Carpet One Floor & Home Logo

Carpet One Floor & Home

Having problems with Carpet One Floor & Home?

+1 918 982 6157 (Head Office)
+1 918 856 6063 (Broken Arrow Store)
+1 918 982 6164 (Tulsa Store, Olympia Ave.)
+1 918 379 4865 (Owasso Store)
+1 816 479 0582 (Overland Park Store)
+1 816 875 9527 (Lee's Summit Store)
+1 816 463 4703 (Lenexa Store)
+1 816 407-8994 (Kansas City Store)
+1 417 553 2069 (Joplin Store)
3940 S Sheridan
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun1:00 PM - 5:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

buddy's carpet one - ontario, ca

HORRIBLE service. The manager is rude and very unwilling to make a bad install right. Standards were not followed as per manufacturer guidelines.
Inspection report THEY ordered specifically indicates install process was not followed with staggering and leveling.
Buddy's is not standing behind their warranty.
Plans to contact Calif. Contractors St Lic Board and filing a civil law suit.
CARPET ONE should be ashamed to have Buddy's a part of their franchise and name.
I plan to take this to it's fullest extent...Condescending [censor]!

Carpet One
  • Updated by blondy5689 · Jul 05, 2017

they are terrible

Wrong color

We ordered a carpet from Carpet One website for our office. When it finally arrived (delivery took longer than we expected) we were very disappointed because the color of the carpet was incorrect. We contacted Carpet One customer care service and asked for an exchange but they refused. When we just made our order their rep said that we will have 90 days to return. Complete lie! When we wanted to return they claimed they did not accept returns.
They suggested us to keep or donate the carpet. Color was totally wrong and did not suit our office. Avoid doing business with this company!

Installed wrong product and installations poorly done

I thought consumers should be aware of my awful experience with Carpet One in Arlington. I had to have my solid hardwood floors replaced due to water damage I was clear that I wanted the same quality, solid hardwood floors. However, they installed an inferior product (engineered wood) instead. Within days the floors were scratching, denting and chipping. Not only has the company not stood behind its product, but the project took months rather than days to complete. They were not careful when installing, damaging walls and furniture. This has not only been a huge inconvenience, but also costly. They tried to imply a 70 yr. old woman and a 25 lb. dog were responsible for a month old floor falling apart. So far, the company has been unwilling to do the right thing and replace my floors with the product I ordered in the first place. Please be warned they are not a company of integrity.

Horrible tile install, theft from our home, lying owner, unlicensed contractors, buyer beware!!

We hired Glines Carpet One to install floor tile in our 3000 sq.ft. home & remodel 2 showers. We set a time limit of 3 to 4 months maximum, which was acknowledged & agreed upon by Glines Carpet One. We required & agreed that our tile installer would work straight through on our job until it was finished. This was our top priority, getting our job finished. We brought up the subject of licensed experienced installers & stated that we required only licensed contractors work in our home in our agreement. We stated requirement of consistency in the laying of the tile & required 1 person in charge overseeing to insure industry standards & consistency. We have raised foundation & insisted/required top quality installation & would pay whatever the costs to have the entire house subfloor replaced or floated in order to achieve our goal. We stated we would not allow anyone laying tile in our house who was just learning, & Glines agreed to that and all our requirements & gave us a contract in writing agreeing to install our tile to the industry standards which is 2/32nd's of an inch. Glines subcontracted our work to Jim Ruggirello, Infamous Tile and Stone, YC, who is a licensed contractor. We were assured Jim had the experience we required & we spoke to Jim ourselves in Gline's store & he assured us he would get our job done on time & with excellent quality.

Immediately after beginning our job, Jim quit coming daily as his business was just taking off & he had no time. He put people in our home who had little to no experience in laying tile. Jim botched at least half of the work he actually did himself & at least 1/4 of all the tile Jim or his workers laid is not to industry standard & must be replaced & they damaged all my cabinets, broke windows, and damaged personal property, granite countertops were chipped and gouged, cabinets were thrashed, my piano has drink cup wet rings on it from the workers, & tiles were up to 1/4 inch off in height from one tile to the very next tile which I call toe stubbers. When Jim did show up he would be on his phone 99% of the time, so much so that when he did attempt to lay tile he would forget how long he was talking & the thin set no longer stuck to the tiles, but he laid them anyway & the grout cracked off & they all had to be replaced. Jim didn't know how to lay tile around toilets & he had no idea how to float a floor. He sent his guys in to lay Ditra for the Schluter System & we didn't know it but these guys had just learned how & really didn't know what they were doing we found out after calling the Schluter Company ourselves. They made such a mess of our master shower that we had to have it repaired & start over. There were huge 10 x 20 foot sections of tile we had to remove because they were so crooked. We had to tear out half the tile in our kitchen, dining room, and entry hall because they were toe stubbers, so poorly laid. Jim had just opened his own business and was trying to get his showroom set up & trying to get customers of his own, plus Mike Glines lied to us repeatedly & kept pulling our installers to go and install on other jobs because of the sheer amount of time it was taking, at this point we were into this job 9 months & were at the very end of our rope. We only ran into subfloor repairs that took about 5 weeks, but other than that Jim would pull his guys off our job about mid-day to go work elsewhere. After numerous complaints to Mike Glines, he finally fired Infamous & hired Tony Shoemaker & Daren Schuler. Glines warned us that Tony was one of the slowest installers out there but said he was good & would repair the tile damaged by Infamous Tile & Stone. Tony & Daren started out doing pretty good work but worked ever so painfully slow and were on their phones & their install quality began to change and now we have to repair their work too. We assumed they were also licensed experienced contractors. When I asked Mike he said they were working under his license and then said they worked under Melvin Bloomfield's contractor's license, which is illegal. Melvin would have had to be there on our job at least once. Tony Shoemaker & Daren Schuler stole $1000's of personal items from our home & also damaged personal items. They took an additional 4 months to finish. The job took over an entire year to complete because Mike kept pulling the workers for other jobs. Our job cost $120k. To do the repairs to our home & compensation for damaged items amounts to more than $70, 000. Mike did not require us to make the final payment of $33, 000 because of the amount he owes us in repairs & damages. He has not come forward to refund us the balance of what he owes us or even make a compensation offer & he continues to employ Tony Shoemaker illegally working under a borrowed contractor's license number and Sutter Co. theft report #[protected]. Mike Glines owes us $37, 000 minimum.

[Resolved] Fraudulent Charge

Carpet One opened a charge account in my name and charged over $4000 to my account without any written authorization. I never agreed to buy anything from them. They charged my account a week before they even came to my residence to measure and give me a firm quote. And to add insult to injury, they charged my account more than the final quote amount. I am now perusing a FRAUD CLAIM with the lender against them. In my opinion they employ sleazy sales and business practices. I will never give them the opportunity to earn my business again. If I could rate them zero stars I would!

• Resolution Statement

The owner of the company has contacted me and he assured me that the money charged to my account has been refunded.

wrong carpet

We purchased a carpet from the Carpet One store on Airport Freeway in Ft Worth in 2008. It had a 20 yr...

Poor Service and Installation

We got Carpet One to install carpet and vinyl in our home. The guys who installed it were totally unprofessional and did a real rough job. We noticed the joins in each doorway, the metal strips did not reach to the wall and were cut too short, nails poked up through the carpet, the vinyl looked appalling where you could see where they cut the vinyl to make it meet another piece and they left a mess after each time they came in to work. Very unprofessional, rough and horrible to deal with when trying to get things sorted. I will never recommend carpet one to anybody!!!

Improper installation and Defective product

28th June: We purchased a rug and a Healthy Living pad for our living room, with Ruggeri installers to...

Bad customer service

Just had a house of carpet installed by CARPET ONE Plano. The installation was fine, except they did not install on the day they said they would. This was a remodel move in, and of course carpet was last. Movers were scheduled, move in on rental home scheduled, work scheduled, etc. On the morning of the 9 - 10 AM Saturday install, at noon we called store to say no one was at our home installing carpet.. Only to find out that the installation had been scheduled for Monday. Great when were they going to tell the consumer??? Well you could imagine the changes that had to be done, movers, tenant movers, stay off work another 2 days, pay for all of tenants expenses, storage building, movers hold off of furniture, loss of rental on prior home. When complaining to company about all of the inconveniences, they said we are sorry. Just Sorry.. No other compensation offered, just sorry. The salesman offer us a floor cleaning product, said he would bring by the house next day, nothing.. Went to store in person to return carpet samples, response sorry, when floor cleaner was mentioned salesman ran to car to get, only 3 days too late. Terrible customer service.. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY...

Faulty installation - won't honor warranty

DO NOT DO BUSINESS with these people! Run now. They installed our hardwood flooring improperly which VOIDED...

Extremely Poor, Rude Customer Service!

Extremely rude, poor customer service. After asking if prices for wood flooring were negotiable, I was told to get the [censored] out, go find it cheaper, given the middle finger and the owner grabbed his crotch at me (in front of a woman) after I told him I would take my business somewhere else, that he was quite rude.

Horrible place

This is the WORST place ever. Their workmanship is horrible. The customer service is horrible.

I will beg you not to waste your money here on any type of flooring. They should be shut down and not allowed into people's homes.

Save your money and shop elsewhere!!

Poor Customer Service

Carpet Giant Carpet One requited full payment up front and then did not show up for the installation. They...

Tiling Installation

I hired the company to install tile in an bathroom. Thru a series of events I didn't use the bathroom...

Terrible Service

It took them three weeks to put together a job they said it would take DAYS to do. THey kept telling us they...

Carpet order not right!

Selected carpet and had them come to measure. They tried to increase the price after we discovered they never ordered the carpet. They also had the nerve to charge me $20 for the measure when it was their mistake to begin with. Owner never responded to my complaint. Stay away - Home Depot is looking good.

• Un
    Unhappy Ale House customer Jul 29, 2009

Home depot is looking good? What are you smoking?. They are the worst violators of consumer trust. Use installers referred by friends or other independent flooring stores instead.

And most importantly, to avoid the problem above, simply have everything written out on the contract. No store can add yards later or add measuring fees if you have a signed contract with the original figures, and obviously make sure you have a copy of said contract.

Bait and Switch used on me

When talking with P, the manager of a Carpet Giant branch in Salt Lake City, he gave me a long speech about the guarantees made by Bigelow carpets, saying, "They will refund your money even if you don't like it." So I bought the carpet, thinking it was Bigelow, a name I trusted. First, the installer brought with him into my home, a friend who was not employed by Carpet Giant and who, the installer told me later on, was on drugs.

The installation was terrible. I called Carpet Giant three times and each time they sent an independent contract out to fix it, but it was never fixed. Moreover, the quality of the carpet is inferior.

I complained to Carpet Giant's Customer Service representative about the "Bigelow" carpet, only to receive a letter saying the manufacturer was not Bigelow, but Mohawk.

Do I have any recourse on this bait-and-switch scam?

• Un
    Unhappy Ale House customer Jul 29, 2009

Firstly, all mills and several retailers will use different child mill names for their carpets. Mohawk alone manufactures carpet under the labels world, customweave, wundaweave, to name a few, and so it does not denote a switch-and-bait scam. It is your responsibility as a consumer to educate yourself on these issues before making a purchase.

Secondly, it is obvious that you are unhappy with the installation, and as such I hope you have brought up that issue alone to this retailer, however bringing up the issue of the carpet being inferior is not recommended, as any retailer will assume you are simply not happy with your carpet due to color or other reasons. If you are to bring up the issue of the carpet being inferior, you must also explain why the carpet is of inferior quality. Is it inferior to the sample you were shown? or inferior to what you hoped the quality of the carpet would actually be?

The product received was not what I ordered

On November 11, 2006, I purchased Monticello-Ecstasy-Amber carpet at Carpet One: 4720 South Cooper, Arlington TX. 76017.

On decider 14th the carpet was installed. The next day December 15th I went to the store with a piece of the scrap carpet they had installed, a showed them it was the wrong grade of carpet. The Monticello Carpet I ordered comes three different weights Ecstasy, Everlasting and one other. The sale man agreed it appeared to be the wrong weight and said they would check on it. On December 18th I was told by the sales man (Randy Davidson) company policy said the sample I provided had to be tested by an independent lab to verify the mistake because the mill must have sent the wrong grade of carpet. it would take seven to ten days for them to test it. I had the salesman put in writing what was to happen because while waiting for the carpet to arrive I had heard many different stories of why it was late. I then called and talked to the store manger (Larry) and the district manger (Gary Gilbert of Floors Inc.) and was told the same thing that company policy says it must be tested by an independent lab. I explained that if they had both grades of carpet in their warehouse it was more likely that someone just pulled the wrong carpet. But was told that was impossible by the district manager.

On December 28th I called an left messages with both the store manager and the district manager wanting to know what was going on to resolve this issue. The store manager (Larry) called me back that day and said the sample had been sent to the district office for review but he did not know were it stood from there. The next day December 29th the store manager called back and stated the woman that was to review the sample was on vacation till January 2nd and he would not know anything till then. On January 2nd the store manger called and stated that the sample of what they had installed was too sent back to the carpet mill for testing and it would be about two weeks before they would know any thing. This statement was contrary to there earlier statement of it having to be reviewed by an independent lab.

Unfortunately, the product received was not what I ordered. Because the carpet I selected came in three qualities, and I picked the thicker (Ecstasy), but what I received was the thinner (Everlasting)

I am disappointed because even though it is visibly different, the store is denying the problem by giving me the run around and delaying a resolution to this problem. In the mean time I have furniture stacked up every where so as not to have to move it again for the install of new carpet.

To resolve this problem, I would expect the exchanging of the carpet for what I ordered.

Carpet One

2001Coit Road, Suite 301, Plano, TX 75075
524 West Belt Line Rd., Suite 10, Richardson, TX 75080

• Na
    Nan43 Jul 23, 2013

See my posting for July 2013. The same thing happened to us by the same store and manager, Larry.

Unfulfilled contractual Obligations, harassment, additional financial and emotional hardships

I have been in the process of getting the additional documentation to support my claims against Carpet Giant Carpet One. It will be clearly demonstrated what my three primary complaints against Carpet Giant Carpet One are.

1) Unfulfilled contractual Obligations
2) Additional Financial and emotional hardships to have other companies finish their job
3) Harassment i.e. sending me to collections without substantiating the debt.

There were two agreements signed one without carpet and one with I assumed when they sent me to collection that they were referring to the first which they were not they sent me the second (attached) which I no longer had in my possession. My builder and I requested their paperwork when we were in the process of firing them for their unfulfilled obligations, Such paperwork was never furnished us.

1)The contract was signed by us in good faith we paid $10,000 down (on what was originally a smaller contract) as their contract itself stipulates the ³Customer Agrees to Pay the Balance Due Upon Completion to installerŠCarpet Giant.² We had every intention of doing so. The contract was signed on January 20 of 2005. We were very excited about the remodel of our home and were in my opinion very patient with Carpet Giant as they repeatedly missed appointments, when they did show up it would only be for a couple of hours the installer Mr. C claimed that he had a number of jobs and that people that worked for him were quitting and that his father who I believe was the manager had developed some serious medical conditions, as such we were very compassionate and reasonable We saw Mr. C and his wife at a local restaurant and even bought them dinner as a gesture of good faith (also hoping they would feel obligated to finish soon). However We kept communicating to MR.C that we needed to finish, inevitably we saw him less and less and it became ever increasingly difficult to communicate with them. Towards the summer we brought on a CONTRACTOR to assist us He in addition to us spoke with Carpet Giant and notified them that they needed to finish in a timely manner or we were done working with them. We preferred all along that they just finish their agreement. As we stated numerous times to carpet Giant we would move on without them. So in October 2005 around 8 months +/- we had CONTRACTOR oversee the carpet and tile of the home as will be substantiated below. ACCORDING TO LAW CARPET GIANT CARPET ONE had 30 days to fulfill or mostly fulfill their obligations or they were automatically in contract default and had no right to attempt to collect a debt. I HAVE LIMITED THE NAMES OF ALL REPUTABLE PARTIES TO PROTECT THEIR PRIVACY MYSELF INCLUDED.

Tile:

Carpet Giant Deposit $10,000
Total Cost to finish Tile: $12,290.72

Original Carpet Giant Bid to Tile Home: $21,695.25

Difference it cost me to have other companies finish: $595.47

*I need to have copies ordered will be happy to if Carpet Giant will reimburse me the difference upon substantiation Both are Tile Material.

*A See note from CPA

That is purely a financial hardship difference and does not include the time wasted on Carpet Giant, CARPET ONE, WESTERN WHOLESALE FLOORING; the effects of upholding my home from being finished and or livable and the emotional headaches caused directly and indirectly by as I like to call them Carpet Giant Carpet One Big Headache. It should be noted as copied in my letter from Attorney NyKamp that Carpet Giant is not disputing the carpet and nor should they it is self evident that they were in serious default of contract and have no legal basis to collect on that as they never did anything with carpet except measure for the bid.

Carpet: $5597.3 As you can see I got a much better deal on Carpet DT. Development $1,119.46 Total Carpet: $6,716.76

Total: <$468.24>

However as stated the carpet is totally out of the picture via their own documents and contract default and in the end they owe me $595.47. And one very big apology.

3) As can be seen by their collection letters and their contract bid agreement they never substantiated debt and had no clue what the story on the project was. I suspect because of the (what I was originally told BY CGCO) falling out (rightly so) of MR C. and Carpet Giant Carpet . They treated me as though I were a deadbeat when in fact they were the one¹s that had the unfulfilled obligations. Also note the detail of the invoices of the other companies one can only guess what Carpet Giant Carpet One Big headache¹s (caused me) invoice entails.

In closing in the end they never fulfilled their obligations, caused financial and emotional hardships and left me with a very bad impression of their organization as a whole from my experiences of their retail as well as corporate offices. It should be noted that after the first collection letter my husband called ³Dean² from Customer service several times 06-14-06 leaving numerous voice mail messages to which ³Dean² never replied. (got dean¹s number from the St George Office they stated they would send me bid¹s their files on us , which never happened see email documentation)

It is important to note that in a number of placed where carpet giant carpet one, western wholesale floors did set tile it was uneven and sloppy in fact I have to repair at least 4 tiles as the grouting has given and cracked.

If at all possible I would like you to encourage Attorney Nykamp to answer my questions for him in response to his I feel that his answers could be very beneficial to both the mycomplaints.com and myself as to what their real intentions are.

Sincerely,

DISSATISFIED CARPET GIAN CARPET ONE (FORMER) CLIENT.

ALSO NOTE DOCUMENTATION CAN BE PUT ON WEBSITE OR FORWARDED AS NEEDED.

• As
    Ashg Aug 21, 2018

Yesterday(3-12-18) I purchased carpet roughly 1600.00. I got Notification today that my card was charged twice and now is in the negative. They have not even installed my carpet yet and I'm already dealing with issues like this. Not at all impressed and would likely not recommend.