Mattress Firmunethical behavior by management

K

March 19th I went to Mattress Firm at 4910 E Ray Road, Phoenix AZ 85044. The store manager, Josh Brown was working. When we entered the store a customer was walking out and replied, "Good Luck" to us. We should have left then but Josh seemed nice enough until we explained we had a certain mattress in mind and had been offered a family and friends discount since I work at a local television station. He seemed to want me to prove it, so I began searching for my email. He then shut sown completely when we chose a half price clearance mattress. He got very rude and we explained my daughter is moving into a new apartment her friend went to a different location of Mattress Firm in Scottsdale and bought the mattress. He was also given the friends and family discount as well as free shipping. We only asked for what we knew some else received the day prior.
We left the store and the next day went to the old Debby Gabby store across the street and had a nice person Lincoln waiting on us. I told him we wanted a specific mattress that he didn't have, and he called across the street and talked to josh. Josh immediately spoke to him knowing it was for us, and REFUSED to sell us the mattress, stating he would only sell it as a set. I drove across the street asked for his business card, and he responded, "Are you going to tell on me now"?
I am a sales person for twenty years at the same station. I was appalled at how he treated my daughter and I. We did go to another Mattress Firm and buy our mattress we could not get the discount her roommate/boyfriend received because this store talked to Lincoln at the other store and Josh too. Very disappointed in the collaboration as well as rudeness given to myself and my daughter. I have thought about filing a complaint for two and a half weeks, I do not normally complain but Josh is a terrible manipulative man who should not be representing your store.

I will never go back, nor my friends hopefully as I begin to post on social media.