MAPCO Express / Mapcomart.comdiesel pump charged me 82.00 for less than a gallon of fuel then kicks off.

C Oct 28, 2018

I was going to fill up my Diesel truck because Mapco sent me a 11 cent discount thru their rewards system.
This Mapco is located at 9000 Al Hwy 40, Henagar, Alabama Store # 5160
I pulled up to Pump No#1 I swiped my Mapco Rewards card, then my Mastercard payment card, it recalculated the cost of the fuel, just like always.
Thats when the Night Mare began, I pumped for less than 60 seconds, the pump kicked off, I thought it was just backflow issue which happens often I tried to start pumping again, the pump handle went limp, would not start back so I looked at the Pump and the reading on the pump said 27. something gallons and $82.00.
I did not put the pump back up because I was afraid it was going to charge me 82.00 for less than a gallon of Diesel..
So I went inside to tell the cashier she came out looked at the pump, she called her manager, and the manager said it sounded right to her.
By the way there were two other pumps that had Bags on then ( 4 bags 2 pumps) because they were having problems with those as well. They would not tell me why, or give a sacrificing answer.
I visit that station several times a week because I live just 2 miles away...And they would not do any thing about it, not even give me a sacrificing answer to to the problem.
Also the pump would not give me a receipt, I had to go inside to get the receipt, and it looks as if I did get the $82.00 worth.
My truck was on half a tank I was going to fill it up with the 11c off But left with Half a tank and was charged $82.00.
I will fight this through My Master card account too.
Kevin

RESOLVED

• MAPCO's response · Oct 30, 2018

We apologize for the issue you describe and want to help. Can you please email your contact information to [protected]@mapcoexpress.com and include case number 85069 in the subject so we can help?