Mashreq Bankfraud happened to my savings account in mashreq bank

K Sep 26, 2019

This is Kumari Anamika holding saving account in Mashreq bank.

A fraud happened to my Mashreq bank account in UAE .

I would like to raise an issue to get my hard earned savings. I have been constantly requesting the bank to help me, but no one is responding properly.

I am disputing the transactions of AED 37, 500/- that were debited fraudulently to my account without my authorization. Following are the detail description of my complain regarding the fraudulent happened .

On 21/7/2019 :-My account has been debited with the sum of AED 37, 500 and the same day fraud of this amount has been reported to the customer care (Reference No-REF 3954125-P4R8N5).
I would like to bring your attention towards this and till date my Dispute Reference number 70211 has not been resolved.

On 21/07/19 :- Itself around 4 o clock (Afternoon) I visited Mashreq branch of Internet city but, the branch was closed .From there itself I called the customer care and confirmed them about the fraud happened and blocked the card at the same time .

On 22/07/19 :- I have visited your internet city branch again and have met one of the customer service representative at the branch and I have been told that don't worry madam all these amount are still showing unclaimed and you have already complained and blocked your card then the bank will not authorize the amount .
I have been advised by the customer service representative to call the Customer care and I did the same, the customer care confirmed about the fraud and told that somebody has tried to withdraw all the cash and the amount will be on hold and no body can take it since it is a fraud .

On 22/07/19 :- I have forwarded the dispute mail at 20:54 Dubai Timings to the email [email protected]

On 23/07/19 I have sent the reminder to the bank at 09:45 a.m. Dubai timing and I didn't get any response.

On 23/07/19 I have sent the reminder again to the bank at 15:27 p.m. Dubai timing and I didn't get any response.

On 28/07/19 I called the customer care once again and I was updated that the merchant has claimed the money from the Bank on 23/07/19 and, I was suggested by the customer care again I have sent the same mail requesting for action at 21:23 p.m. Dubai timing.

Sorry to say but Its bit frustrating and I would like to raise the following issues with the bank.

• When I have reported for fraud on 21st of July (the same day fraudulent happened ), and I blocked the card then how can the Bank allow the transaction to happen on 23/07/19.

• It means the issues which I have addressed to the bank were not taken on priority basis and my request were kept in the Junks.

On 29/07/19 I visited the branch in Internet city again and expressed my concerns.

On 29/07/19 I got a mail from [email protected] stating that they are in receipt of the form and the dispute reference No is 70211.

On 01/08/19 Visited the Internet city branch and I was told by the customer service representative to call the customer care center once again.

As a customer I would like to urge from the bank that this was the Fraud happened and it was all done online. And I was at my Workplace when this happened.

It might be a small amount for bank, but for me it was my hard earned money which I kept for my children's school fees. Cancelled my planned vacation due to loss of my hard earned money.

It's really alarming to a working lady that anybody can take the hard earned money from the bank thus making this whole secure system uncertain.

Customers need not to have faith and this miss-happening is thus spoiling the relationship between the Bank and the customer. It means our system and Money which are our hard-earned money can vanish with the Frauds at any time.

After all these I would like to make a humble request from the Bank to please take the necessary action so that I can get back my money which is a huge amount for me as I have saved this for My children's School Fee and the vacation. Due to this miss- happening we have cancelled our vacation.
I am struggling hard to get back my hard earned money .
Please help me to get my hard earned money to take care of my children's education.
Thanks & regards,