Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club [LHVC]presidential suite false advertising and service

M Sep 03, 2019

I was looking for a great place for a first time visit to my girlfriend. I want to go to Iberostar but one of the days we wanted was not available. We decided to buy three days and two nights at the Presidential suite at the Lifestyle resort in Puerto Plata.
We arrived on August 24 and checked in. The service was messy. Three customer service persons dealing with almost hundred in a suffocating weather. We made it through and were happy to finally start a great time in a suite advertised as a great and most luxurious accommodation.
First deception: they sectioned the suite and gave us a room with a jacuzzi and a balcony. There was not even a fridge in the room. I went back to the front desk and requested to speak with a Manager. I was told that this is a suite; that I could leave if I am not satisfied. I went back to the room to discuss options with my girl. In the meantime, I need a cool place for my insulin. I called for a fridge which never arrived.
I went back to the front desk and started yelling and screaming showing a $2500 pack of insulin pens in risk of being affected by the heat. They sent a maintenance person with a fridge within minutes. We decided to go eat something since it was late in the afternoon; the restaurant next to us was only opened to VIP. We walked to another facility open to all even though were paying for accommodation in the Presidential resort.
Second deception: when we came back, we were resting while looking for a good show on TV. Mosquitos were coming from the bathroom and the front door and invaded the room. The AC was a joke. We had to use two small towers throughout the night. I called the front desk to complain but no one cares. Nobody came to spray the room or offer another accommodation.
The next day, no follow up call from the resort, no apology, no solution was offered to compensate us for the nightmare we live on our first day. I felt so ashamed. First time visiting someone I love; I want to offer her and us an exceptional time together. Instead, I had to apologize for the choice.
Third deception: This resort is full of people advertising all kind of services for the company. Each time you seek a service, someone try to sell you something and took a couple of hours from your time. We were tired of being offered services we did not want. We want to enjoy each other and spend time relaxing. That did not happen at this resort.
We couldn't find any seafood at the resort. It is only for VIP. We had to spend extra money for taxi and reserve at a seafood restaurant in town. Back at the resort, I stopped at the desk to request a spray for the mosquitos. They closed at 1100 pm. Someone from the maintenance department brought us a spray at midnight because I tipped him. We spent two hours on the balcony because of the smell before getting back in the room.
For those reading this complaint, before you book at this resort, if you still want to go, look at the many complaints against this place for misleading, credit card fraud especially on US visitors, fraudulent charges and how they use false advertising on Expedia and Trip advisor to attract American tourists. Then make your decision. If you decide to go elsewhere, that would be a small victory for us for those two days in a Presidential suite of HELL AT Lifestyle resort in Puerto Plata.