Having problems with Guardsman?

Guardsman Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 516 0195 (United States)
+44 345 266 0626 (United Kingdom)
+61 288 673 333 (Australia)
+31 707 709 288 (Netherlands)
4999 36th St SE
Grand Rapids, Michigan
United States - 49512-2005
United Kingdom
152 Brook Drive, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4SD, United Kingdom

Australia
Level 4, 2 Burbank Place, Baulkham Hills NSW 2153

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Guardsman Customer Service. Initial Guardsman complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Guardsman above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Guardsman. Discuss the issues you have had with Guardsman and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Guardsman Complaints & Reviews

Nov 24, 2020

Guardsman — Protection plan claim number: [protected]

I purchased a recliner from Ashley Furniture in 2017 along with $149 protection plan. This year, 2020, the...

Nov 13, 2020

Guardsman — Replacement parts

May, 2020 - broken recliner switch. Called for Service, they ordered the part, I've been waiting since...

GuardsmanFurniture policy

My claim was rejected by letter after not so much as an inspection or contact. I have to wonder if this is due to the fact I took out the cover through Harvey's Furniture who are no longer trading.
The policy however is valid for 5 years!
This is just outrageous service. Absolute RIP OFF.
I wish to raise a complaint and follow through to the regulatory body.

GuardsmanDid not want to replace tear on sectional cushion

I have the Gold plan. During the pandemic my sectional received a couple stains and a tear on a cushion all from my kids being in the home for so long. When I filed a complaint they denied because of the "Overall" status on my sectional, from pictures, may I add. Worst customer service ever. It was the 1st time I filed a claim in the 4.5 years I have had this sectional. I even said, ok...forget the stains, ill take care of that, just take care of the tear. They would not work with me. What a company...not to mention during this pandemic.

Nov 06, 2019

Guardsman — bedroom furniture

I had a problem with Furniture bought from Haverty, Haverty salesman told me that all the defects or damage...

Guardsmanwarranty division

I submitted a claim in April of 2019 for repairs to my couch. I purchased the Guardsman warranty when i purchased the furniture. I submitted all requested paperwork and photos. Its now November and my couch is still not repaired. I am currently on hold, recording this phone call. If I do not get an appointment to have my couch repaired during this phone call, I will be filing suit on Guardsman for Fraud and Theft of Services. I am no longer accepting excuses from this company.

• Ad
          Adhtz21 Nov 02, 2020

Not sure if my claim was rejected by letter after not so much as an inspection or contact due to the fact I took out the cover through Harvey’s Furniture who are no longer trading.
          The policy however is valid for 5 years!!!
          This is just a joke £480 for cover and minor claim rejected without inspection!!!
          Do not touch this insurance its a waste of money.
          Notice how Guardsman only include positive reviews on their website!!!
          That is outrageous as is their claims process. Absolute RIP OFF.
          ***Do not purchase***

Guardsmanrepair cover for brown montreal electric recliner

CLARICE gerring 39 meadowcroft bushey wd23 3by. Ref 228203. My chair stopped working and I put in a claim to fix it on 30 April 2019 it is now 19 September 2019 and it still hasn't been fixed I am a disabled pensioner and I rely on my electric chair so to not have it for nearly 5 months has been awful. They have said they are coming twice with the part and given ME a date but haven't turned up without any explanation which is very upsetting. I really hope you can resolve this issue as I am at the end of my feather. I look forward to hearing from you you can contact me on my e-mail address [protected]@hotmail.com or ring me on [protected] or by letter to 39 meadowcroft, high street, bushey, hertz, WD23 3by. I look forward to hearing from you.

RESOLVED

• Guardsman's response · Sep 23, 2019

Dear Ms Gerring,

I am so sorry to see you have found reason to raise a complaint with Guardsman.

Thank you for your message and update via this portal.

I have instructed my complaints team to log a formal complaint for you, to which we will write to you to advise of this. As a regulated industry there are standards and requirements we need to adhere to, and I will ensure this happens now we are aware of your complaint.

I have instructed your claims handler, Ellen, to contact you as soon as able.

I can see we are waiting on a part and our technician to arrange an appointment to come and fix your recliner. I will follow this up daily and make sure all are doing as required.

As part of your complaint, we will investigate why the visits were not fulfilled with no notice.

Should you wish to contact your claims handler, the complaints team or myself, you can use the below information.

Complaints Team - [protected]

T: +[protected]
            E: [email protected]

Jul 30, 2019

Guardsman — furniture repair

In October 2018 my 90 year old mother contacted Guardsman online to fix her Lazy Boy chair. They contracted...

Jul 22, 2019

Guardsman — I am complaining about product and service

I am extremely dissatisfied with the customer service and Guardsman Warranty plan. I have had two previou...

Lennox
          Apr 25, 2019

Guardsman Protection Services — customer service

Guardsman is no more than a con of services that will never be met. Stay a way from this company, even if you...

Jan 04, 2019

Guardsman — burnsville sofa #sku [protected] espresso 97x38x39 " h

The complaint I have is that the sofa springs are not setting properly. When someone sits on the sofa and...

Guardsman — furniture cleaning under contract

This was the worst experience I've ever encountered with this company. The technician double parked his car...

Guardsman — furniture repair

Eighteen months ago I purchased high-end quality furniture from Ethan Allen. It was suggested that I also...

Guardsmanfurniture protection plan

I purchased a sectional from Kittles in IN two years ago. When I purchased the sectional I also purchased the guardsman furniture protection plan. About 4 months ago I noticed that the corner of the sectional had begun to sink and a one of the cushions had been torn. So I began the claim process. I called. They sent me forms to submit in 30 days. I did that and on Sept. 1st they sent me an email saying thank you and the order was being processed. So today, 3 months later I thought..."wow no one has gotten a hold of me I wonder what's going on." This sectional is in my kids bonus room so it's out of sight and often out of mind. So I called. I gave them my information and they pulled my record. They said someone tried to call and clarify my claim and couldn't leave a message because my voicemail was full. Well I run a business so I'm sure it was. They also said that they sent an email...which I NEVER RECEIVED and I had 10 days to respond and now my claim is invalid! WHAT! WAIT. So I asked what was the information needing to be "CLARIFIED" they said so you think you have broken springs and a torn cushion!!! Why would that need to be verified. That is EXACTLY what was on my claim. It is all a big scam. They take your money for the protection plan and find reasons not to do their job. I will never buy another protection plan from them.

Guardsman — furniture "gold plan"

I cannot be more disgusted with the way that Guardsman does business.I purchased the insurance from Haverty'...

Guardsman — Warranty

Like others have said, this company is a joke. The warranty is worthless. lost power on a reclining sofa...

Guardsman/Haverty's — Protection plan

I spent $300 on the gold protection plan. Big mistake!!! After the workman came to my home and told me the...

Guardsman — Guardsman 5 year scam protection plan

Business Information Business ID: [protected] Name: Jennifer Convertibles Address: 335 Crossways Park...

GuardsmanFailure to honor Extended Warranty

On 6/07/14, I purchased a living room suite of furniture from Jerome's furniture. At that time we also purchased the Guardsman Extended Warranty. On 8/16/15 I reported to Jerome's that I noticed a loud sound whenever I used the power recliner to recline. They sent out a technician within a couple of days who said that the mechanism was bent, that the repair would need to be processed through Guardsman as the manufacturer's warranty was no longer valid. I immediately called guardsman and they sent me a claim form by email that would need to be filled out and sent by regular mail to them. I completed the form immediately and sent it to Guardsman. After several weeks, Guardsman sent me an email that they had tried to contact me by phone and wanted me to give them some additional information, that I would need to call them within 10 days. I did call them within 10 days. They asked me how long I had reported the problem from the time I noticed it. Just off the top of my head I told them "a month". They said this was too long according to the contract (5 days). I then went back to verify the date and found that I had reported the problem within the 5-day period per the contract. Jerome's confirmed this timeframe. Guardsman said that, since I told them a month on a "recorded line", they would not honor the warranty. I spoke with a supervisor who said that per the "recording", they could do nothing. This extended warranty by Guardsman is a total SCAM!

GuardsmanPoor service

The entire claim reporting system is designed to delay, frustrate and ultimately deny claims so that they don't have to fulfill their contracts. They enforce a minimum number of days to report yet take 3 times that number of days to process a claim. They purposely don't list an address on their website to send a complaint to the office. Their staff never gives a time estimate to respond.

Worse insurance purchase I have ever made!