Lens.comcontacts wrong script

M

I recently purchased 2 boxes of reading contacts at a price of 41 dollars. When they arrived I opened the box and put one in and it burned and hurt my eye. I went through three contacts in the box. I contacted lens.com to let them know that one of the boxes had damaged lenses. They said well thats because you have -250 not +250. I said that I would never have checked the boxes as I assumed that the prescription was correct and the contacts were damaged. I thought they would send 2 boxes immediately and that this would be resolved. I cannot believe they can send me any old prescription. They turned around and blamed me for not having put the + in the order. They said that they legally have 8 hours to FAX my Dr. and if they do not hear back they go ahead and send the order as is. (I have ordered from lens.com since 2007). They lens.com has my prescription on their files. My opthamalogist said they received the fax at 7pm, they are closed. So, after I sent the unopen box back to their company and called today after two weeks, they have no record of this. I am furious. I cannot believe they are in business. They can cause serious damage to people if they are sending out any old prescription that I put on my order. They should be alerted to check a prescription if it is not their typical script. I am going to contact the Attorney Generals office, and AOA.com. Please never order from this fraud of a company!

• Di
    Diane57 Mar 04, 2010

The same thing happened to me! I assumed since they are in the contact business and were to verify the prescription that it was right when I opened the box, put in my right contact and was pretty much blind!!! When I called they put the blame on me for not checking the box before opening and refused to correct the mistake and refund or exchange the wrong box I had opened. I had ordered eight boxes, 7 of which I am returning today for a refund because I will NEVER do business with this terrible company again! They SUCK!!! You don't save money when you lose money because of their mistakes!!!