Menu
Home Building & Construction Lumber Liquidators deceptive sales practices

Lumber Liquidators review: deceptive sales practices

D
Author of the complaint
4:27 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The sales representative at the store indicated that they would accept returns on excess sale material as long as it was still in the box and in good shape. After I finished the project, which looks good, I returned an unopened box only to be told by the asst store manager that they do not accept returns on sale items, or laminate flooring at all. He acknowledged that the original sales representative had lied about the return policy, but he refused to offer anything but store credit, which will not do me any good because I will not do business with this dishonest company again.

3 comments
A

We bought the dream hose hickory flooring looked beautiful until we moved furniture on it and it popped up! When laying it the cheap cardboard locking system kept coming off in 2 inch pieces. Now when you walk on it horrible sounds as it goes back down. LL floor stated it was faulty install.We had a general contractor come over and re do kitchen with new boards and it popped. The jokes on them after being treated so badly my G contractor will not use nor will we with Our rental properties.We will tell everyone about this 2 friends saw it before we moved in furniture were going there and now they went with another company!

S
Jan 31, 2015 11:29 am EST

My wife picked out the hardwood floor she really liked, but had concerns about scratching. The salesman told her that a small dog would not hurt it, so $4000.00 later and one month later we have to look at our mistake every day.The store manager gave us a free bottle of scratch away which does nothing. FYI don't trust the sales people, I know I won't!

LL Response:

If the store agreed to accept the return at the time of purchase the complaint makes sense and we apologize if this was not honored. The store would advise you to keep one or two extra boxes for repairs as standard practice when making a flooring purchase. Contact Customer Care using the number on your invoice and we'll pay you to keep the box, or you can donate it to Habitat for Humanity. Keep in mind if all you have left is a single box, you should keep this box in the event you need to conduct a minor repair in the future - You'll be glad you kept the box! It may be difficult to match the material as product lines change, so my best advice would be to keep it as we recommend, otherwise call us and we'll make it right!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

80 complaints