Menu
Guardsman Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Guardsman
reviews & complaints

www.guardsman.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

2.0 107 Reviews

Guardsman Complaints Summary

26 Resolved
81 Unresolved
Our verdict: When using services from Guardsman with a poor resolution rate, be vigilant. Understand the common pitfalls other customers have faced. Prepare thoroughly for any interactions with their customer service, and consider alternative solutions if your issues are not addressed satisfactorily.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Guardsman has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Guardsman. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Guardsman reviews & complaints 107

Filter reviews by rating
Sort by:

Newest Guardsman reviews & complaints

12:28 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Guardsman Warranty on leather sofa and chair

I have been dealing with guardsman about getting the warranty processed for a leather sofa and chair. They only handle complaints from the hours of 10 am to 2 pm. Being on hold takes over an hour and a half each time. I have been hung up on 2 times trying to resolve the warranty problem. They will disconnect you if you call the wrong department saying that they are transferring you. Then you get to call back and wait another hour. During 2019 they stated that they did not have people to come out and take care of problems. Now they have had someone out to look at the damage and are now saying that it is cumulative damage and the they will not cover the damage. They have frequently said that they do not have the proper information to assess the damage but this is after they have had people out to look at the furniture. They are stalling to not cover the damage as the leather will need to be replaced.

Claimed loss: Couch damage love seat damage and chair damage

Desired outcome: I would like them to honor the warranty that was sold to me. I would like them to call me back and do follow up.

K
12:03 pm EST

Guardsman - Kitchen table

I filed a claim the day we noticed wood swell up from liquid on table. It was 11/11 and on one of the dates in the written statement there was a typo that said “6/11.” When I called to follow up the CSR Tanisha was very unwilling from the start of that call to help in anyway. When asked to speak with a supervisor, of course no one was available. I left a...

B
10:44 pm EDT

Guardsman Guardsman Protection Plan

I bought a guardsmam protection plan3 years ago from Havertys furniture. I filed a claim to Guardsman severskweeks ago and until now I'm am not getting any resolution them. They can't be reached and continues yo waste my time. The company is a scam and should he shut down immediately before they take money from more people. They are fraudulent and should not be trusted

Desired outcome: Honor the warranty service I bought and fix it sofa

Update by Bill Francia
Nov 04, 2023 10:46 pm EDT

Guardsman should be shut down and held accountable to their scam. Haverty’s Furnishoikd also be held accountable for recommending them

Is Guardsman legit?

Our verdict: Guardsman's operations, reviewed by Complaints Board, reveal a mostly legit stature albeit not without reservations. This assessment encourages users to navigate Guardsman's offerings with a discerning eye, especially scrutinizing the fine print and any user feedback closely.

Guardsman earns 68% level of Trustworthiness

Good Credibility Notice: Guardsman rated around 68% by Complaints Board. Generally safe, but exercise caution in information sharing.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Guardsman. The company provides a physical address, 4 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 3 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

The age of Guardsman's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Guardsman.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Guardsman website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Guardsman.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Guardsman.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The guardsman.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • Guardsman protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Guardsman. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
11:42 am EDT

Guardsman - Reclining catnapper love seat/sofa

On March 27th of 2023 our electronic reclining mechanism for our couch kept shoring out leaving one of the footrests completely extended in the up position. We filed a claim with Guardsman to send a technician out to diagnose the problem. We did not receive any follow up or tech visit until May of 2023. Once they diagnosed that we needed a new switch and...

F
12:20 pm EDT

Guardsman Furniture warranty

First, we never received the full warranty information from this company. We purchased a 5 year plan for a new living set because we have a dog that has nervous behaviors and chews on our furniture. We filed one claim for one cushion on our reclining sofa. The technician was allegedly going to contact me within 7 days. Six weeks later I followed up with Guardsman and miraculously I got a text from a repair company within 7 days. Not sure what will happen because the technician comes tomorrow to assess the damage and repair it. In the meantime, the dog chewed an opposite cushion. I spoke with a representative to help file another claim, they NEVER told me the warranty only covers ONE time animal damage repair. I'm livid. This was the only reason we purchased the warranty in the first place, or even purchased a new living room set. DON'T PURCHASE THIS WARRANTY, IT'S NOT WORTH IT!

Desired outcome: I want my animal damage covered for the 5 years we paid for.

Y
2:40 pm EDT

Guardsman - Furniture protection plan Nebraska furniture sectional [protected]

I am writing to express my deep dissatisfaction and frustration regarding my experience with the Guardsman Furniture Protection Plan, which I purchased to safeguard my furniture investment. Unfortunately, my experience has been anything but satisfactory, and I feel compelled to bring these issues to your attention. In March 2023, I submitted a claim under...

K
11:44 pm EDT

Guardsman - Protection plan

The WORST company I have ever had the displeasure of “working with.” I submitted a claim on in June and have heard NOTHING from this company. I have called numerous times to check the status for updates because they never did via call or email. Every-time I called to talk to a supervisor “all supervisors are busy at this time ma’am.” At least 4 times I have...

8:38 pm EDT

Guardsman - Grey power recliner sofa

We are seeking your assistance regarding the challenges we are encountering in our endeavor to have our sofa recliner furniture repaired. On May 25, 2019, we acquired a Grey Power Recliner Sofa from Steinhafels for $2,289.95, accompanied by the Guardsman Protection Plan 5 Year for $347.54. In January 2023, the right end seat recliner malfunctioned, failing...

Z
11:27 am EDT

Guardsman Electric couch

Worst warranty company ever. I am surprised Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM) has a contract with them. For the most part throughout my life (I am 64yrs old), I have bought furniture and appliances through NFM. I have bought their warranty along with the products but never had to use it until this year.

I have been battling with Guardsman since March 07, 2023 for a repair of an sofa. I was finally able to reach customer service (they are the worst) and on March 22nd, 2023 I was able to submit a claim on line. PS: takes over an hour to reach someone on phone. They finally sent a service person on 04/13/23 who told us that he would have to request part(s) - springs-from Guardsman. Took forever for this part to come in. On 08/07/23, I received an email from them stating that a that I would receive a call from the service person within 5-7d. Have not heard from anyone since.

I would strongly recommend not getting warranty through this company.

Thanks,

ZL

Desired outcome: Couch fixed

12:32 pm EDT

Guardsman furniture protection plan

I submitted a claim in early June 2023. The tech submitted his request June 12, 2023. I have been waiting since then for an update. I called their "customer service" multiple times - they couldn't understand me nor could I understand them. I sent a message via their website and was told to wait 45 days. I tried calling corporate surprise there's no one who answers a phone. I received a repy from the website query and I was told to call their customer service AGAIN. THEN I was told to call [protected] which is only manned two days a week. I waited on hold for over 12 hrs over multiple calls and not once was the line ever answered, nor an option to leave a message. This company seems to be a scam.

Desired outcome: I want a full refund of ALL money paid thru the purchase of my furniture -12 pieces.

7:33 am EDT

Guardsman Warranty not covered

I bought a leather recliner 6 months ago. As it was an expensive purchase stupidly I took out the additional warranty having been told it covers all defects, damages and stains. Called 17/07/2023 to register a stain on the arm of the sofa caused by my dog and was informed it is not covered.

If I had read these complaints before I had purchased wouldn't have spent £300 on sofa care package. Is this a con!

Desired outcome: I want my stain cleaning.

10:12 am EDT

Guardsman Latch under dining table broken

Received table in November 22. June 25, 23 had birthday party and expanded table but latch broke when tried to lock it after putting it back. Mistakenly put 5/25 rather than 6/25 on claim form and was rejected as it was too long a time before reporting. I called and explained that husband made a mistake on form and party was for my 84th birthday and I would be glad to send copy of my driver's license to show that was my birthday and the date was a mistake. He said it didn't matter, no excuses and hung up on me.

Desired outcome: I want my table fixed!

A
7:14 pm EDT

Guardsman Warranty denied

I purchased the Knightsbridge Chesterfield 11 seat sectional by iNSPIRE by Q Artisan & the Guardsman 5 year from Overstock on Dec 7, 2017, although it was not delivered until Dec 11th (therefore the warranty began on delivery). One section of the sectional was getting everyday usuage & it caused wear & tear damage that has caused the bonded leather to wear off. I filed the claim on Dec 10, 2022 (thought claim went through days earlier but rechecked & it hadn’t). I never even received an email of the denial. I contacted them online on 12-28-22 telling them that I had filed a claim and had not heard from them yet and they replied that they did not have a claim from me? I then called them on 12-29-22 & they told me that my claim was denied because the damage wasn’t reported within 7 days of damage. The claim form questions are set up to report an accident not wear and tear type damage; so it’s set up to be denied. I did not know when the damage occurred so I put an approximate date of a few months back. I feel ripped off & stuck with a sectional that is damaged and no idea how to get it fixed or replace pieces? I guess everyone needs to read the terms of warranty’s & fudge the information to fit the terms of warranties?!? I have never had such an experience with a warranty claim before and will think twice before ever purchasing a Guardsman Furniture Protection plan again.

Desired outcome: I would like the sectional replaced.

2:33 pm EDT

Guardsman Lift chair service agreement #[protected]

The repair man came out 6-14-23 after a very long wait to get him here.

He came out and check things out. Because it happened to work that day he could not fix it properly.

It will work here or there then completely leave my 90 year old mother is the completely back position. It will then no go back up so she can safely get out of the chair.

I spoke with him today 6-24-23 Christopher Luton [protected].

He said that he believes both the remote and the electrical box needs replaced that the service order he filled out on 6-14-23 that I did not get to see that he said it worked while he was here but sees this is an ongoing issue.

The way to resolve this is to replace these parts.

I sent 2nd request on 6-19-23 but have not received confirmation that you have received this?

Please have someone contact us to tell us when they are coming back out to fix her chair. It says 30 days we will hear from you but it would be nice to get some kind of confirmation it is in the works to repair this chair.

I tried to call recently but I was on hold for over an hour then it just hung up on me.

Thank you very much. Evelyn Marshall [protected].

Desired outcome: I want this chair fix ASAP so my 90 year old mother will be safe. Both the remote and the electrical box needs replaced.

L
1:50 am EDT

Guardsman Sofa

I filed a claim with Guardsman’s about…

I filed a claim with Guardsman’s about a stain in my sofa. The stain was an in home incident and they denied the claim 3 times with different excuses. Each time that I called them, I had to wait over 50 minutes before I was connected to someone. It’s cheaper to bring a company that can come to my house and clean it. I’m sure it’s not going to cost me $300. What really gets me upset is the fact that they sent me a 4fl oz liquid for me to clean such a big sofa. I don’t know how to clean a sofa and I have really bad knees. I can imagine how many people they have scammed

Desired outcome: To investigate Guardsman’s claims records, to find out how many people have been scammed by them

2:43 pm EDT

Guardsman 5 year gold protection plan

The furniture was purchased with a day-1 Guardsman warranty but Guardsman is denying all claims.

Guardsman did reach out to my mother after I contacted their parent company, and they affirmed that the claim was denied under their one year manufacturer warranty policy. This policy is not listed in the contract. The representative also said that it didn't matter the one year manufacturer warranty had already expired and she "wouldn't be getting anything from them".

For clarification, this set was purchesed by Rotman's from the manufacturer (Lane Home Furnishings) in April of 2021, meaning that warranty would have expired April 2022. Deanna purchased this set from Rotmans with a Day-1 Guardsman warranty on July 31, 2022.

We did reach out to Rotman's on their last day in business. They told us to call the warranty company, which is denying the claim.

At this point I don't believe Guardsman will act in good faith with a repair scenario, and I would rather have the entire contract fufilled and finished with a refund ($3,597.90). Additionally, guardsman is saying they have received legal paperwork regarding the claim and will not speak with us. They keep saying to contact the legal team but won't provide their information or a copy of the paperwork. We have not taken legal action or submitted any legal claims.

Desired outcome: Refund for the purchase price of the furniture per contract terms.

2:38 pm EST

Guardsman Furniture warranty

We purchased a reclining loveseat from a local furniture store and bought the warranty through Guardsman in case we had any problems. We had the loveseat for a year and it stopped working. It's stuck in a reclining position on one side and upright on the other. Looks stupid.

My husband and I both filed a claim. (First one on January 25). After waiting two weeks, I decided to call the 800 number as we hadn't heard back. The guy that answered was very condescending and said our claim was "in the que". He was VERY hard to understand so I'm sure I was hooked up to some call center in India. When asked if he could narrow down the repair date to days or weeks, he just chuckled and said he couldn't do that, and then some other line that I didn't understand. Don't waste your money!

Desired outcome: Would love to have our stupid recliner fixed. I hate looking at it now. Preferably, we could just get our money back.

J
4:21 pm EST

Guardsman Will not cover faulty furniture under warranty

I purchased A guardsman warranty plan through Nebraska Furniture Mart for a 2 reclining chairs and a couch. I filed a claim with guardsman for a small 1 inch seam that had come unstitched and a power head rest quit working. Guardsman denied my claim because they said I waited to long before reporting the issue. Then the exact same thing happened to the other chair and I reported it immediately and that claim was just ignored. They wont call me back or return emails. I've called them several times and finally get to talk to someone they tell me they will look into it and get back to me and I never here anything. I feel that this warranty is a scam and that they never have any intentions of fixing anything. DON'T BUY GUARDSMAN FURNITURE WARRANTY FROM NEBRASKA FURNITURE MART.

Desired outcome: I would like them to pay to fix my furniture.

G
11:08 am EDT

Guardsman Warranty plan

[protected]-7596C

I submitted a claim on 10/21/2022, to Guardsman, for a rocker recliner purchased thru Overstock in November of 2020. I filed the claim stating the chair seat was noticeably tilted to the left. The claim was denied, stating it was filed later than 5 days from being reported. I want it to be known, the tilting on the chair did not all happen in one day! The chair started with a very slight lean, barely noticeable at first. A couple of days later, I thought it was a little more. This went on for over a week. My DIL stopped to visit, and I asked her to sit in the chair. She said the seat was definitely leaning to the left. She first called Overstock and got the information I needed. I called Guardsman. Guardsman sent an E-mail, with the information they said we needed. We submitted the claim to Guardsman. We are not maintenance people, and really didn't know what was happening with the chair. I am 84 years old and feel that this has been poorly handled. All I am asking is for my chair to be fixed. This is the reason I purchased the extended warranty.

Desired outcome: Chair Fixed

V
11:13 am EDT

Guardsman Not servicing my couches

Filed a claim on 11/15/22 and have not been serviced. On day I submitted claim, I was informed that claim was submitted timely. I called and was informed I had submitted claim timely and should expect someone to come take a look at my couches soon but do to COVID they were experiencing delays in servicing their customers. Called again weeks later and once again was told that my claim was submitted timely and was informed the same issue - just brief holds during COVID but that someone would contact me. It's been almost a year and no service. Now it's hard to reach anyone and nobody answers the phone and finally after 1.5 hours of being on hold... I'm told I didn't submit claim timely and there's nothing I can do to re-submit claim even though they've already collected on my $ and know about my couches needing servicing. also, when submitting claim, they don't send you a confirmation e-mail that you've submitted it. I even submitted a complaint to them thru their channels electronically and same thing... no confirmation that they've received your complaint. this is their way of you not having an record that you've submitted a complaint or a claim for that matter.

We need a civil action lawsuit as this tells me I'm not the ONLY one experiencing this issue and they've been taking advantage of consumers for a very very long time.

Please advise!

Desired outcome: no outcome

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Guardsman contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Guardsman?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Guardsman Customer Service. Initial Guardsman complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Guardsman above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Guardsman. Discuss the issues you have had with Guardsman and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.