Macy's — took money from a credit I had in my account
Beware Macys Credit Card holders. Macy's will take it upon themselves to take your money if you have a credit on your charge card! For the last six months I had a $1.00 credit on my Macy's Credit card. I have not used the card, nor do I care to shop at Macy's. I continued to receive credit card statements showing this $1.00 credit. This time the bill was different in that it had a statement saying; "NO PAYMENT IS REQUIRED ON YOUR REVOLVING ACCOUNT. THIS CREDIT BALANCE CAN BE APPLIED TO FUTURE PURCHASES. HOWEVER, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO OBTAIN A REFUND CHECK, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT AT THE PHONE NUMBER LISTED ON YOUR STATEMENT OR RETURN YOUR PAYMENT SLIP IN THE ENCLOSED ENVELOPE." I decided to call the customer service number at [protected] and spoke with Kathy. I was astonished to hear Kathy tell me that my account now had a 0 balance and Macy's removed the credit. I asked her if they issued me a check and she said ; "NO." I laughed out loud and said to her you mean they removed the dollar and kept it? She said that they did! She said she would place the $1.00 in the account and issue me a check. She said their system automatically removes this money! IF ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY CREDIT ON YOUR MACY'S ACCOUNT, GET IT OUT! Even the states have to place monies that are not accountable in Unclaimed Funds, BUT NOT MACY'S! What a joke! If I knew this wouldn't ruin my credit, or bring my credit down, I would cancel my credit card! I never intend on going there again!
More Macy's Complaints & Reviews
- Macy's Credit Card - credit card fraud
- Macy's Department Stores - forcing employees to quit vs. pay unemployment
- Macy's - belgique cookware "don't get burned"
- Macys - poor place to work
- Macy's - employee harassment
- Macys - beware
- Macy's - interest rip off
- Macy's In Hampton Bays - very rude manager!
- Macy's - macy's, violation of labor laws, $ unpaid overtime, undue influence
- Macy's - ridiculous on-line bill pay