LG Appliancesproduct and service

F

Purchased LG dishwasher less than 1 year ago. Stopped working and 4 service calls, 2 different service companies, 2 motors, control panel, wiring harness replaced- still not repaired! First serviceman broke the brackets that hold the machine to the cabinet so now it falls out when opened! Very dangerous!!
After over 16 hours of waiting for repairmen let alone the time they spent trying to assess and make the repair, am told ANOTHER 2 service calls will need to be made!!! That translates into 8 more hours of my wait time when the original problem was never fixed. They refuse to replace the machine. More importantly, they DON'T CARE THAT MY SITUATION IS DANGEROUS AND WILL SEND OUT A SERVICEMAN IN A COUPLE OF DAYS BUT CANNOT GUARANTEE THE PARTS ARRIVE IN TIME TO FIX THE MOUNTING PROBLEM!!! PROBLEM ONGOING FOR OVER ONE MONTH!!!

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT PURCHASE AN LG APPLIANCE. THEY ABSOLUTELY DO NOT CARE ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE, THEY ONLY WANT TO MAKE A SALE!

• Da
    DAAK Sep 23, 2011

I couldn't agree more, as a company they lack the ability to provide effective consumer support for their products, also I question the quality control in their manufactoring process. This is 2017 and LGs customer service and product reliability is not up to where it should be.

• Fe
    F EVANS Jun 21, 2011

I am in Canada. I have a Fridge Freezer from LG that had a problem. The Service is incompetent and as such I have a $3000 six months old "lovely to look at " piece of rubbish.
    The service advice was followed - it failed - I have failed to get any reasonable on-site service to fix it.
    Over a $1000 of food is into the garbage - over $300 of Restaurant bills are going to be incurred.

LG should not distribute Fridge Freezers in Canada - We are in Central Toronto but its too tough to get a service call inside two days. A very very poor service / non-service effort.

My efforts to get a Director to get service delivered was so far unsuccessful.

EVANS

• Lu
    Lucroc Jun 08, 2011

Life's Good! Having bought relatively inexpensive appliance all our lives we decided to splurge and so we bought an expensive LG fridge and a dishwasher 3 years ago. Recently and almost simultaneously both sprung internal water leaks. The water from the dishwasher ran under our living room carpet and ruined it and the water from the fridge ran down into the basement ceiling.

Now we have to pay a company "technician" to come and fix the leaks. In addition, we need to have our carpet cleaned and put a new ceiling in our basement. So much for buying quality appliances.

• De
    deborahlee stobart Oct 24, 2010

i meant i spent twenty two hundred dollars

• De
    deborahlee stobart Oct 24, 2010

2017 I purchased an lg refridgerator, stove microwave first it took 4 deliverys before we received a working refridgerator and they said they had a problem with the warehouse and coolong systems I wanted my money back so I could purchase a different brand and they told me they couldnt do that because we already installed the stove but they insured me we would have no more problems delivered a working refridgerator in two yrs the cooling system went out we had to purchase a new refridgerator because they wanted to charge us four hundred dollars to fix it without any gaurentee it would work then this yr the stove stopped working I contacted the company faxxed them my receipts and they said they would see what they could do, and you guessed it I havent heard a thing from them. I will never buy a nother lg product and I will continue to persure this is in small claims court as well as report it to the ftc and bbb. I spent twent two hundred dollars ond now after 3 yrs I am replacing my appliances again I think after you spend that much money on a stove or refridgerator it should last longer then 2-3 yrs.

• Me
    megan atterbury Dec 01, 2009

Three years ago we redid our kitchen and bought and LG refrigerator, dishwasher, and microwave. Just a month ago, our dishwasher completely stopped working and wouldn't even turn on. I had the repairman come out and look at it and he said it needed a new control board. Well, when he put the control board in, it still wouldn't work. He then called LG service himself and they basically stated there was a defect in the lining of the panel that covered the control board. It is black and they discontinued the panel. I asked him to ask them if there was a recall, to which the LG person replied, no, we just discontinued the part. Upon further inspection of the area, you could see that the lining melted the control board and destroyed the wires. One would think that if there was a defect, a recall would have ensued. The only thing I could deduce is that the company would lose A LOT of money if they were to recall this item. This absolutely disgusts me, this dishwasher was sold to me at Home Depot, with them saying this was a "top of the line" piece of equipment - of course it was $680 also. I strongly urge against purchasing any LG products. They charge a lot of money for their products and they suck!

• Bo
    Bob RJB Sep 11, 2009

We purchased an LG Refrigerator and Dishwasher in 2017. The ice maker in the refrigerator dumps the ice into the bottom of the freezer or on the floor. No solution to repair from LG. Now our dishwasher has stopped working due to the insulation deteriorating and damaging the wiring in the process. Again LG has no recall or defect notice on this so they will not repair the unit. Three years old and their solution is to replace the unit. What a rip-off! I would never suggest to anyone to purchase goods from LG Electronics!

• Mr
    Mr. Edmond Oct 27, 2008

Over the last two years i have purchased over fifty items from LG both for personal use and business. These items consist of their latest Art cool split unit air conditions, flat screen TVs, home surround systems, washing machine, refrigerator, deep freezers, DVD players, and a micro wave over.

I was shocked to find out, when my micro wave which is under warranty had a fault, that LG does not honour international warranty agreements, instead they repair your good (s) for you, this is despite the fact that what needs fixing is covered by the warranty. I was even more shock to lean that sometimes parts can take months to be delivered to the service center and therefore your good(s) can sit in LG service center for anything up to three months or more.

Personally LG has failed to honour its logo “Life Good” and it need to look closely at its distributors and its marketing strategy.

• Co
    col satish sud Jun 14, 2007

Recently I bought a refrigerators 310 ltrs capacity from Hoshiarpur its cooling has not been proper. I have visited ur customer care center at Hoshiarpur and lodged the complaint the technicians who came to attend had no knowledge how to fix up the fault left without repairing the fault with a promise that he will send a senior technician. Two months gone inspite of my personal visit to the customer care center at Hoshiarpur no body has come to repair my refrigerator.

Similarly my lg microwave oven has not been working since last two months inspite of repeated reminders on phone and visits to th LG service center nobody has cared to attend the complaint. Really speaking I have lost faith in Lg products.