Complaints & Reviews

wrong contact prescription & color

I fowarded this complaint to Lens.com and the Better Business Bureau on 2/4...

dishonesty

Do not buy from this company. They are dishonest and sleazy. They add a service charge in addition to shipping charges. It's ok for them to do this but the problem is you do not realize they are doing it. The service charge simply appears in the total. So for example, you buy two boxes of contacts at $25 each. You would expect the total to be $50 but it's not. Instead it's 6.5% higher. You may not realize this when placing the order and they don't tell you. They advertise low prices but then deceptively add on this 6.5% surcharge to unsuspecting customers. They have refused to change this deceptive practice and I'm surprised the State Attorney Generals have not caught on to this. I live in NH and have written to mine. Hope if you had a similar experience in your state you do the same.

Bad service

This was a great experience. I had some problems reading my prescription but I called the customer service and was connected to a live human instantly! The customer service rep (Karen) was very friendly and knowledgeable she answered all of my questions and helped me placed my order. I also got an e-mail telling me that the order has shipped, which is very helpful if you live by yourself. I am very impressed with their service (not to mention all the money I saved) I already told my family and friends to order from lens.com

• Tr
    Trevor Mar 04, 2009

What aggravation! I originally ordered on 1/8 - the web site said product was in stock and usually ships same day. The order didn't ship until 1/20, because, I found out, they had to order my contacts from the manufacturer. 1st strike. Then my order does not arrive and I begin an arduous process of tracking it. Their website tracking drops off after FedEx "Smart Post" gives it to the post office. FedEx claims giving it to the Post Office, USPS claims they do not have package. So I contact Lens.com and they say the package is lost. They will issue a refund or re-order, but because of the value of my package, I have to wait 30 days before doing that! I'm in limbo. Can't re-order with them or anyone else, because if the package somehow shows up then I'll have double the order. 2nd Strike.

So now a month and a half into this ordeal, Feb 20th, I call the company and they give me a refund. They say if I want to re-order, they will send what they DO have in stock (9 boxes out of my order of 12) TODAY, and they will ship it FedEx 2-Day. Silly me, desperate for these lenses, I think it's the best option I have and I go ahead. Thinking, surely the first problems were a fluke, they would make sure to get it right this time. One week later, still no lenses. I called them and they said 7 boxes (not 9) shipped on the 23rd (not the 20th) via regular mail (not FedEx 2 day!). Unbelievable. (I wonder if I will ever get these lenses...) Strike 3.

Buyer beware! I will never order from this company again. (I heard from a friend that 1-800-contacts is good... but I will definitely check reviews before ordering contacts online again.

saintsvalentine Jul 02, 2009

hmm, why would someone come on a complaints board to praise a company? Smells like another SCAM by lens.com.

Sorry Service

I ordered my lens on September 7th, and emailed them my RX. I will not receive them until October 7th I just found out. They were not shipped out until Sept. 29th, claiming they were on back order. I ordered my husbands lens through lensdiscounters.com and had his in 8 days from the day of order. I call Lens.com to complain and they really don't give a crap. It is just the way it is, they say. Ok, so I wish I had read this first. BUYER BEWARE<DO NOT BUY YOUR LENS FROM THEM>

extra charges

Lens.com charges a 6.5% handling fee on top of their other stuff. This is not shown online, you only see the charge once the order has been delivered to you. I called the customer service rep and asked about it and all she said was that they disclose it during the order process. I went back through to find out when they disclose the charge and couldn't find it. What they do is show the contacts charge, subtrack out any coupon codes you have and then they give you a subtotal. This subtotal has the 6.5% charge added in but it never tells you that. It has an "*" next to it, but there is no place during the complete order process where they tell you what the "*" means!!! Ahhhh. It just bugs me.

Janetdro Jul 26, 2013

I ordered 4 boxes on contacts on 4/26/2013. The only reason I bought from them was because I purchased a Groupon (expired now). The website will not let you use more than one promotion code and considered groupon as a coupon code, which takes off any other discount. Also, they charge a large service fee, and they are misleading about their price match guarantee. They DO NOT match other online retailers. (which I why I bought the groupon in the 1st place). I called to place my order and they let me use the $5 off and free S & H (not processing). I am hoping my contacts are not backordered like I have read. The girl on the phone seemed like she did not know what she was doing and not professional

Summary - Service fee, considers groupon as a coupon code, do not price match
    Do NOT buy on lens.com

fake coupon code, dishonest, no customer service

Lens.com is not an honest seller. I will not do business with them. They gave out fake coupon codes to trick people to order from them. When you enter the coupon code, the shopping cart shows the coupon is accepted and shows the amount of the discount, but when you pay attention, you’ll realize the discount is not reflected in the total amount due at the end. So you thought you got a discount, but actually you DON’TI tried different coupon codes and same thing happened. ! Can’t believe they are using this kind of scam to trick their customers. Isn’t that too low?? I contacted their customer service twice by email, but have never gotten any response. I am glad I found out the issue before placing my order. Lens.com is a scam! And I’ve heard different things about how they are dishonest with their customers. Beware! I will never do business with them!

misleading facts on web site

I placed a order with them .7 days later I sent a email asking about my order only to be told that it was backed ordered and could take 7 to 10 days. The website says that Lens.com have great customer service, are fast, conventent and easy.I think that these statements misled me to use their service.
Nothing about my order falls in line with those statements.
I purchased my contacts from a different seller www.coastalcontacts.com and received them in 3 days.

Rude service

On 11/17/2007, I ordered Toric lenses from LENS.COM - their website states great customer service. In MID DECEMBER, I called because I had not received the contacts or any e-mail or information on the status of my order. When I called, I was told that the Toric lenses take longer - understandable - but they should be done processing by the end of the week. Christmas went by - New Years went by - still no contacts. I called again the first week of JANUARY, and was told again that the Toric lenses take longer. I asked where on the website does it state that it can take up to 7 WEEKS for my order to be filled. I was told that I would be sent some information - I never received anything.

Today, I called AGAIN to check the status of my contacts (I've been wearing the same set for 9 weeks now), and was told the same thing...Toric lenses can take longer. When I asked the same question again - where on your website does it state that - I started receiving an ATTITUDE from the rep. I then asked when can I expect my lenses, why is it taking so long, and that I needed this information so I can make a judgment call on whether I was going to cancel my order and order from someone else, or just wait. She said that the lenses are non-refundable, and the order can not be canceled. That's when I wanted to verify with her that although the website touts GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, when things go wrong like my order, the customer just has to suffer. THEN, SHE SAID SHE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS AND HUNG UP ON ME MID-SENTENCE! I've NEVER had to deal with this type of company - and I never will do business with them again. I've followed everything that they requested, but got the run-around then hung up on. If you like to deal with problem, unprofessional companies, then LENS.COM is for you - otherwise, I suggest you order from someone else.

ps. After calling back and asking for a supervisor, I actually got someone who SAID she was going to check the delay and get my contacts out ASAP - we'll see about that. But she didn't seem surprised when I told her of the reps actions - I guess they are just 'used to it'.

• Su
    susie May 06, 2009

I orderded contacs and had to send prescription. I did receive them. Ordered again a month later and was told my prescription was no good. Still had 9 months remaining.

No delivery and poor service

I had a very similar experience as the other complaints. First my order was canceled without being informed...

unauthorized charges

On 5/16 I ordered lenses. On 5/21/08 I called them and canceled the order. It did show as canceled. On...

Unable to receive my contact lenses

I am having the the most difficult time in obtaining my contact lenses. I paid a Fed-ex charge twice. First it took a week to receive them, the wrong prescription. I had to pay a Fed-ex price again and am now waiting over another week and they so far are unable to give me a tracking number or information as to the status of my order. And they refuse to give me a refund. They are both incompetant and have poor service.

No lenses - no response from customer service reps!

I ordered contact lenses and paid a premium so they would be delivered quicker. That was a month ago - they...

False warranty and rude service!

Rude and derogatory customer service. They do not respect legitimate complaints and do not follow their stated guarantee. "We also guarantee that all contact lenses will be delivered free of any manufacturer defects or we will replace them at no additional cost." I was rudely advised that something was wrong with my eye when I advised them of some defective lenses. My optometrist confirmed that my eyes were healthy and the lens.com supplied lenses were defective. They refused to provide a refund and I was told by their representative that in the 10 years of service she's given she's never heard of a partial packet of lenses being defective... they also didn't bother answering my initial email, so if you have a problem you'll need to call them for service.

• Mm
    M Mcfarland Jan 10, 2008

On 11/17/2017, I ordered Toric lenses from LENS.COM - their website states great customer service. In MID DECEMBER, I called because I had not received the contacts or any e-mail or information on the status of my order. When I called, I was told that the Toric lenses take longer - understandable - but they should be done processing by the end of the week. Christmas went by - New Years went by - still no contacts. I called again the first week of JANUARY, and was told again that the Toric lenses take longer. I asked where on the website does it state that it can take up to 7 WEEKS for my order to be filled. I was told that I would be sent some information - I never received anything.

Dishonesty and unreliable/rude service

I placed my order through the internet on June 11, 06, I faxed the Rx to their 1-877 number the next day. Two...