The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved LifeTime Fitness — contract policy is ethically wrong
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
My husband developed a really bad skin infection in March. It was so bad that he had to go to a doctor immediately. It was a staph infection.
The doctor hypothesized that one of the reasons why he developed this infection may have been because he was in a pool/or hot tub on several occasions. The only hot tub/pool that he was in was at Lifetime Fitness.
He went through hell.
So, I called Lifetime Fitness to cancel his membership on April 1st. The woman who answered the phone said to me that my husband had to be the one to cancel the contract. However, she said, ‘he could mail a letter and sign it. And the letter has to be postmarked by April 5th.’ She gave me the address on Higgins Road and I was all set to go.
The only problem was that she neglected to inform me that the letter had to be “certified.”
I mailed the letter on April 2nd with the date, my husband’s membership #, a written statement saying he wanted to cancel his membership, and his signature.
When May 1st came around, I was charged again for another month!! I was (and still am) furious!
How can this be? After everything we went through?
I did everything that Lifetime Fitness requested and I’m still paying?
Ethically it’s not right.
Now, it’s about principal. A multi-million dollar company doesn’t have $59.95 to refund a client, who may have gotten sick from their waters?
The moral of the story is that whenever signing a contract make sure you know EXACTLY how to get out of it, if you have to.
Lifetime has bad business practices and sooner or later it will be their demise.
More LifeTime Fitness Complaints & Reviews
- LifeTime Fitness - 30 day bogus cancellation policy
- LifeTime Fitness - stay away from lifetime fitness!
- LifeTime Fitness - lack of supervision!
- LifeTime Fitness - gay activity in locker not being dealt with
- LifeTime Fitness - love working there, but upset too
- LifeTime Fitness - rude! rude! rude!
- LifeTime Fitness - hot tub rash
- LifeTime Fitness - membership cancellation policy... move away or die.
- Lifetime Fitness / Romeoville IL - bully employer
- LifeTime Fitness - racism