Kmart / Sears Holdingspension

L Review updated:

I worked for Kmart for 33 years and after a serious accident where I was forced to retire, I applied for my pension. I have received 2 sets of paperwork at 2 separate addresses, showing incomplete information. I sent the final completed copies in mid-September and called again in October to verify that my pension was being processed. I was told that my pension check would be processed 45 days from the date of my last completed documents and the calculated date was for November 19, 2012. The person on the phone verified that everything was completed. I called on November 20, 2012 to ask why my check wasn't deposited and was given a new story. They claim that the final paperwork wasn't received until late October which would be a lie. After being persistent in asking for a date of when I would get my check, she finally said 'probably after January 1st because the last useless representative claims I didn't send the final paperwork until the late October date. I have had to delay payments for a hospital bill because of Kmart's lies to me and of course the hospital put me in the credit bureau because they don't believe me anymore. I asked to speak to someone hire up and was transferred reluctantly. I don't expect to get a call back. I have searched the Kmart/Sears website to see if I can send an email or make a call but there is no contact information. I tried their feedback option but it is only for merchandise or stores. I tried their 'help' but it only provides a blank page. Is there a chance that I am not going to get the pension I worked for? i defended Kmart for many years out of loyalty but not anymore and I will never shop there out of loyalty again either.
Lynne Weaver

kwife Nov 22, 2012

It sounds like you are talking about two different subjects. If you were vested in the pension, the company is offering 5200 former employees a lump sum payment to reduce their pension liabilities. We received a letter saying if we wanted it, to submit paperwork by 11/19 and a check would be disbursed in December 2012. If you were applying for monthly benefits, you may have submitted two types of paperwork. That can't do both. You have to pick one or the other. I would call them and explain what you did after you figure it out. They are probably taking ALOT of calls regarding the lump sum payout, and didn't bother to ask you pertinent questions. 'Hope that helps.

inneedof cash Dec 04, 2012

when are the lump sum checks being mailed? I was orgianlly told all checks would go on december 1st, now i called, one person said they have started mailing so i called back and another said mailing dec 17?

kwife Dec 04, 2012

They originally said they would be mailed "sometime in December 2012." I called the other day, and they said they could still not tell us when, only that it would be in September. My husband joked that they would probably send them out at 11:59 p.m. on December 31st! It would be nice to get them before Christmas! :)

kwife Dec 04, 2012

Sorry, that should say December!

Pcmnqn Dec 04, 2012

I have called several times on mine and have been told a different answer every time. One agent said they were mailing them dec. 1st. Another agent said end of December and another said they were being sent in batches. So apparently none of them know. It is very frustrating.

ROSE80IND Dec 05, 2012

Same story year im going crazy not knowing, , , , hope not spam, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

• Ta
    tangel Dec 05, 2012

who have you called?

ROSE80IND Dec 05, 2012

CALLED 18883651232 IS THERE SOMEONE ELSE THEY WILL NOT TELL WERE CHECKS ARE COMING FROM

kwife Dec 06, 2012

I don't know what the big deal is. It's common knowledge that they offered it to 5200 employees. They were also contributing 230 million. So, it's either there or it isn't. Once your paperwork is filed, they should be able to say We're mailing it on such and such a date. Ah, bureaucracy...

ROSE80IND Dec 06, 2012

just asking as anyone heard anything got there this ### its x-mas saided the 1st dec

kwife Dec 07, 2012

They had to figure if they were sending it anytime in December people would be hoping it would be before Christmas. I know we're not supposed to make assumptions, but they should put themselves in someone else's shoes. We planned on paying off some bills and having the extra monthly $ for better insurance. Well, we had to sign up for the insurance in October, on the promise that the $ was coming. Sigh.

ROSE80IND Dec 07, 2012

now there saying that u may have it on 17th, , , , this bull TY KMART NOT HAVING ARE BACK ONCE MORE, , , , , MARRY X-MAS

inneedof cash Dec 10, 2012

they told me that we should have on or after december 17th this morning, but i have heard on or after in my life, "usually on or before"...they are coming from a trustee and said they have no mailing info. If we are supposed to receive around the 17th, i would think they have had to mail them by now. Also, the message on the 888-365-1232 number has now changed, hopefully this means they were finally sent.

ROSE80IND Dec 10, 2012

I know I just call to. The guy told me about same that he think that they should be mail out and coming from Minnesota NOW, not Chicago ILL POST IF I GET it PZZZ if anyone does post it

• Lb
    lbijersey Dec 10, 2012

We also called today and were told that we should receive the check before the 17th, that the checks were mailed!

• Ta
    tangel Dec 10, 2012

Great news! Please post if you receive yours and I will do the same. Thanks!

Pcmnqn Dec 10, 2012

I called this morning and the message said they didn't have any information on the date other then December. But I'm goona hope for the 17th. I have been really anxious and have been checking my mail on my lunch break. It's been a rough year going through a divorce and this would be such a blessing to give my kids a really nice Christmas this year. Looking forward to seeing the first post from someone who gets theirs...crossing my fingers and praying for all of us...

Pcmnqn Dec 10, 2012

Sorry I don't know what happened to my previous post.

ROSE80IND Dec 10, 2012

been looking all over web no new I hope we all get it for x-mas it really will be Christmas miracle. FIRST STORE IM GOING TO KMART, , , , , , ,

inneedof cash Dec 11, 2012

i do not think the checks have been mailed yet, i called again this morning...same story on or after dec 17..if not rec by 12/27 call, they for 10 mailing days, leading me to beleive they probably are not going out until this weekend

Pcmnqn Dec 11, 2012

I called this morning and the guy said that they should be received by the 17th and
    that they would be mailed 3-4 days before that. So it looks good for having them on Monday.

inneedof cash Dec 11, 2012

Nobody there has the same info, everyone gives a different story...really praying we get Monday, but not very optimistic, especially since they told one of the people who posted yesterday they were already in the mail, told you something else, and me they could not say when mailing

• Ha
    happy ex-store mgr Dec 11, 2012

I was told last week, that my check was approved and wriiten, and that I would receive it on, or before Dec. 17th.

inneedof cash Dec 11, 2012

I would check back today and see what they tell you, they approved me within 3 weeks as they said they would, but when i asked about check status they said they have no info on that at all but my paperwork was all in order and approved

inneedof cash Dec 12, 2012

so yesterday i called back tey my check was processed, i call today to ask if mailed yet and Dennis apologizes becaus he did not see a check processed, onyl thatm y info was approved and wil be processed, and now they sayt trying to mail over weekend, hopefully can start looking for it next week in my mail...could not pick a better time to use he postal system the the week before christmas!

inneedof cash Dec 12, 2012

what is wrong with this site...i look like an idiot, i know how to spell

Pcmnqn Dec 12, 2012

Anyone get a check today?

ROSE80IND Dec 12, 2012

nope, south bend, indiana there saying if paper were due on 16 ur in 2nd batch, , , , , no x-mas here

• Wa
    Waitingnotsopatiently Dec 12, 2012

Nope. Still waiting and checking mailbox anxiously every day! I should have known that getting it in time for Christmas was a pipe dream!

• El
    Elaine Hood Dec 12, 2012

No check today here either. Dear Lord I'm not the only one asking for our check if you will PLEASE send it to each one here in need of their check including me to please let us find it in our mailbox before the end of the week, I know that you said where there are two or three gathered in his name you will be there too. If anyone claimes this promise with faith and we ask it shall be given. May GOD bless you and your family's and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS. Look to him and he will put our checks in our mailboxes. Elaine

ROSE80IND Dec 12, 2012

I just called back and got different story want the [email protected]@k grrrrr

inneedof cash Dec 12, 2012

I am in batch 3...neither batch 2 or batch 3 checks have been cut yet!!! these people are friggen jerks, no accurate info at all!!! now maybe the 17-31st

Pcmnqn Dec 12, 2012

Mine was due November 9th. How do I know what batch I'm in.

inneedof cash Dec 12, 2012

call 888-365-1232, they are there for another 45mins...but they wont all tell you, i spoke to an Augie, he told me what batch...spoke to a woman after that, she had no idea what "batch" was

ROSE80IND Dec 12, 2012

18888750498 ok call this pick pension they can tell u if been mail good luck mine one has not but she said they were going out today try back tomorrow all this weak to

1-888-875-0498

ROSE80IND Dec 12, 2012

AND BATCH ONE GOING OUT TODAY, , , , BATCH 2 GOING 13TH, , , , , BATCH 3 GOING 14TH

MY PAPER WORK WAS DOE ON 16TH NOV SO THEY SAY PUT ME BATCH 2 ONLY SEE UR $$$ ONCE THERE SENDING CHEACK

thank you!!!

• Fa
    faulkner4 Dec 12, 2012

Just sitting back and trusting God Elaine. I will agree with you in the Spirit realm that it is so. God you said that what we be bind on earth you will bind in heaven and what we release on Earth that you will release in Heaven, I speak with in your name RELEASE!!! Email me at [email protected] With praise report.!!!

Pcmnqn Dec 13, 2012

Well am not going to call the number anymore. The lady told me this morning that the check will go out on or after the 17th. I told her that is strange because the other day I was told that we would receive them by the 17th, so why are you guys all giving out different information? She said that is the only information they have. Waiting is not as bad as getting different information every time someone calls. I will just try and be patient and keep checking this board for new information. Maybe some of us will start to get lucky and it will be a nice surprise.