Having problems with Lewis Group?

Lewis Group reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 18, 2009. The latest review Bed set was posted on Sep 13, 2021. The latest complaint telefunken plasma tv 43 inch was resolved on Jan 14, 2020. Lewis Group has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 77 reviews. Lewis Group has resolved 3 complaints.

Lewis Group Customer Service Contacts

800 228 444 (Customer Service)
+27 860 000 272 (Sharecall)
53A Victoria Road, Woodstock
Cape Town
South Africa - 7925

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Lewis Group Customer Service. Initial Lewis Group complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Lewis Group above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Lewis Group. Discuss the issues you have had with Lewis Group and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Lewis Group Complaints & Reviews, Page 4

Lewis Storestv related

I have a problem with my tv been taking it in now for 5 times to be fixed by lewis maintenance stores .. they tried to fix it and the last time they advised that they fix the tv it has to be replaced i informed lewis jacobsdal and they said i must send a avidavit because its broken again . I faxed it to them and called the branch they advised that manager not in. And i asked for her to call me back .. they didnt take any information from me for her to call mr back to get this sorted out no one has came back to me im still waiting

Lewis Storestelevision set

I bought a television set and settled it before 6 months then after a year the set just stopped working and I had a maintenance contract with it. Called in lewis Roodepoort then took the TV there and within 3 weeks no call or feedback from them unless I called, Rebecca would always say she will call me but never efficient then she called me after weeks telln me that the person fixing the tv cannot be found on his phone and ordered equipment for the tv, after another week she called to tell me that the guy was unable to fix it and she will order a new tv that I must come and choose last week Thursday, its Wednesday today I called and left her a message yesterday to call me back she never did and today I call but I'm told she is not there, I'm highly dissatisfied with the service and will not be referring any of my friends to buy there, I do not even want to take anything with the credit they keep giving me because its obvious that they use people for their gain and do not care bout customers

Lewis — refund payment / purchasing a product (zink) and now want to be reimbursed

On 2018-04-16, I Mamello Leburu purchased goods at Lewis Stores, situated at 47 Du Toitspan Roads, Kimberley...

Kimberley

Lewis Store Grabouw — i'm not a customer, but they keep calling me.

Good day My name is Rezell van Coller, from Kleinnond western cape.I've never had an account with Lewis, my...

Lewis Stores — unethical behaviour

Die dag wat ons die aankope gedoen het, het ons n skriftelike kwotasie van Herman gekry, ons het home corp...

Lewis Stores — alice mk2 4 piece cocoa suite

I bought a 4piece sofas set from Lewis stores around about November/December 2016. Had a full payment clear...

Windhoek

Lewis Stores — the sales people doesn't want to help me!

Hi, when I went to Lewis Stores, just to.look around, the manager and an other lady said, all I need for...

Prieska

Lewis Storesdstv package

Good morning

I bought a couple of items at Lewis store Ekurhuleni (Springs) 2years ago, they added a Dstv package of which I never purchased and it wasn't delivered. For years I have been paying for something of which I never received nor purchased. I then went to the store and I explained everything to them, I was told to go to the police station and do an affidavit. I submitted it to the store manager and she said I will be contacted soon. I waited for months and when I went back there they said she resigned and I never heard from them until today.

Kind regards,
      Ndumiso Hadebe
      [protected]

Lewis Stores — received broken glass in cupboard door

My daughter lay byed a matress, kitchen unit and assembled wardrobe from lewis in harrison street jhb.After...

Johannesburg

Lewis Stores — unethical behaviour

2016/07/04 A lady from Lewis Stores Vanderbijlpark by the name of Leta, called my workplace, got through to...

Lewisstores.co.za — misleading contract

My husband went to your athlone store to get a bed and a mat for us as we were on the verge of getting...

Cape Town

Lewis Stores — harassment of customers over debt owed

I received a call from my sister this morning, and she informed me that a lady by the name of Charmaine and a...

Lewis Storesnew 2 month old mattress damaged

I purchased a new matrass from this store. After 2 months it was damaged at the seams. I reported this and got a answer of 'we have 14 days to respond' This is unexceptable they did not wait 14 days for my money. I reported this 2 weeks ago still nobody contacted me visited me to look at the damage. I am a pensioner and do not want to sleep on this damaged matrass. All I want is either my money back or a replacement, instead I am getting a dont care attetude that I do not deserve. This is the fist time I made use of Lewis and it will be the last for sure. I have also informed everybody that I know about this attitude of the staff and complaints dept.

Lewis Storesdisturbing phone call

Lewis Stores sent Mr Simons to Mom to arrange Payment . He asked if we can increase the payment amount of R500 to R600 as from end January, it was agreed upon. Today 8th of January my Mom received a phone call from this Ravonia, She was extremely rude and had a very bad attitude, she would not give my mom a chance to speak and shouted to her, ' i quote', 'No you will listen to me' when my MOm asked her to give her a chance to speak. This is not professional and not acceptable, yes i understand that the account is in arreas but she is paying, when i was working we paid in excess of R1000 a month. I just feel that it was not necessary for her to be so rude.

Lewis Storesstop selling used furniture as new to the clients, be honest

I bought a new bedroom suite from Lewis Stores in Lenasia on the 1109, they delivered on the 1509 (Incorrect furniture) then I called them, they said the one I choose was inorrectly priced, when I asked them to take the inoccrect one, I had to wait for two weeks. (the magager kept on giving me false stories, no delivery van, he needs to speak to his manager...) finally it was taken & the correct furniture was delivered to my shock, they gave me a demo model that was damaged badly. I reported it on 2609, they have still not taken it back, I have paid Cash for this. Disappointed. Lewis Stores lenasia, stop selling used furniture as new to the clients, be honest. Frustrated & not happy.

LewisI also received a sms of us dollar 2.8m

I also received a sms on the 10 of Agust 2009 I there for stating that I have won the Us Dollar Worth 2.8m with a refrence No 2FiFa 69/2010 and o to claim.

• Si
                  Sizani Taedi Jan 20, 2020

It's a month now I have returned the product . How long does it take to be refunded if you returned the goods as I bought it on cash.

Annamarie Alberts Oct 13, 2019

I have a brackenfell acc no [protected] under which I make EFT payments for the last 3-4 years. The branch closed down and my acc apparently is with Kraaifontein now with a new acc no. I am still paying under the original acc no for which I signed a contract. Now I am r6500 in arrears as lewis is not doing their work in allocating the payments!!!

Annamarie Norman Oct 08, 2019

Acc no [protected]
                  I am a client for 5 years already and pay my account EVERY month. After the Brackenfell store closed I am in arrears R4129. 25 all of a sudden and therefore affecting my credit record. Can someone please sort out my account failing which I will take the matter further. Thank you.

• Lu
                  Lulama Dec 12, 2009

I thought I won somethngs from you, But thank you keep me posted.

Lewis Storesbridge of verbal agreement on account

A Lewis sales man phoned me and informed me that I had credit available and I should come and buy. I told him that at that moment I was not in a financial position of paying an installment, so I could not buy at that moment, he persuaded me, but I told him I could only start paying on the 15th May 2009, he told me that is not a problem, that will be arranged for May month as the products were on sale at that point. The contract said installment is due 1st April and he said they will change it on the system and therefore I should not worry about what the contract says and he assured me. I signed the contract on 23 Feb 2009 for a sleeping couch and a washing machine for an installment of R530, 00 per month.
                During April around the 20, I went to remind him of the agreement and he said he had forgot to fix the payment date on the system, so we talked to his manager, who mentioned that I cannot expect to pay 2 months later and I explained to him that I did not invite myself, they phoned me and I told them my condition before I agreed to buy and he said the problem will be fixed when I pay my first installment. So my account was in arrears with the first month (April) and when I paid my 2nd installment it was now in arrears with R1032, 00 not R530 of 1 month anymore. The problem has still not been fixed and my account is accumulating arrears for their negligence and after promising me to rectify the problem.