Complaints & Reviews

seo scam

This alleged SEO company tricked me into believing that without their SEO input I would not appear on the front page of Google. Not only that but they have taken £240 out of my account on July 6th 2017 and again on November 23rd 2017. I have emailed requesting repayment and suggesting legal action but have heard nothing. Can I take legal action to recover my money?

• Ti
    Tim Capper Nov 20, 2019

To all affected businesses, Google My Business has recently created a complain form where you can report businesses that are not compliant with their 3rd Party Guidelines.

3rd party Guidelines is what these people or similar business would need to adhere to if they are managing your Google My Business Listing - this includes holding your business listing to ransom for payment!

Here are some details on reporting and protecting your listings:

Fraudulent card payments

Link Promotions rang asking for renewal for which I paid. I then discovered that this was about 6 months prior to when the next renewal was due. After some months somebody claiming to be from their accounts department rang to say I was due a refund since they had made a mistake on the renewal date. Like a fool I gave them card details and within a day some £1500 had been used in fraudulent purchases. I originally thought that Link Promotions was a genuine company. Now I realise the whole thing is a scam. They seem to have got greedy by openly making fraudulent charges to cards as well as the ongoing scam of doing nothing for the money. Don't have anything to do with them

Free trial not for free

I clicked on linkpromotions.net pop up which was offering free trials on face creams that promise to be better than cosmetic surgery. After I'd signed up for the face cream and didn’t get it. I have contacted the company and they have cancelled any future transactions but will not refund the money they have taken.

It is fraud.

Link Promotions has stolen $195. They called me some time ago and told that if I will not update my Google...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices