KLM Royal Dutch Airlinesklm denied me a ticket

I bought a roundtrip ticket from Chicago to Mumbai (India) via Amsterdam for Feb 12 2008. I missed my first flight from Chicago to Amsterdam due to a snowstorm in Chicago and traffic backups. So I spoke to the manager at Chicago. He informed me that for a $200 charge, I could use the ticket to fly from Chicago to Mumbai later. I bought a one way ticket on another airline to Mumbai and returned on KLM as previously planned.

When I tried to redeem my one way ticket that I had not used from Chicago to Mumbai, KLM said that since my return ticket was already used up, the unused ticket that I thought I still had from Chicago to Mumbai was INVALID. The customer service representative on phone went on to add that "she didnt know how they let me board the return flight and I should be happy for it". Before getting on my return flight to Chicago, I had even called up the KLM office to reconfirm the ticket and they did so. If they care to check their phone records, they'll find this is true.

They will not honour my ticket that I paid for, accept that it's the fault of someone who belongs to their airline in India and still refuse to do anything about it. This is much more serious than bad service. I am outraged at the service they have provided to me and at the customer service representative I spoke to on phone, who even yelled at me.

It just makes me feel cheated that an airline so blatantly denies me what I paid for.