ManningtonDefective material supplied

J

We recently installed Mannington's Carmel (their newest product) porcelain tiles in our kitchen and only after installation we noticed the tiles are warped in the middle. Every tile has a small arch which is clearly noticeable. When we walk we can feel that the surface is not even with ups and downs.

When I called Mannington, they said they cannot entertain any claims because their warranty states I should have called them before installation. But the fact is they supplied a defective material to start with.

I had spent so much money only to hear this company talking about warranty :-(, a piece of paper they have put together. They didn't even want to check the product to make sure the next customer wouldn't be affected.

Thanks
James

• Le
    let'sbereasonable Mar 28, 2009

I guess your installer made no notice of the defective tile while installing? Mannington should be willing to supply new tile and the installer should be willing to reinstall since he/she did not pay any attention during installation. I'm not saying that Mannington has no fault here, I'm just saying they're not alone.

• Al
    albert reva Jul 30, 2007

Yup... they are selling a defective product. I had the product installed and it looked horrible.Mannington knows its a dud and they are selling it. Can you say class action lawsuit?