Living Spacestempur pedic bed

I purchased a Tempur Pedic mattress. It came with a 90 day return policy and two free pillows and free sheets. Well after 2 1/2 months I can't stand it any longer. The mattress doesn't dissipate heat and I wake up drenched in sweat. The same thing happens to my wife and she won't sleep on it. Well when I inquired about returning the bed per the agreement I was told that I would lose $607.00 because of a $200.00 restocking fee, $90.00 pickup fee, $180.00 for the pillows, $120.00 for the sheets and I can add to that $100.00 for the special cover that they will not let me return. So there you are, $707.00 I lose on a $3000.00 purchase. So I can understand the restocking fee but they should call it something else because I doubt a mattress will be resold. I can accept the $90.00 pickup fee. Where they lose me is the pillows and the sheets. The pillows are made of the same material as the mattress so why would they refuse to take them back. They are just as hot as the bed and I can't use them. $120.00 for sheets is over the top also. It seems to me that Living Spaces makes their profit whether I keep the mattress or return it. I was aware of all of this going into it except how awful the mattress is so I have nobody to blame but myself. I have posted this to warn others that Tempur Pedic mattresses are like sleeping in an oven. The salesperson will tell you how wonderful the mattress is and never mention the heat and trust me on this, the heat is bizarre. Like a dummy I didn't ask how much a pillow or the sheets cost so there again, I can blame myself. To anyone considering a purchase I would recommend that you refuse the free pillows and free sheets or wait the 90 days to take them after you have decided to keep the mattress. That would have saved me $300.00.

• P
      Sep 18, 2010

I personally would never buy one of those mattresses due to the heat factor, but I'll let you know a few things about them. The store should let you do a re-select for free, seeing as germs are transferred into mattresses and it's very un-hygenic to resell a mattress. I suppose the sheets and pillows came free with the bed, so when you return the bed you must pay to keep those sheets and pillows (but they should let you return those as well). And you could eliminate the pick-up fee if you drop it off yourself (if they let you of course). Good luck finding a better bed!

• S
      May 22, 2016

Living spaces suck with their return policy we will never ever buy anything from them Again. We also purchased the temperpedic cloud Prima, a bed frame, and two temperpedic pillows... and hate them all!!!

Did living spaces try to work with us on returning Anything? Nope! Not at all!!

We even wondered if they are selling fake temperpedic beds... Because how can so many people love this bed.. And we can't stand it!!! And how come a full foam bed make so much noise every time we get on and off... Also... The motion transfer is ridiculous. We have had memory foam mattresses before, and we have never encountered these issues in the past.

We hate living spaces! They are crooks!!!