Menu

reviews & complaints

Luna Flooring / 21st Century Flooring Complaints Summary

37 Resolved
25 Unresolved
Our verdict: With a good resolution rate, Luna Flooring / 21st Century Flooring generally handles customer issues well. However, it’s important to be proactive. Familiarize yourself with their processes and services. Reading through various customer experiences will provide valuable insights into how they handle complex issues.
File a complaint
Claimed
Luna Flooring / 21st Century Flooring has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Luna Flooring / 21st Century Flooring. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

Luna Flooring / 21st Century Flooring complaints 62

Sort by:

Newest Luna Flooring / 21st Century Flooring reviews & complaints

ComplaintsBoard
M
1:31 pm EDT

Luna Flooring / 21st Century Flooring not return deposit

Luna came out to quote installation of hard wood flooring in my kitchen. Quoted $1900.00. When I said I wanted to get other quotes they dropped price to $1500.00.
When installers came they said I had to remove old floor first at extra $$$. I said no. They have stalled for weeks returning my deposit. First it was "in the mail" Now it is because the owner has not yet signed the check. I have a feeling Luna is going down the tubes. STAY AWAY FROM LUNA

Read full review of Luna Flooring / 21st Century Flooring and 2 comments

Hide full review
2 comments
Cyndi C
Fox Lake, Illinois, US
May 02, 2021 7:53 pm EDT

Review for Luna/Empire Tile & Carpet
I have read every review posted by the unsatisfied customers of this company. Believe me, I feel your pain! My husband and I recently called to set up an estimate for a small job in our home. A salesman from Empire arrived at our home and measured the area to be laminated and quoted our price. That was the last time we saw him. There was always an excuse, The corporate office didn’t sent the proper documents i.e. the Certificate of Insurance and a Hold Harmless letter. This was required by our homeowners association, our salesman had a medical emergency and so that was it. After the runaround we received from Empire, we decided to call Luna totally unaware that they were both(Empire and Luna) owned by 21st Century Flooring Co. What a nightmare! Never saw or heard from our Luna salesman once he got the order and took our deposit of $250. From that point on it was one telephone call after another with no satisfaction. The day they were to come, they never showed up. After several calls to the installation department they gave some lame excuse for not showing and promised to come the next day and she also stated she would put us down as the first install. Nope, they never showed up. Finally we received another call from the installation office and they gave yet another excuse about not being able to make it that day. I was done with them. I told them to cancel the order. The next day we received a call from the “Cancellation office” and were told we would not be receiving our full refund and they would be keeping 25% of the total sale and we would receive a credit of $37.50. Warning to any body thinking of using these scammers, when the salesman brings up the contract on his iPod and quickly takes you thru it by swiping from page to page. Heed the line that says “Expected work date”. I believe that is their Loophole allowing them to keep the majority of your deposit even though they are the ones that have breached the contract. The salesman should bring that to the buyers attention. It’s a 16 page contract, do they expect us to read it on the salesman's iPod? They know from the getgo that you will most likely be, yet another dissatisfied customer. Luckily, unlike some of the reviewers, we didn’t have to suffer another day with these people. As a side note, don’t allow the people that work for this business use your bathroom. Just sayin.

L
L
LUNA a NONO
Crete, US
Oct 21, 2009 11:46 am EDT

I am in a similar situation - I was told my check would be deposited if we did not proceed with the order. We did not proceed, the check was deposited. I was first told the refund would be sent in 10-14 days after on the 17th day the are telling me two different lies. One that it was in the mail - next the process takes 30 days. The whole expereince with Luna has been lie upon lie.

ComplaintsBoard
V
1:58 pm EDT

Luna Flooring / 21st Century Flooring complete disatisfaction

Many Complaints -

- Luna advertises 1 Room Free but when quoting only quote complete $, won't share the savings or square footage cost.

- They had to reschedule original installation date.

- Installers did not vacuum after installation - leaving staples, tack strip pcs., etc. all over the new rug and surrounding area.

- Installers put some nasty gouges in our plaster walls.

- Installers left a 16' roll of padding and complete box of tack strips.

- 2 weeks after installation we found a few 1" long nails or screws between the padding and carpet and now await their return to fix this problem. We will NEVER BUY FROM LUNA AGAIN or recommend them.

Read full review of Luna Flooring / 21st Century Flooring and 6 comments

Hide full review
6 comments
P
P
Paul Beinlich
Jul 08, 2016 8:57 am EDT

Poor installation, hate this carpet...never ever would recommed Luna to my worst enemy!

Bill
Nov 12, 2010 1:10 pm EST

Salesman was very pushy and lied to us, telling us we couldn't put down the type of flooring we wanted.

The initial carpet install date was cancelled hours before install, after we had packed up entire house. We had to unpack and repack.

Installed carpet has puckered very visible seams. Worst of all, one room is carpeted in two different dye lots or colors. Now we are packing again to have a different company put down the kind of flooring we wanted initially. Luna was a disaster from beginning to end. Shockingly they still they want to charge me over $5000 for this nightmare including floors that their own inspectors and the installers all agree are unacceptable. Apparently they think they should be given a third try. The floor looks unbelievably cheap.

Boo to Luna
Nov 10, 2010 4:54 pm EST

Within 4 months of installation we noticed a seam splitting. Installer came out, said it wasn't a seam but defective carpet, it was pulling away from backing. Inspector came out said it is in fact a seam, the carpet was not defective and severe moisture damage broke the seal of the tape to hold the seam together. We have had no moisture damage - he suggested our dogs had an accident and showed us what faulty carpet sounds like by pulling the carpet off the backing 2 feet from the problem area. #1 I would know if my dogs had an accident, #2 how can carpet be defective 2 feet from a part, but they deny it having an issue at the seam? The project manager called and said our warranty was moot as the only thing in the report was moisture damage which is not covered by warranty. Nothing about the other findings. Come to find out 4 friends of ours had same problems. Hope this post saves someone a bunch of trouble. THEY ARE GARBAGE!

R
R
Rainz
Oct 12, 2010 6:00 pm EDT

I called Luna for a quote the other day. I scheduled an appt. Met the sales dude at the door, only to be told I had to sign right then and there, that its their policy to be the last person to give a quote while you shop, so they can beat the other guys. I said, why dont you offer the best rate available up front, and that I was not ready to commit. He proceeded to tell me how he works on commission, he cannot give me a written quote ( I thought the quote was very high) not their practice to do so. He then told me basically I wasted his time, that if I find Luna is the best price I have to start all over with a different salesman. I told him I wasnt ready, he said the website plainly states you should call luna last! I booted him out of my house.

Cindy P, Chicago
Naperville, US
Sep 23, 2010 3:23 pm EDT

I also lost my $200 deposit because the slime ball salesperson they sent to my home lied to me telling me he was a manager and giving me a "special" price that was ONLY AVAILABLE THAT DAY. Special enough that I called the next day to cancel, because I had a very bad gut feeling about the company, that they dropped the price immediately $900. I agreed to this price and kept my original installation date. I had a few questions previous to the installation date but the person that emailed me was on vacation (convenient) and no one would call me back. They called my house at 6:43 AM the scheduled day of my installation, woke me up, scared me to death thinking something had happened to someone in my family; I told them to saw off. Who does business this way? I will NEVER use this company again and I hope this helps save someone else the headache and hassle of dealing with this slimy company full of liars and incompetent people.

c jones
Nov 26, 2008 8:20 am EST

Luna sucks. They scheduled my installation 3 separate times and cancelled all 3. It was guaranteed for a specific date. Each time they called (by computer) and then the scheduled morning called and cancelled. There is a scam going on here that needs to be exposed. I will never order from Luna-don't make the same mistake I did-lost my deposit!

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Luna Flooring / 21st Century Flooring contacts