Lowesretaliation for calling corporate

P Review updated:

On October 29th, 2010 my wife and I went to Lowes at Gordonsville, Va to upgrade 0ur existing cabinets and design to solid oak. At the same time, we were looking for hardwood flooring for the kitchen, hall and living room. Before we left, we left behind almost $10, 000 for Pergo flooring, custom honey oak cabinets with the large matching trim and a counter top w/sink.

In the second week of November, we received a call that our cabinets would be delivered on Nov 22nd. That weekend, we gave our cabinets and carpert to a young couple in our church which
left us with the old counter top and sink on two saw horses and no flooring.

The right cabInets came in but they were too tall. I called the manager at Lowes and he told me, "I am all over it" he assured me over and over again, we would have our cabinets by Christmas. Didn't happen !!!

We went to the manager in January and he gave us the same song and dance about how he had ordered our cabinets and we should have had them before Christmas. I went outside and called the cabinet people to only be advised that a lady from Lowes had cancelled our order on December 9th. (says a lot for the truth and veracity of the manager.) . We were furious, it seems she was "Going to design something we might like betters !!" We ordered what we wanted and had authorized no one to change our order.

I called the corporate office for Lowes in NC and got a lady named Julie and told her about all of this and that I wanted the name and address of the top dog. She told me it was a Robert Niblock.
I sent Mr. Niblock a six page letter which was signed for on January 10th at corporate.

About then, A fellow named Thomas called me and started on me for making the complaint and that the whole thing was our fault for cancelling the order and wanted to argue with me to the point I was ready to hang up on him. I asked him to show me a contract I had signed since the original one with the right cabinets on 10/29 ?
This never happened or anything cancelling our order. If our order was cancelled by us, why did we not get our money back so we could go someplace else ?

Since then, the proper cabinets were ordered but without the trim so the trim and the cabinets were not a match. I guess Mr. Niblock and Thomas did not have enough horsepower to make sure our order was right. We ended up with some trim from I do not know where and it doesen't match . I called Julie and got nowhere other than that Thomas and the store manager would meet with me to "make thing right ??"

Next came almost $5000 worth of Bruce custome flooring in the
gunstock finishe. Of course the flooring was ordered but NOT the matching stair nosing. Of course good old Thomas sent the installer down to Lumber l Liquidaters in Richmond for the stair nosing that doesn't match.

And of course, the delivey of our counter top was screwed up too. All of this was known by corporate who could care less.

We got our counter top we purchased on October 29th installed yesterday, exactly four months later !!!

Thomas then has the gaul to call and wanted to meet with he and Troy at the store to "Make things right!!!" I told him I did not want anything from Lowes and how much suffering we went through by missing, Thanks giving and Christmas with our kids and the fact that nothing we had matched and the way he and Lowes had treated us there was nothing to make this right and hung up on him.

Again, we want nothing from Lowes but I would like to take this time to thank Mr. Robert Niblock and Lowes corporate for screwing our lives up. We are not rich but are elderly and we cannot go through this again.

They seemed to think it was funny when my wife was standing in the cabinet section crying.

PT and Diane Spencer
Louisa, Virginia

PS, we have all of the emails, documents and dates and times to back this up.

• Kr
    Krap11 Jan 18, 2021

We had wood flooring installed by Lowe’s and it was installed improperly. Their staff or the contractor won’t do anything about it. I’ve spoken to them and/or tried over 30 times. The floor installation manger never even returned my call even though his message said he would. I called him 6 times. Will never go back to Lowe’s. It is sad.

• Eb
    EBarricelli May 13, 2021

@Krap11 This is terrible service... I had windows installed 2-05-21...a part on my triple bedroom window was broken...I've called a total of 5 times so far, and not one call back...I'm totally disgusted, and would never recommend Lowes to anyone...and I indicated this fact in my survey who I believe no one reads, it listened to.
    Wish I could get this taken care if...but probably my $3899 window wasn't expensive enough...
    My email is [email protected] anyone can help... Thank you.

• My
    mysticmy Oct 01, 2020

Jan 7th 2020: Had Lowes rep out for a quote on a fence Jan 20th 2020: Received 1st quote May 8th 2020: Revised the quote and signed the contract with Justin, the Lowes associate who gave me the original and updated quote with the assurance my fence would be up within 4-6 weeks. Paid Justin $10655 upfront, in full for the install. June 16th 2020: Emailed Justin as I hadn't heard anything about an ETA or date. Starting in June, I began calling once a week for updates but I find that Justin no longer works there and they can't seem to find my contract even though they have been paid in full. I am contacted by Jeffery who tells me that Justin had not put in my order and now that the pandemic was in full swing, it would be awhile as my pickets had not even been milled yet. September 11th 2020: My wood was delivered after 4 months and I was told construction would start on 14th even though no one from Safe dig had come out to mark. I was assured by Jeff that it would be done over the weekend and they would begin on Monday the 14th. Sept 14th 2020: Safe dig showed up mid afternoon to mark but no call and no construction. Construction began Sept 17th 2020: The construction crew were about ready to start putting pickets up when they noticed half of my order was missing. They reached out to Jeff who said they had accepted the full order so it should be here or in the warehouse. Sept 22nd 2020: Only the skeleton of my fence is up. Not having enough pickets forces my contractors to have to stop work indefinitely because they don't want my pickets weathering differently from the ones that aren't even here yet because we don't know when that will be. I reach out to Lowes who tell me they had accepted the first shipment on good faith and had no idea only half arrived and they would need to reorder more but could not give any eta. Oct 1st 2020: My fence is still not up, Lowes still has my money and I have no ETA on when or if I will ever have my project completed.

The contractors, however, are fantastic, which is the only silver lining in this. Great guys that I have hired independently to redo my porch completely separate from Lowes but we're joking that it will be quoted ripped out and finished before Lowes gets my wood to finish the fence.

• Sh
    Sharon Woods Jan 08, 2020

I ordered appliances in November 2019 from Lowes and have still not received my appliances. Delivery was scheduled by my local store for December the 13th. I received an email to rate one of the items I ordered so I assumed it had been delivered to my home as stated. At 2:50 Pm on the date the items were to be delivered, I received a call from Joni at the local Madison Walmart to ask me, You are aware your entire order of a refrigerator, electric double oven, micro wave, dishwasher, and flat surface cook top is not all in?" I said no I was told the were all in. She stated she would have someone call the next day to see when they would arrive. I asked why did we have to wait until tomorrow? She said because I am leaving in 5 minutes very rudely. You would have thought if she could not call herself she could at least had the store manager call. I called again and was assured the items except the dishwasher were being sent to distribution center then to store and would be delivered by December 30th. I again called and was informed Samsung could not give a date of delivery with no alternative items offered to replace the items. No customer service exhibited what so ever. Samsung and Lows are both fraudulent with their information. They provide estimated delivery dates to get you to purchase then make no attempt to supply. Lowe's blames Samsung but Lowe's is ultimately responsible for what they advertise. Of course by the time I was informed of the delays I was unable to receive the sale prices that had been offered on other brands from other retailers.

• Ap
    A. pugh Sep 05, 2019

If you live in New York City do not purchase items from Lowe's such as the hot water heater or gas dryer. I purchased a hot water heater from Lowe's and used a Lowe's plumber. The plumber used the wrong type of hose on the water intake and gas intake. the plumber also did not register the hot water heater with the New York City Department of buildings which is to be done in New York City. The New York City Department of buildings charged me a fine because of the improper work that the Lowe's installer did. Today is now September 5 and I have been going back and forth with the Lowe's complaint line for two months about having this issue corrected. all I seem to be getting is the runaround. Lowe's does not know the plumbers they hired to do work in your home are not licensed or do not know the codes for the state they work in. make sure if you use any Lowes contracted employee to work in your home, they are properly licensed. Make sure you question them before they began any work in your home. Make sure you ask this at the store before you purchase the item.

• Ol
    oldmantime Aug 02, 2019

I purchase a dishwasher at low June 2019, I have both a manufacture's warranty and also an extended warranty, I was told a repair would come out between the hours of 8 to 4, nobody show up from G & A Appliance located in Surprise, AZ. After 3 hours on the phone, I was told someone would show up. Called and complained to Lowes Store and talked with Mr Christian, for the second time and asked who to complain to and I was told the Corporate Office would just refer me make to the original store of purchase. I will sell my stock in the company tomorrow, because the management of this company it terrible, I apologize for the poorly worded complaint but my brain has never been the same after Vietnam.

• Wi
    Will Price Jul 18, 2019

Three and a half years ago I purchased (3) Utilitech Pro LED overhead light fixtures, model MXL307-LED22K840 from Lowes in Suffolk Virginia and installed in a rental property kitchen. The fixtures were approximately $31 each and had a warranty well beyond 3-1/2 years. All 3 fixtures went out completely last week. When I returned to Lowes, the lady told me that I had to contact the manufacturer for warranty information. I called Utilitech and inquired with the fellow on the phone what was needed for replacement. He told me that they only sell their product to Lowes and I would have to go back to Lowes and they would need to fill out a form/paperwork to send to them. When I asked the fellow for his name, he hung up on me! I returned to Lowes 2 days ago and one of their managers told me that Lowes only replaced items within 30 days of purchase and that they couldn't assist me. I would need to contact the manufacturer since they are the ones who would honor the warranty. (Lowes no longer carries the model fixtures I had purchased; hummmmmmm makes me wonder if they were faulty). Lowes now only sells LED-type fixtures and instead of replacing a light bulb, you have to buy a whole new fixture when they fail to work. I own rental real estate in 3 states and needless to say, I will shop elsewhere for light fixtures and will never buy another Utilitech product.

• Co
    Coralview Mar 26, 2019

Ordered a washer and dryer online was givin a delivery date 3/25, driver called around noon, said will be there around 2:10 in the afternoon, a little later I called the drivers phone no answer, called the delivery people said they gave the order to a third party, she called but got no response.called Lowe’s next morning, after being transferred around finally got a person who told me that one piece of the order was returned and the second item was out of stock, and they would be delivered on 4/14, I immediately cancelled the order and went to Home Depot placed the order will be here in 3 days.i don’t know what’s happening to Lowe’s other than there total disrespect to customers, customer service is about the worst I have delt with in years,

• Tg
    TGSqrd Nov 01, 2018

Wow. Same story here in Williamsburg, VA.
    The oven in our old range failed around Thanksgiving 2017.
    We ordered a new Samsung range from Lowes expecting to have it installed
    before Christmas. Lowes delivered two faulty ranges in a row and,
    after words, would do nothing to help us get a functioning unit.
    Multiple phone calls over an entire month to the store, to Lowe's
    customer service center and to the installer gave us no relief. We
    cancelled our order and purchased one from a different vendor.
    Lowes then began disputing the amount of refund that we were due.
    We had to provide proof three times before they refunded the full amount
    due to us.
    Will never shop at Lowes again.

• Ir
    Irvine1322 Oct 06, 2018

Lowe’s is great on selling, but lack the follow up when there is a problem. Another unhappy customer!

• Ae
    A echols Sep 13, 2018

Lowes in Blytheville AR is very prejudice. Recently Lowes had a clearance sale and the manager notified his white customers of the sale. The day before the sale, the manager let a white customer get a 2800 refrigerator for 300 dollars. This was not fair because all races should have had an equal opportunity to purchase the clearance deals. Instead, when all the best items were gone, then Lowes manager put the rest of the small items out for everyone to see. This Lowes manager is prejudice. I will be contacting the AR Attorney General and file a law suit.

• Go
    Good Old Elsie Sep 30, 2019

@A echols I've had my own challenges with AR stores and racial prejudice...but I have to ask. How do you know that white customers were notified of a sale?

• Te
    TerriBebo Sep 13, 2018

I see some things have not changed with Lowes. I hired Lowes for my kitchen renovation and a project that was estimated at 6 to 8 weeks is now working on 12+ weeks and still not complete. The sales team is great (wonder why) and after that it is all down hill. Their CPO is a joke, contractors suck and they truly make you feel as though they don't care. My family and I have went all summer without a kitchen (my kitchen is small) and I truly believe they do not care. I wrote corporate, the CEO, over a week and half ago to stress my dissatisfaction and do you think I have heard back from anybody - NO!!! So my $20, 000+ is just a drop in their bucket. I will never use or refer Lowes to anyone. My next steps are to contact to Attorney General's office and the BBB. I have had it with Lowes and they need to be held accountable.

• Cr
    Crystal A Aug 28, 2018

Let me tell you about my visit today at the Lowe’s store in Milford Ohio, we bought our house over 2 yrs ago, not having very many cabinets in my kitchen I finally was going to get new cabinets. I spent all morning measuring out my kitchen, my father came over and joined in drawling me pictures with all my measurements. Living in the country my mom and I thought we would take a drive to the city and go check out these cabinets and prices, heading down 32 we had an hour and a half drive, I was so excited to finally use my double oven and have the kitchen I have been dreaming of. We get to Lowe’s walked back to the kitchen cabinets and there sat 3 kitchen designers, never looked up never ask if we needed help, we roamed around looking at cabinets they had on hand. We walked back over still no one acknowledged us standing there, we looked through the display of small doors that were hanging. Still waiting for someone to offer some help nothing, we keep roaming around ( being in customer service myself I was dumb founded and couldn’t believe what I was experiencing) my mom being in her 70’s sat down at the desk where the employees were sitting, at this point only 2 employees still there, one finally notices her sitting there and asks if she needs help. I go over and sit at the young ladies desk give her my deminsions and we start talking ( at this point she never said anything about scheduling an appointment) she asks me questions we pick a door style we go back to her desk and she finishes up, she prints me a draft picture of the kitchen and the price, I told her I wanted to send a picture to my husband and see what he thinks and I would be back ( at this point again the lady says nothing about an appointment) by this time my mom had gone to look at flowers, roaming looking for her I texted and called my husband to talk about the price, I get the ok to do the order. I go back to the lady sitting at her desk and told her we would like to place the order, she continues typing and says nothing, I said to her that we want to move forward, but I did want to make a small change and I want to open the credit card also, she looks at me and says can you schedule an appointment I am in the middle of alot of paperwork and grabs a binder. I was absolutely beside myself did she really just ask me to schedule an appointment, I just drove an hour and a half to get here, sat with her for a half hour and then walked the store for roughly 20 min and she wants me to come back to place the order, I just took my stuff and headed to the front asking a worker if I could talk to a manager, he takes me to the front and ask some colleagues to get a manager they looked at him and said they are in a meeting. I left very very upset got to the car where my mom was unloading the cart of flowers into the car, venting to her I decided to back into the store to the customer service desk and guess what, a manager was standing there I asked to speak to him, pacing the floor and watching him talk to the employees he comes over. I explained to him what had happened and that he lost a sale today, he asked me if it was the kitchen designer that help me and I said yes it was, he explains to me that they do work on appointments so they can go over the design with you, feeling like he is covering for her, I am fuming at this point I told him she went over my design with me, I came back to tell her to place the order, but after my experience and working in customer service that I wanted someone to be aware how customers are being treated. The manager never asked me whi the associate was that helped me, he never acted like he gave a [censored] less. I guess Lowe’s is so big they don’t need customers!!! Sickening

• La
    Lance L Aug 23, 2018

Missing bolts from a Samsung microwave should not be a 30 day issue. Called on august 4th 2018 originally. On August 6th e mail received notifying me that it would be 10 days. The rep on 8-4 told me 5 to 7 days. So I wait patiently. August 18th the horror story begins. call in and Catina tells me nothing she can do other than reorder the parts. Finally get to a "corporate supervisor" named Magali. NO help either, gives me Samsung phone number and order number [protected]. of course Samsung not open on Saturday. Now 8-21 @ 9:33 Samsung tells me order was cancelled for lack of the proof of purchase. All invoices and documents emailed in August 2nd as requested. OTHERWISE HOW DID THEY GIVE US AN ORDER #!! So after 3 times of sending in invoices they finally said the had all information. I asked for the bolt kit to be shipped express and I would even pay for shipping. Received Email 8-23 stating it would be 10 business days before they arrive. Being on hold in excess of 22 minutes one time, 30 minutes another both with Lowes, just not acceptable. So when you call back you can never get to the same person. Tim and Naomi were the only 2 that actually really tried to help. At my request the tried to contact Samsung to try and expedite but obviously it did not help. Currently trying to reach someone at corporate office in NC. 8-23 at 9:58 automated phone answered and am still waiting on someone to answer the phone, time now, 10:29 am. Corporate phone number [protected] obviously needs more help. Being in most stores I have been in with Lowes you can never find anyone to help. Push the button someone shows up 5 to 10 minutes later. All stores need more help as well as corporate office needs more help.

• Aj
    ajttruck Aug 16, 2018

I have had a very disappointment from your Palmdale, CA Store on 47th and S.
    I went to your professionals in this store with my floor plans, the original plans by my cabinets by the cabinet shop that made my cabinets after my house burnt down, and pictures of my cabinets in my kitchen and bathrooms. This employee designed and printed out my kitchen. Under the impression that your design people knew what they are doing I left the copy's of my papers and let him do his work.
    When we went back he said he had it all worked up and gave me a price and I paid for the order and then bout washer, dryer, dish washer, stove, and microwave for above the stove.
    Thinking everything was right the set an appointment for the 28th of July for delivery. This was in June. a week later my brother had a had a heart attack and died. The funeral was scheduled for the same day as delivery so I called lowe's and rescheduled delivery on the 21st of July and explained that we would not be home on the 28th. They changed the delivery day ti the 21st.
    a few days before the 21st lowe's called and told my daughter- in-law that a part never came in yet and changed the date to the 28th. I had to call again and change delivery for the 29th and Lowes changed the delivery for the 29th of July .
    While I was at the funeral a man that in mentally disabled called and interrupted the funeral and I had to call him back. He told me that there was a bunch of things delivered to the house. This man in mental and has no permission or right to sign for anything. So my son and his pregnant wife had to leave his uncles funeral and rush to the house. When he got there there were the cabinets in the road at the end of the driveway so he called for help from his friend here in lake L.A. and his friend had to drive back from Los Angeles 80 miles to help him.My blood presser was really high by this time.
    Since then I find out that there are no counter tops for my bathrooms and no end pieces and top end pieces or the top for the island cabinets were not with the order. Come to find out your employee never put them in the design or just was incompetent. Now last night 8/15/18 I sent my son to spend more money and we found out from one of your managers ( Mosses ) that after picking out the sink that the order didn't have a sink base cabinet delivered. Then I found out that the employee who designed the cabinets send 2 carousels instead of one. So here goes my blood presser . Your store assistant or manager ( Mosses ) has been trying to do his best to help but your employee who designed these things . He has tried to correct this screw up and when he corrects 1 problem another one pops up. I should have let home depot do this they had it right. Your designer said give him a chance to meet or beet. Well he beet them but he didn't say that to beat them you have to omit part of the order.
    I am going to contact a lawyer in this matter as being a 73 year old man next month and disabled I have never had this many problems with an order. I have spent Thousands of dollars at your stores and I don't even know now if the cabinets designed by your employee are even going to fit or even if I have everything. Now I'm over the limit allowed by State Farm Insurance for the cabinets and counter tops from the money they have paid.
    I now think it's going to take a lawyer and Judge and court to figure this out

Comments

• Gi
    giveittime Aug 09, 2018

I purchased a Dollie for 151.34 from the Lowes in Little rock Ar. The employee that ran my debit card had a problem running it through, so he kept running it. well needless to say when I checked my account that night, Lowes had ran my card 15 times for over 2000.00. I went back out there and the manager did not want to listen and kept saying it was my bank fault. The young man who rung me up was still there and said" we have had glitches all day with our software. so I wonder how many people did not catch the extra money that Lowes was taking out of their account. My bank confirmed the problem was with Lowes this morning and declined the 15 other charges they were trying to run on my card. I refuse to give business to a place that cannot see their own mistakes. #homedepotforme.

• Pj
    pjc204 Aug 03, 2018

I WAS A CURRENT EMPLOYEE OF THE HOWELL TOWNSHIP STORE IN NEW JERSEY ( STORE NUMBER 1672 ) ON ROUTE 9. I WAS WORKING THE OVER NIGHT SHIFT FROM 930P TILL 530A EVERYTHING WAS GOING GREAT ZERO ISSUES WITH THE PEOPLE I WAS WORKING WITH. THEN FEW MONTHS DOWN THE ROAD IT STARTED TO GET BAD. 1 WORKER WAS ON HIS PHONE ALL NIGHT LONG WHILE OPERATING THE MACHINE ( ORDER PICKER) UP IN THE AIR STACKING THE TOP SHELVES WHILE ON HIS PHONE. THE NIGHT MANAGER WAS MADE AWARE OF THE SITUATION UNKNOWN IF THAT WORKER WAS WARNED OR WRITTEN UP. THE SAME WORKER WAS CAUGHT SEVERAL TIMES AFTER THAT INCIDENT & NOTHING WAS DONE. MYSELF A HARD WORKING PERSON WHO HAS TO PROVIDE FOR HIS FAMILY WAS WRONG FULLY LAID OFF, WAS NOT AWARE OF IT WAS NEVER NOTIFIED IN THE WEEKS COMING WHEN I WALKED IN TO START THE NIGHT SHIFT I WAS BROUGHT INTO THE OFFICE AND WAS TOLD THAT IM NO LONGER NEEDED THAT SALES HAS GONE DOWN AN THE TRUCKS WERE GETTING SMALLER. I FOUND OUT THAT THEY WANTED TO GET RID OF ME 3 WEEKS IN ADVANCE AND WAS TOLD NO BY ONE OF THE MANGERS ( WHO SAID I NEED HIM ON MY CREW ) BUT I WAS STILL LET GO. THEY HANDED ME A THANK YOU CARD AN SAID BEST OF LUCK IN THE FUTURE. I ALSO FOUND OUT THAT THEY JUST HIRED A BRAND PERSON WHO IS STARTING THIS MONDAY AFTER I WAS TOLD THINGS HAVE BEEN SLOW . I WASNT EVEN GIVING A CHANCE TO BE ASKED IF I WANTED THE FULL TIME POSITION. I PERSONALLY WOULD NOT SPEND ANY MONEY AT THE LOWE'S IN HOWELL NJ . AFTER THIS INCIDENT IVE BEEN GOING TO HOME DEPOT FOR ALL HOUSE PROJECT NEEDS

Joe Zavala May 28, 2018

I am a military retiree, single father with 6 children, here in south central Texas. My old washer and dryer died and I couldn't afford a new set. I was gifted a new set back in the spring of 2016. The washer broke a couple of weeks ago in May 2018. The lid locked with no panel indications.

I called Lowe's Customer Service for repair as it was under a 5 yr extended warranty. They referred the service call to Taylor's Appliance in San Antonio, Texas. The service visit went smooth, the repair tech stated that the control board was "eaten" by bugs and it would be covered. He added that in cases where there was rodent damage that it wouldn't be not covered. And as the tech was leaving he said that it would be covered and that I would be contacted in about 24-48 hrs. I was never contacted by Taylor's Appliance nor Lowe's.

I contacted Lowe's Customer Service on 28 May 2018, and they stated to me that the repair would not be covered and that I refused to allow photo's taken of the control board. I never was asked about photo's, and I think he did take photo's.

The over all result being that the repair company, Taylor's Appliance lied to Lowe's about the service visit, and Lowe's not honoring any warranty. They even stated that they can another tech out for a 2nd opinion and charge me for the service call, which by the way is around $90-$100.

My recommendation is never do business with either Taylor's Appliance in San Antonio Texas, and Lowe's. As Taylor's is unprofessional which lies to clients and to contract holders. And Lowe's not wanting to honor warranty's.

Debbie Glv May 23, 2018

Lowes has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I ordered appliances from lowes (physical store) to be delivered to my new residence. They give me a delivery date with a time frame of 3pm-5pm. At 5:30 pm I call and they tell me they weren’t able to deliver today (no call, no email to let me know). They tell me delivery will be the following day from 5pm-7pm. They arrive 7:40 pm. The next day when I open the dishwasher it is banged up on one side- It looked like the delivery men threw down the boxes without care. I call to let them know that the dishwasher came defective and if they can come and replace it and they tell me I have to come and bring it to the store for an exchange which is ridiculous!! Wait there’s more…

I had also placed an order online for 3 ceiling fans and two thermostats from them. They called me a few days later and told me they did not have the thermostats in stock and would not be able to deliver them. I told them that was fine and that I'd get the thermostats somewhere else. The day after my missed scheduled delivery, I call and I am informed that our order has been cancelled because of inventory issues (again, no call no e-mail). The girl I spoke to on the phone didn’t even want to attempt to help me. I asked that the order be placed again and due to their mess up I asked if they could expedite the delivery, which she refused. I was persistent and she put me on hold for 30 minutes!!! After waiting and waiting I started yelling into the phone that I would be filing a complaint and magically she answered the phone right then! Anyways she told me one day shipping wasn't possible, which I don't believe, but I agreed to the 3 day shipping. A day later I get an email with the delivery confirmation and the address is somewhere in Alabama (I live in Las Vegas) and on the order its one thermostat and 2 ceiling fans (supposed to be 3 ceiling fans only). I call today to fix and they tell ME, that I have to call fedex to fix the address or call back tomorrow to essentially remind them to do their jobs. I call the next day again and they tell me that a “specialist team” was going to contact me in 3 days to reorder the products, I told them to just give me my money back.

What a terrible experience. Go to Home Depot! Much more professional and helpful.
    PS Lowe's uses a third party carrier to deliver their products so they can differ blame and responsibility.

• Su
    Susan Pass Livingston May 17, 2018

I fell at Lowes on a sharp edged cart and they told me to go to the Emergency Room instead of a cheaper doctor visit and then refused to file it under their insurance claiming it wasn't their fault after the cart was left in the narrow pathway. They knew they closed the case but still gave me the impression that it would be covered til the end. UNTIL the Bills came in. I have been in pain for two weeks now. Its sad they think so little of their customers. File it on insurance and then write it off. Whats the big deal. Maybe they are struggling to stay in business. They just lost another customer. Sorry I cant support a local business but when you crap on your customers..its going to happen. What comes around goes around. Im just waiting to see how long it takes before they go out of business.

• Di
    Display Me Jul 27, 2021

@Susan Pass Livingston I also fell on a low shelf cart that was left out in the middle walkway of the isle in the outside plant/shrubs section of Lowes. Cut my leg open was bleeding pretty bad. I was embarrassed went back into the store, not one employee noticed my bleeding or saw me fall. I left with saying anything. I didn't go to the emergency room. I'm reminded of Lowers everyday because I now have a scar on my leg. Sorry you fell too. I'm also sorry to hear that Lowes handles their customers like this. I'm happy to know I didn't waste my time with them.

• Gw
    Gwen C. Apr 27, 2018

Why is it so difficult to keep a decent outside lawn and garden manager at the Lowe's store in Baton Rouge, La. Cortana Mall Store? Since long time manager Becky left, that department looks like a waste land. There has been several people passing through as manager then disappearing. Finally, Tyrone took it over. In his short time there this store was awarded the MOST IMPROVED. Tyrone was smart, very knowledgeable about the plants and how they were grown and VERY EASY TO WORK WITH. That department is always short on employees and it was obvious that Tyrone needed more help. He quit due to lack of help and HR called him back. I go by yesterday and due to lack of help in that department TYRONE HAS QUIT AGAIN!!! Shame on you Lowe's.

Sandy Zimmer Seelye Apr 26, 2018

OMG...I was just online looking for an email address to send my 6 pages of notes with my problems and phone calls I had getting my flooring installed after a pipe break in my house in January. After calling and calling and calling, I finally got it installed on April 11, 2018. The employees were no help, I talked to the same 3 or 4 people and noone decided to figure out for me what the problem was. I waited till floor was installed and took it to the manager. He just said, sorry we had a new system that must have given everyone a hard time...bull s**t on that answer. He did give me 2 free boxes of extra flooring because they didn't even measure correctly and our installer had to piece together my bedroom closet which left me one piece of board in case I needed to replace any. I just wanted them to acknowledge that they screwed up. Almost afraid to send it to corporate now, looks like they won't give me the time of day for it. I'm having a hard time even finding an email address for corporate, they give you phone numbers, but I don't want to call, I want to send them all my notes!! But I'm going to try anyway, if someone has the email address I can send it to, please let me know at [email protected] I agree no customer service at Lowes and am fixing to put it on my social media and will include the #nocustomerserviceatlowes @Marla O'Dell!!

• Mg
    mgiles Apr 06, 2018

Glad to see I'm in good company. Lowes is the WORST DISHONEST store and should be boycotted. They want their money upfront but have no intention of returning it when the contract is cancelled. I moved to the state of FL and wanted my 1, 000 ft condo remodeled. TOTAL $65, 600.93 with product accounting for $12, 477.46 and labor $53, 198.47. The labor included $12, 566.78 for unneeded electrical upgrade, $19, 307.00 demo, $6, 000.00 paint and $5, 755.34 plumbing. I paid with a check over $34, 000 (return 6-8 weeks if ever), $15, 000 American express (will not return AMX calls on my billing dispute )and balance on their CC. I can not believe a company can get away with this deceitful behavior in 2018. Who are they paying off? Could part of the payoff be going to the BBB for their A+ rating ? Cheating retired seniors on a fixed income should be a criminal offence. They damaged my kitchen wall and want to have their unlicensed contractor repair it. I won't permit anyone from Lowes in my home.

• Sp
    Spending my funds at small stores Mar 19, 2018

They do bait and switch. illegal. check on a class action suit and findd out about fraud in you state and charges on an interstate (federal) level. seems not to be in just one state. many fake pricing of items so you want to buy it and they say, oh this is incorrectly priced. too bad for you, if you want it you can pay 6 times more than marked. and put really good prices in their advertisement they send you through the mail. for yard and garden to get you in store and they only ordered 2 or 3 but put it on their front page!!! then say it was only while they last that would be 10 minutes on the first morning the garden stuff they do allll the time and especially at christmas so you will go on and buy something that cost more than you had wanted to pay because you are running out of time for shopping. they have a lot of tricks including lying, charging incorrect price, not coming to the phone. and apparently allow managers to sleep with the female help and let these females move in with the manager for promotions and raises even though that is sexual harassment, illegal. immoral, bad for business and employee morale this company is about to go under and file bankruptcy if they have your $10.000 and you do not have your goods you end holding a worthless receipt,.. I had this happen to me when sears took my order for furniture and my money one day after they filed for bankruptcy and the court gave what money their was to creditors not to ripped off customers, be ware. don't give any lowes store money if you don't have the merchandise in your possession. possession is nine tenths of the law. l loews has no concern for their customers because bankruptcy can save them from criminal acts as well, if no one gets the federal attorney general on this,!! don't let them make a chump out of you and I don't think home depot is very much better at least with customer service.

Billy Holmes Mar 07, 2018

Oklahoma has had to date 163 deaths due to the flu. Employees are bringing their doctor notes and Amber Winn of store 1536 is taking notes and falsified it that reflected they wasn’t sick. HR and Kellie McLaughlin approved the action. People are dying and management wants to play games.

I went to corporate and management did all they could to get me fired. I was with Lowes for over 17 years. They finally fired me by having another employee, a convicted felon, jump in front of my power equipment, I was fired for safety violation.

Billy Holmes Feb 03, 2018

Everyone here with a complaint should be persistent and contact the media. I have contacted everyone above store level, every management level of HR, every management level of loss and prevention and every level of operations, and the answer from each is the same, nothing we can do, you’re on your own.

Billy Holmes Feb 03, 2018

I have worked for Lowes for over 17 years and these stories do not surprise me. It’s suppose to be customers come first but since Niblock took over, managers have told us the new mission of the company is to get the customers money at any cost, make any promises you had to. This comes down straight from the desk of Robert Niblock, get the money and get them out of the store. Now he is terminating all long term employees with experience and hiring cheap labor with no experience and people who don’t care, cause all they have to do is steal the money from the customer. If you do business with Lowes, do it at your own risk, cause Lowes doesn’t care one bit about you.

ChrisVa24 Jan 30, 2018

I bought over $5000 in replacement windows that weren't sealed in anyway. I can see daylight around my windows... air and water come in. I have called to speak to the manager (rich carroll) so many times and gone there in person... never once has the manager been in. I actually got him on the phone one time, and he said he'd look into it and call me back with a solution. he didn't. since then, i've been told he'll call me 48 times and he never has. i've most recently been told by the assistant manager, only met him once and have never seen him again, that my windows are now out of coverage which was 2 years, but i've been complaining since the second week I had them!!! he did say that he'd call victoria who was somehow over this type of issue but nothing ever came of that either. I see all of these complaints but I don't see any responses from corporate. I don't hear of any resolutions... so whats the point in wasting my time? does anyone ever get "things made right?" lowe's must not care about the customers at all or care how their stores are run at all. is there a route to get something dome that I don't know about? or do I just pay someone to reinstall my new windows again after two years??

@ChrisVa24 Lowes won’t do it

Mark Stapleton Nov 13, 2017

Lowes..We have a problem and I am very disappointed in you. 3 weeks ago we went to your Leesburg Fl store picked out paint for our master bedroom (Valspar Reserve about $40 a gallon) and had them mix up 2 gallons of a yellow for us. owning and working our store 6 days a week I only have time to work around the house on Sundays. So over the past 2 Sundays i get 2/3 of the room painted and we realized we would need another gallon. so last Sunday night 11/5/17 we went back to your Leesburg store with the paint lid with all your codes on it and asked for another gallon. Then today I go to finish the room only to find that after I painted the remaining wall it was mixed a darker yellow color than the original thus ruining the room looks and 3 weeks of Sundays getting this room painted before Thanksgiving. We are giving you a chance to make right on this so it does not go any further. You can see by the pic were its cut in on the wall corner the darker shade
    I also called the store talked to one of the managers on duty at 6:30 pm tonight told him about it and he told me that he would call me back in 20 minutes and as expected he LIED and never did call back (guess Lowes cannot be trusted at their word either)

• La
    Laura Susan Oct 28, 2017

I have been through a similar experience with Lowes. It was suppose to be a two day window installation and it took over 5 months. They were done wrong and then it took months of phone calls and no one showing when they said they would. I complained to corporate and finally got my windows done, but again phone call after phone call. I finally said it is ok, even though it was not a great job. I asked for some kind of compensation for my time of calling and waiting around for the contractor not to show and they said sorry we are done with you. I will never go there again. Back to Home Depot and I tell everyone I know not to go Lowes.

• Bj
    bjwingo Oct 25, 2017

I wish I would have read these comments before I went to Lowes, but you don't expect a large company like that to be so bad. We bought all new appliances, cabinets and countertops. The first issue we had was when it was time to deliver the cabinets the driver called to let us know he was on the way with our Refrigerator and I told him he better have more than a refrigerator on his truck and he didn't. Not only did they not have the rest of my appliances they did not have my cabinets on the truck either. The driver went back to the store to get the cabinets and the rest of my appliances they could not find all of the cabinets. We have waited two weeks to get cabinets that are supposed to be in stock and they can't find them. So we have to reschedule to have them installed. It took about another 2 weeks to get stock cabinets in. Then they came out to install cabinets and had no countertops. They said they would not order countertops until cabinets were put in so they can measure correctly (they did not bother to tell us that) so we had to go without countertops for another 4 weeks because they forgot to order them even after cabinets were installed.. So we finally get the countertops in and it is not the color we ordered. in the mean time my husband has been up to the store several times to talk with the Manager whom by the way never returns a phone call and assures us that this will be taken care of. I have called there Corporate office and they just call and talk to the Manager of the store. The store is the one located on Goliad Road in San Antonio, TX. Now we have found underneath the cabinets where the toe-kick goes it looks like they ran out of toe-kick and just used base board. We had to call them again and now they are not coming back out until 11/8/17. What should of probably have taken about 4 weeks max has now taken 3-4 months and not everything is done. Never again will we buy from Lowes. My daughter flips houses and she said she will never buy again from Lowes either.

Marlyn Akers-Lewis Sep 20, 2017

I'm so very sorry that all of you have had these major issues with Lowe's. I ordered a garage door to be installed along with an entry door back in April of this year. The garage door was ordered the same day as the entry door and has been installed for several months. The company did a wonderful job installing it. Now for the entry door they had to order it and it took about 4 weeks for it to come in which was no problem. The new entry door arrived exactly as promised and a fork lift tore a whole in it and it had to be reordered and replaced. Now here it sits in my garage and has been for over 2 months and I can not get anyone to talk to me. The woman who was talking with was great and wanted this issue resolved but when I called the store back to speak with her I was informed she did not have the right to talk to me about anything. So here I sit six months later with an entry door sitting in my garage and no one will talk to me or even try to get this taken care of. I have had to call corporate on a hard wood floor that was installed which was completely messed up and that was over a year ago and still not finished and the trimming on the flooring looks horrible. I have been on hold for over an hour to speak with some one in corporate and still no answer. Like everyone else I also have the documentation. I have dealt with lowes from the beginning of them coming into my state of West Virginia. I do not know what else to do. It keep on it keep trying to get a human on the phone. Wish me luck Home Depot will now be getting all my business from now on.

• Ke
    keywestfan Sep 18, 2017

Wow. Wish I'd known how bad Lowe's was! We bought a dishwasher several weeks ago and were told it would take a week to get it in and another few days to get it installed. Now it's in an anonymity us installer's hands and they refuse to do anything. We can insist on another installer, but that would start their allowed time frame all over again, making it even longer. They refuse to give me the installer's contact name or phone. This is a lousy company. I had no idea!

• Do
    Don Sep 06, 2017

Lowe's has an issue delivering products. I have ordered dozens of in stock items that never get shipped or are out of stock when I go to the store to pick them up. The in store pick-up for online orders is a joke since it takes longer to pick up a "ready" order than it does to hunt through the store, find everything you need and then checkout yourself. Lowe's truly does not care about the customer experience.

• To
    Tommy Bazemore Sep 04, 2017

Very dissatisfied customer!!
    Called Lowes of Franklin Va today at 12:05 ask to speak to someone in building materials phone rings and rings, Call goes back to Customer service, This happens three times. They finally transfer to someone that knows nothing about building materials and this also happens twice . The third time I get someone on the phone I said give me someone who knows what they are talking about and they respond by saying someone who knows what their talking about and hangs up. A six minute call. 12:12 Then I call back and ask to speak to someone in management. Get a fellow on the line says he working with another customer to please hold 7 minutes later say have not forgot you 5 minutes he cannot tell me if they carry 1/4'' x 1 1/2'' x 8 ' vinyl lattice strips. Same thing I had ask three other employees. Total of 19 minutes on the phone for what??? End up driving 45 minutes to see for myself and they don't have any. And while in the store had three if not four employees pass me by and not one ask if I needed any help. Builders discount centers are looking better and better to me all the time. All these calls show on my Cell phone and its total truth.

• Go
    Good Old Elsie Sep 30, 2019

@Tommy Bazemore Their staffing is getting less and less...but I have found using their app very helpful in identifying which stores have what items and the location in the store. Has saved me a lot of hassle.

Charles Payne Aug 07, 2017

We also have a complaint. We purchased several thousand dollars of appliances from Lowes in 2012, including a Samsung washer and dryer. We want to buy pedestals now. We were told than Lowes will not install since the pedestals are not being purchased with a washer and dryer.
    I think this is crap. Got some BS about the possibility of damage during the install and Lowes did not want to take this liability risk. With a position like this it looks to me that there installers are not capable to doing the proper job.

DeniseWM Aug 03, 2017

I am also in week 14 of a Lowes kitchen remodel nightmare. Trusted Lowes to watch out for my interests with the contractor, silly me. The contractor has been great and Lowes has provided me with damaged products, missed deliveries and the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I am in for a 40K + kitchen remodel (paid in full 5 months ago) which was only going to be a 4-5 week job. I am waiting for replacement products (originals were damaged/poor quality) to be delivered. The products have been in the store for almost a month now. Delivery was scheduled for 29 July but they were a no show/no call and I cannot get an answer to why or a new date. Lowes "customercare" tells me they cannot do anything to "make it right" until the project is 100% finished, but Lowes is the one delaying completion. The stress and frustration has put such a damper on any possible enjoyment of the new kitchen that I would rather they rip everything out and refund me the money. Do not put your trust in this "too big to care" company.

Debie A Feb 20, 2018

@DeniseWM I'm sure you know this now but never contract to pay in full until a job is done in full and to your COMPLETE SATISFACTION. That way you have leverage. I would always hold at least one third back. If you're buying appliances, they probably want you to pay that separate. Same with floors, bath items such as toilets and tubs, sinks etc. They have you pay that way so they are certain to get their money.
    If it were me and I hired anyone to do or aid in a remodel my contract with them would reflect that all tiles, floors, painting, carpets, trim, cabinets and the like be installed and completely done before the appliances come along. That way if they are uncomfortable with the one third, one third and one third payments, the last being only when the client had two weeks to live with the new kitchen or whatever the work and see what might need tweeking. Then final payment could be made. There contract is certainly not set up that way I'm sure but if you research contract law in your state you'll see it's perfectly fine for you to draw one line though something you don't want to agree to and write what you want instead. I would put something like please see addendum #1. Put your initials and don't sign the contract yet. You add extra pages to any contract by means of an addendum. So on page one of your addendum you have #1 where you list your change or stipulations. Do the same with any changes as you go through the contract. Any contract for $5000 pr better, I wouldn't sign without my attorney looking over anyway. Yes even a Lowe's contract. They probably use a form contract and you can probably get a blank one for him/her to look over but always better to look at the one you've filled out BEFORE YOU SIGN IT OR A COPY IF IT

• Mi
    Michael Pomponio Jul 25, 2017

We had issues with the out sourced delivery service called XPO that Lowes uses to deliver their items. They delivered a fridge and scrapped, dented and banged up my walls like a blind man was maneuvering the fridge through my hall way. Had to file a complaint. This happened the 1st week of June. Here it is the last week of July and my house still has all the damage. Waiting on my claim of ALMOST $900. Its a joke. XPO is a poor quality of deliver service for Lowe's. No compassion or being credited for anything. They took the lowest estimate and I'm still waiting. Very disappointing. I have other photos as well of all the damage.

Marise Farrell Jul 22, 2017

WoW...you all are right. They don't care about their customers or employees. My son started there I guess it's been over 4 years ago. He applied for a full time position that was "supposed" to be open and they gave him a part time job promising a full time position within a year...never happened. They have an emergency fund for employees that are suffering a hardship...he applied because I have been in the hospitals from march thru may of this year.Never saw it. He was able to find a job elsewhere fulltime with 90 day paid training...keeping my fingers crossed it's permanent. Oh if you look online lowes has an add on indeed (job based service) looking to hire thousands across the U.S. Unless you are desperate don't apply.

KentuckyGirl

• Da
    Dale Nichols Jul 20, 2017

It's probably not worth even taking the time no one will ever get back to you! This is truly the worst company ever! No one can imagine what I have gone through.
    Dale Nichols

• Iw
    #Iwantfloorsnow Jul 17, 2017

6 MONTHS WITH NO FLOORING! I am very disappointed with Lowe's and I feel everyone's pain. Jan 2017 we signed a contract in Evansville, Indiana for flooring. We removed all carpet and parka flooring before February. We only have had sub flooring to walk on which has been damaged. I had picked out pergo flooring for my home. They delivered and than came to install it. They said our floors were not level and we needed solid wood flooring that could be nailed down. So they picked up the Pergo and we picked out Bruce hardwood. They delivered the Bruce and a week or two they came to lay it. They began to put it down and the wood was defective. The pieces were thicker on one end and were not fitting together. So they stopped laying the wood and decided to send it back to the store and get a new batch from Bruce. Waited another couple of weeks and Bruce was delivered. Next week they came to lay it. Same thing! Defective! The store then had to file a complaint against Bruce. Next the store said they would let us have bamboo floors and they wood pay the extra 100. How nice. Bamboo was delivered. A week or two later someone came to stack the wood so it would acclimate. A week later someone came to lay it. They tested our floors and said that our floors had too high humidity. They would not lay it until the humidity was down. So we had estimates from companies to seal our crawl space under our house. the estimates were from 3, 000-20, 000. Needless to say we were not planning on spending 20, 000. So, we ended spending 4, 000. So, they came back to test the humidity and it was down. So, they made another appt. to lay it down, last Thursday. Guess what? The humidity was high in Indiana that day and so were our floors. They would not lay it. Oh, did I tell you that we have had to move our oven, refrigerator, couches probably around 20 times?. Did I tell you we had to rent a place to have my daughters high school graduation party? Did I tell you that I had to buy a new vacuum cleaner because my nice vacuum cleaner doesn't like sub flooring? Did I tell you that most of my furniture is in two rooms and the garage? I haven't been able to park in our garage since January. We have been eating off TV trays. I have talked to management at the store and they said we can have our money back. They just want us to be happy. I went today to a flooring company and they are coming to look at my floors on Wednesday. They said if my floors are not level for pergo they would not have recommended putting down wood floors period. If this is the case, I am going to be very upset!!! Lowe's should have known better. We have spent so much money at Lowe's over the years. I cant believe this has happened to us. Lowe's workers have verbally been nice to us but that doesn't make me feel any better. I want wood floors! We have been extremely inconvenienced!

Marise Farrell Jul 22, 2017

@#Iwantfloorsnow someone should sue them for improper business practices..maybe then they might get their [censor] together