Lufthansa German Airlines Logo

Lufthansa German Airlines

Having problems with Lufthansa German Airlines?

800 440 7031 (India)
1800 11 102 273 (Philippines)
+1 800 645 3880 (United States)
+44 151 237 3300 (United Kingdom)
+61 280 989 008 (Australia)
+64 99 661 061 (New Zealand)
+32 27 006 452 (Belgium)
+45 43 314 889 (Denmark)
+353 18 445 544 (Ireland)
+31 707 709 396 (Netherlands)
+351 707 782 782 (Portugal)
+41 227 614 522 (Switzerland)
+852 28 682 313 (Hong Kong)
+60 320 531 898 (Malaysia)
+65 66 228 401 (Singapore)
+27 21 415 374 (South Africa)
+82 234 831 049 (South Korea)
+66 20 566 868 (Thailand)
+54 115 032 0162 (Argentina)
Lufthansa Aviation Center, Airportring 21
Frankfurt am Main, New York
Germany - 60546
Postal Addresses

Europe
Customer Feedback, P.O. Box 710234, 60492 Frankfurt, Germany

Customer Feedback, P.O Box 425, East Meadow, N.Y. 11554

Asia (except for China) and Australia, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia and others
Customer Feedback, P.O. Box № 2882, Makati Central Post Office, 1268 Makati City, The Philippines

China
Customer Feedback, 8th Floor, Room 801-803, Henderson Metropolitan
№ 300 Nanjing East Road, Shanghai 200001, China

Other Countries
In all other countries please contact your nearest Lufthansa office

Complaints & Reviews

damage of baggage

EXPERIENCE FLYING WITH LUFTHANSA

I must share the experience of flying with World Renowned Lufthansa German Airline and moreover your Delhi Staff.

Firstly the experience started on day of flying 09 August 2009 wherein I reached Airport 4 hours before and requested Counter Staff and Station Manager Mr. Pervaiz Khan at Delhi Airport to give us Seat in front since I was with my Wife and an Infant Daughter but all in Vain. Inturn they had given us the LAST Seat ( Delhi - Frankfurt Sector). This was the Most Uncomfotable expereince flying with world renowned Lufthansa German Airlines.

Secondly I was flying from San Francisco - Frankfurt - Delhi route with my wife and Daughter and while arriving at Delhi Airport, we observed that our Brand New Suitcase which was purchased from USA 4 days back badly torned due to mishandling by ground staff during loading / unloading.

When we contacted the officials at the Delhi Airport, firstly they refused to entertain and despite of number of requests and waiting for 2 hours they issued us Damage Report and at the same time, informed that this report had no meaning and nothing could be done for the Damaged torned Suitcase.

Myself, my wife and my Infant Daughter of 2 year had to wait for 2 hours at the airport for the Damage Report Certificate which is a really disappointing and against the ethics of Carrier.

I had sent email to your Delhi office with attached Photographs, Scan Copy of Damage Report and Boarding Pass for which apology response was received and when called to Mr. Malik he straight forwardly refused even to discuss the matter.

I once gain request you to look into the matter for torned Suitcase which was purchased brand new from US.

Hoping for resolution from your office.

Regards

RAHUL KHANNA

• Na
    Naff Oct 13, 2010

Had a similar case with Lufthansa staff in Telaviv.
    They were trying to convince me that my 2 years old daughter should carry her 8 KG luggage on board. And yes, they us waiting for 3 hours, until the Big Boss arrived, he was very busy eating Duty Free chocolates with Lufthansa workers while at work, which both explains why he was Big and very Busy.

Since both children started crying after 3 hours of waiting for the Big man, we had no other choice then pay overweight for her luggage to only discover that her luggage was broken when we arrived!

This is how Lufthansa replied to our complaint (after 2 months!):

" Subject: RE: Your comment has been registered under FB-ID 21074260.
    Sent: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 09:36:22 +0200

was deleted without being read on Wed, 13 Oct 2010 11:00:37 +0200"

How sweet...

scam

A car was offered - picture and all with a great guarantee. Shipping would be handled by Lufthansa and payment would stay in escrow until we approved car. No product on other end - no shipment. TOTAL SCAM!!

• Me
    meggs912 Aug 31, 2009

This happened to me as well. Thought it was too good to be true so I contacted Lufthansa who told me they don't even ship within the U.S.

• Ly
    Lynn Williams Sep 15, 2009

My husband was ready to wire $2900 via Western Union for a jeep that was supposedly in colorado. Supposed seller was going to ship the jeep via Luftansa and he could check it out for 5 days and if he didn't like it, he could ship it back. Luckily, I googled the seller's address and there was a phone number. I called the poor guy who was in no way connected. He assured me it was a scam. I wish these crooks could be caught!!!

lost baggage

Travelled from Lubbock to Chennai. From Frankfurt to Chenna by Flt. LH158 and landed at MAA on 5th August, 09.
Ticket# [protected]: bAGGAGE TAG: aa252379 with two suitcases. Only one was retrieved at MAA. The other one was classified as Mishandled and Property Irregularity was reported at the MAA airport. The Representative of Lufthansa was reckless and unwillingly handled several passengers who reported non-arrival of their baggage. Neither an assurance to trace the lost baggage was given. On 6th Aug 09, a telephone call was received from Lufthansa Chennai office which said that the baggage could not be traced anywhere. Left with no clothes, no place to stay in the midnight, Lufthansa representatives did not show even a caring attitude. Now I am asked to run from pillar to post, I have to spend a lot of money to go to Airport, local office, buy clothes and it is a nightmare. Out of the two weeks holiday, I will have to run behind the Lufthansa for the next three days. Will Lufthansa help me get my baggage atleast now? Or give a proper reply so that I can cancel my travel and go back to the US immediately?

• Fa
    Farhad Mohsenian Dec 27, 2010

My Name is Farhad Mohsenian. I was on Lufthansa Flight 430 from Frankfurt to Chicago on December 25, 2010. My seat no. was 26D. I left a souvenir bag on the airplane. There were 3 boxes of chocolate and a Disney girl toy (smal toy handbag) in a souvenir plastic handbag which I purchased in Frankfurt's airport. Please contact me as soon as possible if found. My phone number is 262-993-0419. My email address is [email protected] My address is 5344 W. River Trail, Mequon, Wisconsin 53092, USA. Thank you so much for your assistance.

• Im
    Immaculeta Anyanwu May 24, 2011

My name is Immacelata Anyanwu, I was in flight from Frankfurt, Germany to Abuja, Nigeria, on May 3rd, 2011. I was in severe pain that one of the flight attendant offered to hang my coat for me so that I can stretch up my feet. She told me, she will hand it back to me when we landed in Abuja. When we landed at Abuja, I was immediately taking in wheelchair and my daughter who accompanied me to this trip did not remember to ask for the coat beacuse she was sitting away from me. I was in heavy pain medicine when we landed at Abuja, my duaghter and airport attendant collected our bags and fill for one missing luggage, she forgot to include the coat because she thought the coat was given back to me. When I came for the missing luggage, I tried filling for missing coat, I was told the Lufthansa office will not be opened untill 4:30 p.m. I could not wait beacuse my flight to Owerri, Imo state was 9:30 a.m. that morning, I was also told to go Port Harcourt or fill it when I return to Frankfurt. One week later, I went to Port harcourt to fill for the missing coat, again Lufthansa office was not open. On May 17th, I complained to several Lufthansa personnels at Frankfurt concerning my coat. I was told to go to lost and found department, when my daughter was taking me to lost & found, we were called back stating our flight will take off before we get to lost and found department. We were told to fill for the missing item when we landed in Houston, Tx. When we landed again, there was no time to go to lost and found department due to long immigration process. When we got to Baton Rouge, LA our final destination, I tried talking to continental airlane attendant about the item. I was told to follow it up with Lufthansa airlane. I have called several times with no sucess. The coat is a Kenneth Cole black double breast reaction wool coat. This coat has never been worn prior to this trip. Please contact me via email (imma[email protected]) or by phone (225) 270-3832

delayed baggage

Dear SirMadam,
I would like to complain about delayed baggage.
I traveled on 03.07.2009 : with flight LH3389operated by LUFTHANSA from ATHENS GR INT E VENIZELOSC to: MUNICH DE MUNICH INTERNATIONAL Departure: 03. July, 13:10 h Arrival: 03. July, 14:40
There an approx 50min delay both in Athens and Munich airports (air traffic in Munich) which almostcaused missing the connection Flight: LH3020operated by: LUFTHANSA from: MUNICH DE MUNICH INTERNATIONA to: STOCKHOLM SE ARLANDA Departure: 03. July, 15:15 h Arrival: 03. July, 17:25 h

I literarly had to run through customs to catch the connection flight. When I arrived at STOCKHOLM SE ARLANDA I was informed at the information desk that my suitcase would come with the next flight 2 hrs later (i.e by 19.25pm). By midnight, according to the reference number I was given, my suitcase had still not arrived and according tot he computer records it had not been tracked down.
The following morning I called the airline at the airport and they assured me that the suitcase was on that morning's flight (04.07.09) and that it would arrive at my hotel by midday.
I clearly explained to them that I had to go the a internation conference and present myself at the reception conference desk by 6.00pm latest and mentioned that I had no other clothes to wear... THEY ASSURED ME THAT MY SUITCASE WOULD ARRIVE AT THE HOTEL BW 1-4.00PM LATEST! Suitcase arrived after 7.00pm.
I could not miss the conference and so had to run to the first Dept store I found nearby the hotel (waited for the suitcaser to arrive till 5.00pm) and by a bussiness suit and appropriate shoes which all costed approx 2850, 00 kr (receipts can be provided).
I therefore want to COMPLAIN about the unacceptable delay in recieving my laggage and ask for reinburshment on my expences.
I am leaving Stockholm on Wednesday and so would like to know the procedure of getting my expences paid!
Looking forward to your reply
Dr Eunice Stefanou

dishonesty and bad service

For one month--having been a Senator Member for the past decade---I have been trying to book airline tickets using my Star Alliance (Lufthansa) airmiles, which are upwards towards a million. I have never been treated so badly by an airline. Despite there being availability on their website for the award flights I am trying to book. When I use the Miles and More miles redemption page of their website, I am not able to book the flights and I am told to call the Miles and More office. I have called eight times, faxed twice, emailed once and they have failed to book the ticket for me, after promising to do so. They have also several times not even responded to or returned my calls or faxes after expressly promising to do so.

I am on the verge of instructing the international body I direct not to use any Star Alliance carriers in the future for any of the hundreds of flights we book each year.

I have never seen so many dishonest representations and such disrespect for customers by any other airline in Europe. I am also raising this with the consumer protection mechanisms of the EU in the hope that it will cause action to be taken against Lufthansa because their management seems incapable of remedying their problem of bad service to frequent flyers that has been ongoing for years.

• Ko
    kokiee_72 Aug 24, 2010

This is the most horrible raciest company I have ever flew with before. Lost luggage for 8 days and when I ask about my luggage at frunkfurt after 8 days upon my trip return and still no information. I just walked downstairs to the lost and found warehouse and found my bags. What a major dissconnect computer upstairs and few steps down to inventory what is in the warehouse. I was also surrprised by how huge is the inventory of lost bags has aged there from older dates. me personally deceided never to fly lufthansa again even if it is free tickets because. I filed my claim and complain and 10 days now and now body contacted me. My advice for you is the same to find you better managed and more reliable airlines

• Ar
    aroragary Oct 17, 2010

They take your money as quick as they can then when they screw up, their is nothing they can do...what a suprise. Lufthansa employees verbaly abused me (Mr Dinesh Mathur @ Delhi international airport and they dont do anything. please do not fly Lufthansa, u will regret it.

Subject: RFL116499-501/ Arora 220 2190672251 & 252 & 244 Information from Lufthansa German Airlines Refund Department Canada / USA
    Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 17:09:46 +0200
    From: [email protected]
    .com

• Al
    Alselwi May 03, 2013

lufthansa are thieves they let me buy a ticket and at the same time they show you can change your ticket for €30 and when I am at Egypt I change my mind and I asked for a rebook they refuse to help me and at the same time I don't know how they change my ticket to non-changeable ticket and The customer services didn't care of there customers I recommend you to choose different flight otherwise you won't get any help from them or they will say to you something but at the end you won't get it.

margret1 Aug 28, 2014

The most dishonest airline I know is LUFTHANSA
    They are very bad to their customers, they lied to them,
    and if anyone would like to join me to complain to the press, have a big story to share about their dangerous bad service.

margret1 Aug 28, 2014

Also will get all bad press about them and contact all the press about them. They do not deserve better since they are getting our money and playing bad games with us!

• Mo
    Mohamed Abdulaziz May 30, 2017

I have been stolen by the cabin crew!!
    He found my bag open in the overhead compartment and i was sitting on window seat so I asked the guy to give me the bag.
    He hide my wallet inside the compartment and I didnt realize untill i took my connecting flight to barcelona.
    I filed a complaint but they simply said they don't cover any loss inside plane. They stole all my papers, visas in addition to 1200 euro!!!

bad service

i had heard lufthansa had a bad service but i actually experienced it.my flight my ws LH 751 kolkata frankfurt economy class. i)the flight was over booked and i was asked to delay my journey
ii)a guy in the check in counter had asked me few irrelevant questions regarding my journey.he has no right wt so ever to do so as i had already been allowed by the german embassy.
iii)there was no lufthansa staff 2 guide me all though i had precifically told them that it was my 1st flight and i would be needing some guidence.
iv)the food in the flight was horrible majority of the passanger could nt eat it.
v)the air hostessess were extremly rude with the passanger and it seemed they actually very polite with the nglish and the germans and not to the indians.
vi)i remember i had asked for water and i had actually been served with water after an hour or so.
it was my 1st experience with lufthansa and it ws horrible.i dny knw y do nt they improve their quality of fooding .y dnt they give which is more ediable be it in veg or non veg.
i sincerely hope that action would be taken regarding the bad service of this airline.

• Di
    dino1 May 15, 2011

I remember the times when flight attendants were pretty, food tasty, and airlines punctual. It was relatively expensive to fly, but it still is. Everything else has changed a lot.

As a very frequent flyer (over 100 flights per year) I have to say Lufthansa remains the leader, it doesn’t fail to disappoint, over and over again. Well, one could argue that at least they are consistent in their performance.

Almost every flight I had was delayed and I missed my connection a zillion times. I wasted hours and hours of my precious time waiting for a plane to finally depart or to get at the next available flight. A year ago (and I do not think I will ever forget this) I spent 14 hours on the Frankfurt airport (because of a delay I missed the connection flight). Why? Not because they did not have any flights in the meantime, but because Lufthansa did not want to book me a seat at a flight where only business class seats were available (I am talking about 1.5 hour flight, not London-New York business class). He didn’t even offer me a possibility to pay extra for the business class.

And when I finally get on a plane, I have no room for my legs (they squeezed rows so much that I can hardly fit), very often there is no place for my coat or a handbag in the upper compartment (as they allow people to get in with all kinds of ‘hand luggage’) I am served something that they call food, while flight attendants typically look like they are irritated that had to show up at work, and actually earn their salaries. Staff is often arrogant and rude.

And they couldn’t care less, because they know that our options are very limited!

And they made EUR 1.1 bn in proits last year...

• Lb
    L. Buchanan-Clarke Jan 08, 2012

My husband and I flew from London to Frankfurt on the 3rd January 2012 to catch our connecting flight to O.R. Tambo Airport in Johannesburg. Due to bad weather the flights were delayed and we missed our connecting flight in Frankfurt. The treatment we received was just awful. We were handed a small blanket and dismissed. We had to spend the whole night and the next day waiting on airport chairs. There was no concern for us and a helpful cleaner showed us where we could sit that night. The area with the reclining chairs has a smoking booth right next to it so you have the smell of smoke and worse a children's play area is next to these chairs. We decided to have a shower and the attendant at the showers was unhelpful and rude. The attitude of the staff at the Airport is shocking and we have decided never to fly with Lufthansa again. In spite of confirming that our luggage had been booked through we still did not receive it at the other end and had to wait for days for it to be delivered. All in all a very unsatisfactory experience.

money for nothing -> this can happen to you too

My flightrout was Cluj(ROU)-Munich(DE)-Split(HR) and I booked and payed my ticket in advance. When I arrived...

fraud and cheating

Miles and More is a total rip off there customer service center in California is staffed by nothing but...

an extortion & kidnapping racket masquerading as an airline

I am attaching a letter I sent to Lufthansa's chairman in Germany on December 29, 2008, that was copied to their New York consumer affairs office, seeking a refund of money extorted from me by Lufthansa's Shanghai ground staff. My letter was responded to three weeks later via a form letter that denied my claim without addressing the main issue, which is that Lufthansa deliberately entraps passengers via a policy of not informing passengers of extortionate excess baggage fees. A Google search under the heading "Consumer complaints about Lufthansa" yields roughly 25, 000 hits, underscoring that I am not alone in having been taken to the cleaners by this racket. What is amazing is that to date no law firm has organized a class action lawsuit against this airline. It would be a slam-dunk.

Wolfgang Mayrhuber
Chairman, Executive Board
Deutsche Lufthansa Aktiengesellschaft
Von-Gablenz-Strasse 2-6,
50679 Köln
Germany By Registered Mail

DEMAND LETTER

Dear Mr. Mayrhuber:

This letter is to demand immediate reimbursement from your company of $859.60 that was extorted from me by your Shanghai staff on 17 December 2008, in what amounted to a ransom payment to forestall an act of kidnapping and false imprisonment by your company.

Secondly, be advised that Lufthansa’s current business practices regarding levying ‘excess baggage’ charges merit immediate review by your legal counsel, as they evidently entail potential criminal and civil liability for your company’s officers and shareholders. The legal ramifications of Lufthansa’s policies, in a U.S. context alone, include the following: Racketeering (organized conspiracy to commit extortion), fraud, breach of contract, breach of implied contract (e.g., to apply baggage rules consistently), false imprisonment, kidnapping, invalid contract (duress), unjust enrichment, and negligence.

The details of my experience (see My Experience, below) are strongly indicative of a deliberate Lufthansa policy of cheating unwary customers – who are unwary by design. Accordingly, the contractual validity of many if not all air tickets being issued by Lufthansa worldwide is highly dubious.

Thirdly, I have been a loyal Lufthansa customer for eleven years, using your airline almost exclusively for travel back and forth from the USA to Europe, where I teach in executive MBA programs. Additionally, I am a stakeholder in a Prague-based travel company and have always recommended Lufthansa to our travel clients. I am shocked that, under your care, Lufthansa has resorted to some of the most unethical practices I have ever heard of in the airline industry.

My Experience Prague-Shanghai-Prague with Lufthansa

On 16 October 2008, in Prague, for the sum of $1161.36 charged to my US credit card, I purchased round-trip coach passage via Lufthansa from Prague to Shanghai. On 13 November 2008 I flew to Shanghai (through Frankfurt) with two pieces of check-in luggage, plus one backpack carry-on. The checked-in luggage contained heavy textbooks and readings to be used by me in teaching a business strategy course at a university in Shanghai.

On the evening of 17 December 2008, while checking in two pieces of luggage (minus the textbooks and materials that I had left at the university) I was told by Lufthansa ground staff that, in order to fly back to Europe, I must pay 600 euros for 20 kilograms of ‘excess baggage’. This sum equates to a 74% surcharge on my original ticket.

I asked the ground staff member, and her supervisor, to produce any document showing me that this demand was legal, and they could not. I was told that the class of ticket I held entitled me to 20 kilograms of carry-on luggage. I replied that this was news to me.

Lufthansa’s ground staff, specifically the check-in clerk and her supervisor, whose education and grasp of English seemed insufficient to discuss legal issues, told me it was irrelevant when I showed them my two luggage receipts for the Prague-Shanghai journey (Exhibits), and told them that ground staff in Prague had accepted my two pieces of checked luggage without comment.

I asked the ground staff supervisor what my options were, and was told that my only possibilities were that I could either pay or stay in Shanghai. I was told that the pending expiration of my visa was my problem, not Lufthansa’s, even though it would mean my violating Chinese law and being prevented from future travel to China. Similarly, Lufthansa’s ground staff declined to offer any assistance or advice regarding, for example, sending one of my bags via air freight or sea mail.
When I asked if I could take the smaller of the piece of checked luggage on board, along with my backpack, I was told that this was not possible because Lufthansa strictly enforces a ‘one carry-on’ rule.

When I asked to speak with the manager of Lufthansa in Shanghai, I was told that he was a European, did not work the night shift, and could not be contacted.
Lufthansa ground staff provided me a boarding pass only after I signed a charge against my credit card for 600 euros (see Exhibits). No other options were presented to me or suggested to me by Lufthansa ground staff.

While boarding the aircraft, I saw that, contrary to what Lufthansa ground staff had told me minutes earlier, approximately 70% of passengers in economy class were each taking on board two maximum-size pieces of carry-on luggage. These passengers typically had one bag with a metal frame including wheels and telescoping handle, and another large bag on top of that. The overhead storage bins were already filled, just two thirds into the boarding process; cabin crew were stacking carry-on pieces in front of the A-340’s stairway, and even putting carry-on pieces in spaces reserved for cabin crew. The passenger seated on my right, destined for Barcelona, had three maximum-size carry on items.
On 22 December I met with my highly experienced and reliable travel agent in Prague and, before relating the above experience, asked him two questions:
Has Lufthansa ever provided his travel agency in writing or in any other way communicated to him their list of charges for ‘excess baggage’? Answer: No.
If, hypothetically, I had been deemed to have had ‘excess baggage’ on my journey back from Shanghai, what, in his opinion, would the likely surcharge levied against me? Answer: $25

Conclusions

Lufthansa ground staff in Shanghai could have found other solutions than to charge me 600 euros, for example, by allowing me to repack my bags and substitute my smaller piece of luggage for my carry-on backpack, or by helping me send a bag to Europe by alternative means. Their training evidently forbids them from allowing passenger-victims to escape or reduce ridiculously punitive charges.

Lufthansa does not enforce baggage ‘rules’ in a consistent way. In this case, ground staff in Prague waived luggage that ground staff in Shanghai used as a pretext for extortion. And Lufthansa’s allegedly strict ‘one’ carry-on bag rule is not enforced at all.

Although, as I have subsequently researched, Lufthansa buries on a web site a obscure (and difficult to understand) PDF file listing your outrageously punitive ‘excess baggage’ fees, Lufthansa issues electronic tickets that contain no alerts to prospective customers that this PDF exists or should be referred to as part of the passenger’s contract. Nor does Lufthansa make any other attempt to make your baggage surcharge policies transparent, such as pre-departure emails to passengers, or clear notice in your inflight magazine. These omissions by Lufthansa evidently are clearly deliberate, to facilitate unjust enrichment at the expense of unwary customers. Finally, Lufthansa’s present excess baggage PDF is dated September 16, 2008 when fuel prices were extremely high, which makes it all the more indicative of unsavory intent that, while fuel prices have fallen steeply, Lufthansa makes no effort to alert customers of these charges. They are, in short, pure profit windfall and it would not surprise me if your ground staff in places like Shanghai are instructed to meet a daily quota of victims.

In closing, Mr. Mayrhuber, I would appreciate a refund check in the amount listed above at your soonest convenience, and also, if you can find your way to it, an apology commensurate with the inconvenience and distress caused me.

I also would like to recommend that you, as a leader, take steps to mitigate the liabilities that your firm is accumulating by condoning a racket that is eventually going to attract a huge class-action consumer lawsuit and embarrassing punitive sanctions by regulatory authorities. In a nutshell, greatly reduce the excess baggage fees or widely publicize them.

Yours very truly,

DP

Exhibits: Luggage receipts, 600 euro charge for 20 kilos, itinerary provided by travel agent

• Ni
    NicoRiesling Jul 27, 2009

Douglas,

I had the same probelm in Europe. I had a one day lay over from the US and when I have tried to get on my intra Europe flight I got charged 150 Euro for excess weight. I was so upset! They told me that the policy was clearly on the website. WHAT EVER. On the flight back I just took all my heavy weight on a carry on (books for example) and it was not a problem. I also wrote but they did not really care.

I will fly again with them but will try to avoid it if I have an alternative.

Nicolas

• Ba
    Baghino Nov 23, 2009

Dear Douglas,

I am too trying to send a letter to the chairman of Lufthansa, because their ground staff in Munich blocked me and my 2 sons to go back my own country . May I know if the chairman did reply to you? And did it work to write to him?

Blanche
    Italy

• El
    ElkeH Oct 20, 2010

Wow, sounds like what happened to us in Frankfurt on our way to Amman, my husband, daughter and I were forced to pay 1200 Euros for excess luggage, even though I had double checked the luggage policies before we left the US and were assured by two separate agents, that we would either be able to check 2 bags per person or at the most pay only $50 per extra bag. We called Lufthansa in the US when we were stuck at the Frankfurt Airport, where an agent told us that if we were wrongly informed before departure, we would be refunded our money, since ALL calls supposedly are monitored and recorded. Well, we were denied our claim and another call to customer service revealed that not all calls are monitored and recorded, but only random ones.
    Just one lie after another.
    Did you ever get a response from the chairman?
    If there is a class action law suit, I would love to be in on it! It's plain extortion - nothing else!

flight cancelled

I was travelling with my family from Kuwait to Prague, we bought ticket from Lufthansa, when we reached Frankfurt on 28/01/2009 the connection flight of lufthansa LH 3258 to prague at 08:15 am got cancelled and we were forced to wait at the airport. Lufthansa staff did not help us to board another flight or give reservation. Due to this I couldnt attend the conference which was held in Prague on 28th.

I would like to claim compensation for this unprofessional treatment and loss of registration fees for the conference.

Details of travellers are below

Priyanka Balakrishnan

+91-[protected]
Email Address:
praveen.[protected]@rediffmail.com
Company Address:
Transfer Centre, Frankfurt Airport.
Frankfurt
Country:
Incident
I have a passport no. E-9532024, issued by Government of India. I have been issued ETKT no. [protected] for my travel from New Delhi to Buenos Aires. I started my travel on 8th October, 2008 from Delhi with flight no. LH-761 to Frankfurt which started late by 20 minutes. I have to transit at Frankfurt Airport for Buenos Aires to flight no. LH 510. The LH 510 was to start at 1020 hrs on 8th October, but it started with long delay of approx. 2.30 hrs as just before its start, the emergency slides open. Thereafter, i was to start from Buenos Aires on 17th October 2008 at 2155 hrs with flight no. LH511. Again this flight started late about 3.00 hrs and took off at about 0100 hrs due to some technical fault. At the Buenos Aires Airport, the executive of Lufthansa, who was trying to convince the passengers regarding immediate redressal of the unknown technical fault in the aircraft. I made my two fold inquiry that my connecting flight from Frankfurt to Munich (LH 978, scheduled departure at 1720 hrs) and thereafter Munich to Delhi (LH 762 scheduled departure at 2020 hrs) will be available for me or not and in case i miss the connecting flight what will happen to my transit visa which shall expire on 18 oct, 2008 at midnight. i was told that you will be accommodated in some other flight and till such arrangement you will by our guest and the Lufthansa shall take necessary steps on its own to manage with extension of transit visa. On reaching Frankfurt at about 1915 hrs after flying approx 13 hrs, as expected i missed my connecting flight as many others passengers. At the transfer Centre at Frankfurt Airport, i was accommodated in flight no. LX 1071 (Frankfurt to Zurich on 19th October, 2008 at 1020 HRS) and connecting thereto LX 146 (Zurich to Delhi at 1240 hrs on 19th itself). The Transfer Centre decline my requests to provide me a hotel regarding my waiting in Frankfurt for more than 13 hrs, Provide me a safe and convenience place to wait, steps to extend my transit visa under such extraneous circumstances. I was provided a meal voucher for Euro 10 only, which highly insufficient for meals at least. On my inquiry regarding Voucher for Breakfast and claim of Compensation procedure due to delay and waiting for 13 hrs at the airport, i was asked to contact the transfer desk in the morning. I was made to keep on sitting on a chair for 13 hrs in cold climate. In the morning i was asked to wait till presence of the concerned lady staff who asked me come in morning. till 0915 hrs on 19th, she did not turned up. Thereafter i proceeded to check-in my flight LX 1071 at gate no. B-33. However, i reached delhi by 2350 hrs on 19th October, 2008.
Damage Resulting
I got delayed to reach at my destination by 17 hrs and due to habitual delays of Lufthansa. I could not over come my jet lag due to my travel from Buenos Aires to Delhi by 36 hrs including 13 hrs waiting, despite of my travel by 23 hrs if scheduled. i could not resume my work on 20th October. I felt my self harassed by Lufthansa. I got delayed to reach at my destination by 17 hrs and due to habitual delayers of Lufthansa. I could not over come my jet lag due to my travel from Buenos Aires to Delhi by 36 hrs including 13 hrs waiting, despite of my travel by 23 hrs if scheduled. i could not resume my work on 20th October. I felt my self harassed by Lufthansa by making tall and wrong claims. I was kept moving from one counter to another to get the information, cooperation and the compensation for the same. I was made to spend my money for meals and breakfast at the Airport, which is always costlier. I was made to remain in dirty conditions as no proper place was provided to me to rest myself and to use toilets conveniently. I could not rest during my 36 hrs journey excluding my time spent at Buenos Aires Airport for about 3 Hrs. I was cheated and harassed and as Such Lufthansa is liable to compensate me for at least 13 hrs waiting at Frankfurt Airport and appropriate meals during waiting.

counter to another to get the information, cooperation and the compensation for the same. I was made to spend my money for meals and breakfast at the Airport, which is always costlier. I was made to remain in dirty conditions as no proper place was provided to me to rest myself and to use toilets conveniently. I could not rest during my 36 hrs journey excluding my time spent at Buenos Aires Airport for about 3 Hrs. I was cheated and harassed and as Such Lufthansa is liable to compensate me for at least 13 hrs waiting at Frankfurt Airport and appropriate meals during waiting. t Lufthansa by making tall and wrong claims. I was kept moving from one counter to another to get the information, cooperation and the compensation for the same. I was made to spent my money for meals and breakfast at the Airport, which is always costlier. I was made to remain in dirty conditions as no proper place was provided to me to rest myself and to use toilets conveniently. I could not rest during my 36 hrs journey excluding my time spent at Buenos Aires Airport for about 3 Hrs. I was cheated and Harassed and as Such Lufthansa is liable to compensate me for at least 13 hrs waiting at Frankfurt Airport and appropriate meals during waiting.

• Ku
    kumar n daswani Jul 12, 2010

on arrival to india one of the bags was missing and only delivered after 4 days this is not correct and was not offered any compensation to buy basic necessitys and had to do un wanted shopping .

• Ha
    Hammed-Balogun Oct 08, 2014

Missing baggage since 6/8/2014 from Nigeria to Ireland with Reference no DUBLH30402/06AUG14/1055GMT.

customer service

I called reservations for Lufthansa and Wendy employee id. Whisky Tango told me that since I have a knee...

poor customer service

I am traveling with a 7-month baby, and Lufthansa cannot give me a bassinet seat. I am caught between Lufthansa and my travel agent - both blaming each other for the cancellation of my bassinet seat assignments after one leg was re-scheduled. Lufthansa says it notified my agent of the change in travel date, and travel agent vehemently denies it. Lufthansa cannot explain how my seat assignments got dropped for the leg that did not change. At this point, they don't seem very co-operative to addressing my concerns. Any ideas as to who I can complain so as to make Lufthansa notice.

pro Feb 18, 2009

DON'T EVER travelon LUFTHANSA and specially with BABY!

Lufthansa German shoddy predatory greedy Airline !!

Let them as they are planning to do ... dream to acquire other airlines and to destroy the competition: Air Austria, Air Italy, LOT, Swiss Air.

Fly LUFTHANSA!

LUFTHANSA CEO WOLFGANG MAYRHUBER Marketing Plan:
    Hire the cheap incompetent idiots as stewardeses and ###s as captains, for your money they will help you to be arrested jailed and fined, just for supporting and flying on shoddy LUFTHANSA Airlines in old tradition of SS!
    On February 10, 2009 the people of Poland were told and had the best proof how well the employees of LUFTHNSA are carring about passengers, when member of Polish parlament, candidate for polish Premier, Jan Maria Rokita on Lufthansa flight LH3336 first was assaulted by Lufthansa stewardess, than late after her racist behavior and fraudulent claim to aircraft captain, he and his wife were denied boarding and due to fraudulently claimed alleged “agressive behavior“ wrongfully arrested by evidently racist German police.

Lufthansa Airlines confirmed that on 10 of February, 2009, the passenger was escorted by the German authorities from the aircraft on flight LH3336 between Munich and Cracow.
    Unfortunatelly the idiots from Lufthansa did not know the gentelman whom they assaulted, was11.07.1992 - 26.10.1993 Chief of the Office of the Council of Ministers, the potential Prime Minister of Poland, Member of Parliment, and his wife Nelly Rokita, who is the adviser of Polish President Lech Kaczynski, but the polish citizens know very well his always set back and restrained behavior. In 2003, Jan Maria Rokita was awarded “Man of the Year“ title, which is a very prestigious award.

Lufthansa latest Marketing slogan:
    We hope that in spite of the irregularities you had a successful and pleasant trip and you will choose Lufthansa again in the near future.

MUC LO 396 Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lufthansa knowingly abandoned the passengers, failed to inform them of their rights, than refused to pay mandatory cancellation compensation.

The governing laws:

● Regulation (EC) No 261/2004, being valid from February 17, 2005, establishing common rules on compensation and assistance to passengers in the event of of cancellation of flights. In case of flight cancellations, the operating air carrier is not obliged to pay compensation in accordance with article 7 of Regulation (EC) No 261/2004, only if it can prove to the Luftfahrt-Bundesamt (LBA) that the cancellation is caused by extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken, and this definitively is not the case.

● European Court of Justice: case Wallentin-Hermann v Alitalia—Linee Aeree Italiane SpA (Case C-549/07), December, 22, 2008. The European Tribunal of Justice (EJC) on December 22, 2008, in Wallentin-Hermann case closed the loophole of always abused frivolous interpretations used by the airlines of “technical or extraordinary circumstances“, when further defined and limited the use of such defense. Finally the definition of “technical and / or extraordinary circumstances“ by the ECJ court now stands firm and solid. Any carrier must prove that the alleged mechanical problem leading to the cancellation was “beyond its actual control, ” the court affirmed in a statement.

Complaint:

In case of any flight cancellation for whatever reasons the airline(s) are required to provide passengers with:

• emergency flight booking, and an alternative transport to final destination, what was not at all done by either of the airlines.

Canceled was the segment (UA 901 / LH 9052) of my multiple segments flight, starting on December 27, 2008. The flight operator is United Airlines (UA 901) while the contractual booking carier is Lufthansa with flight number LH 9052.

My reservation was through Lufthansa airlines on Lufthansa flight LH9052, I am entitled to claim compensation from Lufthansa, the airline with which I have the contract, for breach of that contract.

The governing laws:

● European Court of Justice: case Wallentin-Hermann v. Alitalia—Linee Aeree Italiane SpA (Case C-549/07), December, 22, 2008. The European Tribunal of Justice (EJC) on December 22, 2008, in Wallentin-Hermann case closed the loophole of always abused frivolous interpretations used by the airlines of “technical or extraordinary circumstances“, when further defined and limited the use of such defense. Finally the definition of “technical and / or extraordinary circumstances“ by the ECJ court now stands firm and solid. Any carrier must prove that the alleged mechanical problem leading to the cancellation was “beyond its actual control, ” the court affirmed in a statement.

Flight Cancellation (Article 5): Cancellation is the non-operation of a scheduled flight on which at least one place was reserved. From this, claims for compensation and assistance under Articles 7, 8 and 9 of the a.m. EC Regulation will arise (see summary in the attached table). Under extraordinary circumstances, the operating air carrier is partially or totally exempt from the obligations under the a.m. EC Regulation. Examples: Political instability, meteorological conditions incompatible with the operation of the flight, security risks, unexpected flight safety shortcomings, strikes, etc.

Disclosure:

The operating air carrier is obliged to comprehensively inform the passengers of this EC

Regulation. For this purpose a notice at check-in is required and in addition a written

description of the rules for compensation and assistance in the case of denied boarding,

cancellation or a delay of more than two hours is to be handed over to each passenger

concerned. At the same time the passengers shall be informed in writing of the responsible

body for complaints.

Derogating or restrictive clauses in the contract of carriage cannot limit or preclude the

contents of the Regulation.

Policy enforcement: The Luftfahrt-Bundesamt (LBA) is the competent authority for the implementation of Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 in Germany. Under this task the LBA analyses on the basis of the complaints the individual air carriers’ policies and causes the air carriers to eliminate systematic infringements of the EC Regulation. If necessary, sanctions will be imposed consisting of fines. The aim is to ensure proper implementation of the consumer protection regulation according to EC law in Germany and to reduce the causes for passenger complaints.

Rights to compensation : Under the following conditions, compensation or assistance according to the EC Regulation (Article 3) may be claimed:

1. The passenger is departing from a German airport or the passenger is departing from an airport in a third country, the arrival airport is a German airport and the operating air carrier is an air carrier licensed under the Council Regulation (EEC) No 2407/92.

2. The passenger has a confirmed reservation and presents himself/herself for check-in at

the time indicated in advance or if no time has been specified, not later than 45 minutes before the published time of departure or the passenger has been transferred by the air carrier or the tour operator from a booked flight to another flight and presents himself/herself for check-in at the time indicated in advance or, if no time has been specified, not later than 45 minutes before the published time of departure.

Determination of compensability: In case of flight cancellations, the operating air carrier is not obliged to pay compensation in accordance with article 7 of Regulation (EC) No 261/2004, only if it can prove to the Luftfahrt-Bundesamt (LBA) that the cancellation is caused by extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken.

The reasons leading to the flight cancellation shall be given in the form of the statements as requested in this form and shall be verified by appropriate documentation. LBA will resolve upon the acceptance of the statements on the basis of the information and documentation provided.

Information about the kind of documentation that is to be provided as means of proof is given in the note boxes coloured in grey (see below) in each section. If more than one complaint refers to the same flight, it is sufficient to fill out the just once. In this case, however, the LBA reference No of the complaints concerned shall be stated in section 3.

This form is to be signed in section 8 by the person acc to article 63d lit. 4 of Luftverkehrs-Zulassungs-Ordnung (German Air Navigation Certification Order) being the competent person for clearing and accepting complaints in your company.

Changes concerning this person and/or in the contact addresses are to be declared in writing to LBA without delay. If your company has not yet provided this information, the person and/or the contact address are to be announced in writing to LBA without further delay.

If one is refused entry to flight because of overbooking or find that your flight has been cancelled, the airline must hand you a leaflet explaining your rights and describing how much money one is entitled to. The rates are: ● Flights of 1, 500 km or less: € 250 ● Flights between 1, 500 km and 3, 500 km: € 400 ● Flights of more than 3, 500 km: € 600

It is up to enforcement agency LBA to determine if airline is obliged to pay compensation, not by Lufthansa customer service office clerks (Fabian Herrmann and Janine Seidel) or United customer relationship.

Airlines liability insurance minimum coverage: The law requires mandatory insurance for each airline against liability as follow: In accordance with Article 6 of the Regulation (EC) No 785/2004 and §§ 45-47 Luftverkehrsgesetz (Air Navigation Act) the minimum liability insurance cover in respect of passengers, baggage and cargo shall be as follows:

● 4.150 special drawing rights per passenger for delayed carriage of passengers

● 1.000 special drawing rights per passenger for damage to baggage and delayed carriage of baggage ● 17 special drawing rights per kilogram for damage to cargoBoth, Lufthansa Airline or United Airline never handed to any of the passengers as required liflets and / or explaining customers rights.

Passengers rights enforcement:

The competency to deal with passengers complaint is with the national enforcement body where the flight - segment problem had its origin, and / or where the airline is domiciled.

Consequtly I have requested mandatory compensation from Lufthansa airline as the result of canceled one of the segments of my on round trip flight from Gdansk (GDN) Poland, to Honolulu (HNL), Hawaii, USA.

The European Court of Justice assured that the airlines must pay up, unless the technical fault was due to “exceptional circumstances“ exclusively defined by the court, such as an act of terrorism or deliberate sabotage.

Further the compensation may be refused only, if the technical problems stem from events which, by their nature or origin, are not inherent in the normal exercise of the activity of the air carrier, are beyond its actual control.

Both airlines in violation of Regulation (EC) No 261/2004, negligently abandoned the passengers. Both United Airlines as well as Lufthansa are jointly in contempt of the European Court of Justice. The final decision in Wallentin-Hermann case final verdict, was delivered in mid December of 2008.

The law requires that in situation like this airlines, not the passengers themselves, arranges reservation service as the replacement for cancelled flights, what was never offered or done. Both United Airlines as well Lufthansa not communicating with each other, are “Star Alliance“ members.

Over public announcement service we were informed to seek the hotel Steigenberger, and no one who is not familiar with the town could not locate them. We were only told where to go to the exit, nobody assisted us to find hotel shutlle bus-stop. We were running to and from seeking that bus stop. There was no any form of help to direct us in the right direction.

All Lufthansa did is to tell all passengers to call toll free number: 00 (1) (800) 538 2929, to United Airlines located “somewhere“ in all center in the United States.

Consequently as many passengers were calling at the same time it was impossible to get to United Airlines employees, the phone were busy, the waiting time was tremendous, mobile (cellular) telephone bill as the consequence are enormous.

If someone was lucky and get connected after several hours of trying, than United told Lufthansa passengers, that have no records of any passengers booked as Lufthansa passengers, and in my cast I am not listed on United Airlines Flight UA 901 passengers list, only due to incompetence of airline employees causing counterproductive tremendous stress, aggravation and tremendous general confusion.

My flight was more than 3, 500 km and as the boarding was denied, I am entitled to the regulatory damage of not less than € 600, plus any and all the expenses on any consequent flights.

In addition should any airline flying from EU airports responsible for the delay or cancelation of the flight anywhere in the world, passengers are entitled to claim 4, 150 SDR (Special Drawing Right), which at the currency exchange rate was about 4, 897.00 €, equivalent of about 6, 300.00 U$, (the exchange rates needs to be prorated to actual currency exchange rates on the day of occurrence, December 27, 2008).

Both airlines after the incident caused only by airlines negligence, ground support mechanics damaged the winglet of the aircraft, negligently abandoned all passengers.

Incident was clearly preventable, was caused only as the result of not following by airline(s) personel mandatory operating safety procedures on the airport ground, tarmac, by ground support crews. The parties are governed by the binding contract and whenever a passenger purchases a ticket, he does so for a comfortable journey.

Travel time: As the travel took from 05:00 am Friday, December 27, 2008 Polish time, (06:00 pm Friday, December 26, 2008, Honolulu time) with the arrival (landing) at 11:55 am, Sunday, December 29, Polish time (Sunday, December 28, 2008 10:55 pm Honolulu time), with consequently lost luggage which was delivered at the local address, which I have received later at 4:00 am Honolulu Time, all time being sleepless. My entire hardly earned vacation were ruined by flight delay. That is almost 58 sleepless hours in transit or travel.

Compensation entitlement: Regulation 5 (EC) No 261/2004, European Court of Justice in Luxembourg: Case Wallentin-Hermann v Alitalia—Linee Aeree Italiane SpA (Case C-549/07), December, 22, 2008.

Justice agreed that any technical issues during aircraft maintenance don’t constitute “extraordinary circumstances” that would allow airlines to avoid paying passengers compensation for canceled flights.

In its judgment, the Fourth Chamber of the Court of Justice held:

“Extraordinary circumstances” was not defined in the 2004 Regulation, but the phrase was to be interpreted narrowly since article 5(3) constituted a derogation from the principle, indicated in recitals 1 and 2 of the preamble, of protection of consumers, in as much as cancellation of flights caused serious inconvenience to passengers.

In addition to denied boarding on flight of more than 3, 500 km, compensation of not less than € 600, I am entitled also to claim flight cancelation 4, 150.0 SDR (Special Drawing Right), of about 4, 897.00 €. I am also entitled to any and all incurred travel expenses, and any legal fees I should encounter.

Airlines failed to provide mandatory accommodations after flight cancellation. No notifications, no refreshments (until 18:00 - 6:00pm with first and quite late meal), no flight reservation service.

Travel expenses (reconstructed or estimated): Phone calls expenses related to notifying other party (long distance and rooming fees) about flight delay (air time on 2 mobile phones): lump sum of 20, 00 €. Reimbursement for the lunch at Frankurt Airport of 25, 00 € . Air time on my mobile phone for calling for seveal hours from Frankfurt to toll free number in United States lump sum of 25, 00 €. Refreshments at Frankfurt 20, 00 €. Entertainment at Frankfurt, while forced to spend night at hotel 50, 00 €. Meals while waiting at the San Francisco airport (per diem), lump sum of 35, 00 €, refreshments 20, 00 €. Taxi in Honolulu lump sum of 25, 00 € (I missed the free transpportation from Airport to residence). Refreshments and dinner in Honolulu (per diem) 50, 00 €. Recuperation from jet lag after the travel (5 days) at per diem rate of 500, 00 € per day.

Total claimed lump sump casual and ordinary out of pocket travel expenses are: 2, 9035.00 €.

What was the air carrier’s reaction?

Lufthansa after classical stunt of denial of the compensability due to as alleged fraudulent claim “ unfortunate event was an unforeseeable, unexpected and exceptional accident“ and is now arogantly ignoring me, is NOT at all responding any more to any correspondance related to claim submitted via e-mail, or their website.

The communication with the airline is extremally difficult. Airline(s) has not informed passengers of their rights, neither has disclosed any proper procedures for submitting complaint, and such despite the demand were never disclosed to me, to properly communicate between the passengers and the carriers. Many passengers as foreign nationals were not proficient in german or english languages.

1. The flight was cancelled. Both United Airlines as well Lufthansa are Star Alliance members. Passengers were abandoned by both airlines.

2. All Lufthansa did was to provide passengers with the Toll Free number: 00 (1) (800) 538 2929, of course to United Airlines located somewhere in the United States. No efforts were undertaken to accommodate the (non English speaking passengers). Many foreign travelers couldn't also not speak German. Many were Germans, who are not obliged to speaking English in their home country!.

3. Over public announcement service we were informed to seek the hotel Steigenberger. There was no any form of help to direct us in the right direction.

4. Passengers booked on United Flight under Lufthansa were told by United that they are not on passengers list. I learnt about it after my call to United Number 001 (800) 538 2929. Only by jogging from Hotel to Airport, and between United and Lufthansa with substantial arguments the passengers were able to fight themselves for the reservations, on connecting flights.

5. The stress was building up as: Lufthansa persistently mislead all passengers claiming that it was United flight and reservations must be made with United Airlines by the passengers. United refused to accommodate Lufthansa passengers.

6. In case of cancelled flight the airline has the obligation to arrange the reservations for the passengers not the passengers themselves.

7. That is what the passengers are paying for to their travel agents. The Star Alliance members are required to settle their professional duties between themselves. Abandoning passengers in case like this raises to criminal negligence.

8. The Airline is responsible to accommodate the passengers in any way passengers may require, with no exception.

10. As it was impossible to connect with United as to many abandoned passengers were calling reservation office in the US.

11. Many people on that flight were even non English speaking people (Polish, German, French, Italians, Russians, etc.)

12. Shockingly passengers booked on this flight through exchange with Lufthansa, apparently according to United Airlines, were not on the list of the United Airlines.

13. No any form of assistance either by either Lufthansa or UNITED AIRLINES were ever offered to any passengers at Frankurt Airport. That is contrary to statments in the email. Passengers were abandoned, were forced to make their own travel arrangements, despite that they were not proficient in foreign to them language(s).

14. Considering that the damaged aircraft was Boeing 747 400 series, accommodating close to at whether they had made adequate arrangements for a substitute plane to be available. Typical seating capacity of Boeing 747- 400 series is 524 passengers. Instead of abandoning passengers after flight cancellation, carrier should immediately arrange for substitute plane through any available airline brokerage. Providing replacement booking for such a huge number of passengers on already booked flights was clearly mission impossible, arogant, unprofessional, ruthless and highly questionable regarding the airlines mission statement, its approach to passengers, and business. It well demonstrates how well the airline is organized and how really cares about its passengers.

Some passengers spent over 3 nervous days without the assistance of Lufthansa or United Airlines awaiting for the booking.

15. Neither of airlines have had a substitude stand by aircraft at any of the nearest European hubs.

Lufthansa deliberately and with malice misleads passengers, denies compensation in violation of the governing law(s) and in contempt of European Court of Justice rulling in Wallentin- Hermann v Alitalia—Linee Aeree Italiane SpA (Case C-549/07), dated December 22, 2008.

Citations from Lufthansa written response to the request for compensation: ( [email protected] ) *(for full e-mail replies by Lufthansa, please see attachments (3) on the end of this complaint.

“Our partner United has informed us about the details surrounding the cancellation of your flight UA 901 on 27 December from Frankfurt to San Francisco. During the ground operations a towing truck accidentally hit the wing of the airplane thus causing the winglet to break off. As this unfortunate event was an unforeseeable, unexpected and exceptional accident, the airline cannot be held liable in this case.“

“We are sorry that you are not satisfied with our response. However, concerning the opinion of Lufthansa the judgement of the European Court does not mean that airlines are liable for cancellations due to technical reasons which are beyond their control - as in this case. Therefore we kindly ask for your understanding that we cannot offer any additional compensation.“ _________________________________________________________________________________

“Please be advised that this will be our final response to you in regard to this case. If you have any other questions or concerns not related to the current claim, we would be glad to assist you.“

_________________________________________________________________________________ “Regarding the events surrounding the cancellation of flight UA 901 on 27 December we are unable to pay any further compensation. You are of course free to contact any aviation authority or law enforcement institution you wish to involve.“

Fabian Herrmann and Janine Seidel as the employees in charge, should be properly trained by the airline, knowledgeable about all mandatory legal requirements, helpful, and authorized to act in the best interest not only of carrier but first the passengers. Based on objective evidence and an intentional attempt to escape from liability, by any and all means, by writing targeted, predatory, purposly misleading counterproductive emails on behave of Lufthansa customer reations, resulted only in uncalled aggrevation, and substantial waste of time. Considering criminal behavior of those Lufthansa employees, who accepted on themselves to make the determination of compensability, while not authorised and qualified to do so, justify maximum sanctions of 25, 000 € to be imposed by this enforcement agency on Lufthansa.

All travel expanses are reconstructed, as it is impractical and impossible to keep exact accounting of petty cash, in many cases the receipts were lost or not provided.

Cost of living (COLA) in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, is higher than in any other states. For tourist daily cost of surviving (hotel, meals, refreshments and entertainment) in Hawaii (per diem) is not less than estimated 500, 00 to 600, 00 U$ per person.

It is up to the carrier (LUFTHANSA) to make me now an offer that I can't refuse.

Law and case references:

Consequences of flight cancellation and delay: Consequently after such extremely long travel (58 hors), I have been devastatingly exhausted and needed full week of time for after travel recovery from time change and jet lag, as due to nervous situation, I was unable to sleep either in the hotel and later on the airplane during the flight. I have been to tired to enjoy the New Year event in Honolulu, which we planned for several months before. Consequently I was than unable to travel as planed to Kuai, Maui, Molokai and Big Island of Hawaii, during my 3 weeks of vacation due to extreme exhaustion after such a long flight.

My vacation plans in Hawaii were substantially affected by the unplanned and uncalled change in flight schedule, as neither of the airlines have not timely provided a substitute plane from the nearest hub, what should be done with a minimum time delay. My vacation Plans as well as my companion arriving separately, were also totally ruined, as we were unable to enjoy either New Year, or other pre-planed trips, activities and / or business meetings.

Settlement: The amount of settlement to be paid is always subject to negotiations. I am requesting settlement as proposed below, saying so, under all special circumstances of this case, as explained above, I am submitting my non negotiable demands for compensation.

I am considering proposed below settlement terms as fair and just under any and all circumstances, in this case.

As my New Year vacation as the result of flight cancellation were totally ruined, in addition to compensation, and all out of pocket expenses as stated above, as a replacement for my totally ruined vacations, I am requesting fully paid round trip (for two) for the „4th of July“ in Hawaii, between June 27, 2009 to to July 19, 2009, with, with return booked for August 27, 2009, (subject to my approval). The trip should include at least 21 pre-paid nights (two bedrooms suite) in Waikoloa Hawaii resort on Big Island of Hawaii.

Hilton Waikoloa village in Hawaii web pages:

The settlement I am seeking is travel for two value about U$ 5, 000 21 days Hilton Waikoloa accommodation for 2 in a 2 bedroom suite, value about 25, 000 U$ and than 5, 000 Euro cancellation compensation in compliance with Infringement of Article 5 of Regulation (EC) No 261/2004.

Reimbursement for lost income during 25 days of those vacation in the amount of U$ 15, 000 (self employed).

Incorporated in the Federal Republic of Germany with limited liability.

Corporate Headquarters/Sitz der Gesellschaft: Deutsche Lufthansa Aktiengesellschaft, Köln

Registration/Registereintragung: Amtsgericht Köln HR B 2168.

Chairman of the Supervisory Board/ Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dipl.-Ing. Dr.-Ing. E.h. Juergen Weber

Executive Board/Vorstand: Wolfgang Mayrhuber (Chairman/Vorsitzender), Stephan Gemkow, Stefan Lauer

Thank you for your Email dated 19 January.

We are very sorry to learn about the irregularities and difficulties you experienced as a result of a flight cancellation on 27 December. For your inconvenience and your trouble we would like to apologise most sincerely to you.

As a matter of course we have already contacted our partner United Airlines and are currently researching the reasons for these unfortunate events. We kindly ask you for your patience during our handling process. We will contact you as soon as we have obtained more information.

Thank you for your patience during our handling process.
    We are sorry that you feel you have to write in English. Of course you can also write to us in your native language.

As a matter of course we and our partner still offer care and assistance to our passengers in such a situation. We very much regret that you felt that the service provided was not up to the standard you have come to expect from us. Due to the large numbers of guests who require assistance it is not always possible to honour personal requests as much as we would like to. We kindly ask for your understanding in this matter.

The ground staff in Frankfurt offered all involved passengers hotel accommodation. All major hotels operate shuttle buses from the airport that are free of charge for hotel guests. Therefore no transportation voucher was issued to you.

Since this unpleasant chain of events was caused by an accident and our partner United has fulfilled the EU regulation by offering accommodation to you, no further compensation can be paid in this instance.

We are glad that you could continue your journey the next day on LH 456 and we hope that in spite of the irregularities you had a successful and pleasant trip and you will choose Lufthansa again in the near future.

Thank you for your Email.

It is our hope that these events will not keep you from choosing Lufthansa again for your journeys.Yours sincerely,

Help all to FIGHT BACK those crooks:

E-mail Lufthansa CEO, and other employees, tell them what YOU think of that shoddy airlines:

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], holger.hä[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],

• Wo
    World traveler17 Aug 06, 2010

Ever since Lufthansa allied with United (the worse airline in the skies) they have dragged themselves down to United’s level.
    Yesterday I made a reservation from Los Angeles to Frankfurt, Germany the flight I would have liked was $1, 222.00 so I booked a later flight for $954.00. Today the flight I wanted is $954.00 so I called Lufthansa and ask if I could change to the earlier flight. They told me there would be a charge to make the change of $250.00 per ticket because it was just over 24 hours. I spoke to supervisor, Dave and he said there was nothing he could do because these rules are made with their alliance (United once again). The tickets are non refundable so I am stuck this time. However I have been flying Lufthansa every year that I have gone to Europe for at least the last ten years but this will be the last time I ever fly Lufthansa. I haven’t flown United for about 15 years since the last time they screwed me so it will be the same with Lufthansa.

customer service munich

I have always love flying with Lufthansa.
I appreciate the respect and treatment you give to us (the customers) in even difficult situations.
Anyway there are some odd situations that surprise me.
On Friday 17 October I had a bad and bitter experience with one of your staff, which left me very stressful and intimidated.
My flight was with Easy jet and arrived at MUC early.

I went on my volitions to customer service to make enquiry about a flight to Nigeria and the sort of mileage that will be awarded. After she gave me the information I thanked her.
Then, I remembered that my inward bound flight to MUC from LHR I was told that I have more than one air miles card number, and that I should sort it out.
Also that I mentioned to her I received a communication from Lufthansa that I needed 23000 miles to maintain my frequent flyer status. So I made further enquiry about the two issues.
My further enquiry resulted to a total negative attitude from your staff at Customer Services.
I gave her my card for the further enquiry and then she said the card has expired, but I have 149000 miles, and she said also, she has to order a new card for me. She made enquiry about my address and I told her, and she told the new card will be sent in two weeks.
She gave the card back to me.
One of her co-worker then asked me for the card, and said there is another system at the back office that will give her more information. Then she went for a long time not returning until I sent one her mate to get her. She now came back and went attend to another customer. I called out to her and requested my card.
She said the card has expired and she will not be returning the card back to me. Why? I asked.
She answered; she does not want me to use the lounge. I replied I have never used Lufhthansa Lounge I do not have the time. You can check if you like.
She said may be the card is not yours anyway. Then I was not happy with the statement she made. I asked what her to explain what she meant.
I demanded a complaint form. She said, she cannot give the
I asked for her name and her title. She declined as well.
I told her, you took the card from me when I do not have any other card to pick up my electronic tickets.
She said I can get my tickets without the card.
I said how? She said try and find out yourself.
I insisted that I need her name. By this time the Police have been called.
The two Policemen are just standing around, watching when to make their move. Their presence is already intimidating. My imagination ran wild for a moment. Dealing with policemen who does not speak English before the police could find an interpreter my weekend will be over.
Five minutes after the men inform arrived she decided to give me are name without a complaint form.
Her name is B.Gebert. She even snatched the pen from me when I asked her what is the B initial stand for.
This Event took place in TERMINAL2 OF Munich Airport (MUC) on Friday 19:45pm and 20:20pm
I am still without a card to pick up my booked tickets or book new tickets.
I will have to book new set of tickets from Mid November 2008 to Jan 2009 and Lufthansa Star Alliance might be missing out.
I am just an Ordinary British Black professional man. I enjoy flying with Star Alliance, also working in foreign country (Germany) and cannot speak German language.
Treatment like the above can only send out one message.
Regards with deepest regrets as a customer

• Ss
    sss Jan 03, 2009

call directly Lufthansa Miles and More number to request your new mam card - the number appears in Lufthansa.com, click in Help and contacts (it is in almost every page on the right side in the top) chose the country and the service (miles and more)

Only than Fly LUFTHANSA!

• Ne
    NewYork7 Jul 02, 2009

I believe that some of Lufthansa customer service representative (like in this particular case), she is a racist. Because of the passenger is an Ordinary British "Black" professional, that probably had something to do with how the Lufthansa customer service representative treat to the passenger that way which is obvious.

I feel sorry for the passenger who had to go through this ordeal.

lost baggage - poor customer service

I put in a claim for $2949 for baggage lost during a flight back in July. I have just received a check for...

bad service

I want to share my worst flight experience ever with you.for more then 10 years I travel world because of my job .On 19 th december we take Lufthansa 13.55 pm flight from Istanbul to Frankfurt�then connecting flight to New York at 17.00 pm.From beginning I was concerned about 1 hour transfer time (the flight schedule was arranged by local Lufthansa office)so I talked at least 2-3 times with local Lufthansa people about this but they were so convincing that there won`t be any problems.First shock was by learning on 19 th while waiting in istanbul that flight will be delayed for 40 min.Lufthansa flight was the only delayed flight on schedule table since morning.I called Lufthansa office in Turkey there was about half an hour to boarding time, they were not aware of any delay with the flight!Then we rushed to lounge to talk but nobody Lufthansa was there. Then booarding time announced Lufthansa attendants ll tell same story; we`ll compansate loss on air, Lufthansa people will help when we`ll arrive, if necessary plane to plane transport will be made to reach us etc.We departured with more then 1 hour delay.Arrival time was announced as 16.50 but still I was hopefull that Lufthansa will transfer us or find a solution which we were continiously advised by your staff.Just before landing they begin to announce door numbers etc. but despite fact that there were more than 25-30 people to New York nothing announced.After landing only Amsterdam passengers were transferred to their plane directly.I had great diffuculty in understanding why while they can wait us in Istanbul for more then 1 hour as we came on time why we`re not transferred to plane and wait plane for half an hour latest.but I found answer next morning before our flight, we were being offered extra 600-700 euros to wait for next plane because there were 4 people overbooked, so it was not logical to wait plane while they were people on wait list ready to pay 3-4 times of our fees and to keep people by paying only 100 euros per night�who cares, sweet money!We were shocked and depressed and furious, when we get on bus we quickly learned we were not alone there were many others effected.we get off bus and was at least waiting some ground people to take care(there are at least 25-30 people effected in different flights)but no one was there and we were left to own destiny.then we go to ticketing desk by asking people.at leat we were waiting some understandindg and good treatment to ease our pain.But Lufthansa people were acting like this was very normal and as we made a mistake and being punished for that.there was no flight till next morning 10.00 am and big shock came as we don`t have German visa(normally you don`t need for flying to US )we had to spend 16 hours at airport!!!we were granted 35 eur per person with great generousity!!!I asked at least to ease our pain can`t they let us to use Lufthansa lounge answer was no.I can`t explain how terrible to spend 16 long and never ending hours at an airport like a prisoner and even without a bed to slip and sleeping at hard chairs of airport.Ticketing people at Lufthansa first told us to come later to take pillows and blankets but then told they run out. It was most terrible night and experience we lived ever and will never forget.The point dissapointing and frustrating me is not the delay or not catching the plane but attitude of Lufthansa against us and not treating us well.Firstly I strongly believe there was still chance for plane transfer as we arrived before departure of plane.But biggest dissapointment is why it was so diffucult to attain a ground personnel to take care of this people and showing you care.we`ll form a group at facebook with all people effected, then we`ll prepare a declaration and share with internet paltforms and newspapers, also we`ll check our rights legally because you have no right to treat us in such bad way, make us spent 16 terrible hours at airport without an excuse and ruin our holiday.

poor customer service

Dear Sir or Madam,

Circumstances have prevented me from writing earlier regarding the events of last weekend, the 16th & 17th August 2008, at Houston Airport.

My wife & I were booked on the 15.25 Lufthansa flight LH441 from Houston to Frankfurt. As I recall, we were ushered on board with no significant delay. But then, having taxied out to the runway, the aircraft was returned to the terminal with a technical fault. Apparently, the brakes were not functioning correctly. Although we were disappointed not to be able to take off, we appreciated the captain’s concerns, and were at first content to wait patiently for a solution to the problem.

I should now point out that my wife and I had had a late breakfast, and no lunch, expecting to eat shortly after take-off. However, we now had to wait in the plane for some four hours, with very sparse information from the captain. During this time, we were given a packet of Pretzels, a glass of water, and a glass of cola. Eventually, we saw that the luggage was being removed from the hold, and some time after that, we were instructed to leave the plane, collect our luggage again, and present ourselves at the Lufthansa desk in the terminal.

For some reason, it took over an hour for any luggage to appear on the carrousel, and as luck would have it, my wife’s and my luggage appeared at the very end. And so, already weary, we made our way to the end of a long line, stretching some way around the terminal to the Lufthansa desk. By now it was approximately 9pm, and everyone’s nerves were becoming frayed. The occasional Lufthansa staff member was seen marching purposefully up and down the line, but no more information was forthcoming. Now rumours started to circulate regarding our fate. We understood from others in the line, that we would be given a room for the night, and would have to return the next day.

Sure enough, about 10.40pm, we arrived at the counter, where we were offered profuse apologies for the delay. Here, for the first time, we were able to vent our feelings, saying that to begin with, there had been sparse information, and secondly, we were now extremely tired and hungry, and had had nothing to eat or drink since we left the plane. The lady explained that the kitchen was ‘unfortunately closed’. Why then, were we not given a meal on the plane? Apparently, ‘for safety reasons’!

Nevertheless, the plane was scheduled to leave at 11.30am the next day. We were offered a hotel room for the night, given a dinner and breakfast voucher, and told to call in at 8am to check that the 11.30 take-off was still anticipated. We were now to go to Terminal E, where we would be picked up by a courtesy bus. Another twenty minute wait followed, before the promised bus arrived. Apparently, the driver had been waiting at Terminal D! The driver from the Days Hotel must be congratulated for lifting everyone’s spirits, and we duly arrived at the hotel, where we had the first meal since breakfast, at 11.45pm. We retired to bed at 1am.

Having risen at 7am on the Sunday, we called Lufthansa at 8, and were told that the plane was indeed leaving at 11.30. We should be back at the airport by around 9.30. In fact, we had another wait for the courtesy bus, and were at the airport by about 10am, to find a similar mass of humanity to the one we had left the day before. The departure time of 11.30 came and went without any information from Lufthansa. We now stood in the queue until around 17.30. During this time, one lady, who I believe was one of the airport staff, and not Lufthansa, listened patiently to everyone’s complaint, but said she could do nothing, and was unsure as to what was happening.
Virtually everyone took it upon themselves to extricate themselves from the dilemma, and find alternative routes to their destination; several disappeared towards the Emirates desk. Meanwhile, while other long-suffering passengers guarded our luggage, we enquired of British Airways if there were seats available to Germany via London. Yes, there were seats, but we needed permission from Lufthansa before we could fly with BA. There was no alternative to waiting our turn at the Lufthansa desk.

When, at last we reached the Lufthansa desk, we were amazed at the seeming lack of concern of some of the staff. Apparently, the plane was now scheduled to leave at 11pm, entailing another five hour wait. When we complained that we would rather leave on the BA flight at 8pm, we were told there were no seats available on that flight! After remonstrating for a while, that we had just spoken to the BA staff regarding seat availability, a senior Lufthansa staff member had a whispered word with our informant, and two BA seats were suddenly available to us.So ended our sojourn at Houston Airport.

To summarize our complaint, it would seem Lufthansa staff are in many cases poorly trained to cope with those cases where a large number of people are delayed for several hours. To begin with, passengers need regular updates on the situation. Even where there is no news, passengers need to know. Secondly, a system must be in place whereby passengers are given regular refreshments. Perhaps they could also be given queue numbers so that they can be allowed to sit elsewhere, and be called when needed. The staff must be prepared to listen patiently and show concern when the passengers become agitated. The staff should not be confrontational.

Lastly, I had intended to bring to your attention two concerns on our flight from Germany. Because there was one entertainment system available for all passengers, we were required to watch three films, the first of which was for children only, and the last too violent, in my opinion, for children, or, indeed, for me! Secondly, because the food, consisting of either of two dishes, was always served from the front, those of us at the back had no choice when the food arrived. We did mention this point to the attendant, but were offered a rather confusing and unsatisfactory explanation!

In all, we were totally dissatisfied with Lufthansa’s service. We had expected far better from such a prestigious airline. I only hope that you might learn from our experiences, and that the above will serve to improve matters in the future.

Yours faithfully,

Malcolm Phillips

Janice Winzinger Oct 16, 2008

Well, well...I agree wholeheartedly, since my husband and I also were to take flight 441 to Frankfurt October 15. We drove four and a half hours to get to IAH Houston. Weather delayed the plane's arrival; we were boarded about 4 PM. The captain eventually announced an apparent indicator malfunction for the flaps. Juice and water were served.

My husband saw a pickup truck (!) and later a Lufthansa service vehicle take mechanics and tools to the plane wing, where they worked...and worked... Flight attendants were friendly but knew little. One told some passengers the malfunction had been noticed as the plane landed, after circling due to bad weather.

After around 2 1/2 hours on board, we were deplaned to wait at the gate. The mechanical problem was never solved. Finally Lufthansa staff announced the flight was cancelled, by which time we had waited with no meal for 3 1/2 or 4 hours. I was first told the cancellation was due to the bad weather! I said that was impossible; everyone had heard the captain say there was a technical problem and we had seen the mechanics at work. We were also told Lufthansa could not give hotel or meal vouchers. There was such an angry protest that a supervisor, "Tanya" (maybe Tania?) came to the gate. Next we were told passengers could call reservations and book a flight the next day--however, no hotel rooms could be found in the city; staff said they had called several. Tanya announced she personally would guarantee anyone able to find an available hotel room that the cost would be reimbursed if the original receipts were sent in. She also agreed the airline would reimburse the cost of dinner. I was given a Houston address on North Terminal Road when I insisted on an address to which I could submit our hotel receipt. Today a phone number I found online for this address was not a working number.

It took over an hour to recover our two checked suitcases. We discovered today (October 16) that some items inside were damp, undoubtedly due to the slow unloading after the flight was cancelled.

The storm, which had alternately intensified and abated during this whole time, had flooded area streets. Our parking lot shuttle was over an hour late and we still had no hotel room. We finally decided to drive back toward home and try to find a hotel along the way. Other commitments made it impossible to try to book a flight the next day. When my husband called reservations, he was told there were no seats available for the next two days, anyway.

We tried stopping at two or three motels in the Houston area as we left the city, but they were full. We were told all hotels were filled with Hurricane Ike refugees and FEMA personnel in town. Along I-10, we tried calling ahead for hotels, but they were also full. Exhausted and hungry, since we felt we could not stop for dinner so late at night if we wanted to locate a hotel room, we at last found a vacancy outside of San Antonio at 3 AM.

Today I have sent an e-mail complaint to Lufthansa and a request for a correct address in order to send in our hotel receipt. A call to Lufthansa's 800 number resulted in no more than the mailing address in East Meadow, New York for Customer Service, which we were already given at the airport. Who knows if this address is the right place to send the receipt?

Thanks to Malcolm, we're beginning to believe Lufthansa has become lax in its aircraft maintenance. We are equally convinced they will do everything possible to delay admitting responsibility for a cancelled flight. After all, taking care of passengers in that case affects their bottom line. I don't want to fly Lufthansa again.

worst service ever

Writing out this complaint reminds me agony of travel with LUFTHANSA. On 8th of July 2008, when I was returning from Manchester to Delhi, i had my first flight from Manchester to Frankfurt and then connecting flight from Frankfurt to New Delhi. I had excess luggage of around 10-12 kg. I was initially badly treated and the officers out there made me feel so low by making me repeatedly realise that I have bought a "cheap" ticket. When I had thrown away my luggage and proceeded the lady at the counter marked on my boarding pass 1 baggage, even though I had two with me. I had not realised this at that moment. when i finally proceeded for check in people at the gate stopped me as I had two baggage with me and they started shouting at me and asked me to pay 100 pounds. Since I was not carrying enough cash so I requested if I could dispense away more of my luggage. They refused to budge and ordered that my luggage in the flight should be taken out. In spite of my request that this will lead me miss my connected flight, they showed no sign of humanity and I actually saw my flight leaving before my eyes with me having no money to book another flight. The agony did not end there. Instead of helping me officers were taking out the pieces from my bag which also had few chappatis and were making fun of me. If not any one else I know for sure that God will teach them lesson. Finally when they booked me for another flight they made sure that I do not carry anything more than 20 kgs and in this they shamefully included the weight of currency as well. PEOPLE IN LUFTHANSA ARE NOT HUMANS, AND AS A CALL FOR HUMANITY LET HUMANS ASSOCIATE WITH HUMANS ONLY.

• Gr
    Graciela Feb 02, 2009

I was surprised when I read this comment because I have suffered a similar situation in the airport of Manchester with Lufthansa on 13th of December of 2008.

I had bought a return ticket from Bilbao-Frankfurt-Manchester and I didn't have any problem in the Airport of Bilbao (Spain). When I was going to return to my country, I had excess of luggage and they didn't let me board. I was able to pay, but they didn't even let me do it!! Even more, if I had taken part of my luggage to the hand-bag and I had checked two bags instead of one, surely I wouldn't have had any problem (the limit was 42 Kg. and I had 30 Kg.) because the rules had changed in this point in December, not in October, when I flew for first time. But I didn't know it and they didn't inform to me despite my requests asking for a solution. It was horrible. They didn't give me a solution and I saw my plane taking off... Incidentally, my ticket was expensive: about 300 Euros.

After, a girl from Luftahsa whose name was Ingrid called me from the Airport of Liverpool and she promised me that she was going to call me again after checking what had happened. But she didn't. I didn't expect that she was going to do it anyway.

Three days later, on Monday, I could fly with EasyJet from Liverpool to Barcelona and I didn't have any problem with my luggage.

It's the first and the last time that I fly with Lufthansa. There is no worse way to fly.

Fly LUFTHANSA!

Help all to FIGHT BACK those crooks:

no complaint but happily surprised - do not know where to send this to

My mother, Gertrud Röhner, booking code 2NXZTQ and myself, Gisela Leroy, booking codeZCGYI5 were on flight LH4537 from Lisbonne to Frankfurt/Main on 24th June 2008. I think that not ONLY complaints should be made but outstanding behaviour and help should also be mentioned. Unfortunately, I could not find anything, where to send this to on the Lufthansa Internet site. Service on this flight was excellent, may be due to the fact that the plane was not very much occupied but nevertheless, the crew was more friendly and helpful to my mother who has difficulties walking than what we normally are used to (I have to mention that we fly this route frequently). Extra thanks should be extended to Messrs. Jens Heerlein and Nirupan Maheswaran who helped my mother on our arrival (she does need a wheelchair) to an unexpected extend. Just a pity that this cannot be forwarded directly to Lufthansa because they should award outstanding behaviour.

Thank you for helping to bring this matter to the relevant place.

Gisela Leroy

• Ca
    CAROLE FITZSIMONS Jul 21, 2008

I cannot find a place on your web site for this but I feel I must express my pleasure when I travelled to Cairo from Bristol and return on 10/7/08 and 19/7/08 . I foun your staff extremely helpful and pleasant. The aircraft was comfortable and good leg room for an economy flight. I found the meals very good for airplane meals and the whole experience a pleasure. Frankfurt airport looked very organised.
    Carole Fitzsimons.
    My flight nos were LH4963 10/7/08
    LH 584 10/7/08
    LH583 19/7/08
    LH4964 19/7/08

• Ki
    kiran Oct 23, 2008

I have forgot my Camera bag containing 3 Digital cameras in the airplane I have boarded from USA to Frank furth on 17th Aug 2008 ( frank furth date) while gettingdown the plane. just with in 10 minutes of comming out i have recognised that i forgot my baggage and went back with lotsof hope to see that the doors of the plane were closed.
    Immediately i have registered my complaint and now - i have lost them forever.
    The mentality of Lufthansa officials is very cruel in thsi customer support aspect.
    and the TRUST Worthyness of them is very very poor.
    I know that the bag is there on my seat as i am the last passenger to get down the plane and still the officers could not help me get back my bag though I was there in Frankfurth for next 5 hours waiting to boarda connecting flight to Hyderabad.

Look aat the story below.

>Dear Mr.Kiran,
    >Please find below the email from frankfurt lost and found department colleagues. We regret that my colleagues in frankfurt checked for the same. But, they advised that they didnot find any such baggage .
    >Thanks and regards
    >sapna
    =======================================================================
    >Subject: AW: RE: RE: lost baggage-complaint
    >Dear Sapna,
    >sorry but no such bag found with LH.
    >Best regards
    >Gaby Zieres

============================================================================
    RE: lost baggage-complaint
    >Dear Coll,
    >Please find below more details about the case .
    >thanks and regards
    > sapna
    =======================================================================
    >To: THAKUR, SAPNA
    >Subject: Re: RE: RE: lost baggage-complaint

>Sapna,
    >I am really in a very pathatic situation.
    >I know that I have forgotten my bag in the seat.
    >I went back after ten minutes to the plane to found the doors were closed.
    >I gave my complaint to the Lufthansa ticketing agent in the lobby and she has registered my compalaint at the Lost & found there.
    >Definetly the plane would be cleaned before it flies back the same day.
    >atlease one day later the status of the bag would have been known at lost and found counter there.
    >Now after three days of my travel still i am unable to listen that it was seen or found ( atleast)
    >It may take little more time to reach me, but i should atleast hear that it has been seen/found from you people.
    >I never think that the employees are not "TRUST Worthy" I feel they are.
    >Please let me know atleast the status ASAP.
    >Regards,
    >kiran
    >On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 [email protected] wrote :
    > >Dear Mr.Kiran,
    > >
    > >we are still tracing for the baggage once we get any information about
    > >the baggage i will keep you updated .
    > >Thanks and regards
    > >sapna

=====================================================================
    > >To: THAKUR, SAPNA
    > >Subject: Re: RE: lost baggage-complaint
    ==============================================================
    > >Sapna,
    > >
    > >I am Anxious to see your mail about any information related to my bag.
    > >
    > >Please let em know the status.
    > >Regards,
    > >kiran
    > ================================================================
    > > >Dear Mr.Kiran,
    > > >Thanks for your email. As you have given us the details about the
    > > >baggage which you have left behind on LH443 detriot - frankfurt flight
    > > >we will try to trace the baggage at the earliest and will revert back
    > >to
    > > >you . Please i also would like to inform you that Lufthansa will not be
    > > >liable for any missing items from the baggage. Any further queries
    > > >please call us on below number .
    > > >Thanks and regards
    > > >Subject: lost baggage-complaint
    ================================================
    > > >Dear sapna,
    > > >
    > > >i have lost a baggage during my flight from detroit to frankfurt dated
    > > >16th aug 2008, flight number is lh 443.
    > > >
    > > >the details of the complaint are attached here with in a word document.
    > > >
    > > >request you please expidite the issue at the earliest.
    > > >
    > > >all relavent details are given in the attachment.
    > > >regards,
    > > >kiran
    > > >9849554877.

customer dis-service

I am awaiting a response on a request for refund which was sent on the 5 March 2008. I am attaching a letter I sent to them today.

Dear Mr Mayrhuber

I would like for you to consider the following and let me know if you believe that this is good business practice and furthermore to follow up on my complaint and refund.

I flew from South Africa to Portugal via Frankfurt using Lufthansa. As I am sure the flight was not the best, but this is not what this e-mail is about. I was not going to utilise the return ticket and contacted my travel agent for a refund. The travel agent contacted Lufthansa in Porto, Portugal and was informed that I was to contact you directly.

Now the fun begins. The return flight was booked for the 17 March 2008, and I sent an e-mail on 5 March 2008 requesting my refund. I completed the tedious task of sending an online request for a refund on a ticket for the above date. Check your records from roughly 2 and a half months ago and you will find it. I hope it takes as long for you to find it as it has me trying to find the right place to send this complaint to. Don't say it was never received as I have an automated response with a reference number (1429778). To date I have not had a response to this e-mail. The response noted that "...and will start the processing immediately.", How long is immediately in your company?

After a further, I don't know how many, e-mails and phone calls, I got one response which was for further information. This was from a Robert who requested more details on 21 May 2008, which I sent immediately, that is on 21 May 2008 which is the same day that I received his e-mail, and I have not heard a word since. I sent a follow-up e-mail on 29 May 2008, and guess what. he has not responded. That was no surprise for me.

I would like to inform you that I have been in the service industry for more years than you wish to know and these are my observations of Lufthansa.

1. Make it as difficult as possible for the customer to contact you when there is a complaint. That way you wont get as many as you should.

2. Don't give out personal e-mail addresses. That way nobody can be held responsible.

3. Under no circumstances give out managers contact numbers. This is in fear of having to face the client in a one on one call.

4. Because of the demand for flights, make compliments easy and look after these customers. Don't worry about the complaints as there is another customer waiting in line.

5. If the customer waits long enough, the frustration will make them go away.

With this in mind, I hope you do not deal with this e-mail the way all my other e-mails have been dealt with.

• Za
    zakraui abdaslam Nov 09, 2008

Hello!
    My baggage has been loss and I did make report about it, I had been waiting 3 months now.Its unfair all my stuf has been loss if u dont help me out i am going to usude you, they tell me that they going to call me back but no body did . Its not like that how you gugs should traid your costumers.

Only than Fly LUFTHANSA!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices