La Quinta Inns & Suitesunauthorization credit card swipe and receiving cash without receipt

L

October 23rd, 09, hotel reservations was booked through the travel agent in my home town in the Caribbean. Upon arriving at the hotel early afternoon around 3pm, the front desk clerk asked me for my credit card. Then she asked if I am charging the room or paying cash. I told her cash and she asked to be excused and she went in the back office. Then a moment later, she returned my card not knowing she had already swiped my card without my authorization. Then she asked for the cash amounting for the 4 nights. I asked her for a receipt since I was payed cash and she told me i will get one upon checking out. I trusted her word to be honest from the very beginning of our transaction. On the 27th-10-09, I checked out obtaining the receipt and had seen 0 balance but I didn't see the fine print of my card being charged abd I was rushing that early morning to get to the airport. I went to the bank 5 days later to find out my card was charged plus the clerk took my cash and not even given me a receipt for it. I am dealing with the matter and legal action is being taken to put an end to fraud, unethical behaviour, stealing and racketering. This situation needs to stop now because people work very hard for their money and want to go somewhere where it is safe.