Menu
Mavis Discount Tire
reviews

Mavis Discount Tire
reviews

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.1 7 reviews
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Mavis Discount Tire has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Mavis Discount Tire. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Rate your recent experience
M
1:29 pm EST

Mavis Discount Tire Compliment

My husband and I had a flat and didn't know where to go for a repair. He called several places and couldn't even get his call answered. He called Mavis in Deptford, NJ and Matt Whiteley answered the phone. He was very professional and after listening to my husband about our problem told him to come on over and he would take care of the tire. He was able to patch the tire and he even put it back on the car for us. What a pleasure it was to deal with someone who is so very friendly and helpful. He made us feel like an old customer. Thank you Matt. We really appreciate you.

L
5:17 pm EST
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Mavis Discount Tire EXCELLENT staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1900B Rte 17-Ramsey, nj location

I hope this reaches the Corporate office. My experience at Mavis this weekend was way above average. I walked in on a Sunday-no appointment- and was greeted by a staff that completely assisted, put me at ease and made my experience seamless. I dread walking into any auto-type place. It is out of my "wheelhouse" of experience. I trusted them and they delivered. Jamaal and John-I appreciate you. Your professionalism and kindness did not go unnoticed.

T
7:02 am EST

Mavis Discount Tire Dissatisfied and dishonesty

My first encounter stepping in Mavis tire shop located at Towncenter Boulevard in Pooler, I decided would he my first and last. As soon as I stepped foot in the store I was analyzed to he an extremely simple person and the the abrasive nature and aggression I was met by was sickening. I was yelled and spoken down to for resting my umbrella at the door as it was raining cats and dogs outside.

Next order of business

I received services from the Mavis Tire shop in Pooler on Wednesday, November, 2023. I had a patched tire that was leaking so I ordered a new one through Mavis tires to be installed. Uponn installation, when I drove off the tire seemed fine, however, 30 mins after I realized the air pressure in the other tire was low. I kept putting in air until two days after, I realized it was so flat it would not take the air. When I dragged it to another tire shop, I was told that the tire is unfit to drive on and so they would put on my spare. The tire they that was changed to the spare was at the other tire shop was the very same one they had patched in previous times. So now, I realized the defective tire was taken off and placed on the front passenger side, and repatched while my other good tire was taken and used for what? I don't know. I called corporate, they advised me that the office was aware of this and I should take it to the location to be evaluated. Upon arrival, I was told that hadn't received any messages from corporate. At that time I had the spare tire on so they said my new tire was installed so they don't know what I am talking about. I asked to see the tire that was taken. They searched and found me a tire looking similar to m6 old one which had a nail in it. However, had no patched as my previous tire did. I took videos of the tire thay showed me and so the following morning, I went back to the other tire shop to have pictures of the tire they took off. Just as I had suspected my tire had the correct Dot date as well as the patch I had made in the previous years. So Mavis tires took off my old patched tire.. put it on the other side of the vehicle and the charged me for a new tire. I am asking to speak with the person who handles these cases. Thanks for a prompt response.

The videos showed the tire they said was mine, but that tire had a patched which got another hole next to it.. and that's why I had to change it. The video was too large so it could not be added.

The last set of pictures are the ones I took for the tire that was removed from my vehicle.

Update by Throy Andersom

Next order of business

T
7:11 pm EST

Mavis Discount Tire Warranty refusal

I had purchased 2 accelera phi-r tires on 5-14-23. These tires last 8000 miles, and 6 months. The wear was complete and consistent. I brought the car in on 11/21/23 to see about replacement. After reviewing the manufacturer website, where clearly stated is a 12 month wear bar full replacement warranty, I approached the counter and explained my issue. After an hour ( time for the tech to evaluate the car) they stated that I would have to pay for new tires. They could find no issue that caused the wear, but refused because I did not "purchase the road hazard warranty ". I reminded them that road hazard was not required, as this is the manufacturer basic warranty, and they repeated the refusal to replace the tires. Additionally, a road hazard claim would be refused, as there was only wear noted.

Completely unacceptable.

This was the Carthage Tx shop.

A
4:52 pm EDT

Mavis Discount Tire Bad customer service

I scheduled an appointment on Friday and they kept calling me to confirm my appointment and told me that I can bring in my car earlier. So I came 30 mins earlier from my appointment time and the store manager told me that they are backed down so I could just leave my car or bring it in the next day. So I told him that I can have someone picked me up. Then they called me to tell me that they couldn’t start working on my car that day and if I wanna leave it there ao that they can start working on it in the morning. Saturday noon came and no one called me for an update. I had to call them and they told me that they’re just bringing in my car to get looked at and they’ll call me for updates. Nearing closing time, no one has called me back and when I called the store, they told me that they couldn’t finish it today. The fact that they had the car the Friday 3pm and whole day Saturday, they couldn’t start working on it, call me back and when I called, they just told me they’ll finish on Monday. What kind of service is this!

B
5:24 pm EDT

Mavis Discount Tire Terrible experience at Pittsfield, MA store

Took over 1 1/2 hours for the mechanic to put on 2 tires. He broke 2 tire pressure sensors! He installed wrong tires! The tire pressure warning light was on as I left after the manager convinced me to keep the wrong tires! I was told that tire sensor light would go out after 50 miles. It did not! Now I have to go back to this horrible place tomorrow! Their website has loads of 5 star reviews that look written by staff. While other review sites are loaded with 1 star reviews! TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

A
10:03 am EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Mavis Discount Tire Do not buy tires from this place!

I wouldn't suggest you buy your tires here or the warranty or anything from this place. I ordered tires from here and got the warranty then when I need my tire fixed It seemed impossible. They ordered my tire on a Friday their computers supposedly shut down on a Sunday and I'm still waiting on a tire going on the next following week Wednesday and they're still saying it's going to be another day.This is beyond ridiculous I would never ever buy a set of tires from this place again and only reason why I waited so long is because I have a warranty and I don't want to have to come out of pocket any more than what I have to buy a new tire from another place. Just know if their system shuts down you're screwed for days if you need your car.

Mavis Discount Tire In-depth Review

Overall Rating: I would give Mavis Discount Tire a solid 4 out of 5 stars.

Website Design and User Experience: The website design of Mavis Discount Tire is clean and user-friendly. It is easy to navigate and find the information you need. The search function works well, allowing you to quickly find the tires you are looking for. The overall user experience is smooth and efficient.

Product Range and Availability: Mavis Discount Tire offers a wide range of tires for various vehicles, including cars, trucks, and SUVs. They have a good selection of brands and models to choose from. The availability of products is generally good, with most items in stock and ready for purchase.

Pricing and Value for Money: Mavis Discount Tire offers competitive pricing on their products. They often have promotions and discounts available, making their prices even more affordable. The value for money is excellent, as the quality of the tires is high and the prices are reasonable.

Customer Service and Support: The customer service at Mavis Discount Tire is top-notch. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful, providing assistance and guidance when needed. They are responsive to customer inquiries and provide timely and effective support.

Shipping and Delivery: Mavis Discount Tire offers fast and reliable shipping. They have a good track record of delivering orders on time and in good condition. The shipping fees are reasonable, and they provide tracking information so you can easily monitor the progress of your order.

Return and Refund Policy: Mavis Discount Tire has a fair and straightforward return and refund policy. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return the tires within a specified period for a refund or exchange. The process is hassle-free and customer-friendly.

Quality of Products: The quality of the tires offered by Mavis Discount Tire is excellent. They only carry reputable brands and ensure that their products meet high standards. The tires are durable, reliable, and perform well on the road.

Trustworthiness and Reputation: Mavis Discount Tire has a strong reputation for being trustworthy and reliable. They have been in the business for many years and have built a loyal customer base. Their commitment to customer satisfaction and their transparent business practices make them a trusted choice for tire purchases.

Social Responsibility and Sustainability: Mavis Discount Tire is committed to social responsibility and sustainability. They actively participate in community initiatives and support environmental causes. They strive to minimize their carbon footprint and promote eco-friendly practices.

Additional Services and Features: In addition to selling tires, Mavis Discount Tire offers a range of additional services. These include tire installation, balancing, rotation, and alignment. They also provide tire maintenance tips and advice to help customers prolong the lifespan of their tires.

Customer Reviews and Testimonials: Customer reviews and testimonials for Mavis Discount Tire are generally positive. Customers appreciate the quality of the products, the competitive pricing, and the excellent customer service. They often mention the convenience of shopping online and the ease of the purchasing process.

Competitor Comparison: When compared to its competitors, Mavis Discount Tire stands out for its wide product range, competitive pricing, and excellent customer service. While some competitors may offer lower prices, they often compromise on quality or customer support.

Pros and Cons:

• Pros: Wide product range, competitive pricing, excellent customer service, fast shipping, high-quality products.
  • Cons: Limited physical store locations, occasional stock availability issues.

Conclusion and Recommendation: Overall, Mavis Discount Tire is a reliable and trustworthy online tire retailer. They offer a wide range of high-quality products at competitive prices, backed by excellent customer service. I would highly recommend Mavis Discount Tire for all your tire needs.

Mavis Discount Tire contacts

Website

www.mavistire.com

Most discussed Mavis Discount Tire reviews

Dissatisfied and dishonesty
(opinions to this review)

Your Voice Matters: Our Commitment to Genuine Reviews