Having problems with Macy's?

+1 800 289 6229 (United States)
+1 513 573 7912 (International)
+1 888 257 6757 (Credit Customer Service)
+1 888 822 6229 (Furniture and Mattress Customer Service)
+1 800 568 8865 (Wedding and Gift Registry)
685 Market St., 10th Fl.
Sat24h
Sun24h

Complaints & Reviews

macy's credit card

Dear Macys - As one of your "valued customers" I would like to let you know that I'm not feeling so...

deceptive billing practices

I have a Macy's Visa Credit Card. I have a bill payment through my bank. I began to receive bills from...

unauthorized billing

I made some purchases from the Macy's store in January this year. They had some promotion going, and offered me to become a member to get a discount on my whole purchase. I said I don't want to open a card with them, to which they replied that it's not necessary. I paid for the items with my credit card and left. After three months I got contacted by their collector department that was demanding a payment. Only after minutes into the conversation I realized that he wanted me to pay the amount I already paid again plus a late fee. From his words I opened TWO cards with Macy's and one card has a balance on it I did not pay.

I have been fighting ever since, they had illegally opened the credit cards without my permission and harassing me every day for not paying and threated me for reporting it to credit agency. I have disputed it several time and asked them to show me the proof or signed copy of my receipts that i have asked to open them the cards and paid it using the store card. But ever after 5 months I have no reply from them.

an unfair termination

I worked for Macy's tyson Galeria for about eight years and received ceveral recognition and...

closed my account

I have had an account with Macy's for 4 years, paid my bill on time every month, paid over the minimum every month, and had credit available. So I was flabergasted when I checked my account online and saw that my account had been closed. I called Macy's, and was told that despite I have never been late, paid over the minimum every month, had credit available and was overall a good customer, that my account had been closed because when they did their "periodic" credit check, that my overall credit history was not good. My near perfect credit history with them was null and void... As a result, this is going to kill my credit score, as this was the longest running credit card I had open and had the highest credit limit... I have already begun my letter of complaints to the BBB, and the attorney gerneral. I am sick of these credit card agencies screwing over people that are trying to secure a future for themselves by trying to get the best credit score they can... Because as we know, you can't get anything without credit these days!!!

• Bo
    Bob Dickson Jun 15, 2009

Last Christmas while shopping at Macy's I was making my purchases and handed the store clerk my Macy's card. My purchase had totaled $105.75. I was told my the clerk that my something was wrong and that my purchase would not go thru. I was confused because the card had a zero balance and the last time I had used the card was the Christmas before. The clerk asked me if he wanted me to have him place a call to the credit department and find out what the issue was. I asked him to do so. That's when I found out from the credit department that because I had not used my Macy's credit card in over a year that they had dropped my normal credit limit of $500.00 to $100.00. Ok I say to myself, I know things are tuff in the credit world but here I am trying to make a purchase of $105.75. That's $5.75 past my new credit limit. I asked the credit department person on the phone if he could authorize my purchase this time as it was gifts for my son's and was declined. Even though I was in good standings and never missed a payment with Macy's. I was also told that if I wanted to keep my credit good with Macy's that I needed to continue making purchases with them in order for my new credit limit to be raised in the future. Not wanting to jepordise my credit standings with Macys' as I had held that card for over 10 years, I reduced my purchase by half not wanting to leave empty handed. Needless to say it was embarrissing to me, standing inline during the Christmas rush, with folks behind me listining to me etc.
    FYI, I have yet to go inside a Macy's store sense then.. I don't like being treated that way.
    So check out on your statements closely. After reviewing my old statements I found that they had informed my of the credit lowering by no use. I just never looked closely enough, as I didn't see any purchases and thought that all was good.

awful company

I am a very loyal Macy's customer, I have a Platinum Credit Card which means I spend over $1000 with Macy's a year. I am a professional that does most my shopping there when the sales are on. When I travel I even shop with Macy's and have shopped at Macy's in 10 different states.

Sometimes I also shop online with Macy's when I find a good deal. As a Macy's Platinum card holder I am use to free services provided to there most loyal customers. When I buy online I use to receive free shipping for items purchased online.

Recently Macy's has discontinued this practice as of May 1st, 2008 however they did this with out alerting customers. As of July 30 the site does say:

** For free services, which are not available at all Macy's stores, purchases must be made at Macy's with your Macy's Card. Excludes furniture, mattresses, floor coverings, and purchases on macys.com. Credit will appear on your statement.

In some parts of the site it does say the above. However it does say the below on a lot of pages also. Free service purchases must be made at Macy's with your Macy's Card. Includes shipping on macys.com purchases. Excludes furniture, area rugs and mattresses. Credit will appear on your statement.

First when Macy's changes a long standing practice without alerting the customer it is wrong. Second if you are going to change the policy then you have to make sure that it is consistent, as I called in on July 30 and was told that yes of course I should receive credits automatically.

After explaining to him things changed without anyone being notified, he put me on hold and began to speak with his supervisor. After that he explained that it had changed as of May 1st. He also credited my account but explained that it was a one time credit and that in the future the new policy would be enforced.

A lot of customers probably don't realize that this policy has changed. They did not take the effort to inform there customers. Really Macy's should not take this reward away from their most loyal customers.

• Di
    Dissatisfied Macys Customer Nov 17, 2009

I am a Macy's Platinum card holder also. I do a majority of my shopping online. It does bother me that Macy's changed the policy without informing the customers. I usually use the gift wrapping service during the holidays but found that 1/2 of the stores I visited no longer offer gift wrap. To me it makes no difference now if I hold a Macys Red or Platnium card. The perks are just are not worth it. Also, the extra coupons that you receive hardly do me any good becuase they exclude just about everything. The free shipping and handling was what I enjoyed most.

• My
    MysteryStories Feb 10, 2011

You both are right. As I wrote to accompany another person's complaint these new "perks" aren't perks at all. I wish we had the old tailoring, free shipping, gift wrap services, that I, over a number of year, worked towards. You know the other thing that gets me? That we can't used the Rewards Certificates online. What the hell?

returning merchandise

I tried to return some clothing that was given to me as a gift by an elderly relative. The clothing had all...

bogus "finance charge"

I received a bill from Macy's that included a $2.64 finance charge, although I had made the earliest purchase shown on the bill only three weeks ago. I called them and they said that this was a "provisional" finance charge, and I could subtract it from my payment although it was included in the amount shown as the balance due. Many if not most consumers would pay the balance due without realizing this charge was added. This is a straight up RIPOFF by Macys!

• Jb
    J Browne Jan 21, 2010

The latest balance on my Macy's credit card is for $376.94, of which $4.47 is for an "Initial Interest Charge". What is an "Initial Interest Charge"? I pay my balance in full and on time every month. Is it legal for Macy's to add this preemptive charge? Sounds like a rip-off to me.

payroll

i worked for macys for 3 years. i was promoted to a specialist and received a bonus of 300.00 dollars every...

Resolved macys fraud can hurt your credit class action needed

First off the Macys card is a good deal for most folks who shop there. Most associates just want to do the job and save you money - however if you run into the wrong one, forget refinancing your home or anything else. Here is how some of the dishonest scams work in the stores. You want to purchase something and don't have your card with you - you can be looked up in the system with your drivers liscence and social security number to make the purchace however if you are asked for an additional credit card and see things on the screen STOP IMMEDIATLEY and ask for a manager. You are being put back into the system and your credit will be checked even though you already have a card so that the associate can get a prize. You come and and your Macys card has an expiration date on it that has passed. The associate tells you that you need to be "put back into the system" NOT TRUE your credit has just been checked without reason. A Macys card is always good in the store unless you actually closed it. You think you want to open an account but decide you don't want to hand over your social security number (I assure you its safe) the associate either tells you to put in your drivers liscence number or puts a number in for you. It does not work that way. Again most people are honest about opening your account and it offer really good deals but the bad ones persist even after being reported repeatedly. The also seem to pray on the elderly and individuals who speak less than perfect English. Some of us have paid dearly for being whistle blowers. Bottom line if it does not seeem right insist on seeing a manager or speaking to the credit department on the phone - protect yourself and trust your instints. Hope a smart attorney finds this and gets them to stop

andreajb1420 Jan 01, 2011

Not True at all

• St
    starlet317 Apr 06, 2011

Yes it IS true. Some dishonest associates do this to get credit for opening accounts.

Resolved tear in leather couch

I've noticed a lot of complaints about Macys Furniture and just wanted to say THANK GOODNESS I came upon the post that gave the names of the Tim Hellmann and Kim T. After writing a letter directly to them and sending photos of my defected leather couch, which I owned for 8 months...I just received a phone call stating that I would be receiving a delivery in 2 weeks of a brand new couch! Thank you for your help and Thank you to Macys for doing the right thing! There are people who are willing to listen to you and that want to keep your business.

• 02
    0222789000860457 May 10, 2009

theres a little stain sice it was delivered, so please contact me for appoitment .my registration # 022789000860457

• Bu
    Buyer be aware Sep 21, 2009

Macy's have been going around and around regarding my leather sectional. The repair service said it looked like used leather and could not be repaired. Cushions also have a problem. Customer service has spent hours on the phone trying to find all the paper work, inf etc. This is the second Leather sectional they have sent. The first one had a hole. They don't want to take care of it and keep passing the buck. Several promised delivery dates that I took off from work only to be told they had a problem. I have Lost time and money on this one! Sent letter to Terry Lundgren-Chairman. Diane M. who has a lot of time on her hands, spent over a couple of hours on the phone! Even belched out loud and said she just got back from lunch. After all that time with her, she now passed the buck to someone who is out of town for the week. She said it would now have to go to someone else who has more authority to decide. A couple of weeks have passed. Stall tactics. Macy's spends more on returns and staff that don"t do much, instead of them helping the customer! Most of Macy's complaints are over furniture. Customer service really needs to train staff better on how to work with customers. This is what customers should know before they buy furniture from them. I've spent over $4, 000. Problems after Problems. Better Business Bureau cant do very much. Where do I turn to next? Unhappy in Michigan!!! Not willing to give up! Buyer Be Aware!

Resolved creditor calls/never had account

I have been recieving creditor calls from Macy's/Bloomingdale's and have never had an account. I have tried at least 6-7 times to speak with representatives to explain that my phone number must have been entered in mistake and request the calls to stop but they have continued. This annoyance has continued for three or more weeks and I can guarantee that I would not consider these companies for future credit because of the incompitence already exhibited.

anoymous Apr 18, 2009

Go to collectionstoppers.com. You need to ask Macy's to verify this debt. You'll have to send a verification form (which collectionstoppers.com with give you) certified mail but it is worth it. I was getting my neighbors collection calls (they have the same last name & no land line) and collectionstoppers.com helped stop the calls. You can call them and there is no charge if Macy's persist after you ask for verification of the debt, collectionstoppers.com will help sue Macy's free of charge. You could make up to $1500. I highly recommend you take the time to do this!

• Tr
    tre108 Sep 30, 2009

I'm sorry about your Macy's complaint, but I would BEWARE of collectionstoppers.com. I wonder if the above response was posted as an ad for them (!?). It's only my hunch, but I believe collectionstoppers.com actually is a "phisher" for consumer info (your address, phone etc.) that they may actually sell to debtors (obvious conflict of interest!).
    As you say, you don't even have a Macy's account; this is a case of someone having the wrong information. I've gotten these too - it took too much of my time and patience, but I generally asked for a manager and explained the situation and the calls eventually stopped. Very inconvenient, but as you say, there is a lot of incompetence out there.

• Sc
    Scruffy Curmudgeon Jan 22, 2010

False Claims – Credit Dunning for not our account
    MCCS - Macy's Credit and Customer Service
    Macy's & Bloomingdales [credit accounts factored to Citicard] - They fail to take appropriate actions in verifying credit card application data so that you can have them call you claiming that you owe them - Macy's, Bloomingdale's - money on a card which may be in $1000s but it is not your card - just your phone number for an account that was opened in a totally different state from your number/home - They are terrible - absolute failure to verify data! ABYSMAL -
    Call from New Delhi Indian Call Center
    (727) 556-7300
    Mccs - MACYS India New Delhi Joe Berg re wrong acct
    Associate 295257 HCL Technologies 800-545-1256x56700
    MCCS POB 8118 Mason OH 45040
    EXECUTIVE OFFICE: Follow-up Lisa Durbin 513-398-5221 x32634
    MCCS POB 8220 Mason OH 45040
    CALL HERE TO COMPLAIN!

I have received numerous calls over the past months all calling to dun my wife on large outstanding amounts on either her Macy's or Bloomingdale's cards. Yet, the address of record for the cards MCCS is calling about is in Rhode Island and our telephone number clearly is not. In each case, since my wife has a Bloomingdale's or Macy's account, not the one in question, we have wasted nearly hours with Indian and Filipino call center employees attempting to explain that we are not who they want. Every time they have claimed they will remove our number from their data base but we keep getting calls.

• De
    Debbie Ott Feb 22, 2010

I have received 28 calls the past week from Macy's-Bloomingdales. Everytime it's the same idiot that says "Do you have an account with us?" I tell him no, I don't, never have, never will after this! He asks for my number, I give it to him. Then I get put on hold forever. I tell him they must have a wrong number. Then he starts asking me for personal information and I tell him he's crazy and hang up. They have phoned me repeatedly, and it's on my cell phone which is costing me extra money, and using up my limit allowed.
    Is there any recourse?
    Debbie Ott

Anon6666 Jan 20, 2014

If what I have been reading is true, this is harassment. No delinquent accounts.
    No messages are left on my voicemail. I don't answer numbers I don't know.

anonymous collectior 2014 Feb 24, 2014

If you have an issue with Macy's contact us and we will be happy to work with you... The customer service number is 1-800-543-1099... Don't go to collectionstoppers.com because it may be a phishing scam... Always verify the information with a reputable source such as the BBB or the Federal Trade Commission, As far as paying your bills always allow sufficient time for the payments to go through. If we call you by mistake we will be happy to delete the erroneous number on the account. If you owe us money we will collect it... Yes we have to follow guidelines setup by the Federal Trade commission... I work with customers from coast to coast; work with us and we will work with you. Play games with me and you do so at your peril... I believe in being honest and upfront in my dealings with customers. If you want to speak to a representative ask for a US representative and they have to transfer the calls to the United States... Down with outsourcing jobs of all types...

Resolved no customer service

Warning to all consumers...do not buy furniture from Macy's without reading my story first...also type into Google...Macy's return furniture and you will read stories of one nightmare after another. I wish I had been smart enough to do this before I bought anything.

I should start by saying we went to Macy's furniture in Clearwater FL and needed quite a bit of furniture...we were sitting on folding chairs and using tv trays to eat. We first wanted to purchase living room furniture...the first sofa we picked out was the last one on clearance in the store and was literally sold out from under us but that is not what this is about...we also picked out several other pieces...they had NOTHING in stock.

We went home and finally decided to go purchase a dining set that they did have in stock...they couldn't deliver it for about a week...again frustrated we left the store went home and called Macys.com. They gave us an earlier delivery date on the set and so we ordered it. My husband placed the order and also purchased their 'worry no more warranty' and was told after 7 years you get your money back if you do not file any claims. We paid 165.00 to have it delivered. The highest delivery fee I have encountered on anything. We received the furniture and three days later I noticed the table had scratched. I called Macy's and told them I would like to replace it with something else since my husband and I had only eaten at the table twice and I felt like another one would just do the same thing and the table would only get worse over time. They told me I would have to pay 10 percent of the purchase price, the delivery fees and pay fees to have the furniture picked up and the new furniture redelivered. After estimating what that would cost it came to around 500.00 to 600.00 dollars.

I told them I felt like the table should not have scratched like that and they said would send a technician out to look at it to see if it was a manufacturer defect and if it was I could send it back so I told them fine...they sent someone out, he looked at it for literally two seconds and called them and told them no it was not a defect. Macy's got on the phone with me and he left while I was still on the phone. They said too bad...you should have covered the table up, you can call on your extended warranty and maybe they will repair it. Can you imagine having to have something repaired within 1 week of purchasing it? I literally broke down in tears on the phone...I told her I would be willing to buy a more expensive set but I was concerned about keeping this set but was still turned down.

Macy's does not care about their customers and I will post my experience everywhere I can as well as call the local tv stations and newspapers. My best friend is a very successful real estate agent in the area and I have told her to tell every customer she has and every agent that she knows to beware of Macy's. They said it was my fault and I should keep the table covered, I didn't cover it because I wanted to show off my new table and honestly I don't know of anyone that uses tableclothes anymore. I told her even if you have placemats on the table certain things will not be on the mat such as glasses etc. She said I should have covered the entire table. If you are going to cover the whole table why not buy something cheap? They should have said that before they sold it to me...I told them if I knew their policies I would never have bought furniture from them...the extended warranty they sold my husband is not what they said either...you do NOT get your money back after 7 years. You get a credit towards more furniture and they do not contact you, you have to remember it yourself and have a very limited time in which to claim it. Not what was represented on the phone at all.

I have never been more disappointed in a store in my life. Macy's is such a big name I expected so much more. I now have a brand new damaged table I have to pay for. I wish I had put it on Mastercard I would be fighting the charge but I used a Macy's charge. I am absolutely sick. Just know if you purchase something from them and anything goes wrong they do not stand behind what they sell!! Buyer beware. By the way I have bought less expensive glass tables than this one before and they did not scratch. They say it is not a defect so I guess they just sell poor quality furniture, if not why would they not want to make a customer happy and take care of the problem. Remember when retailers used to say the customer is always right? That is not Macy's motto...BUYERS BEWARE!!!

• Dr
    dr_d Apr 25, 2012

Get over yourself you crazy consumer. lol. You're acting like you bought a new car and crying about your first scratch. Are you actually reading what you are writing. I just received a check for not using the worry-no-more, they would have put it on my card but I cancelled it long ago. I am not sure how long you waited for your refund for not using it, but it automatically came to me after my 7 years. Life's too short to cry about a scratch.

Resolved annoying calls

For the last two weeks Macy's has been calling my phone. The phone will ring once or twice and then hangs up, not even giving me the chance to answer. This is occurring every 2 - 2 1-2 hours from 9 AM CST till about 7 PM
I do not have an account with Macy's.
When I called to investigate the customer relations in India treat me as if I am interrupting their day and are abusive.
The calls need to stop.

Resolved late charge

Our CU sent an electronic payment on the 13th of February for a bill due by the 15th (Sunday) which was posted to my account on Monday the 16th. A charge of $25 was added to our fifty dollar bill for it was late.

Facts:
1 Macys states payments received by 5pm are posted that day.
2 The CU sends electronic payments in the early am.

I called the "customer service" and was told they would reverse the charge as soon as s/he talkked with their supervisor. The answer came back that they could only remove $10. I lost it, stating forget it I will pay the whole amount BUT close this account.

• Re
    Realistically Jul 04, 2013

I had a similar experience, the thing is. My account balance was 25.00 and they charged me 27.00 late fee. I explained that I had always been good at paying, but I lost my job and needed a few more days. What a shame, I paid the fine, closed my account and will not return to the store. I understand that one has to be responsible for their debt owed and always have been good until now and hopefully this is a temporary setback. But couldn't they prorate the late fee and at least look at the total amount to determine the fee. It seems to me they could help those who are hurting by changing one business rule when charging late fees. It appears that Macy's is not about putting the customer first, but in how they can maximize their gains and punish their loyal customers, What a shame!!! They could hire me and then I could help them build consumer confidence and eliminate the nonsense. ;0)

• Mr
    Mrs. Ed Jan 17, 2015

They did the same thing to me. The due date was a Sunday and my payment for the full $36 balance was posted on Monday and they charged a $35 late fee. They are refusing to credit back the fee and continue to charge me a late charge on the late charges. I am a long time account holder and even had my wedding registry with Macy's. I am closing my account and will not be shopping at Macy's again.

Resolved rude employ, bad business

I recently have had a very bad day at the Hilo Macy's dinnerware department.We had went there to look...

Resolved b oth macy's and visa must be cancelled together.

Today, I received a gold card instead of my usual platinum. When I called to ask about it, a person that I could hardly understand, told me I didn't spend enough. Okay, since I had too many cards anyway, I asked that he cancel my Macy's card but keep my Macy's visa card. He told me I had to cancel both. So I did. I have been a customer since it was Bamberger's in Newark, NJ. That is a very long time ago. I can't believe that he actually encouraged me to cancel both cards. I never heard of anyone telling me that I could not cancel one card without cancelling another. I am both disappointed and disgusted at the way I, a valuable customer, has been so flippantly treated. Most of my and my families purchases are made at Macy's King of Prussia. I don't know how I can any longer shop at your store.
It must be illegal to have someone tell you, you cannot cancel a card. It is also bad business practice to be thrown away after so many years of shopping at Macy's.
I await a response.
Janice Marinaccio
[protected]@comcast.net

• We
    weetie1 Mar 15, 2009

Though you receive two bills the Macy's store card and the VISA card are the same account. You cannot have the VISA card without the store card because the VISA card is an "add on" to store card.

Resolved fraud

Has this happened to you too???

A few days ago I received a shipment from macys.com that I didn’t order.in fact I have never ordered anything from macys.com. I was immediately concerned and checked my bank account to see if I had been charged for it. And I had, for a total of $274! I called my bank, explained what had happened and cancelled my debit card. I was advised that I should call macys.com to start a return-for-credit process with them. I was also told that I would need to file a “regulation e” at my local bank branch as soon as possible.

I next called macys.com. When I asked for an explanation as to how this could have happened I got the response that perhaps someone in the household could have placed the order without my knowledge. After I insisted that this was not the case, the service rep finally agreed to initiate a return-for-credit procedure but told me that I would also have to have my bank work with their fraud department in order to insure that I could get a full refund.

When I tried to initiate the reg e paperwork at my bank branch I was advised that unfortunately this situation did not qualify as fraud since I had received the products. But they did tell me that I would have additional recourse in 30 days if I couldn’t get cooperation from macys.com. Well, fine! In the meantime, macys has got my money and I am getting no help from my bank!!!

After ongoing communications with macys.com over the past several days i’ve learned a few things from a rather candid macys.com service rep. Evidently, what’s happening to me is not unheard of at macys.com. As a matter of fact, this rep had personally dealt with 5 identical cases in the past week and had heard of many more. She told me that the give-away on these fraudulent orders is erroneous customer email addresses and phone numbers. (Until I discovered this, all email confirmations of my communications with macys.com had been going to this “erroneous” email address). She also discovered that a false entry to my customer service record in their system had been made after I had begun communicating with them, an entry that claimed I was refusing to return the free gift that came in the shipment. Not only did I not make this communication but there was no free gift in the shipment.

This macys.com service rep went so far as to say that she had seen ups return-for-credit orders arbitrarily deleted from customer records and that therefore she would keep a close eye on my record until I got my money back. Unfortunately, the last time I tried to talk to her I was blocked by a supervisor and not allowed to communicate with her. She was just trying to help me and will now probably loose her job over it.

What is going on here??! Is this some new form of fraud that even the banks are not prepared to deal with? If so, who benefits?? The only one benefiting here as far as I can see is macys.com cause they’ve got my money. If a scam like this is done on a large enough scale I suppose it could finance a company’s payroll for a month.

Yah, I need this money back but I feel even worse for the elderly widow the rep told me about. She had received a shipment of men’s underwear, charged to her credit card of course. She, too, had never shopped online with macys before. Will she have the perseverance to get her money back?

If this is happening to you, all I can say is don’t give up and document everything. They should not be allowed to continue to get away with this!!

Resolved furniture and bedding

I have some information for those of you that are having issues with their furniture, mattress or rug purchase from Macy's or Bloomingdale's. There are several people that will give you what you want if you complain to the right person. First, start off with Arlie S., Jill K., or Kim T. They are directors for furniture and bedding customer service. If you get no relief from them, then call the furniture and bedding customer service phone number above and ask to speak to Tim Hellmann. He is the Vice-President of Furniture and Bedding Customer Service. If that doesn't help, call that same number and ask for Paul Wyatt, Senior Vice President for Retail Services; Mike Gatio, President of Macy's Credit and Customer Services; and Terry Lundgren, CEO of Macy's and Bloomingdale's. All of these people will do anything to keep your business. Also, when you call Macy's/Bloomingdale's Furniture and Bedding Customer Service, the customer service representative will ask you to verify your information. DO NOT DO THAT. IT IS A STALL TACTIC!!!

• Ni
    nisapayne Apr 20, 2009

YES! I can def vouch for Tim Hellmann/Kim T. I had a tear in my new leather couch, which I owned for 8 months and wrote into both of these people... this was corrected very quickly. I just received my new leather couch this past Saturday. I am very happy with the outcome and totally satisfied with the way this was handled. Thank you for posting their names and thank you to Macys for doing the right thing.

jasona0505 Mar 01, 2011

Why should I have to go through all of these people to get what I paid for???? I would rather just skip Macy's and take my business some place else where I don't have to talk to 8 different people.

saians123 Aug 09, 2012

Can anyone give me the email for Tim Hellmann?

• Br
    Brittany 2017 Jan 30, 2017

I have to disagree with this post! I spoke with a regular agent with the furniture and bedding department who followed up with me and got my issue corrected for me. I didn't take all the extra steps, just explained what was needed and got what I deserved.

• Pa
    patricklala22 May 15, 2018

Tim had called and left a message for me about my furniture delivery. He told me to call him back with the number and extension. When I called back I gave them the extension and who I was trying to reach. They said it was against policy to put me through to that extension. I do not understand why leave a message asking me to reach you there but then tell me I am not allowed to contact the person who just left me a message two minutes prior.

• De
    Debbie McClure Mar 24, 2019

I ordered and paid for a mattress, $922 (sale) on March 15, 2019. The salesperson told me it would be delivered March 21, I received an email confirming, I replied back asking if they could make it March 20 they responded with a “yes, we can do that”. I got a text message saying it would be delivered within the two hour window of 2:45-4:45. I had guests coming in from out of town! I had a full bed in my guest room and have been wanting to change out to a queen because most visitors are couples; I disassembled the full, took that ensemble to Good Will, moved my queen bed into the guest room and sat and waited for my mattress...at 5:00 I called Macy’s, it was extremely difficult to get to a human but when I did there was apology and an offer of a 10% discount on purchase price, I asked for 15% and got it. I was promised a call from the delivery people the next day; my guests arrived that night and slept comfortably in my bed while my husband and I were on the couches! The next day...no call. I worked from 9:00-2:00 when I got home my husband told me he had called to the store and was waiting for a manager call back (since about noon). I got in my car, went to the store, spoke to the manager who explained that the mattress never got on the truck, he was apologetic, explained there was nothing he could do and gave me four $25 gift certificates and promised he would call me personally after he spoke to the warehouse and knew where the problems were. In the meantime I got a call from the warehouse and they scheduled me for March 26!! I was angry, she promised she would try to move it up after talking to the warehouse. Next I get a call from her, she told me my mattress would be delivered the next day, March 23. I thanked her and found an email in my box confirming the move from March 26 to March 23 (three days later than the original CONFIRMATION)! March 23 I stay back from my Grandson’s baseball game to receive my new mattress. Guess what...I waited all day and again started calling customer service around 4:00 and was told there was nothing that could be done! Carlos at Macy’s customer service told me that the woman who had called me before did not fill out the paperwork to make what she had called and promised, to actually happen! He was so apologetic, offered me to talk to a supervisor, I was already late for an engagement so declined to take the time. He recommended I call in the next morning, ask the customer service rep to call the warehouse to make sure the mattress was on the truck, BECAUSE, he said they can only talk to the warehouse between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 eastern time. So, I got up at 5:00 a.m. to call them (hoping to get the mattress on the delivery truck for today-March 24. The offices were closed, I went back to bed and called at 8:00. They called the warehouse to find out it’s not on the truck and there is nothing they could do. I was told the warehouse would call me tomorrow to schedule my delivery. I asked to speak to the supervisor. Latrice told me there was nothing she could do. The person who had called me was not in on Sunday so she would have her call me tomorrow. I whined, expressed how inept this all has been, I told her “I don’t believe you can’t call this warehouse and tell them to get this mattress on a truck and bring it to me NOW” I suggested she have the warehouse call said woman at home. She very calmly kept telling me there was nothing she could do to get the goods to me today.
    I await the call tomorrow. I will never deal with this company again no matter how good the sale is! And, I wonder if I will ever see the mattress!

Resolved public humiliation

I was in Macy's in Queens Center Mall today 1/22/09 where I found out about cosmetics giveaway because of the lawsuit.I stand on line for 20 min. outside in the cold and when I got to the counter this lady Heidi with a red tag-manager yield at me to get out of the line because she said I was there too many times. I was stunned and I tried to explain that she must have me confused with somebody else because I just got to the counter for the first time. At this time she started to yell even louder that she saw me on line many times, embarrassing me in front of whole store. When I insisted on seeing her supervisor she told me it was impossible, she would not give me his name or a phone number. I found out his name is Paul(nobody knew his last name). Finally, after I got very upset and somebody else suggested that I go get a product and get out of there, Heidi shoved some box of cream at me and told me to never come back. I understand that she could be confused about seeing me earlier but it does not give her a right to treat me like dirt on the bottom of her shoes, especially that she has been incorrect about me being on line many times. I spoke with a lady at the executive office Susan B. Gubba-executive assistant who told me that she will speak with Heidi, but I doubt it will happen. there was supposed to be another manager who is Heidi's supervisor Heba Elmattany(I am not sure of that name because it was very difficult to get her name)but she is on vacation for the next two weeks. worst thing is that nobody of the staff was willing to help me.

• Ge
    georgiana_wilkins Jun 25, 2009

### got mad because that broad isn't getting paid for the free stuff, or got pissy because macy's got into that lawsuit. Too bad so sad, though.