Krystal International Vacation Club [KIVC] Logo

Krystal International Vacation Club [KIVC]

Having problems with Krystal International Vacation Club [KIVC]?

Krystal International Vacation Club [KIVC] Customer Service Contacts

+52 322 226 0700 (Customer Service)
+52 322 226 0747 (Puerto Vallarta)
Avenida de las Garzas S/N, Zona Hotelera Norte, Jalisco
Puerto Vallarta
Mexico - 48333

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Krystal International Vacation Club [KIVC] Customer Service. Initial Krystal International Vacation Club [KIVC] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Krystal International Vacation Club [KIVC] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Krystal International Vacation Club [KIVC]. Discuss the issues you have had with Krystal International Vacation Club [KIVC] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Mar 07, 2020

Krystal International Vacation Club [KIVC] — Timeshare

To: Krystal International Vacation Club (Cancun, Mexico) From: Ronald and Nancy Bastien 28 Royal Estate...

Krystal International Vacation Club — Fraudulent vacation club program

We've been scammed by Krystal Internal Vacation Club in Cancun. My husband and I went on our honey moon in...

Krystal International Vacation Club Pv Mexicotimeshare scam

my husband and I were on our first vacation to mexico feb 2013, we were approached at the super market down the street by a man who called himself hector the protector, told we could get a free whale watching tour for listening to a hour presentation at krystal. we were sent off to the office in back with a salesman named Jim Luhrs (an American) he plied us with drinks and put the high pressure sales to us after hours of saying no to the timeshares, he came up with we would not have to even stay there and with the help of a company named van com(we found out a bogus company) we would eventually be able to pay off the timeshares and make some money so it was a good investment. we still said no but this man was very persistent, and eventually we agreed and signed.we were to receive our first monies in nov 2013, last month (july) I got a bad feeling and decided to check on things, that's when we found out van com was no longer going. so we contacted krystal, we told them about the lies their salesman told us and asked to have our contract canceled considering the unethical and fraudulent circumstances it was signed. of course they refused . we are now disputing it with our credit card and we are writing a letter to profeco. needless to say I am having a breakdown over this. they should be sued for not only financial damages but emotional as well. someone suggested a class action suit, I'd be up for it. this winter we were going to go back to mexico, but have such bitterness against the whole place we are going to cuba instead. If all this fails we will pay off the mastercard, chop it and let the chips fall were they may. any helpful advice would be welcome.

RoseWaissbluth Oct 11, 2013

Timeshare scams are HUGE problem in Mexico. We purchased a Royal Elite Timeshare last year. We were promised all kinds of opportunity, while they kept serving us cold Coronas. Between HSI, RCI, and Royal Elite it seems that this is all a scam. We initially made three payments of $800, and now after Royal Elite has made a mistake with their collections back in the end of 2008, Monterey Financial has been threatening to send me to court to recover the unpaid portion ever since. Royal Elite is almost impossible to contact. This has become a huge pain, and a troubling financial burden. These are more complaints made on the Royal Elite timeshare resorts:

We will not go down without a fight. We are working now with PROFECO and will continue to haunt them

• Pa
      Pauline Fletcher Jun 26, 2015

contact me as I am working for a client that was also ripped off by this person Pauline Fletcher [protected]

Krystal International Vacation ClubFraudulent sales practices

I and my husband, on July, 05, 2010 had been trapped of fraudulent Krystal International Vacation Club.
    When we and our son got thru customers in Cancun, we were surrounded by many people who wants to drive us to our resort. We agree go with one of driver who works for Krystal Resort. He make us to come for 75 minutes presentation, but extended to over 3 hours. Mr Rafael Spiting introduced himself as one of partners of Krystal Resort.
    He was very charming and smooth, fast talking and full of knowledge how to make money of rental.
    We expressed to Rafael Spiting that we were not interested in purchasing into the Club Vacation because we have already Horizon of Marriott Timeshare and we can’t have second. After continuous decline, he wrote on Rental Application Form that would make for 3 years rental $26, 600 even end of 2010 would make $10, 000 and will buy my Horizon Timeshare for $18, 000. Mr Rafael repeats many times that rental is GUARANTEED. He gave us “False Contract” as investment with his signature that show for 3 years rental. We believed his Guaranteed Rental Program is true.

When we came back to United State I contact him by e-mail regarding the rental, never got answer. When I e-mail with question about rent to Quality Assurance, Martha Gonzalez answered that the contract that signed out not promised any rental. Basically this contract # CHCC 9233 that we signed and another “contract” was built on lies, and it was presented to us as NOT Time Share but was presented exclusively as a property investment with high profit returns.
    After 3 hours lies by Mr Rafael Spiting he made us tried and stupid and he succeeded because we signed the contract that didn’t have any promise that he spoke about it to us.
    As a consumer we have right to receive sufficient and truthful information about the product acquired
    (articles 32, 33 & 34 of the Federal Consumer Protection Law of Mexico). The Krystal Club purposely
    Misrepresented their product.

Finally, we decided to talk about Krystal International Vacation Club sales tactics are intentional, unethical, fraudulent, deceitfully and misleading, this type of action is illegal every where as possible.
    We are still seeking to be our funds reversed to my credit card and the whole contract #CHCC-9233 totaling amount #10.205 be is cancelled and voided.

Jane78 Aug 05, 2013

I know how you feel, and it seems like this is a common problen in Mexico. I purchased a travel program through Sandos Playacar at Royal Elite Timeshare Resort in Playa del Carmen last March and I requested to cancel within the 5 day grace period but they still have not refunded my down payment of over $9000 US dollars. I have been in touch with people there and they say they are working the process but it takes time. It has now been almost 5 months and I am losing faith they will ever pay me back. This is another forum with more complaints about this company:

I believe we should do something about it, as I understand Mexican regulations forbid the offering of gifts, free vacation certificates or any other promotion strategies without informing the consumer the specific purpose of the offer. I want to complaint with PROFECO about this, and get my money back

Beach vendorsFraudulent Designer Purses

We stayed at the Krystal International Vacation Club last week at the Puerto Vallarta resort, and had an OK experience at the resort. We spend much of our time at the beach in front of the resort, mostly because we didn't understand the bus system enough to venture far from the hotel.
      I was approached by someone selling designer purses while I was sunbathing at the Krystal beach, he had a lot of nice bags. I purchased one of his Gucci bags for $100 USD - a good deal I thought.
      When I left the country, my bag started to fall apart at the seams. I took the bag to a Gucci store and the lady said it was fake! Krystal should take better care of their guests, and not allow beach vendors to sell fake items on their beach.
      We were scammed by someone we thought that the KIVC people had screened. I don't think its right that they let people buy fake goods right under the resort.

• To
          Toby Rutherford May 30, 2012

LOL where do you pay $100 for a real Gucci handbag?? Obviously a beach vendor selling purses would be selling fakes. Get real.

• To
          Toby Rutherford May 30, 2012

And why is it the Krystal timeshare company's fault that independent beach vendors are selling counterfeit garments.

• Do
          Donnie Bishop Oct 17, 2012

OMG so its the resort's fault that you bought a GUCCI purse on a Mexican beach for $100!?! Common sense would tell you that the chances of a mexican beach vendor selling authentic Gucci - or any brand name - is slim to non-existant.
          Blaming the Krystal hotel - or their timeshare department is not the answer. Take responsibility for your actions and own your mistakes.

Krystal International Vacation ClubTimeshare Scam

While on vacation in Cancun, I decided to listen to a sales presentation by the Krystal International Vacation Club at the NH Krystal Resort. The company appeared to be legitimate and even had former Dallas Cowboy great Rafael Septien as one of their salesmen.

Nothing interested me until I was ready to leave and the final salesman (possibly the sales manager) made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. For $4, 900.00 I could get 10 weeks at the NH Krystal Resort over the next 10 years (1 week per year) as well as membership into their vacation club where you got the first 2 years free and could remain a member as long as you paid the annual dues. Here they guaranteed a weeks stay at resorts all over the world for no more than $399 a week. This didn’t interest me until he told me I could sell my 10 weeks back to Krystal in blocks of 5 weeks over a 2 year period for $3, 500 a year! WOW…what a no brainer in my mind! I could ‘invest’ $4, 900 today, have $7, 000 in 2 years and still have access to the $399 or less a week package!
        When I questioned how they could do this and why, the salesman gave me a reasonable explanation. I even asked him what he would do (use the 10 weeks or sell them back to Krystal) and he said selling them back was the best deal. They had me!

Since selling my weeks back to Krystal was optional, I didn’t really expect to see anything in the sales contract. Ray Rubio, the Quality Assurance Manager, also explained how I could sell the weeks myself. That however wasn’t in my plan.

Reality hit me a few weeks later when Krystal gave me a ‘welcome’ call and didn’t ask about buying back my weeks. I contacted both Ray Rubio and the Quality Assurance department about buying back my weeks and both gave similar responses of “Krystal International does not handle the rental or resale of your weeks…. “ which doesn’t answer my question. They never denied that the salesman told me that Krystal would buy back my weeks, they just ignore the question!!

I fought the charge with my credit card company but lost since nothing in the contract addresses Krystal buying back my 10 weeks and my 5 day cancellation period was long past. Since I lost that private battle, I have decided to go public and warn others of this scam!

BEWARE!! DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM WITH KRYSTAL!! DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT THE SALESMEN SAY UNLESS IT IS TYPED IN THE CONTRACT!! IF IT IS NOT TYPED IN THE CONTRACT, KRYSTAL WILL NOT HONOR WHAT WAS TOLD TO YOU DURING THE SALES PRESENTATION!!

• Vi
            VianneyC Aug 15, 2013

Ron/NancyB Jan 30, 2020

On the morning of December 12 2017, my wife Nancy and I (Ron) where pressured into attending a time share sales pitch at Krystal Resort during our stay at same resort. Although we were impressed with what they had to offer, we had no financial means of getting into a contract. The high pressure sales team were truly friendly but also very good at giving you a high rate of info, and no time to think things out. We were convinced by our Krystal sales person and his supervisor, that the financial burden of a time share could be alleviated, if we bought into the shares as an investment opportunity. If we bought the 17 weeks (13 weeks plus 4 bonus weeks) we would be guaranteed a projected annual average of 200% of bi-annual maintenance fee. We were also told that the weeks would all be sold in a average of 2 to 3 years. As explained to us, the bonus for us would be that our shares, although not used by us would create an income that we could use to travel to other destinations using the ICE rewards program and RCI that we would be register for if we bought in. The cost to us in US funds that day was as follows: 2625.00 down payment (paid December [protected].00 financed on monthly payments (186.18 a month till 01/01/23) ______________________ 10 500.00 Purchase price

1 189.00 Administrative registration fee (paid December 12 2017) ______________________ 11 689.00 Total charge and Finance, billed by Krystal for purchase of above mentioned 17 weeks. 840.07 Maintenance fee for first year (billed bi-annually with increased cost every year "862.76 for 2019" for the 17 weeks when used) 862.07 X 17 = 14 655.19 total cost of ownership once all 17 weeks are used and/or sold 11 689.00 + 14 655.19= $26 344.19 (plus interest and increased maintenance cost year over year)

As explained by sales staff at Krystal, using the 200% average above maintenance fee promised the financial gain was : 200% of 840.07 = 1680.14 X 17 weeks = $28 562.38 28 562.38 - 26 344.19 = $2 218.19 profit. This $2 218.19 profit would likely cover interest and maintenance fee increase if our time shares were all sold in the 2-3 years promised. The gain for us would be discount travel through RCI and ICE rewards program included in our Krystal International Vacation Club membership.

3 years later, none of our shares where ever sold, We have never found a vacation through ICE rewards that we could not easily find for much cheaper on most travel web sites, and we have no interest returning to Krystal to use the shares we never wanted in the first place after being lied to and defrauded..

If you are caught up in this scam... Your credit card can cancel and reverse the charge as long as you are within 90 days of purchase. Trust us... This is now your best option.

Ron/NancyB Mar 07, 2020

Just created a Facebook page to address the Krystal Scam. "Krystal Resorts Cancun Time share SCAM"

This group is to target Krystal Resorts only and no other resorts or parties that may be involved.

Krystal VacationKrystal Do Not Buy

This is Erika Andrejka claming for all the depression and many sleepless night, hearting us and giving many arguments, anger, and pain between my husband and I. Not having our money what we saved over many-many years with very hard work.

On July 2008 our family went to visit Cancun Mexico. Soon we arrived at the airport we got approached by people working for NH Krystal Vacation Resort pleasing us to go to the resort for a special presentation takes about 90min. They offered us free transportation back to the airport, what is never happened, free breakfast, and some free tours. We take the offer.

On July 15th 2008 we went to the presentation, we got our free breakfast, then we were then led to the second floor. We sat down with Steve Levi sales manager. He ask us if we have timeshare. We told him yes we have, and we are not interested to buy another one.

Mr. Levy told us this is NOT A TIME SHARE, what they offered us was a very good investment deal and a free membership to a company called ICE and to the New Krystal Vacation Resort what they building next door. They showed us a halfway finished building, what is suppose to be the NEW NH KRYSTAL.

Mr. Levy explained to us, this investment will give us a nice rate of return within 5 years. We can make a lot of money out of this, because is close to Downtown, to all the night club’s and to the Convention Center. He told us is very easy to rent it out, for almost $1700 a week. Also they gave us a bonus coupon from [protected]. But they make us promise the first two year we are not going to use it at NH Krystal.

Mr. Levy told us around Jan 2009 we will be receiving the 1st check around January 2009 and the money will keep coming for the next 5 years. He told us the retune will be around $720000.00, but can go much higher the amount. Mr. Levy said they do not going to cut a check larger than 10, 000 because of tax reason. We do not have to do anything because they will take care of the rentals for us.

Mr. Levy called Don Mayor from Vacation Strategies who lives in Orlando Florida, to talk to us because he will be taking care of the rentals. He want to hear us verbally and give promise that we will not be using or renting this investment, at least two years.

It was to good to be true how much money we can make from this investment, Now I know and see that many people was mislead at the same time and others before me.

Erika Andrejka.

Matt Preston Jun 29, 2009

While in Cancun we were invited to a 90 minunte timeshare speech. The salesman tour us that if we bought, he would help us renting the week because NH Krystal is very close to the convention center. He assured us there were lots of people looking to rent weeks at Krystal because of the proximity to this place.

Dumb enough, we believe him. Six months after, we were still waiting for this rental income. We called him several times asking him what was going on until he decided not to take our calls anymore. We searched the internet just to find out that everything we were told was a total lie. We went back to Cancun to cancel and they tried to sell us more!!! It was unbelievable.

On the way back to the airport, we found an ad of a law firm specialized in timeshare matters. We contact them and they help us cancel and recover our earnest money.

Please be aware that if you go to a timeshare presentation in Mexico these salesmen will try anything to get you to buy their product. Timeshares are worthless!!!

If this advice is too late for you, contact www.GonzalezGonzalezLawFirm.com, they will help you cancel. Once they see that you have legal assistance on your side they will give you the respect we all deserve.

Matt Preston

• Fr
              Fraudulent Business Jul 10, 2009

Krystal Scam!!!

Please be aware that NH Krystal is scamming US and Canadian Citizens and you could be the next victim. if you want to know a bit more on how they work their deceitful sales practices, log into www.NhKrystalFraud.com

Krystal International Vacation ClubResale/Weeks

In 2004 my wife and I purchased a twenty five year commitment with the KIVC - Cancun. We were sold on the ease of renting the weeks that we were not going to use. After returning to the states we contacted one of the resellers that was provided to us by the Krystal sales reps. Needless to say we paid a fee for their so called sevices, but to this day we have never been able to resell one week. This is a bad idea for anyone that thought they could resell a couple of weeks and use some of the other weeks. If you are not planning on using the weeks stay away. This place is not a hotel, but a boiler room for timeshare scams. I know that I may be hurting the value of the remaining time I have left with them, but if it saves one family the heart ache that my family and I have gone through, then so be it. Twenty years to go and still feeling the sting of the purchase. STAY AWAY!

Matt Preston Jun 29, 2009

Matt Preston

• Fr
                Fraudulent Business Jul 10, 2009

Krystal Scam!!!

NH Krystal Internation Vacation Club — Fraud

Nh Krystal International Vacation Club — Fraud

Dear NH Krystal International Vacation Club: I am writing to you to file my dispute against NH Krystal...