Having problems with LG Electronics?

8800 200 7676 (Russia)
800 545 454 (South Africa)
80 054 (UAE)
+82 264 564 337 (Head Office, South Korea)
+1 800 243 0000 (United States)
+44 344 847 5454 (United Kingdom)
+61 130 054 2273 (Australia)
+43 800 080 040 (Austria)
+32 15 200 255 (Belgium)
+42 810 555 810 (Czech Rebuplic)
+45 78 796 454 (Denmark)
+358 80 005 454 (Finland)
+31 900 543 5454 (Netherlands)
+351 808 785 454 (Portugal)
+852 35 437 777 (Hong Kong)
+65 65 120 555 (Singapore)
+966 800 244 2929 (Saudi Arabia)
+90 444 6543 (Turkey)
+54 800 888 5454 (Argentina)
LG Twin Towers, 20, Yeouido-dong, Yeongdeungpo-gu

Canada
20 Norelco Drive. North York, ON M9L 2X6 Canada
Phone: +1 647 253 2510

United Kingdom
LG house 250 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX U.K.
1000 Sylvan Avenue, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632

Austria
Office Campus Gasometer, Guglgasse 15, Bauwerk 4a/Stock 5&6, A-1110 Wien, Austria

Belgium

Jakob-Kaiser Strasse 12, 47877 Willich, Germany

Finland
Ayritie 12 A 01510 Vantaa Suom

France
Paris Nord II 117, Avenue des Nations-B.P. 59372 Villepinte 95942 Roissy CDG CEDEX, France

Greece
Ethnarhou Makariou St. Delta Paleo Faliro P.O. Box 77331 GR17501 Paleo Faliro, Athens, Greece

Hungary

Lysaker Torg 15 Postboks 275 1326 Lysaker

Poland
ul. Woloska 22, Mokotow Nova, 02-675 Warszawa, Poland

Portugal
Quinta da Fonte - Edificio D. Amelia Rua Vitor Camara, 2 Piso 2, 2770-229 Paco de Arcos, Portugal

Romania

Complejo Europa Empresarial, Ctra. N-VI Km 24, 28230, Las Rozas (Madrid), Spain

Sweden
P.O. Box 83 Esbogatan 18 SE-164 94 Kista, Sweden

China
20th Floor, West Tower, Twin Towers, B-12, Jianguomenwai Avenue, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100022, PRC
Hong Kong
6F, 633 Building, 633 King's Road North Point, Hong Kong
Phone: +852 29 095 172

India
Plot No.51, Udyog Vihar, Phase-2 Surajpur-Kasna Road Greater, Noida U.P (201306), India

Japan
Kyobashi Trust Tower 15F, 2-1-3 Kyobashi Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-8301, Japan

Singapore
6 Temasek Boulevard #10-01 Suntec Tower 4, Singapore, 038986

Israel
11 Galgaley Haplada St. Herzeliya 46733, Israel

Saudi Arabia
Sary street, Al Khaledya District, 101 building, 5th floor, 3355 Al Khalidyah unit 5, Jeddah 23423 - 8940, Saudi

South Africa
LG House, Rand Airport Road, Raceway Industrial Park Monte Carlo Drive, Gosforth Park, Germiston 1419 PO Box 973, Alberton 1450, South Africa

Turkey
Kaptanpasa Mah. Piyalepasa Bulvari No:14 Okmeydani Sisli, Istanbul, Turkey

UAE
P.O. Box 61445, Jebel Ali, Dubai, U.A.E.

Argentina
Av. Del Libertador 498-Piso 22 (C1001ABR) - Capital Federal, Argentina

Brazil
Market Place Tower 2, Av. Dr Chucri Zaidan, 940-3rd Floor, Vila Cordeiro, Sao Paulo-SP, CEP04583-110

Mexico
Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz, No.555, Col. San Lorenzo, Tlalnepantla, Estado de Mexico, C.P.54033, Mexico

Complaints & Reviews

defective machine

I bought a LG Gas Dryer Model #DLG1320W, on Feb. 2, 2010. Four days after it was delivered, the gas heat element broke down. LG sent me the name of a local repair person. ( I also had a conversation with a customer service rep. in India). The repairman came, ordered the part --10 days later I get it, and he found out the sensor didn't work from day one. He had to order a new motherboard. He said I could still use it, the heat element worked after he replaced it. Not true! One dryer load, later, no more heat. Apparently the motherboard operates this function, as well. Here it is April 5, no dryer to use -- it's been over two months since ordering it and I'm drying my clothes, that turn crisp, outside. No idea when the motherboard will be in, and the dryer cost $600.00. I think LG should have replaced the dryer, right away -- or U S Appliance should have picked it up and replaced it. I will never buy a product from either U S Appliance or LG again, and will do my best to tell others avoid it. I have a website, and I intend to let the hundred of people who read my advice column, daily, know about my problem with this LG dryer, as well the lousy treatment of a customer.

I will never again even think about buying another lg product

Two years ago I went through a house fire and had to replace all kitchen appliances. I was hooked on my favorite being Fridgadeer but my wife and her mother were in love with the LG products so as you know I ended up with the LG products keeping the mothers happy.Well I over spent on your products thinking upgrading with what we thought were better products would at least save in headache's and maintnance. Well I have had problems with my stove already with the right side of the keypad acting up and not working for weeks at a time and my dishwasher has already stopped working completely. Whem I called the 1-800 number to see what my option's were I found out I had just gone over the 2 year factory warrentee. The man on the phone laughed at me and said looks like you should have bought nthe extended warrentee. In closing at this point in my life I will never again even think about buying another LG product and will spread the word to everyone I can about the poor service and products. I would also suggest changing the name of your company to LB (Lifes Bad) Thankyou for reading my message.

poor product quality and worst in class after sales service

I have bought home an LG A/C for the past 2-3 years and I have also bought home all the worries and worst in class service to my Home. Right from the First summer we started having problems with the A/C and we contacted the service centre who kept on insisting that the equipment is fine and all it needs is a little repair, noting major. From then on I think our A/C has been worked on so many times on so many different parts that I have lost a clue.

We even asked for a replacement in the first year itself, when it was repaired almost four times but the LG Team kept insisting that they can fix it. Immediately after the first year was over and then knew we were out of warranty, their tone and customer handling changed very significantly and they started blaming everything else as the cause for the problem but their A/C.

We have had the most horrible experience with the Service Centre and total lack of ownership by the LG Team. We are sleeping at our relative's place since the past few days as they have taken the A/C and they are still trying to figure out the SMALL problem that their A/C is having since so many years.

If anyone from the LG Team reads this complaint and they have any inclination to help this Loyal Customer (Who has almost all home products of LG) please send a replacement A/C and call me at [protected] or email at [protected]@gmail.com

• Dr
    DR MAN MOHAN Aug 26, 2009

I HAD PURCHASED A LG SPLIT AC ABOUT 3YRS BACK. FROM THE SECOND YEAR OF PURCHASE IT STARTED GIVING PROBLEMS. I HAD TO GET THE GAS REFILLED EVERY SIX MONTHS AND FOR THE FIRST YEAR THE CO FILLED THE GAS FREE OF COST AND FROM THE SECOND YEAR THE CO DID NOT PROVIDE ANY SERVICES AND I HAD TO GET THE GAS FILLED AT MY COST FROM OUTSIDE AGENCIES.
    THREE DAYS AGO AGAIN THE AC DID NOT COOL AND I DECIDED TO RING THE LG CARE AT 012039010909 AND I WAS PROVIDED COM NO N9C82500879 AND WAS TOLD THAT THE FAULT WILL BE RECTIFIED WITHIN 12 HOURS. SOMEHOW ONE TECHNITIAN VISITED ON 25, 08.09 AND TOLD THAT THERE IS SOME DEFECT IN MOTOR THAT IS WHY IT IS NOT COOLING. HE PROMISED TO COME ON 26.08.09 AT 10AM AND WILL RECTIFY THE FAULT. IN THE MORNING HE GAVE ME RING FROM HIS MOBILE NO 9711919778 THAT THE MOTOR IS NOT IN STOCK AND IT WILL TAKE A MONTH FOR THE MOTOR TO REACH DELHI. SO I AM REPENTING WHY I PURCHASED LG SPLIT AC. THERE SHOULD BE A SLOGAN IF YOU WANT TO CRY PURCHASE A LG

• Pa
    PANKAJ CHAUHAN Apr 18, 2010

DEAR SIR
    I AM PANKAJ CHAUHAN FROM NOIDA I HAVE BEEN FACING A PROBLEM IN MY AC FROM PAST 1 MONTH AND I HAV INFORMED THE SERVICE CENTRE IN NOIDA NAMED IDEAL SERVICES BUT THEY HAVENT TAKEN ANY APPROPRIATE STEPS FROM PAST 1 MONTH THEY HAVE TAKEN MY AC TO THERE SERVICE CENTRES SO MANY TIMES BUT THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO FIX IT AND THEY HAVE RETURNED MY AC BACK AS IN THE SAME CONDITIONN NOW FROM PAST 10 DAYS I HAV TRIED A THOUSAND TIMES TO CONTACT THE SERVICE CENTR THEY DO NOT PICK MA CALL OR IF THEY PICK MA CALL ACCIDENTLY THEN THEY PUT ME ON HOLD AND THEY NEVER ATTEND MA CALL AGAIN THE STAFF AT THE SERVICE CENTRE IS VERY RUDE AND WENEVR THEY PICK MA CALL ACCIDENTLY THEY WILL SAY THAT THEY SEND AN ENGINER TO LOOK AFTER IT BUT NO 1 HAS VISITED MY HOUSE TILL DATE I AM REALY HELPLESS THE CONDITION IS SUCH THAT I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM BAD HEALTH THESE DAYS BUT NO 1 TAKES ANY STEP .YOUR SERVICE IS REALY BAD AND I WILL BE REALY HELPFUL IF U WILL TAKE SUM STEPS TO FIX IT PLEASE OR I WILL BE FORCED TO GO TO SCUSTOMER COURT IF ANY 1 IS READING MA COMPLAINTS PLEASE REPLY ME AT [email protected] OR CALL ME AT 9891255898 PLS ... TAKE SOME STEPS

defective ac

Serious complaint!
I purchased split AC as I have already told you from true link electronics (vasant kunj). My complain id is 2903100.Here's my problems took place-24th we booked our AC and asked for installation on the same day and they committed to do that on the same day but nothing happened as per their commitment, 25th-i called them 10 time and my father called them 5-6times but even then no installation took place, then at 8.30pm they send AC at our home but still didn’t installed, 26th finally people came to install, till that time i compromised from my side! it was tolerable, 27th -next day I got to know that which AC they have send is 2star which consumes more electricity which I was not informed by the dealer earlier, and on the same day i got to know that AC is defective, it produces lots of smoke(gas kind of)which was all over in my house, which could cause serious respiratory problems to us, on the same day I called MR MANISH and asked about this leakage and asked him for replacement(instead of 2star I was asking for 5star), he said ok to replace it at that point of time, 28th-ac used to release smoke nonstop and stopped cooling as well then I again asked MR MANISH to send some engineer to repair it but nobody came. Yesterday I called him again and again for at least 10 time but the responses were same that your work will be done within an hour but nothing happened as such, also I am very much tense because of this and tomorrow onwards my final year exams are going to start, 29th-after giving my exam I went to true link electronics and asked for replacement but they refused badly I came back and I called MR AARIF (area manager)to sought out my problem but nothing happened, then I wrote a mail to you, then 2engineers came from LG and said that there was a leakage of gas due to improper installation of AC by the local technicians send from true electronics. I am totally fed up from such responses and I again went to true electronics with my father, brother and friend to asked him for replacement and to get new AC by today itself but they refused to do so(why should i suffer in all this? why should i wait?)By the time of purchasing they talked us like a gentlemen but now they are (MR MANISH AND MR AMIT) were saying that we don’t care you go and replace your ac and we can’t do anything for you (in a very rude way), then I told them that “I will go for consumer court” then they said “yes of course you can, company will suffer, we won’t”, 30th-Today engineer came from your company and checked my ac but it still didn't replaced, engineer said it will get repaired and cant replaced. I am not convinced, very very disappointed.Wont ever go for LG and I want replacement at any cost. I will go to consumer court for sure.

So I am asking you as a customer is this the way to treat your customers?????????????????????????
The problems which I have faced during this-
1) Mental depression during my exams
2) It could caused respiratory problem because of that leakage
3) Loss of money (phone charges & petrol of my car)
4) Wastage of time during exams
5) Violation of consumer right (right to be informed)about the 2star and 5star before purchasing...
Etc etc etc...
On the above facts I can & I want to file a case against you and the dealer for depression.
Actions I want from your side-
1) Replace my ac immediately (1.5ton5star BAA ratings)
2) Take strict actions against Mr. Manish and Mr. Amit.

Regards
Preeti Singh
[protected]
preeti.[protected]@rediffmail.com

WAITING FOR QUICK POSITIVE RESPONCE FROM YOUR SIDE!!!

sceen failure

Due to a good reputation of LG products specially TV products, i searched to buy LG TV made in Korea, so i bought LG TV from about 3 years ( in 29/12/2006) its specification as follows : 29", Flatron screen ( super flate screen ), sterio sound, model 29FB7RLE-TG, serial No 608KKFS36723, sales model 29FB7RLE . its performance was good in 3 years, but suddenly in 14/3/2010 during start turn on the TV the screen became blue color and power disconnected after few seconds, LG maintenance service check the TV and said to me that the screen defected and it must be changed by new one, and u are out of guarantee by 3 monthes so u must pay 1100 pound the cost of new screen .
How come a famous brand name mark like LG, the life time of flatron screen of TV is 3 years only .

I extensively reflect my depression and glooominess from this problem .

please, i need quick, clear and satesfaction solution for this problem to keep my respect to LG products .

lcdtv as monitor, text looks blurry

This is HARI OM CHANDRAKAR writing from bhilai

I had just bought yesterday on 16-03-2017 lcd tv model no 22lu10ur from a shop in raipur chhattisgarh...for using it as desktop screen..

As the showroom has no facility for connecting the screen with computer via "vga".I just bought it and then came home (located at bhilai chhattisgarh), then connected to my desktop..

after connecting i found out that the TEXT on the screen appears "BLURRY" with every resolution and refresh rate available on my desktop.

The words on screen are causing STRAIN to the eye, as desktops are made not only to watch tv but also to view and surf Internet.I am very sorry to say that such kind of useless service was not expected from a brand name like LG.

I am not satisfied with the product i have bought!!!, , as i came to know about the screen only after coming home...

I know costumer satisfaction is your essence, SO PLEASE give me a prompt reply.!!!

regards,
HARI OM CHANDRAKAR

sagarp Oct 15, 2009

This is to bring your kind notice that i have purchased LG REF 260 Ltrs (MODEL 278VA5 model (Red colour with flowers) from Kohinoor Tele Video shoppee Andheri west, mummbai on dated 26.9.2017 & which has been delivered on 27.9.09 at 9.30pm . It has been promised by the dealer that your brand will not give troble to the customers as you have been awarded a quality & services excellence award .

But sorry to say that within a week your product has failed on both the grounds ( quality as well as service) as on dated 7th cooling of the fridge stopped so on dated 8.10.09 we have lodge the complaint with lg service centre (Complaint no. CO9A0801548) & on the same date your engineer also check the fridge & told us that their is problem with the wiring & same can not be repaired so it has been recommanded to replace the Fridge.

The same complaint also been given to our dealer ( Kohinoor Tele Video) & we have been assured that the new fridge will be deliver to us before diwali as the model is also available.

But unfortunately today while enquring the status of delivery of the model we have been informed that the model is not available & status will be given tomorrow. I am fail to understand that is this the quality of service & customer delight & satisfaction talking by your MD Mr. MOON B SHIN .

And is this the service level for which you have received the "COMMITTED TO SERVICE AWARD".

I am once again requesting you to please take immidiate action for replacing my fridge & let meknow the deliver status . And if its not possible to deliver the same on urgent basis please give me your higher authorities mail id or contact no. ( please don't blame on me if my mail reaches to your MD ) as i will not take lightly if my fridge is not delivered on urgent basis as already 7 days are passed & still action is awaited from your end. Further please note Tomorrow DIWALI'S first day.

Expecting your QUALITY OF SERVICE

• Ga
    gamitplayer Dec 13, 2009

For All LG Complaints, It shd be directed to :

1800-180-9999 or

In case of Grievance not resolved then you can write to LG Corporate office at

[email protected]

It will be diffuclt for companies to respond to all on 1000s of website available to voice your concerns.

• Su
    Sunita Dutt Jun 03, 2010

I Sunita Dutt, R/o B-34, 10343 Ranjot Park, Haibowal Kalan, and Ludhiana bought a Split AC from Batra Electronics Gallery Ludhiana, Wide Invoice No. 3806 Dated 30.03.2017 Model LG A/C LSA 5NF3Vf2. On 0I.06.2017. Suddenly ac breakdown with reduced cooling, I lounge a complaint no. C-1062200071 dated 02.06.2017. The service engineer came and checked the ac after checking the ac unit he asked me that the gas of the compressor has been leaked, the other engineer come and refill the gas. Today service engineer came and asked that the quail of the ac is leaked now the new quail will be installed in the unit. Sir, I have used this product only one month and user esteemed company engineer now want to bring my ac unit to their service center. I don’t want to retain this particular unit. I want to change my complete unit on this regarding I talk to Mr Vikas (Manager AC) on his telephone no 8054014155, he bluntly refuse to listen me. He just blaming me that the unit is ok but this is the fault of installation team, if this unit installed by LG service center than we change the complete unit. Sir, this unit is installed by your LG installation team headed by Mr. G.S. Chawla, I informed this to Mr. Vikas, he suddenly breakdown and said we don’t change AC whether it is company fault or installation team fault. The owner of Batra electronics also refused to take interest in this matter and totally refused to co-operate me.
    I am old customer of LG; I have LG refrigerator, microwave, and washing machine. Now I purchased the LG ac only due to the good services of esteemed concern. I deeply discouraged by Mr. Vikas Attitude. Pls look in to the matter immediately otherwise I have to go District Consumer Court. Hope for the positive.

Sunita Dutt

• Gm
    G. Mohan Jun 09, 2010

Dear Mr. Patil,

I'm Mohan from Bangalore, having similar problems with my LG refrigerator.

Did LG resolve your complaint and give you a replacement?

Regards,

Mohan.
    [email protected]

• Ph
    Phonny Aug 11, 2010

As an unfortunate person with LG product in hand, I have gone through a great agony, firstly due to bad quality product sold by LG & then not servicing though the product still runs in the warranty period.
    Display from my phone disappeared a couple of days back. Since then I have been made to face the abysmal after sales service of LG.

Firstly, their official website contains obsolete information about the location of their service centers which at the very first instance opens up their commitment towards providing quality after sales services. The service center I first went to ( arham Communications, regal building, CP, New Delhi) as given in the website did not existed.

Then I went to Janakpuri service center, DDA complex, New Delhi, where I heard a crapy thing that my display got lost due to water going inside my mobile & now it becomes chargeable to rectify it, whereas I know that it was never ever exposed to even a droplet of water. All my other parts of the mobile are working absolutely fine, I can make calls, receive them (but without display). It is truly a case of defected part, where the parts could not sustain the first increase in humidity in Delhi.

After selling low in quality product, now LG has left the customer alone to bear the consequences. The LG call center 1800 180 9999 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1800 180 9999 end_of_the_skype_highlighting showed its inability to have any authority to deal in matters related to mobiles (I don't know if they even say the same for all other LG products).

I have wasted my two days, get the problem attended but the response from LG has been "PASS ON THE BUCK". I have even not contacted by any body from LG customer care department as promised by the customer care executive.

I am highly discontented by the action of LG, & would ensure its escalation to the highest possible level.

• iramraza May 08, 2011

Hello,

I am highly disappointed with service center of LG. Filed complain on 28th April 2017 for functionality problem but service guys are not responding even after multiple reminders.
    I had also purchased its service warranty plan which is valid till 2017. But I wonder what to with the papers and AC when neither AC working nor this warranty plan where service guys are supposed to repair the product.

Following are some details-
    Complain number- 110428048374- Dated 28th April 2017 followed by reminders
    Extended Warranty Plan- Hlp-plan code 23643 valid till 2017

I hope at least this means of communication work where all faulty promises have gone in vain so far

Regards,
    Iram

• Sh
    Shiv.gupta May 17, 2011

I have purchased a fridge from LG Electronics India Pvt Ltd, Jaipur on 21.04.2017 .. Invoice no. 1533, from the day one the fridge is not in working condition some cooling problem. Call was logged for the same wide ref no. RNA110423016427 Dt 23.04.2017….. your engineer came and checked the fridge and provide suggestion to repairs the same from service centre… we were not agreed that time for repairs because this is manufacturing default and try to replace the same…. I called your area manager Mr. Ajyan - 9828503015 for helping me… but finally he said “Boss, we cann’t replace it but we repair on SOS basis”….. I agreed with Ajyan and again log a call vide ref no. RNA110428015917 on 28.04.2017….. no one come to my home for pick the phone after many calls to Mr. Ajyan, Chandrika – 9828503025 and Mr. Rajesh 9828503067…… after wating long time… I contacted on customer care toll free no. 18001809999…. Your customer care executive said that your call is already completed and our engineer comments are ok( means fridge is in working condition)… I surprised with the words with customer care executive … my fridge is in working condition and I am not aware….. your engineer is cheated me as well as your company also.. how he can close the call without customer knowledge and also not visit at my Home. I am not mad… and logged call third time…….

In the mean time I purchased fridge from Samsung, because you are also aware that he hot summer is started in Rajasthan……

Again I log a call for repairing the fridge on 09th May, 2017….. awaiting your response…..

I don’t know what’s the working style in Rajasthan…. And what kind of services provided by your customer care officers/ engineers….

Can you hear me and provide the reasons for below mentioned points :-
    1. Call closed without my knowledge
    2. Call closed and shown Fridge is OK…. While no one visit at my home…
    3. No action is taken on my call logged on 09th May, 2017…..

On behalf of
    Jogendra Agrawal

• Pb
    p.bhaskar Jul 04, 2011

I purchase a lg colour t.v. in 2017. the several times repair. the technician in rajahamundry (kamil) did not work properly. the come & open the t.v. and going after 2days coming some parts are adding and going. The problem is continuous we complaint again and again they come again and again. but no use. my regularly colour problem. I suggest all of my friends did not purchase L.G. PRODUCTS BECAUSE THE PRODUCTS ARE REGULAR DEFECTS.

SAGEER AHMAD Oct 10, 2011

i purchase a lg split a.c.in 20/04/2017.and then after i suffer many problems of cooling .i have complaint this but theire are no respnse of the compny or dealer.the technician ajay singh did not work properly. he come again and again from august.the problem is continuous and Ajay open the a.c. fitting with pipe.and that dealer is responsible for the problem of cooling coile and pipe.cooling coile is burst and pipe is punched on several places.so he take my origiOL RECEIPT 20 days before.but there is no response .so please take neccesary action and inform me .and give the instruction l.g.dealer of pratapgarh and technician to solve my problem..and save the l.g.company's credit.
    regards:-sageer ahmad...409/7 pike road pratapgarh...u.p.
    e.mail:[email protected]
    contact no.:-08081481624, 08957044144.08960457071

faulty control board

I purchased two LG refrigerators from Home Depot for the two houses that we built last year. Both...

product/customer sservice

my refrigerator, a LFC23760ST, broke after 6 months and I have been dealing with customer service for almost three weeks to get it replaced. Never buy an LG product. The company won't stand by their products. Customer service gives you the run around and takes forever at responding. The tech came to fix it twice and couldn't fix it. When I called LG to see what the next step was, LG said the tech never sent the paper work in and I would have to wait longer. After the paper work came it had to be reviewed and it would be three to five days before LG would release a new refrigerator to me. When I called a customer service rep. they told me, I should have bought the home depot warranty, if I wanted a new one faster.

• Te
    Terlcal Jul 16, 2010

My LG side by side freezer ice maker keeps overflowing/leaking out of the ice tray. I'm not sure if the water tube that fills the tray is long enough or the tray has a problem with dumping the cubes. the result is that I get a giant ice block forming like a cavernous stallagtite at Carls Bad Caverns. which ensued another problem. The ice block formed around the rotation motor of the ice dispenser causing stress and working the screws out of the mounting plate/box.This resulting in loss of function to the dispensing/crushing unit. I replaced the screws and dethawed the ice block fixing that problem, but I still do not know why the water drips/overflows as it does. Diagnosing it is hard to do when it operates at a snails pace. Its like watching water freeze. LOL. not funny. Is there any help to this problem?

Janice L. Storey Oct 12, 2010

Anyone posting about LG refrigerators, needs to know there are MANY OF US out there. I purchased Model LSC26905TT - purchased in 2007 and warranty expired I was told today Jan, 2009 (2 yrs). Now the fan motor blade started making horrible noise, had HVAC technician I hire in business pull out the part. This cheap plastic fan had five stress fractures in it. It is a piece of you know what. Refrigerator is only 3 years old!!! How can the USA not hold this S. Korean company responsible for the types of parts they are installing in these refrigerators? The ice maker started having problems about the first year and when I began investigating it, found many people incurring same problem. The ice tray in my words overflows into the ice bin, causing a sheet of ice to form at bottom which in turn locks in the metal ring that is used to force the ice out to the front of the door...horrible product...just about every complaint in all models have problems with the ice maker. We did not create this problem LG did. Yet the responsible dept. in USA is not doing a thing to help us get these defective parts made better and or warrantied by LG. No refrigerator should just last 2-3 years. STAY WITH PRODUCTS MADE IN AMERICA...DO NOT BUY ANY APPLIANCE NOT MADE IN AMERICA AND THAT PARTS ARE NOT READILY AVAILABLE. I had to spend hours on line checking with companies to order the two parts and they tried to hold me hostage on the shipping since of course you need it NOW. Then I found out that LG never gave the distributorship to anyone in the Texas area...so that is another problem. City of over 4 million, but no one handlses LG parts. STAY AWAY FROM LG REFRIGERATORS. Wish I had researched the refrigerators more. I am sure it is going to be a roller coastal ride over the years keeping this refrigerator working. They look nice, but do not buy one. Houston, Texas.

• Ms
    msginny Dec 10, 2010

I have the LFC23760ST and every single bin, drawer and shelf has broken. I can't get any help for this, despite the fact it's only 2 years old. I have never had this kind of trouble with an appliance before. How can you screw up plastic?

• Bz
    bzoburden Jan 14, 2011

We have an LG with french doors...icemaker won't shut off when bin is full, cubes on floor, bins and shelves broken. We also had an LG dishwasher, it was quiet, but after 3 years it stopped draining and flooded our floor.

And LG says to live with icemaker (turn it off once in a while) and the washer was eventually replaced by Home Depot. We ended up paying an additiona $150.00 to swap the LG out with a less expensive but more reliable unit.

We will NEVER buy another LG product again...ever.

• Wa
    wad 4 Aug 09, 2016

l g purchased 5/25/2016 model ltcs20220 serial #603mrrh 14054 this refrig was noisy from the start went to lowes sales person told me to try for few days see if it would settle down sounds like a car going down highway with flat tire didn t check back of receipt on how long before lowes would take back after two months contacted lowe s first thing said you didn t buy extended warranty contact lg now working with repair people out of charles city iowa the compressor is bad what kind of checks does l g have on there products people at l g in huntsville al sounds like the repair guy would change out about every part before you would get a replacement it looks like you have to buy the extended warranty on all of these products to be safe cheap junk have a microwave an tv that are l g got my fingers crossed

poor non customer service

wife purchased LG washer/dryer stackable from local Home Depot only a few months ago.
Loud noise one night and bam machine rips out plumbing, floods floor =all NOT good. THEN the real problems started 4 weeks and still call after call to customer sercice and today it's " Gee you should have sent that compliant to someone else that's not my area"
REALLY??

more than a week without a refrigerator

LG Electronics ; LG should change their logo to LB i.e. Life is Bad that better describes their customer service.

New (Purchased Oct. 25, 2008) French Door Refrigerator, model LFC 255770TT.

It has now been 8 days since our initial contact with LG customer service. Refrigerator doesn't work (i.e. it doesn't cool refrigerator or freezer). Lost time sitting around for incompetent service technician who apparently doesn't know how to use a phone. Barley competent customer service department in Alabama. More than a week without a refrigerator, yes life is good!

We will see if this continues into another weekend.

• Wy
    Wysiword Feb 25, 2010

Similar problem, my food is sitting out in the snow. LG Refrigerator w French doors purchased only 2 years ago from ABT Electronics. One week for initial service call (would have been 2 weeks if I hadn't called to ask why they hadn't called to tell me what my 2 hour service window was) ; then wait another week for parts (LG needs a repair kit for defect), the part is in and NOW I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK FOR INSTALLATION. ABT service stink. I'd like to see them survive without a refrigerator for 3 weeks.

non delivery of product

I HAVE SUBMITTED A GIFT VOUCHER OF 10000/(club mahindra) AND A DEMAND DRAFT NO
713002 DT 24 OCT 2009 IN FAVOR OF LG ELECTRONICS PVT LTD OF Rs8990/ IN THE
LG OFFICE AT JALANDHAR for delivering me a LG home theatre HT -924. RECEIVED ON 26 OCT 2009 BY
LG OFFICIALS ( MR LALIT). I WAS TOLD THE DELIVERY WOULD COME IN A WEEK OR SO.

SINCE THEN 3 MONTHS HAVE ELAPSED AND THE FELLOWS AT LG JALANDHAR HAVE BEEN TELLING ME
THE DELIVERY TO BE MADE "SOON". NOW I FEEL LIKE A COMPLETE FOOL AND I AM CONTEMPLATING LEGAL ACTION ALSO . PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE STATUS OF MY PRODUCT DELIVERY.
DR DIILIP KUMAR MISHRA
O9872172841"

defrosting leaves ice residue on bottom

It appears that the track that is to take away the condensate from the freezer compartment clogs or malfunctions. This spills water on to the floor of the freezer compartment which freezes and, eventually, spills out on to the floor and runs in to the kitchen.

Having a repairman repair the issue twice we have given up on on paying for this and we scrape the ice out every few weeks before it reoccurs.

outright deception

I bought a LG washer and dryer set the day after Thanksgiving. They were supposed to deliver December 28, 2009. Two days before I get a call from the delivery personnel stating that the store in Grapevine did not send them the dryer and he only had the washer.

I called up Best Buy to speak with their manager about the situation. They said they would look into it. Later that day I drop by to speak with the manager personally. He said they were sold out. The best they could do was give me another dryer. I told him that was unacceptable. The other dryer did not match. The point of buying a matching set was to get a MATCHING set.

The manager revealed that they had oversold the LG units and they had known this for sometime. They had known this and not told me. If they had I could have looked for another deal during the Christmas holiday.

Best Buy purposely withheld this information to force my hand. When I told the manager that, he told me I was lucky that Best Buy was selling the LG units at such a good price and that they were doing me a favor doing so.

Fuming I left. I came back on weekday to speak with another manager. And he admitted that they had oversold. And the best they could do was give me a mismatch dryer or I could swap out to another set. When I pointed out that the swap set was way inferior they finally admitted to that effect.

I told them what I thought of their customer service and outright dishonest methods and took my money back. I was not going to let them take advantage of me.

Boycott Best Buy! They knowingly oversale and will not tell you. Trying to force your hand.

• Lu
    LutzAleHouse Feb 10, 2010

I've had a similar experience with BB. I refuse to buy anything from them. I "use" them on occasion when I want to look and sample (like mp3 player recently) then purposely leave and buy elsewhere even if it cost me a few more bucks. "Best" is taking advantage of their unique market postion of being the only big-box electronics store in many cities now that Circuit City and Tweeter have gone down the crapper.

• Ri
    riel32 Mar 14, 2010

WOW!!! A similar situation with my husband and I. I have had bad experiences with BEST BUY in the past and swore I would never buy big ticket items from them again... But alas, we bought a house that did not have a washer/dryer November 20th. We had company coming for Christmas/New Years... sort of needed a W/D. Well, Home Depot was HONEST with us and told us they were out of stock and wouldn't be deliverable until Jan 14th. So we decided to just check at Best Buy to see if they had some in stock and could get to us sooner. They said yes (but wouldn't honor the discounts Home Depot agreed to honor - competitor pricing, coupons...) and that they could deliver by DEC 14TH!!! So of course we bought and financed through them. Well, ha, wouldn't you know, we got the first billing statement before we even received the merchandise! We did get the washer finally, which the delivery personnel couldn't hook up because they never saw our type of step up before (no wash basin, simply dedicated plumbing) and then when they delivered the dryer several weeks later they didn't install that either. They were supposed to install and make sure everything was all set for us. My husband ended up doing that part. So, now, not only have I sworn off of BESTBUY once again, my husband now also will never buy a big ticket item from them again. They are horrible!!! FYI - my other bad experience with them was computer related... so its not just appliances!

complaint no. c1011110507

Logged complaint no. C1011110507on 11th Jan 2010 telephonically regarding non heating by my microwave oven & assured that it will resolve in 72 hours but its been 10 days but no solution yet. Co. Sent unskilled person on 5th day who visited twice with hit and trial formulae which did not worked & in the process he have also damaged PAP also. I have spent almost Rs. 200 on calls for the thing but no solution. I want to know whether is it called service or pathetic service in which rather than curing the things the unskilled person have damaged it more. Is it level of LG that they have employed such persons. I think the LG should shut down if it can not give proper services. I want to know about the time of curing of my equipment & compensation for the harassment done by you to me.Moreover it is very clear that I am not going to pay for replaeement of PAP as it is damaged by your unskilled person.

both

I will never purchase an LG appliance again. Nor will I ever do business at Conn's again. Both have zero customer service.

In October 2006 we purchased an LG dishwasher. That is when the nightmare began. We bought it from Conn's (a fitting name by the way). 33 days after we bought it, we got an "LE" message on the LCD display. After some research, I found that meant a problem with the motor or wiring harness. I called Conn's and told them that I felt I should get a new machine. They told me it was outside of the 30 day window for replacement but they could send a technician out. I told them that was not right and I would never do business with them again. I was told "I'm sorry you feel that way sir". Since then, we have had 2 motors, 1 wiring harness, bent rails, new rack, drain hose leak which flooded my family room, another wiring problem and last week we got "LE" again! We have spent hundreds on service calls, countless hours complaining to LG (who doesn't care) so we diecided to cut our losses and buy a new dishwasher. After coming home from shopping for a new dishwasher, guess what the display on my washing machine (purchased before the dishwasher) said. You guessed it "LE"!

LG is awful and so is Conn's.

lost mobile tracking

I lost mobile withe bearing IMEI No. [protected] Make LG-B2050. Pleas Help us in the following situation.
My contact no. [protected]..

stove & refrigerator

[protected]) This is a number that I have come to know by heart! Not by choice! You may recognize the number as the number for Customer Service for LG Appliances. We purchased our DREAM LG Appliances, Refrigerator, Stove, Microwave and Dishwasher for close to 8000.00 back in Feb. 2008 from Bernie’s in Waterbury CT…and have nothing but trouble ever since!

After doing what we thought was research in reference to company and integrity we found LG was announcing a Cross Licensing Agreement with GE. What better company, GE is a household name that has a lot of history in the United States and one that stands behind their products. GE happens to also be one of the biggest players in the wind power industry that is up and coming. This information meant a lot to fiancé and me as far as energy conservation goes. We had read a quote by Young Ha Lee the President and CEO of LG Electronics and Digital Appliance Company. He stated that “the licensing agreement would enhance the ability to deliver WINNING PRODUCTS and move the company further toward the goal of becoming one of the top global brands in consumer electronics and home appliances.” This could not be farther from the truth as far as we are concerned. We have had a number of service calls on our stove and have had many parts replaced….only to have the stove still not work! I came home only yesterday to find the freezer had flooded my kitchen floor in solid ice chunks. That is a whole different letter…so let us only concentrate on the stove, the reason I am writing this letter to begin with.

After the trouble we had we decided to research complaints on LG appliances to see if we were the only ones out there experiencing these problems. I thought…after all, that since my fiancé was a contractor and had some experience in buying quality products for peoples homes and referring a number of his clients to Home Depot to purchase the LG products that we had made the right decision when It came time for us to buy new home appliances. We were we sadly mistaken, and are extremely disappointed! Needless to say, with the purchase of our second house finalized we will not be purchasing LG products to furnish it with! Nor will my fiancé be referring clients from his contracting business to purchase any LG products!

In these economic times, you would expect a company like LG to deliver quality items to ensure that customers return. As I stated above my fiancé and I researched the complaints and found that it was not only us experiencing such trouble. Below you will find a number of comments made In reference to LG products. The reputation of LG is on the decline…I only hope that GE is not involved in this.

“Life is not good with LG!
“Oh how sorry I am that I didn’t read the negative comments first!”
“Please, Please, Please, avoid purchasing LG appliances!”
“LG is junk!”
“I should have stuck with American brands!”
“LG should be placed under investigation for defrauding customers!”
“Sid Miller no longer carries LG due to customer complaints!”
“LG sold us a defective machine and is not an honorable company!”
“Whatever you do, do not buy LG!”
“LG is putting out poor quality and not covering warranties!”

I could go on for hours with the extensive number of complaints found online. I will however stop here and say; that if we do end up getting the stove replaced at this point it has been such a hassle. We both work over an hour from our house, and as you can imagine it has not been easy getting to our house to let the service guys in not once, but 5 times. I have had to take PTO from work to make it to the house for the designated service calls. Not to mention, the meals my fiancé and I have had to pay for to be able to eat. Eating out or having to schlep meals to my mothers to cook has been a complete nightmare!

The straw that broke the camels back came on Christmas Eve when finally the stove was said to be fixed. We invited family to our house for “7 fishes”, a family and religious tradition. The oven decided that once again it was not going to work. So…with 15 people at our house and over 150.00 dollars worth of fish to be cooked what were we to do? It took over 5 hours to cook (and still wasn’t done right) on convection oven with the temperature saying 500 degrees. Needless to say, Christmas Eve was a disaster and my family went home hungry. We may as well have thrown 150.00 into the garbage because that is where all the fish went! We did not appreciate spending our hard earned money on the stove to have it fail us.

I thought that my fiancé and I had been reasonable when dealing with all of the service calls and time taken off work. I feel that we have been more then understanding. The problem is that at this point I feel from my gathered information that I would like to receive a refund on this disastrous purchase or to be authorized to purchase a different more reliable brand.

I do not want another LG product since LG doesn’t stand behind their products. The LG appliances look very good, almost commercial grade…great addition to your kitchen so long as you don’t have to use them. Not only are they DANGEROUS with the turning on and off by themselves, but are the most unreliable pieces of equipment available. I will make sure via word of mouth that none of my close friends, family, and or co-workers makes a purchase from LG in the future!

• Du
    Duxie Mar 23, 2010

I purchased a dishwasher and refrigerator from LG and have had nothing but problems. The dishwasher stopped working properly after six months and the ice maker in the refrigerator works intermittently. I cannot get an authorized service technician to repair them as I am told that there are none in my immediate area, thus making it my responsibility to have the items repaired. I have spent many hours on the phone with LG, and also on their Chat line, but have received nothing but platitudes. I want my money back, because I entered into this purchase in good faith expecting products that functioned, not decorative models. It is not fair that I have to spend more money to replace them. Something has to be done. We sit and take what these large companies hand out and there's nothing we can do. Yong Nam and Young-Ha Lee should be ashamed of themselves for selling defective merchandise and ignoring the complaints of hard working people who trusted them and their products. They are just common thieves!

freezer

I have had several issues with this refrigerator. First of all someone in the home didnt close the door all the way and when that happens the refrigrator shuts off. Once this happened the ice began to melt in the ice maker and ran all over my new hardwood floor causing $2K worth of damage.
Next thing the water tube that feeds the ice maker ruptured and leaked all over the fl, oor causing damage. Then the drawer slides broke inside and it just goes on from there.

service

After 6 visits to repair my LG washing machine, and having to call the police on the technicien that came to my house for wanting to hit my mother in law because she asked him if he changed the moteur I have had enough of this non sense, I will not allow
any technicien from global service to come to my house, being afraid he will do something.
also after 6 repairs I demand that my washing machine to be changed for a new one,
but not frontal i want a regular machine upload. I have made a complaint by phone and letter to transglobal and now one to you I hope someone will call me to clearify all of this
and someone will take care of my demand . thank you
Louise Garceau [protected]

amc charges of rs.882/- paid but no body turned up inspite of repeated reminders.

From:

HYDERABAD – 500 045

To
M/s. LG Electronics India Pvt Ltd,

Sir,

This is to inform you that a complaint was booked for repair of my washing machine
model : WF 566107 TD sometime during the 3rd week of November 2009. In response, the company deputed a person and attended the same on 21.11.2009. After attending to the problem, he advised us to enter into the AMC, for which I had paid Rs. 882/- towards AMC charges vide HLP No. JJ 32093 dated 21.11.2009 (copy enclosed). As there was no water supply on the day of repair, it could not be tested. However, on the following day, the machine continued to pose the same problem. Again a complaint was booked, but nobody turned up. Thereafter, over a half a dozen calls were made to the company but nobody turned up till date.

The above casual attitude is not expected from a company like L.G. This has caused me serious inconvenience besides financial loss. I bring this matter to your notice for a response before I decide further course of action in the matter.

Dt. 15.12.2009
Yours faithfully,
Sd/-
SADU ISRAEL

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices