Luna Carpetnot return deposit

M Review updated:

Luna came out to quote installation of hard wood flooring in my kitchen. Quoted $1900.00. When I said I wanted to get other quotes they dropped price to $1500.00.
When installers came they said I had to remove old floor first at extra $$$. I said no. They have stalled for weeks returning my deposit. First it was "in the mail" Now it is because the owner has not yet signed the check. I have a feeling Luna is going down the tubes. STAY AWAY FROM LUNA

• Cy
    Cyndi C May 02, 2021

Review for Luna/Empire Tile & Carpet
    I have read every review posted by the unsatisfied customers of this company. Believe me, I feel your pain! My husband and I recently called to set up an estimate for a small job in our home. A salesman from Empire arrived at our home and measured the area to be laminated and quoted our price. That was the last time we saw him. There was always an excuse, The corporate office didn’t sent the proper documents i.e. the Certificate of Insurance and a Hold Harmless letter. This was required by our homeowners association, our salesman had a medical emergency and so that was it. After the runaround we received from Empire, we decided to call Luna totally unaware that they were both(Empire and Luna) owned by 21st Century Flooring Co. What a nightmare! Never saw or heard from our Luna salesman once he got the order and took our deposit of $250. From that point on it was one telephone call after another with no satisfaction. The day they were to come, they never showed up. After several calls to the installation department they gave some lame excuse for not showing and promised to come the next day and she also stated she would put us down as the first install. Nope, they never showed up. Finally we received another call from the installation office and they gave yet another excuse about not being able to make it that day. I was done with them. I told them to cancel the order. The next day we received a call from the “Cancellation office” and were told we would not be receiving our full refund and they would be keeping 25% of the total sale and we would receive a credit of $37.50. Warning to any body thinking of using these scammers, when the salesman brings up the contract on his iPod and quickly takes you thru it by swiping from page to page. Heed the line that says “Expected work date”. I believe that is their Loophole allowing them to keep the majority of your deposit even though they are the ones that have breached the contract. The salesman should bring that to the buyers attention. It’s a 16 page contract, do they expect us to read it on the salesman's iPod?? They know from the getgo that you will most likely be, yet another dissatisfied customer. Luckily, unlike some of the reviewers, we didn’t have to suffer another day with these people. As a side note, don’t allow the people that work for this business use your bathroom. Just sayin.

• Lu
    LUNA a NONO Oct 21, 2009

I am in a similar situation - I was told my check would be deposited if we did not proceed with the order. We did not proceed, the check was deposited. I was first told the refund would be sent in 10-14 days after on the 17th day the are telling me two different lies. One that it was in the mail - next the process takes 30 days. The whole expereince with Luna has been lie upon lie.