Having problems with LegalZoom.com?

LegalZoom.com Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 773 0888 (Customer Care)
9900 Spectrum Drive
Sat7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
SunClosed
Notice of Dispute, General Counsel
101 North Brand Blvd, 11th Floor, Glendale, CA 91203

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with LegalZoom.com Customer Service. Initial LegalZoom.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for LegalZoom.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about LegalZoom.com. Discuss the issues you have had with LegalZoom.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

LegalZoom.com Complaints & Reviews

LegalZoom.comLLC

Legal Zoom has unethical business practices. I would NEVER recommend using their services. I paid $600 (which I later found out you can do this yourself for the fraction of the cost that LegalZoom charges) for Legal Zoom services in 2016 and no longer have the business. They auto enrolled me for services I never needed nor agreed to! They sent me to collections.

LegalZoom.comtrust documents

my husband has passed away and he ordered a trust for him to sign. legalzoom fail to remind him it is not complete unless its notarized and signed he thought just filling it on line its enough.
    when notary public called them they gave her an early version of his will when we are only partner. we got married later.
    now i don't have signed trust. i have will which is a pervious copy.
    its signed but i was thinking is the trust he is sighing. he didn't check is signed but i wanted the trust to be signed. i am disabled with no income. what do i do now

Aug 31, 2020

LegalZoom.com — Continues to charge my account for two years after deactivating my services

I registered my LLC with Legal Zoom back in 2017 and I dissolved my LLC in March of 2019 meaning I also...

LegalZoom.comRegistered agent

I filled for my llc thru legal zoom was told I would be charged a set price untoil 1yr later they will charge a yrly agen fee but my bank account was charged $249 for a agent fee. Without my permission im going to start a class action lawsuit with legalzoom because ive been reading reviews and this company is a scam I wish I never used to help with my llc startup

LegalZoom.comregistered agent service

Two years ago I formed a LLC through Legalzoom. I ended my relationship with Legalzoom a few months later. Months after this, I was charged fees for their Registered Agent service. After dealing with them on the phone, I got this reversed and refunded.

Now, more than 2 years later, I have ANOTHER charge for the same registered agent service that I had been refunded for. I haven't logged into Legalzoom, nor requested anything from them since they agreed to refund the last time.

Their customer support line is not open currently and beyond that, I am not their customer and haven't been for 2 years. This is a fraudulent charge as far as I'm concerned and I have reported it as such to begin a reversal through my bank and (hopefully) a criminal investigation, because this is a CRIME.

If you are also dealing with this, please do the same.

Dec 11, 2019

LegalZoom.com — llc “registered agent” scam

I signed up for Legal Zoom because I wanted to form my LLC but didn't want to go through the trouble of...

LegalZoom.comregister service

I just got $300 taken off my card with out any warning for a company that's been closed for THREE YEARS!!! We have contacted legal zoom multiple times to cancel our account and they still charged me.
          Thieves. Liars. Cheats. This is unbelievable my kids birthdays are today and my emergency credit card is max out due to this and not I'm not able to cover a lot of the services I needed to cover

register service

Jul 31, 2019

LegalZoom.com — registered agent scam

I, like many others was scammed by the lack of information concerning legal zoom being the registered agent...

LegalZoom.comunauthorized charges

My name is Eduardo J. Selener
            eduardo.[protected]@gmail.com

I used Legalzoom website and they asked to sign up and I did.
            But it wasn´t clear at the website that I was making a monthly subscription. Since then, they´ve been charging $40 to my account.
            As I don´t live in US and I don´t use my american account so often, I only noticed the charges now.

This is a total scam.
            The pitch: you can get a contracts and more for $40
            The reality: you'll be charged $40 every subsequent month whether you want more services or not.
            This fact is presented to you in the most obscure and deliberately manner. The subscription isn't mentioned on the front page, it's not mentioned during sign-up, only when you finish your document you have a (slight) chance to read the very fine print.

I asked for a refund and they keep saying that I signed in! Who would sing a service for more than a year and never use it???

LegalZoom.comregistered agent fees

Legal Zoom is a mess of a company! Their reps DO NOT know what they are talking about. I tried to start an LLC with them and they delayed the filling by more than a month, when I called them, they kept claiming that it was my state of California causing the delay, and this was NOT true! I was able to file another LLC on my own in only 4 days for a 1/5 of the price! They lied to me multiple times and refused to give me a refund because according to them "the state had the paperwork and they could not do anything about it". I was told by more than one person at the secretary of state office that ALL legal zoom had to do was send them email with a request to pull my application, which can then lead to legal zoom giving me a refund. DO you think they did it? Of course NOT, because they are thieves and I pray that karma gets this company! This is on top of their misleading registered agent fees, which like many before me, I was duped into signing up for! I REGRET doing business with you, I've never had a worse experience.

LegalZoom.com — nonprofit corporation

LegalZoom.com charged me $1200 on July 16th, 2018 to get a non-profit set up. Six weeks later I got the...

Legalzoom — registered agent fee

LegalZoom has fraudulently charged my closed about a $160 Registered Agent fee that I have never agreed to...

Legalzoom — registered agent scam; registered agent fees - unauthorized charges

I incorporated my company on 2012, legalzoom without my authorization charged me $159 for registered agent...

Legalzoom — registered agent

LegalZoom just charged me $249 on 4/8/17!!! And before that $159 in 2016 and 2015!! I called them today and...

LegalzoomRegistered Agent Services

I formed an LLC in Arkansas five years ago, and used LegalZoom. Like others, I was caught unaware by the $159/yr registered agent fee, but that's on me for not reading the fine print. Business practices like subtle costs and mandatory auto-deduct do take away from the credibility of the institution though, and when I asked to cancel my service I was informed of the following:
                1. I must maintain a registered agent service through legalzoom until I dissolve my LLC
                2. To dissolve my LLC I must pay $338
                3. After paying, I was informed they couldn't complete my order because of unpaid state taxes.
                4. They instructed me to contact Arkansas tax folks to figure out I owed $150/yr for each year of the LLC's life, now complete with late fees for four of the years.
                My main complaint is that every year my LegalZoom dashboard said "No additional filing requirements". So not only do I have all these fees, but the actual registered agent never informed me of taxes I needed to pay the state, nor were they proactive about telling me before I paid the $338 to dissolve. I'm just glad I found this out now before I had 15 years of back taxes due.

I reached out to LZ customer service and had a nice conversation with them about what I needed to do. Their customer support is alright, but the problems are driven by their own policies and failures, and I will not see a dime refunded for these expenses that total well over $1000. As of now I have paid the back taxes but I'm still waiting on LZ to finalize the dissolution. Hopefully there are no other mysterious fees.

The attached picture is what showed as due every single month of the year.

Registered Agent Services

LegalzoomUnauthorized recurrent CC charges

Well, 4 years ago I helped a friend of mine to open an Non-profit organization with LegalZoom. Since she didn't have a credit card, I provided it for her for one-time payment only. Now to my amusement, LegalZoom illegally stored my credit card info and charged me every year $159 for their representation services even though i have no affiliation with the Non-profit organization that they created. Moreover, my friend contacted them several times soon after Non-profit was created, and asked to stop their representation. They said it will automatically stop after 1 year is passed. I'm considering a legal action, or perhaps a Class Lawsuit Action against LegalZoom for their fraudulent illegal practices. Please contact me to join: [protected]@gmail.com.

Legal ZoomRude and have no advice

I fills out the online form to have an attorney contact me in my area. I set up an appointment time in the morning to have an attorney call me and they called me an hour later than my scheduled time. I was told that an attorney couldn't call me until later that afternoon, when the attorney finally contacted me 30 min late, He was rude, did not identity himself by name, offered no advice other than I would need $1000. As soon as I explained that I was a stay at home mother of 4, with no income, he stated "well you can contact us when you can afford it", I asked if i could file then paperwork myself, and he said "no, I wouldn't make that gamble", and i asked why not, he said, "I guess you don't need to be speaking to me if you know what you're doing." And he hung up on me!! Legal zoom needs to screen which firms they outsource to.

• Ay
                        aytcha Aug 03, 2011

I realized that Legal Zoom is very over priced. They also said, that if a consumer is not satisfied then they will get their money back..NOT TRUE!!. I want to recommend everyone NOT to use Legal Zoom. In the long run, you will save alot of money.

Legalzoom — Failure to comply with there own return policy and lying.

LegalZoom associates did not follow my instructions when filing for a LLC. I call and asked several time...

Legalzoom — Unauthorized Charges

Same here! They ran this garbage on me too! I guess this is regular practice. I would recommend anyone to do...

LegalzoomScam

LegalZoom was the opposite of helpful. I signed up with them to start a sole proprietorship - even had multiple conversations with customer service agents who set my account up with what I was told would be necessary for my business to be up and running. Two months and $165 later, they filed a DBA and did nothing for my actual license. When I called to ask where the license was, they THEN informed me that they do not handle business licenses and only prepared what was necessary for my business name. When I expressed my incredible dismay about the price I paid for a service that is not only ridiculously simple but also not worth $165, I was told that $99 of it was the price of them filing for me. I have wasted large amounts of money now - thinking that I was cleared for a license that they could not get for me. No one bothered to mention that in my conversations prior to placing an order that they set up for me. Now, I am out time AND money, which are incredibly precious in my position. I will NEVER do business with them again, and I will ENSURE everyone that I know stays away from them as well. They were clearly looking to make a quick buck off of someone who was asking for a pie and received a sliver. When I was discussing my concerns with them (very respectfully) I was hung up on by one of their agents as well. Thanks a lot, LegalZoom.

• LegalZoom SM Mgr May 01, 2014

Hi Adamelio,

We would like to extend my sincerest apology in regards to your less than great experience with LegalZoom. It is very important to us that our customers are happy with the products and services we offer. We want you to be satisfied and I'd like to assist you in finding a resolution. Please feel free to contact us directly at [email protected] We look forward t to hearig from you.

LegalZoom.com