Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Travel & Vacations Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club [LHVC] fraud and cheating!
Author of the complaint
7:07 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My husband and I bought into the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club while vacationing in the Dominican Republic. The sales rep Kelvin and the manager promised all kinds of exchange opportunities, Captain's suite on all cruise lines, hundreds of sister resorts all over the globe. But when we try to book a villa at the home resort, we are always told they have none available, even 10 months in advance. After relooking at our contract, we noticed a clause that says they can't be sued for sales misrepresentations. In other words, they can tell you anything and none of it needs to be true. We've tried contacting the sales manager but we can't get past customer service. We are now stuck with 52 weeks of junior suites, not the villas we were promised we could always get at a cost of $699/week.

Update by kkourie
Feb 04, 2011 12:11 am

Oster, you sound very special. Not only had they gotten you to buy a Gold membership, you actually paid them more when you received terrible service and accomodations and upgraded to Platinum! I have a bridge to sell you... You seem very pleased they will take your email for suggestions to redecorate? Email away and please, hold your breath.

Update by kkourie
Feb 01, 2009 2:06 pm

We are planning to return to the resort to use 5 of our 60 weeks. We tried to book a villa but were told we can't, even though in our contract it says we can at $699. Anyway, we were "allotted" 2 x 1 bedroom apts. and 3 jr. suites for our group. I've requested a ground floor accomodation for my 90 year old mother in law and was told they'd "request" it. They don't give out rooms until you arrive. I am hoping for the best but am very concerned about her getting around this huge resort complex. We were also told when we signed the contract we'd get a golf cart to use. Of course, now that we are returning and requested at least one for our 10 person group, they said they are only for villas, which they wouldn't rent to me. I hope the food has improved. Not sure what passes as beef at this resort...

Helpful? 0 0

More Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club [LHVC] complaints & reviews

239 comments
May 27, 2022 7:07 am

I just got back from Cofresi/Lifestyles/Tropical/Presidential Suites...It's all the same! I fell into their lies and schemes and I have already contacted my credit card company, RCI and credit bureau. The entire team of so called "orientation representatives" are scammers and liers. Luis, Lilliana, Ramon, all of them! I was on vacation with my young son who is special needs. I got a call the second day we arrived. A nice man saying he was picking us up to take us to breakfast compliments in the golf cart. I thought to myself that was a nice thing, turns out he was taking us to the sales office. After breakfast me and my son go with this man to the office. They start selling talking and talking the girl comes and takes us around to show us all the beautiful villas that are clearly for the wealthy at 80,000 plus a so called $1000 a week to stay after purchase. I couldn't really understand them clearly since their english is broken for the most part. Luis comes in with his deal of the century. I told them I had no time my son was getting antsy and I had to leave. they continue coercing me and so on and so on. Luis charged my card an extra $350 so called credit card charge marked as "Escrow". God this story is so depressing. I went the next day to cancel and Lilliana told me if I did I would have to pay the $1600 service Fee! can you believe it? meanwhile they say you have up to 4 days to cancel. what service fee? it was like 3 sheets of paper this so called contract. I was in tears and they had no remorse. Again I'm at the office meanwhile Im suppose to be on vacation! Once I got home I cancelled my card and contacted my credit card and explained that I was scammed! They blocked lifestyles from taking any payments. Mind you, they wanted $900 more dollars thats $4600 in total. I also contacted the card in which RCI was issued and explained to them as well that I was scammed! I have both disputes pending at the moment. I have also contacted the credit bureau. These comments and information are very helpful and I will be doing more digging and praying. It's a shame that a company can get away with this! These stories plus more that I have found are very sad. The coercion and lies and scams have got to stop! I believe one day they will and it's not going to be good. Life has a way of showing restitution.

B
Nov 24, 2021 7:07 am

I experience the same as most folks in this forum. I was visiting Dubai and was greeted at the airport by their recruiters. I was sold a worthless package. When I tried canceling it, they stopped responding to my emails.

I have since been unable to contact anyone.

6 0
Apr 19, 2022 7:07 am

Yo también soy estafada

Apr 19, 2022 7:07 am

Yo también soy estafada

Apr 12, 2022 7:07 am

I called them over and over and they didn’t want to give my my $$ back even after telling me “money back guaranteed”! So I called my bank to dispute!

They LIE LIE !

Apr 12, 2022 7:07 am

They LIE LIE !

Mar 09, 2022 7:07 am

I am contacting the Federal Trade Commission, please let me know what action you all take so I can join. Thanks

Mar 09, 2022 7:07 am

can II would love to join any action against these criminals

G
Feb 05, 2022 7:07 am

LIFESTYL LUXURY VACATION CLUB is a organised criminal group based at Habtoor grand resort and Hilton in Dubai. I have been scammed 20000 dollars by them, they approach you and invite you for a discussion and tell you that if you sign a membership agreement then you will be paying only 250 dollars for the full week, but after you pay the money you you find out that you have to pay the full price of the room and service fees. They are very skilled to trick people. Please follow our instagram page called LLVC-STOP_STOP_THE_SCAM, and also our WhatsApp called LLVC SCAMMED GROUP. We planning a collective action against those criminals.

27 9
Sep 08, 2021 7:07 am

The same happened to me, they told me something and there is another thing in the contract. I just want to cancel this contract, do anyone know what I can do?

11 0
Nov 03, 2021 7:07 am

[email protected] contact them ! is a law firm in Dom. Republic that represents me and many others, they prepared a class action. Maybe you can still join them.

5 2
Jul 25, 2021 7:07 am

The same thing just happened to me. I was promised villas which is the main reason I bought in but now I’m being told that I don’t qualify for villas. This was certainly not the case when I signed the contract.

5 0
Nov 03, 2021 7:07 am

Yashira, together we are stronger. Join the class action against LHVC so we all can get the money back. Look at this: https://www.arecoa.com/hoteles/2021/07/19/proconsumidor-ordena-al-grupo-hotelero-lifestyle-devolver-clientes-mas-us384669/

I
Aug 07, 2021 7:07 am

LHVC are also promoting in Dubai and offered me 30 weeks in 30 years for $4000. They were so desperate to take any amount in advance. They also promised me the villas will be available. I feel like I dodged a bullet but surely wasted 2 hours of my vacation on their BS.

Apr 21, 2020 7:07 am

My name is Aubrey Cox. My cc is cc1041.

There were fraudulent entries on my credit card, and card number has been changed and a new card has been issued by my bank.

The credit card number has changed. Please contact me [email protected], or [protected].

My payment is dependent on the new card number.

R
Nov 05, 2019 7:07 am

I can attest to the lies of the salespeople from this place. It's on their veins, it's their culture... They lie, deceive and trick you as many times it takes to sell you on a new membership or upgrade membership. I have been lied to on ALL of the times I've gone by different people and different places (Puerto Plata, Punta Cana and Cancun). This last time I asked the sales manager for his business card or contact info multiple times and every time gave me an excuse. The last thing they want is for you to contact them after they've lied to you. THIS SCAM HAS TO STOP!

The complaints are not only on the sales department but that's where it begins. They have managed to build a facade of luxury and PURPOSELY cut back on the most important aspect of any company... Their systems and customer service.

If you haven't noticed they don't even have a way for you to book your vacation online, not even for their members! You have to chat, fill out a form and wait up to 5 days for a confirmation. Moreover they never have villas available as they have oversold it on purpose and continue to do it.

Customer Service is a joke, they simply follow orders and protocols from corporate which maintains this SCAM going through the Facade. It is so ridiculous to think that ALL of this can be stopped with a dedicated effort and a little bit of money. They recently bought a Rolls Roice for the top members to maintain the facade and do not invest on a simple booking system required for even the cheapest hotel anywhere in the world.

Do not fall for this SCAM and voice your concerns here and other places. The more people complaint, the more international authorities will step in, since local authorities and politicians have been bought by them. Simply google "lifestyle holidays vacation club lawsuit" - Good luck!

Sep 24, 2019 7:07 am

First I want everybody to know that I am not a member of this Club I have been only Part of a Group having been on a weekend at Amsha Marina In Sosua . A guy came to my Friends and told them if we want to he would get us to cabarete where this Hotelgroup did open a new Facility. We could go there enjoy some Food and enjoy some Drinks at the Bar and the pool . We get to Cabarete and as i did expect not believing the Promotors Words we did stop in front of Livestyle Holiday Vacation Club . The first Question : why a Company has to use a Lie to get people on a Promotion Tour ? Since we arrived we where bound to a guy who did not stop with the typical sales tactic of driving even the Criticals to positive answers building everything on: Image You can... He did show us a Penthouse but did not tell us any Cost of the miracle doing to become an associate (never did talk to become a member ) and telling us that he did refuse people to become an associate, even Millionaires. What a Tactic! So finally after some Food and a walk around where we also got showed a junior Suite till a 3 bedroom apartment include naming the Cost and stating the members can book for their Friends to go there . After it a ( Minute Video what did remind me on being ones at a Herbalife Presentation where they also did create Air castles but nothing is true! I went even more skeptical but went with the flow . So this deal did end in an offer 23 K for an unlimited Membership . The Things have been so irritating that afterwards nobody did really know if allinclusive is in there or not and what is the VIP right . So they seperadet us from the Couple they had convinced with the offer to not pay 23 K only pay the Tax and have 17 years of Contract time with the right on 7 Weeks of Vacation after stating 122 Days he did state this are 7 weeks 9 as far as my calculation go that would make a 17 Weeks not only 7 . What the finally deal has been i do not know and we will see what comes out. The Promoter told us that he will grant the whole Group a Visit to Cofresi where we can look at all Facilities able to eat and drink everywhere . Well it has been not exactly that way . At the Bar we learned that the Tanqueray and Bombay Sapphire we had the Day before in Cabarete where we got told that at all their Hotels they have a bar sorted like this . THAT WAS ANOTHER LIE ! As far as Restaurants we did see only a snack place nothing more . So there was that nice Beach only VIP and very little Customers there . The Bar we have been from the Beginning had some People but the Bar right at the Beach close to none . We have beeen promised that we could look at all their Facilities over in Cofresi but we did not see much of it . Now we will see if our Friends will get the cheap Flights or Cruise Weeks, or if they can have the Week with their Friends we will all see ... The Day at the Beach at Livestyle Resort has been a good day we did enjoy and i keep hoping that My friends will get what they have been promised ...

Jul 23, 2019 7:07 am

Does anyone know if that class action suit is still proceeding? I was scammed out of $50k+. total BS I was given. Those Austrians are good swindlers, but I want retribution.

Jun 30, 2019 7:07 am

I've been asking to cancel my contract and for a refund of my deposit in full based on misrepresentation and fraudulent claims the membership was sold on.

Jul 24, 2021 7:07 am

has anything ever come of this i would like to do the same!
thank you for any information you can provide

4 0
May 17, 2019 7:07 am

Oh, if there is a class action, I would join simply because of being miss informed on the last time I upgraded then wanted to cancel the next day. I was not allowed to or would have to pay the cost of $1, 200 for their paper work, you are not told that before they sign, I was told 3 days to read and cancel and I showed up the very next day and had to go through a lot of nonsense. Gave me a free week at the new resort, didn't tell me that I still had to pay the all inclusive at $85 per head $1, 990 is not a free week! If I had realized it would've been better to have lost the $1, 200 than the $5, 500 they took for the upgrade!

May 17, 2019 7:07 am

I've been a member for almost 10 years and I have had 50/50, I've upgraded 3 times but still not to the villa stage as for me it is not necessary as I only go with 2-4 people. The staff are very accommodating, management isn't always. Yes I too was promised more than what I got, but it has not stopped me from visiting at least once a year but not always on my membership. Many websites offer this resort at a great price, ok you will not get all the membership benefits but it depends on how high your chest is. I can manage on the hotel customer prices, sometimes the rooms are not great and I have had to ask to be changed and they have done so on request every time. One thing that really got me was the price per head, that is where the money goes. I'm going in August for 5 days, 3 adults and 3 children. Don't like the fact that I have to pay $65 per day for a 13 year old and a 21 year old who does not eat much at all or even touch alcohol when I think how much food I could buy for a month never mind a week for what we have to pay it does seem extortionate and when you first join they do tell you that you don't have to take the all inclusive but when you chose not to they tell you on the smaller rooms you have to. This is where they got me big time and the fee per head was $50 when I first joined and it is now $65 at the cheapest! Still love the place and you can see where they put the money, every time I go I see improvements or new buildings, just wish the cost wouldn't keep rising and that what was promised was received. I was promised a cart but because I don't have a villa it has always been denied. I put it to exercise and just walk around or catch one of the frequent buses on the site.

Apr 08, 2019 7:07 am

From the looks of all these comments, looks like they're still in business. I wish my wife and I took a good look at these comments before giving out our money. The unfortunate part about all of this is that there was no services to check the rating comments when we were signing away our money.

For the most part, every comment is true. Sales rep sell you a dream. Even if you ask a question a million times in a million different ways they will find a way to scam you. They got me and I'm Dominican (SMH)!

This package is a scam straight up. RIght now I'm fighting for my money back because I have been in communication with the marketing department to assure my clear communication with these scammers. Worst comes to worst I would have only lost 1000 and ill keep in mind for the rest of my life to never fall for this scam again.

Instead of making my extra comments I will agree with everything negative everyone stated on these reviews. I agree 100% and feel very discontented with the outcome of it. The place is beautiful but the package is far from the truth when you can locate better and cheaper packages online yourself.

TIP: DO IT YOURSELF> NO NEED FOR TIMESHARE ITS A WASTE OF TIME> ESPECIALLY THIS "LIFESTYLE COLLECTIONS RESORT"

Mar 13, 2019 7:07 am

There are a few things that we feel misled about in reference to our membership. When we signed up for the membership we were told by Luis and his supervisor that we were guaranteed a room at our level of membership whenever we would like. We asked in every way imaginable to verify this was the case since we travel very last minute. After stressing that we fly very last minute we were told we could show up today and be guaranteed at least a Junior Suite, as that was our membership level. We were also told we would have the option of upgrading to a villa. The gentlemen that we met with also told us that we could use our membership to rent rooms out for guests to earn our initial buy in back over time. He told us we could book up to 10 rooms at a time for the same dates. It was with the intention of having our wedding at the resort as well as reserving rooms for guests as a source of income that we agreed to the membership.

Since joining the LHVC family we have tried several times to make reservations and been unsuccessful each time. First, November 13th 2018 we tried to set up a reservation for a Villa for January 19th 2019 to January 21st 2019. We were told there were no villas a available for those dates. We accepted that and didn’t think twice about it. However, November 14th 2018 we tried to make a reservation for a villa from March 18th 2019 through March 23rd 2019 and were also told there was not a villa available. At this time I messaged the orientation team asking why no villas were ever available. It was explained to me that while we were members, we were not villa members and the villas were reserved for members at the villa level. If I wanted to reserve a villa, I would have to wait until it was less than 30 days away to do so. This was not what we were initially told, but we accepted that and went on believing in our membership.

February 14th 2019 we tried to make a last minute reservation for a Junior Suite from the 15th to the 17th. We were told all rooms were full and we were unable to stay in any room. We explained to them when we signed up we were told we were guaranteed a room at our level any time we wanted and that included last minute reservations. They told us that we were not guaranteed a room, but “given priority” and since it was so last minute, and everything was already full there was nothing they could do. We decided to make reservations further in advance and on February 21st we tried to make a reservation for a Junior Suite from April 20th to April 22nd. We were again told there were no rooms in the whole resort available for those dates. Now this is two months in advance, and we have come a long way from “you are guaranteed a room at your level, ” “you can show up tomorrow and you’re guaranteed a room” to nothing is available two months out.

March 7th I called to see about a villa being available from March 18th through the 23rd since it was now within the 30 days I had previously been told we were allowed to check on villas. No villas were available. I sent an online reservation request for a junior suite. At 4pm I received an email saying there was not enough information “to proceed with the reservation.” The morning of the 8th I sent an email requesting the reservation request be cancelled as I had not received a confirmation yet and I had not supplied any additional information about our guest. At 1:36pm on the 8th I received a response saying not to worry, that the reservation had been cancelled. On March 11th we tried to book a junior suite from April 25th through April 29th and were told it was only available April 21st to the 27th. Again, we mentioned how when we signed up we asked specifically if we could do last minute travel and we were told we were “guaranteed” at least the level of membership that we bought in to. This is now the 6th time in the last 5 months that we have tried to make a reservation and been unable to get the dates we request.
On March 11th we asked again to cancel and were told that it is passed the timeframe we are allowed to cancel in. March 12th I requested both versions of our contract (the updated one from December as well as the original) and a copy of all documents that were signed. On March 12th we noticed that on the 11th we were charged the full service fee of the reservation that did not have enough info, was cancelled, and had never been confirmed. Upon bringing this to the attention of our representative we were told they do not offer refunds and the fee was waived since it was canceled within 30 days of the reservation.

We were also told about RCI and InTravel making over 300, 000 resorts worldwide accessible to us at a discounted rate. We have used InTravel for a couple of our last-minute travels and each of the hotels we have stayed at has been a dump with poor reviews. The pictures on InTravel look amazing, but if you look up the properties and read the real customer reviews, they are very poor. Also, we booked a trip to Cancun based on staying at an all-inclusive resort from InTravel. The conformation we got from them showed the room we booked, as well as the all-inclusive package. Upon arriving at the resort they informed us we only paid for the room and the all inclusive portion was not included. They said we could simply have someone form I.T. call them to verify the reservation should have included the AI option. After 5 or 6 phone calls and literally hours on the phone we gave up on getting anyone form I.T. to call the resort and straighten out the error.

As for RCI, every time we are planning a trip or a last-minute getaway (as we told Luis and his supervisor we frequently do) there are no resorts or hotels available for our dates when we check RCI. We have been members for four months now and this is the fourth time we have tried to make a reservation at the Puerto Plata location. We have tried 4-5 times to make a reservation with RCI only to have nothing available for our dates. We have stayed with InTravel two or three times and each time been disappointed in the cleanliness and quality of the hotel. Not to mention the time they forgot to include the all-inclusive option on our reservation.

This is not what we were told we would be getting and not what we agreed to purchase. We were planning on having our wedding at the resort in January, however, we are now unsure there will be any rooms available. Even if we try to reserve them 6 months in advance, we will need 35-40 rooms and there are no guarantees we will have enough rooms for our guests. Being that we joined the Vacation Club for our last-minute travels, to make money having guests stay, and to have our wedding in the Caribbean, but none of those things seem plausible at this point. We requested to cancel back in November so they gave us a discounted package and updated our contract in December. We requested to cancel again and were told we were past the time frame of cancelling.

Please include us in the lawsuit as well as we have had nothing but terrible experiences since we signed up.

O
Dec 11, 2018 7:07 am

Our starter to the cart was malfunctioning from the day we got it. On day 3 it would not start the cart. They told us we got the starter wetland would not fix or replace it until we gave them $100 cash. My husband was able to adjust the battery inside.

L

Before I purchased they said I could book but now they have my money nothing is available

Oct 31, 2018 7:07 am

I WOULD THINK TWICE BEFORE SENDING YOUR PRIVATE AND PERSONAL INFORMATION TO A SUPPOSED "LEGAL FIRM" THAT YOU DONT KNOW AND HAVE NO IDEA WHO IS BEHIND THE EMAIL.

ITS 2018 PEOPLE - WAKE UP!

Jul 31, 2018 7:07 am

In 2016 we bought a $10K membership with LHVC in cancun, since we are not interested in Dominican Republic, they told us that they have an agreement with Oasis Hotel and we will have Junio Suite forever just paying $299. Now we are trying to return to Cancun, they just told us that their agreement with Oasis is not longer available, now they have ALL RITMO.

ALL INCLUSIVE is mandatory at ALL RITMO and we must pay between $79-$159) per night, per person, if we are two for a week the cost will be $948-299= $649

We live in California, I would like what we can do with this, so far we already paid $7, 000
PLEASE HELP US.

Feb 28, 2018 7:07 am

Dear members,

We are a law firm specialized in protecting consumers and have been recently receiving complaints about fraud by LHVC (Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club) in the US and the Dominican Republic.
As we have seen on the forum, that you could also be a victim, we wanted to inform you that we will be preparing a class-action lawsuit and are getting in touch with people willing to share information and participate in the lawsuit.
We have filed criminal charges with the relevant court in Austria already (as the owner of LHVC is an Austrian Citizen), and will now be starting legal action in the United States and the Dominican Republic.
Should you be interested in supporting and joining us in the pursuit, please let us know as soon as possible. We will be acting quickly, in order to make sure this business model is stopped, and the money returned to the people.

Very important: Please note, that there are no financial implications for you.

We will be sharing all information about progress with you. We just need to know if you want to join this cause and would appreciate your earliest response.
If you have any question or concerns, call us or please email us.

LHVC Action Group

+49 (0) 30 [protected]
[email protected]
www.weyerlegal.com
Lützowufer 1,
10785 Berlin

Oct 31, 2018 7:07 am

SHOW ME PAST CASES YOU HAVE WON? HOW DO WE KNOW YOU ARE CREDIBLE?

Oct 24, 2017 7:07 am

We bought two vacations and now that we are attempting to redeem them, the number that we call constantly rings off the hook, then disconnects. How do we get our money back, or is there some type of class action lawsuit that we can join due to their fraud? The number that we call is [protected]

Jul 25, 2017 7:07 am

If you would like advice on how to get out of your timeshare you can call me at [protected]

Jul 19, 2017 7:07 am

I, unfortunately, bought a vacation club from Lifestyle Holiday Vacation Club while at Cofresi Palm Beach and Spa Resort in Puerto Plata, DR. The staff were wonderful, friendly, warm people. Just awesome people. The place is beautiful. The Dominican Republic is a very poor country, poorer than I had imagined. I am glad that LHVC provides employment for ALOT of people. But I feel that LHVC, like many corporations, is causing the employees to use unethical business practices to STAY employed. So it causes me a moral dilemma--if I go after them, what happens to the good and fine folk who need the employment to support their families, but it is not fair to tourists who are whisked off to a "meeting" the first day of their vacation stay --- they KNOW that by the time you get home the four day cancellation period is OVER. I have hired a company to help me cancel the contract and to fight Barclay Credit Card company. LHVC put the whole payment on Barclay card, so LHVC has their money, and I am in debt. WORST FINANCIAL MISTAKE EVER! I am very frugal, and careful, don't understand why I said yes... If you go there...just say NO to buying a
vacation club.
-A Lady in Debt

Jul 07, 2017 7:07 am

I'm not sure how our experience seems to be so different from others. Since purchasing our " membership" in 2014, we have been back alone and with friends at least half a dozen times. We are more than satisfied with the accommodations, service, and quality. We have become friendly with other Shareholder level people; all of whom have agreed that it was the best decision we ever made. So far since buying, we have only had to pay airfare for the entire week since they gave us $5000 yearly on a voucher to spend on villa and food costs. It still seems like a great deal, and they treat us like royalty.

0 3
Oct 24, 2017 7:07 am

you are a plant and work for them.

Jul 20, 2017 7:07 am

Which resort do you go to? Do you go to Cofresi Palm Beach and Spa Resort in Puerto Plata, DR?

Mar 28, 2017 7:07 am

Hi sorry so long in response I just checked back here in curiousity. Thankfully I did the same as you and disputed with the credit card companies. Although I did cancel within the 4 day period they give I am not sure if that helped with the dispute. The resort didn't respond to my dispute at all although they had 30 or 60 days to do so (worst 30 days of my life) waiting to here the final decision of dispute. Thankfully I won the dispute but again not sure if the resort didn't answer due to me cancelling within the allowed time frame. I think the credit cards know this is a scam and when I reported my dispute I made sure to keep repeating that the whole thing was scam. I definitely learned my lesson and positive thing out of it 2 credit cards with high limits which uped my score! Good luck I hope you get it resolved and it's one less person they get to rob!

Jun 16, 2017 7:07 am

Can you please email me at [email protected] to give me any kind of advice on getting your credit card company to waive the charge from these crooks. I was denied 1st dispute but trying again not giving up!
Diane

Hello,
i read your complain about the LHVC. Where you able to cancel your contract?
We purchased ours Oct 6, 2016 when we went to Cancun. Me and my husband was intoxicated by the alcohol they offered and got excited with the way they presented to us the package of what they offered.
To make my story short, we signed the agreement without reading it.
When we got home, we read the contract and that was the time we realized that there's a lot of misleading information the way they presented to us the membership compare to the agreement.
I emailed them to cancel our membership on the 5 or 6th day after signing the agreement. Somebody by the name of Vance Paul talked to me and offered me lower weekly rate and additional primary member that i wanted to add. He sent me another agreement to sign. We did not sign it until today.
We cannot trust this company again after all the lies and misleading information.
I talked to Vance Paul last Oct 29, 2016 and told him to cancel our membership and we will just pay the cancellation fee but i was told that we are beyond the 4 calendar day cancellation period in which they did not informed us and just made us sign in a different booklet.
That night, me and my husband decided to make the first step that we must do. We cancelled and closed the 2 credit cards they opened for us and report a dispute.
We don't know what will happen. We are just waiting for the update of the bank.
I have this traumatic feeling everytime i hear the word Cancun. Instead of happy feeling, what i feel is fear and heavy heart.
What happened to your case? What steps did you do? Thank you. Hope to hear from you

Michelle of NJ
[email protected]

Jul 20, 2017 7:07 am

Michelle, I feel the same way - the heavy heart and fear and feeling like something is terribly wrong...
Four days is ridiculous. Apparently, Timeshares even in USA have very short - like a few days- cancellation periods. The whole timeshare industry seems to be very much a scam.

Oct 17, 2016 7:07 am

Hi !Same, same story here.That is true that no one is forcing you to buy, but they could be very pushy and insisting.My question is if anyone rent their unit.Because we were told that we could make our money by renting...like :vacation rental or flip key.Those are sight you renting your property not this.
We bought 2 bedroom royal suite.Sure I would love to get any money back but I think my hope are very slim.

Jan 17, 2010 7:07 am

My mother had seen Lifestyile advertisement on TV and said that might be what I was looking for. So I called a she told us about the procedure and how it would be so easy and possibly go to work the next day. Need I say more, I did not go to work the next day. I went about a week later. I was in pain but I had expected some. I cleaned all the wounds the way I should, took the antibiotics, etc. I noticed that I was not getting better. I kept getting a scabby area in an area on my neck where there was no cutting and it kept getting bigger. I had lipo suction done on my neck area. The infection came through the skin it looked like it. My ears did not want to heal, which I have pictures. I called and went in. They treated me like I was deceased, did not want me to get near people. They prescribed me clindamycin strong antibiotic. I asked why I was getting this infection and no one would give me a direct answer. I asked if it could have happened during the surgery but they said nothing like I never asked the question. I was rushed out of the office as fast as they could get me out. I was also told the person had over booked the day I had the surgery and that they were totally swamped that day. I was suppose to have my appointment a week later but they called me early so I am went in a week early. If I had of waited, I believe that I would not have gotten the infection due to them rushing through the procedure. They did me wrong and I would never recommend anyone to them. My mom thought about it and told her not to even think about it. I had recommended a friend at work to go and took it back, told she does not want to do that. I have been contacted for my mother once, told them she will not step foot into that place. Money is all they are interested in and do not care about the person, if you want to feel like a piece of meat and spend your money then go. It has been a year since I had this procedure and I am still upset about what happened, but they won’t let me see the doctor which I had asked to see the first time I went and called a couple weeks later and said that he could was too busy at this time but someone else could help me. WELL, I did not call back.

Jun 18, 2016 7:07 am

Lifestyles Holidays Vacation Club (VHVC) are out of Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic but they are expanding and starting to go to other locations like Cancun. Their representatives will make all kinds of promises of great rooms, experience, food, and VIP treatment but they are all lies. We bought into their promises and got the total opposite. They show you beautiful rooms but know that their is no guarantee that you will get one like that. They make you pay for all-incluse daily and it ends up costing you thousands of dollars! They are scamming a lot of people out of money and since they are out of the Dominican Republic it is very hard to take legal action. Do yourself a favor and book through anyplace else like expedia.com or Airbnb.com (great rooms for great prices) instead of going through them. It is really all a scam just to get money out of people you end up paying more for you trip going through them. The pictures and videos they show you is not what you get.

Jun 05, 2016 7:07 am

My family and I just came back from a week at Lifestyles. We own a time share that we traded thru RCI to go there. While the resort is lovely to look at the sales force is out if full. It got so intrusive that my husband basically gave them the impression that he had limited time and he just wanted to enjoy what he had left with his family not doing sales presentations (I know - terrible thing to say) The sad part was not even that stopped them from offering a 3 bedroom villa for $23, 000 right now. This place is out to take every dollar they can get from anyone they can get it from.

I think that the thing to do is to contact the US Ambassador to Dominican Republic. http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/contact.html is the website. The Ambassadors name is James (Wally) Brewster. For people for other countries contact your Ambassador. Show them this page and tell them your story. Good luck everyone.

Jun 03, 2016 7:07 am

We have experienced the same problems as everyone else. I think the only solution is a class action suit using a Dominican attorney. If anyone is interested in joining this effort, please contact me at [email protected]

Mar 13, 2019 7:07 am

It does not allow me to see your email and I would very much like to join your class-action lawsuit. Please email me at Aavery @ nwhealth .edu (without spaces) and I will send you my story. Thank you.

May 20, 2016 7:07 am

I too am dealing with the same issues. I told them I wanted to cancel. I was told I was within the cancellation period of 4 days from purchase but that there would be a fee of 4, 500 plus anything they gave me while at their hotel. I revived a ride to the airport and one dinner at there restaurant. They also said that canceling was up to their legal team and that I would here from them. I emailed a cancellation letter and mailed one certified mail. I did this yesterday and am waiting for a response. If anyone has any info that might help it would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 27, 2016 7:07 am

I have been trying to book a vacation for two years and they haven't found a place for me and another thing is if you want to make a reservation in any other place it has to go trough them and they charge you a fee of $1000 dollars that is on top of the price of the accommodation. They are thief.

Apr 01, 2016 7:07 am

I was scammed by a Vacation club called Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club. In reading on internet it looks like a lot of other people have also been scammed. The sales person offered to buy off the vacation club we were currently paying for if we bought into Lifestyles instead. After we got home and sent them the information on our current vacation club, so they could pay it off and take it, they said that we instead had to pay it off and send them the rights to it, in addition to paying for their Vacation Club. I would like to find, or start, a class action Law suit on these people.

Mar 31, 2016 7:07 am

Would really like some help. My husband & I just went to the Dom for a week. First time any where for us. We were talked into the 2 year unlimited for $999. My question is this. After the 2 years are we done. Or will it automatically charge another $999 to our credit card? They made every thing sound so good. But I don't even know if we will ever get to go in another holiday. Please any advise/ info would. Be helpful.

Dec 22, 2012 7:07 am

The grand buffet in fayetteville ga is a terrible place to go. Every time I went there I always have problems with their customer service. They are rude, they assume that they know better the you, the have lied to me and when I ask to speak to a manager it either a he or she and the supposedly manager is never there.

There is no info online as to who founded the place or who owns it. And when the try to tell you to let them hear your complaint or leave a number they ignore you the minute they dont like what you hear and somehow the number you left for management to contact you just got up and walked off. They were rude to my 8 year old son and they seem to discriminate against color.

Every time an african american come in they play that hip hop music and treat them like kings but if someone hispanic or white comes in they get treated like cattle, just brushing them off.

Never will I refer any one to that restaurant again and never will I go back there again.

Mar 11, 2016 7:07 am

i am also in the same situation i purchased a membership for $10, 000.00 last year in may and i have not yet used their services at all i would like to terminate membership and would like to recuoperate my losses my email is [email protected] if anyone can recommend a lawyer that is willing to take my case i would like to be a part of this united we can stop this scam.

Feb 03, 2016 7:07 am

Complaint on Lifestyles vacation club we purchased the two year trial vacation club in October 2015. That gave us two vouchers to redeem for seven days at any Lifestyle Properties. We called lifestyle holidays travel club to redeem our voucher that was charged to our Mastercard. I called [protected] to book our vacation. When I asked to redeem our travel vouchers for the both of us to go to Puerto Plata the representative did not know anything about our travel voucher they gave us for signing up trying lifestyle holiday travel club. For the last couple of months I have been trying to redeem the vouchers and book our travel we paid for. I have spoken to Jeremy extension 4428 who was eager to help until I gave him my voucher number he transferred me to another rep named Daniel Delacruz who transferred me to an answering machine that does not take massages and just hangs up. It is suppose to be the number to the resort. I also called the resort direct and they do not have any records of our voucher we paid for. The lifestyle holiday vacation club program will not own up to the agreement or honor the voucher we paid for. I have spent many hours over a dozen phone calls trying to get them to honor and redeem the services we paid for. We feel we have been scammed and demand our money back. Do not be fooled by ALL the promises and VIP service lifestyles travel club makes during their presentation. They do not deliver. They just took our money $999.00 dollars and we have no vacation to show for it. Tammy

Jan 27, 2016 7:07 am

It's a complete scam, I just want my money back. Does anyone knows how to go about this? I really regret the decision of getting into this.

Dec 13, 2015 7:07 am

Glad we didn't buy.We listened But was pretty sure it was too good to be true.We even asked if we could do some research on them and get back with them when we returned back to the US they said we could only buy in Dominican and not the US. Bingo that was the light that said Hell no.Sorry yall got scammed.

Nov 19, 2015 7:07 am

My husband and i recently purchased a time share from lifestyle vacation under the premise that they would buy our old timeshare, which they haven't and won't according to them. i'm protesting the deposit with my credit card company but i'm not holding my breathe. i figure i have three options. file for bankruptcy, lose my deposit and don't pay them another dime and see if they take me to court, or try to borrow or find the money to pay off one of the timeshare so i can afford the other one on a monthly basis. either way i'm so disappointed cause i did enjoy myself at the resort, but i don't want to go back cause i feel i might get arrested . i would want to stand in front of the tower and warn everybody not to believe anything those freaking people say. i would tell everybody i met at the resort to say no cause you will regret it especially if you already have a time share, cause they lie lie lie. if anybody had any positive recourse regarding this situation please post cause a lot of us need help

Oct 09, 2015 7:07 am

We purchased a Platinum membership (40 years UNLIMITED, Villa Package). We have been every year for the past 4 years since we purchased. Absolutely no issues with the Puerto Plata location. It's our favorite. Never any issues getting the villas. In January 2016 we are going to the Presidential Suites in Punta Cana. Returned from the Cancun locations this past spring (I will say my only complaint on that location is that they offered presidential suite accommodations, but the resort we were at only had Junior Suites. They ended up giving me a week of villa level accommodations through RCI (which I have not yet arranged). We have always received a golf cart in Puerto Plata and top notch service.

I hate to say it, but It seems that if a person tried to "invest" in the smallest package, it will have the smallest return. We stepped up and went one step below shareholder and we could not be happier. Two months after our investment with Lifestyles, they helped me arrange a room at a resort in Phoenix AZ for one week. It costs me our villa fee and had I paid for the room without lifestyles help, it would have been $369 PER NIGHT. I stayed 7 nights for just under $1, 000. They also arranged a condo in Steamboat Springs for us for the same fee. Had I reserved that without Lifestyles help, I would have paid $5, 000 for the week. I do know the villa fees are higher now that they were 4 years ago, so those of you who are quoting $699 must have signed up prior to that.

Again, you get what you pay for. If you tried to cut corners, you are just going to get the basic hotel room level of accommodations and those do not come with ANY perks. Keep in mind that they do allow you to upgrade your membership (and you can often negotiate that for a reasonable price). We had them write into our contract that if they added any levels of membership between ours and SH, we got an automatic jump in our membership. I do contract negotiations for a living, so I know that our contract is rock solid. No stone unturned. I suggest you all go back and this time, take the tour again with the intention of "upgrading" your current membership and then make sure you have all the loose ends tidied up and in black and white before you sign! Then, enjoy!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

57 complaints