La Quinta Inns & Suiteslong island, new york

D Aug 01, 2019

Date of Visit (7/31/2019 #89231EC011603- I called the hotel directly and booked a room over the phone, they told me that they had a king bed with a sofa sleeper . Upon my arrival they told me they only have a king bed Invariably It was late I had to accept it because it was late and we were tired. As a result of this three adults had to try and sleep in one bed. Also at the same time I gave the attendant the card I used to make the booking on the phone and he said that was not the card on file and than proceeded to use the card i presented to book the room . So I checked my account and i was charged twice for the same room $168. 77 over the phone and than $119 at the front desk . Now only was i charged twice but the room is inferior; the chairs in the room are filthy, the shower curtain is hanging off the wall, the air conditioner filter is so dirty dust is hanging out of the vents, my daughter has been sneezing and coughing the whole time, the bathroom ceiling and shower curtain has mold . This is the worst La Quinta Inn experience I have ever had. I would also like to note the lobby is shabby and dirty. I am totally disappointed with my visit here.and would like a refund on both charges, I feel as though I have been scammed. Thank you for your prompt attention regarding this matter. Denise Rivarde [protected]