Complaints & Reviews

KLMklm

Temba College have used KLM since 1994 for our annual youth tour to Europe. During this time they transported ±780 students on our behalf for which we paid them in full. The fact that they can fly us into London and out of Amsterdam suits us.

We bought four sectors (48 tickets) from KLM on the internet namely: See Air Ticket

Cape Town to Amsterdam 25 June 2008

Amsterdam to London 26 June 2008

London to Amsterdam 16 July 2008

Amsterdam to Cape Town 16 July 2008

In one instance - one girl from Amsterdam to Johannesburg 16 July 2008.

We read KLM’s terms and conditions carefully.

Nowhere in the terms and conditions is it stated that we have to make use of all sectors, neither does it state that the non-use of a sector constitutes a route change. Their terms and conditions further do not state that we need KLM’s permission if we want to surrender one or more sector. It merely states that the carrier (KLM Air France) will refund us if we do so. We never asked KLM or planned to ask for the refund and we made that clear in writing.

We furnished KLM with written notice that we would not be using flight KL 1000 from London to Amsterdam on 16 July.

On 15 July KLM in three separate phone calls, advised us of the following.

The flight KLM 1000 from London to Amsterdam was hopelessly overbooked and they could not accommodate all our students on that flight. See the affidavits.

That unless our group traveled from Amsterdam to London in order to fly from London to Amsterdam on (the overbooked) flight KLM 1000, they would not honour our tickets from Amsterdam onwards. It was impossible to transport 48 students from Amsterdam to Cape Town at that late stage.

They demanded almost €8000 from us in order to put us on our flights to Cape Town and Johannesburg. We needed to raise the above amount before 09h00 that particular morning. The amount per student differed between ±€67 to ±€420. The fact that this makes absolutely no sense to any normal human being was of no concern whatsoever to KLM-Air France.

The front desk staff of KLM – Air France, clearly don’t know what is stipulated in the terms and conditions and were unwilling to read it. I begged the supervisor, Mr Kuijer, to read it. He and all his staff refused. Mr Kuijer was later helpful but the majority of the staff remained extremely arrogant and unhelpful.

It left me with no other choice other than to try and raise the money. I offered my passport in order to give me time to raise the money. They refused and the aircraft departed without 20 of our students. We were stranded without accommodation, food and needed to deal with extremely unhelpful and arrogant KLM – Air France staff.

These particular 20 youngsters were then waitlisted.

One girl lost her passport and the police enforced KLM to support her. The police officer advised both the student and I that this was entirely KLM’s mistake and that KLM were liable for the support of the girl. After they advised KLM as such, KLM gave her meal vouchers and a confirmed seat on the next flight.

On Sunday 20 July, the 9 boys still stranded were given confirmed seats by the supervisor, Mr Kuijer, for the 22 July 2008. He confirmed this to all 9 boys and I.

I confronted Mr. Kuijer in front of the boys. It was apparent that Mr Kuijer had not read nor understood the terms and conditions of KLM Air France Internet booking conditions.

On Tuesday 22 July we arrived 3 hours before departure at the Schiphol Airport and we were informed that two boys had once again been moved to the wait list. After 3 hours of immense stress and some tears, they managed to get on the plane and landed safely in Cape Town where these last 9 boys were eventually re-united with their families.

• Hu
      hugo van reijen Oct 22, 2009

With KLM I have many similar experiences.

KLM functionaries routinely refuse to read the fare conditions and other conditions and pretend not to understand that something is wrong, when they get confronted with them.

The consumer relation department is completely useless and I would say that at least 80 percent of the complaints are not properly dealt with.

The prevailing atmosphere is one of arrogance.

hugovan [protected]@yahoo.com

KLM — rude reservations officers

CONGRATULATIONS KLM OFFICE IN ACCRA, GHANA! YOU CAN SUCCESSFULLY BOAST OF HAVING SOME OF THE RUDEST...

KLM Airlinesdelayed luggage

I arrived from KLM Airlines on June 30 to Dallas, TX. I got a receipt for delayed luggage on June 30, since last 7 days I have been calling them and no one returns calls, I called their number [protected] and all they say is they have sent a message. Its ridiculous that they dont have any sensible reply for me and dont have a clue of the exact status. And since Dallas is my hometown, they say I am not eligible to get any allowance money even though its been 7 days since I have been waiting. Absolute pathetic service.

• Sh
        Sheila Bonnick Nov 02, 2008

flew from LHR on 23rd October, 2017.I arraived at Kasakstah airport and a message was heard over the tannoy that I should report to lost and found desk. I went only to find out my bag was missing. I thought it very strange as the company (5) I was travelling with all had theirs. I suspect the UK check-in staff took a disliking to me and deliberately messed me up. If that is the case I want some action done against the guilty parties! the Kasakstah end promised me that it would be in Krakow the next day as thats where we were bound. Admitedly I was very upset as the contents of the luggage was imperitif to my work.I am a VERY VERY busy international singer and I needed the contents urgently ie costumes, jewelery, shoes, etc. To make matter worst I had 2 TV shows to and had to improvise! One was even the Ms Inter contental contest! If I am correct in my accusations I will take this further. I have friends and relatives in powerful positions - one in airport management and my complaints will be taken further. I have in the past had many problems with your airline and promised not to travel by them again but my office messed up. Please could you answer me asap. I will be expecting adequate compensation for my inconvenience.

AndThisIsService? Jun 28, 2010

I was in an accident and was looking to go home to the UK earlier than my purchased ticket indicated, so I called KLM in the US. As my ticket wasn't refundable or changeable, I was told I might get a change for $250; I gave the person my credit card information and he said he'd give it to a supervisor for consideration. I even EMAILED him medical records of my condition. He said not to worry, I'd get home. Imagine my surprise when my credit card was charged almost EIGHTEEN HUNDRED Dollars - without a call or email from the supervisor as I requested. When I called to cancel this ticket and receive a refund, I was told 3-4 business days and my refund would be returned - but the refunds department wouldn't receive it until Monday (this was a weekend). No one will call me back or email me. When I call, they say I have to call The Netherlands even though this is their fault and I'm in the USA. I think this might be a racket. As I live in the UK but am an American with family here, I can affirm that without a doubt, the USA has perfect customer service compared to other countries. Once I get my money back and am home, I've learned my lesson; I'll stick with American=established airlines. There's no comparison on customer service.

KLMdelay disembarking

I have been a regular flyer for the last 10 years. I fly Dublin to mainland Europe and Europe to China 2-3 times a year on business. I also take domestic flights while in China.
      On 9/4/08 I flew on flight KL 888 from Hong Kong to Amsterdam. When the flight landed at Amsterdam there was a long delay for passengers to disembark the aircraft. This was because passenger’s passports were checked before they were allowed into the airport terminal. This delay caused me to have a serious panic attack. A few hours later I went to catch my connecting flight, the last EI/KLM flight that evening. I boarded the flight to Dublin but I was unable to stay onboard because I began to experience a panic attack as I was still deeply emotionally disturbed from my experience from the delayed disembarkation from the earlier KL888 flight. So I got off the flight.
      That night I stayed overnight in Amsterdam. The next day I went to a doctor in Amsterdam and got a prescription for tranquilizers. I bought another ticket to Dublin – flight EI0605 and flew to Dublin the next day but even with the medication it was still very stressful. Total cost to me was about 500Euro.
      My panic attack was caused because of the delay in disembarkation from the Hong Kong – Amsterdam flight for passports to be checked before passengers could enter the terminal. Is it not obvious that this could be very stressful to the 1 in 3 passengers who have issues flying (Boeing survey) after an 11 hour + flight? I have never heard of this happening at any other airport.
      I have emailed Schiphol airport and KLM. KLM have not replied and Schiphol have blamed it on the Dutch Ministry of Defence who control immigration.
      Mark Renwick

KLM Royal Dutchunrealiable service

Dear KLM Authorities,

I have booked a return flight ticket SG-Geneva-SG with KLM authorized travel agent Nam Ho Travel. Before I booked with them, I have done some comparison between the price and timing that both of the travel agent and KLM. The price offered by both is almost the same. I chose the Nam Ho as they have transit to Amsterdam with a longer duration at the airport for 4 hours. Due to my husband business schedule changed, I would like to request to change my flight date. With huge disappointment, the travel agent was unable to assist me as they said all this was controlled by KLM airline, they directed me to call KLM airline personally to make a change on my reservations. I spoken with KLM reservation staff, I was very frustrated with the service provided. Again, they directed me to contact the travel agent again. Who’s the person I should deal with? I have a great feeling that both of your sides trying to push the responsibility. Where’s the” reliable service” from the airline?

I have contacted KLM and travel agent several times yesterday 16/04/2008; there is no one could give me a perfect answer or solve my difficulty. They said my flight is not allowed to do amendment; not refundable, you have to contact the travel agent/KLM directly to make amendment. The ticket value of $1554 was totally forfeited. I wasn’t been informed that the flight is not allowed to change date by the travel agent at all. I think KLM should put more quality control in this issue; else the travel agent will destroy your brand name and losing of the potential customers!

I am a regular traveler with a number of airlines and I haven’t encounter before that I was unable to make changes to my flight. I don’t think I got a promotion ticket from the travel agent because the fare price is almost the same when I did my comparison. I could give a big applause to EVA Air which I’m so proud till now. One time, I missed the flight due to overslept, eventually the airline put their initiative to call me and arrange another flight for me without any additional charges. As EVA can do that, why not for KLM? I booked through agency instead of EVA directly.

I hope KLM will help to solve this issue. I’m really saddened with the services, I told myself, I will not choosing KLM for my next flight since the service or term and condition are not flexible to customer at all and also authorized travel agent Nam Ho which doesn’t provide a detailed explanation at all. Going forward, I hope KLM services can be more flexible and be sure that KLM's authorized travel agent conformed to the KLM's reliable standard. I don’t think the services that I get from both parties are reliable at all. I hope to hear a positive answer from KLM as soon as possible.

• Na
            narajonm Aug 17, 2011

On 28 February 2010 I booked a flight with KLM from Cardiff to Abu Dhabi return. I later decided to delay my return by one day and telephoned KLM to arrange this. My booking conditions state quite clearly that "Changes are allowed free of charge". I was charged £75 for this change. I believe the return flight that I took was cheaper than the original - KLM will not tell me if this is so. I have tried to get a refund of £75 (and a credit for the difference in flight price) with no success - I have sent several emails and messages sent through their web site. They refuse to acknowledge the conditions of booking and maintain the charge was correct. Recent e-mails and a letter with copies of the conditions sent by special delivery have been ignored.

At 1700 today (14 August, same day I posted the above)) I received an e-mail from KLM stating that they would refund my £75.

Not all I require from them but if this site has had an effect I am VERY impressed.

I will continue to pursue the rest of my claim

KLM — klm charged me twice

KLM charged my debit card twice for trans-Atlantic flight tickets and the debit came mid-way through my visit...

KLMklm lack of respect and bad service

On March 25 I travelled through KLM from Sandefjord (Norway) to Amsterdam where I was supposed to catch the connection flight to Lisbon. The flight numbers were: KL1218 at 17h30 from Sandefjord to Amsterdam and KL1697 at 21h from Amsterdam to Lisbon.

The plane that should depart from Sandefjord at 17h30 only arrived at 19h, which by itself made it impossible for me to catch the connection flight. We got on the plane at 19h30 but only departed 2 hours later. After 1 hour waiting on board of the plane the captain announced as an explanation that we were overweight (shouldn't they have noticed that during the check in of all passengers more than 3 hours before?) and that they had to take off fuel and also due to bad weather planes were not departing (we could see through our windows planes landing and departing at that exact time) and that Denmark had closed their airspace to our plane (strange...). Finally we got to Amsterdam and arrived there at 23h. Having lost my connection I went to the transfer desk. The only alternative I was given was the next day flight to Lisbon at 12h20 and although I asked for accommodation for the night (we were missing 13 hours for the departure I was told it was not possible and I could have a 10€ voucher de 10€ to use at some (not all) restaurants of the airport and a 5 minutes call from a single phone that in fact did not work properly as you could hear the person you were talking to. Despite explaining to them it was not correct to just leave me like that especially since the cause of the delay was a delay from KLM departing from Amsterdam to Sandefjord (this flight arrived over 2 hours late) that caused me to lose the connection flight to Lisbon they did no more. I stayed 13 hours at the airport by myself without any support from the company that caused it. Also they didn't agree in finding an earlier flight (even from another company) and when I asked for a note to present at work as I was going to lose a day's work explaining the reason they denied to give such note. I already knew that delays at this company are constant, always putting at risk connections, but I find this kind of treatment and lack of respect unacceptable.

• Pe
              Petter Pettersen Aug 26, 2008

I've had a similar experiance as you. KLM managed to totally ruin me and my family's holiday in Paris. We were supposed to be there for 4 days.. due to KLM it ended up in only being in Paris for 1 full day. They denied us any kind of reimbursement for the expenses we had with our hotel in Paris which we could not use due to KLM. I for one will never travel with this air-line company ever again and I advice you all to not do it neither.

• Pa
              PATRICIA Oct 03, 2008

i mean, if we pay high fees and or penalties when we change our flight and or when we change our date, or and when we get sick and we cant travel and or when one of our family members is sick ..WHY WHY WHY AIRLINES DOESNT PAY ANYTHING WHEN THEY BRAKE OUR PLANS ???
              I MEAN IF THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO PAY EUROS 100 PER EACH PERSON FOR A DELAY FLIGHT, OR 100 EUROS PER DAY FOR DELAYEd BAG ..SURELY COMPLAINTS AS SEEN IN THIS PAGE WOULD NEVER HAPPENED ...WHO WILL HELP PASSENGERS ?? ...HUMAN RIGHTS ..??

KLM Royal Dutch Airlinesdouble fees for humanitarian baggage

A SENIOR KLM ROYAL DUTCH AIRLINES DEPARTURE SUPERVISOR AT SCHIOPL AIRPORT , CHARGED ME TWICE THE MAXIUM NORMAL EXCESS BAGAGE FEES TO TAKE HUMANITARIAN ITEMS TO AFRICAN ORPHANS On November 30 ,2007 I encounter a KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Departure Supervisor in Schiopl Airport , Amsterdam , Holland and believe she exceeded her authority and acted out of personal bias with the intention not only to insult me, but to cause me as much hardship and inconvenience as she could. That day I was traveling from San Francisco International Airport on KLM Royal Dutch Airlines to Uganda, Africa to assist several humanitarian organizations. I was carrying, as excess, baggage four large boxes of humanitarian items for orphans in that country. Prior to departure on November 26, 2007 , I had received approval form KLM to take the four large boxes of humanitarian items for Ugandan orphans as excess baggage on a flight to Africa and was informed I would have to pay $600.00 American dollars as an excess baggage fee; which I was prepared to do. However when I arrived at SFO ( San Francisco International Airport) , there was no record of KLM’s approval for the excess baggage. . The Supervisor at the departure desk called KLM and confirmed the approval, and instructed his employee to only charge me for TWO additional baggage items, which should have been $300.00 American dollars. However that employee only charged me $250.00. In Amsterdam at Schiopl Airport , as I was checking in for the connecting flight to Entebbe Uganda ; I asked the KLM departure agent to confirm that the extra baggage had been forwarded to Entebbe , and she informed me that they would NOT be loaded on the plane until I paid an additional baggage fee. I tried to point out to her that I had already paid the fee , that was requested by the KLM agent in San Francisco and I did not think it was appropriate to pay them twice. She was unwilling to review my documentation of the transaction. So I asked to speak with her Supervisor . When she arrived at the tickit /work station, I asked her to speak in English so that I could understand their conversation, since I do not speak or understand Dutch. The two women spoke in Dutch, between themselves for a while and then the original agent said she would speak in English and explain the issue as she understood it. However , her version was not accurate and when I attempted to show her supervisor my documentation she would not look at it and eventually said: ..” The matter is over! It is done!..... You will pay 600 EUROS!.... It is over! “ I protested and said that I did not believe it was appropriate to charge me twice for the excess baggage and took my calculator out of pocket and showed her that by converting the 600.00 EUROS to dollars and adding the $250.00; that I had already paid in San Francisco that the total was over $1200.00 American Dollars. At that point she looked at me and said: ...”What you said is correct! I told her that it just wasn’t right or appropriate. And she responded angrily that ... “ I could try to get it back from the company “ ... and she left. During my conversation with the Supervisor , she spoke to me and treated me like a criminal. She would not look at my documentation and at one point during the conversation; I heard , either her or the other agent say: ...” We get your kind of people through here all the time “A statement which, while abusive and insulting, also seems to reveal a negative attitude towards certain types of KLM passengers. I can only conclude that the Supervisor’s conduct was caused by a personal bias and her intention was to cause me as much hardship and inconvenience as possible I do not believe there is a legal or procedural policy that would require me to pay the excess baggage fee twice. Once at the begining of a trip and again midway though it. I believe the Supervisor exceeded her authority and KLM’s company policies to anger and upset me as much as she could. And, that was essentially confirmed by the actions of the women in the Excess Baggage Department in Schipol Airport where passengers pay excess baggage fees. When, I went to the window to pay the fees, several of the women in that department, were openly upset by the Supervisor's actions and on their own initiative and with out my request, several of them went to the Supervisor and tried to get her to change her demand that I pay the 600 EUROS. She would not! So in order for me to get the Humanitarian items on the plane, I had to pay the additional fees before they would load the boxes. When I arrived in Uganda ; I called KLM in Amsterdam numerious time and went to their Kampala offices in an attempt to resolve this issue and get my money back. In each case I was told I would have to take it up with KLM's Office's in Amsterdam . In one call I was told a representitive would meet me to resolve the matter when I arrived back in Holland. However during the eight hours between my arrival and departure I was not met and during a phone call that i initiated to KLM was told that I would have to file the complaint in the country where I bought the tickets , the USA . And with the KLM's representitive .. in this case ...Northwestern Airlines. During this orderal none of the "ground " KLM employees were willing to help me or kept their commitments . I have concluded that KLM's procedures for dealing with Custmers complaints are designed to discourage and wear down anyone who has a valid complaint . And although I have filed numerous complaints about the Supervisor and requests that my money be returned , approximately 3 months later , I have not had a offical responce from KLM Royal Dutch Airlines.

MAMDOUH HOSNY Nov 24, 2010

IWAS IN AMSTERDAM I WAS HAVING ABAG IN IT CHOCLETE AND JACKET WHEN I ARRIVED TO EGYPT CAIRO I DON'T SEE THEM IWANTS TO KNOW WHERE ARE THEM ?
                THEY WERE IN THE BIG BAG 23KG
                CALL ME ON :[protected] _[protected]
                COUNTRY: EGYPT__ CAIRO ___________ CALL US QUICKLY.

KLMterrible experience!

Security check-in is important and therefore must be treated with responsibility. Such task should not be turned by KLM employees into a cheap entertainment show or a bureaucracy lesson that defies the common sense. I wear suspenders with metallic clips that do not appear to be a security risk for other airlines checkpoints. At boarding time, an arrogant KLM employee instructed me to remove my suspenders and pass one more time through the metal detector gate. With my pants below the knees, I had to show my Calvin Klein underwear to the audience I order to please the smart KLM security check procedure. This was however a sort of happy ending. What if I do not wear panties? Should the KLM’s check-in procedure release the boarding pass only for those that wear panties? I don’t want to further elaborate on this KLM issue that hopefully will trigger some corrective action. As a remark, the dinner cutlery KLM crew makes it available to the passengers during the flight can be in the wrong hands away more dangerous than my suspender’s clips.

• Su

Flt Jkt to Kuala Lumpur no. KL 0810
                  Flt Kuala Lumpur to Amsterdam KL4102
                  Flt Amst to Edinburgh KL1279
                  My Itinerary number was [protected]

I booked this flight above and return by same route on 6th August so I could attend a family wedding in Edinburgh. I live in the interior town of Wamena, Papua, Indonesia. I booked the flight online on Feb 14 th and received confirmation of my booking immediately and again on Feb 29 and received further confirmation on July 10th with check in code ZDF890 with travel tip to use this code when checking in. I never received tickets but I felt assured that all was in order with my flight because of this confirmation code for booking.

I wish to inform you of the TERRIBLE time that I had in Jakarta Airport. This was a most distressful time and I had to lay out huge extra expense which I wish to claim back from Expedia and/or KLM or I will make a huge issue of how dreadfully I was treated, I will bring a case against both of your companies.
                  I have lived in Indonesia for 30 years and mostly fly with KLM and must be one of your most regular customers so I was totally and utterly devastated by what happened.

DIARY of EVENTS:

1. With Check in code in hand I check in for my flight nearly 3 hours before Take off flight. Check in goes smoothly, I receive my boarding pass, go through immigration and go to gate about half an hour before boarding time.

2. Approx 10 mins before boarding my name is called. I am informed that I cannot get on the flight. They are looking for my paper ticket. I said I never did get a paper ticket but that I received a check in code and I showed this confirmation which I had received via Email. TO me this confirmed my flight. I told them I must leave AS THE FAMILY WEDDING PARTY WAS ARRIVING THE FOLLOWING AND I NEEDED TO BE THERE.

3. Boarding was called and they refused to let me on. I was in shock. If there was a problem it should have been noticed at checkin in and now I am saying that they must let me on as obviously my name was on the flight list. BUT I was asked to pay for the ticket again so I could keep my seat. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, I was very upset and very confused. How could I pay again, I would have to call expedia etc. and now there was no time.

4. My luggage is taken off they tell me. I am STUNNED. I ask to be taken care of, hotel, telephone, another ticket. WHAT DO I DO.

5. I am taken down stairs, KLM give me over to Emmirates as there is a later flight!!! Now I need to try and call Expedia. I only have a Hand Phone, money ticks away and I am still being told to wait. We go to Public Phone, that does not work, then I go to a Wartel where I can use and then pay. LONG LONG phone to expedia, they say I have to report lost tickets and then book another flight for which I can later claim. I pay about 25 pounds sterling for this phone call.

6. Emmmirates staff and now rushing me, I need to buy a tickets, they ask me for my Passport etc. etc RUSH RUSH RUSH!!! I pay for the Emmirates Flights JKT. SINGAPORE DUBAI BIRMINGHAM $1611 on my Credit card.

7. Emmirates staff are very helpful in all this rush and waiting for me on the phone etc. KLM staff nowhere to be seen anymore

8. Good flight right through. Land in Birmingham.

9. Get a FlyBe flight for £139 to Edinburgh and finally make it to my Address in Edinburgh around 6pm.

10. Later in the evening at my sisters house, I check my Email to find that a message from Expedia that my return flight on 6th August has been CANCELLED by the Airline!!! I can’t believe it. JUST UNBELIEVABLE Why on earth would I cancel my flight back. WHY would KLM do that without asking me???????? Just totally amazing and MAD

11. Later I am checking various mail at my sisters place. About a year ago I linked into INTERNET banking with the Clydesdale Bank so I have informed my sister that there is no need to open my Clydesdale Bank mail. But I open several envelopes. One letter dated 18th Feb is from the Bank manager to say that tickets from Expedia are at the bank could they be picked up.
                  I NEVER GAVE EXPEDIA MY BANK ADDRESS OR REQUESTED EXPEDIA TO SEND TICKETS TO THAT ADDRESS.
                  WHY ON EARTH WOULD TICKTES GO TO MY BANK OVER HERE WHEN I AM TRAVELLING FROM INDONESIA. I GAVE MY INDONESIAN ADDRESS.
                  ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

12. Following day (remember we are very very busy with a wedding) I went with my sister to the Bank, get the tickets and then we have to go to the airport to book/confirm that i need to return on 6th August. I get the tickets which indeed had been addressed to my Bank.

13. KLM desk at the Airport are helpful and amazed at the distressful time I have had to endure. The girl wrote a short explanation of what I had told here.

I write this to both Expedia and KLM.

I am requesting compensation for all the stress I have experienced. It was fortunate that I was an Indonesian speaker and could deal with the various things BUT I was so exhausted and wrung out. I am 61 years of age.
                  No one offered a drink, a seat or anything during several hours of hassling as we tried to get a seat for me on emirates.

I am also requesting that I get money back
                  1. New ticket $1611
                  2. Phone calls to Expedia £25
                  3. Birmingham Edinburgh Flt £139
                  4. Compensation for stress, time lost out with my family etc. ? amount
                  I would like to receive this money very very quickly so that I do not have to pay interest on my Credit card. I cannot afford this money.

Thank you for seeing to this very quickly as I will be returning to the interior of Papua very soon and need this matter settled.
                  I request and suggest that KLM and Expedia work out this matter in haste.

Yours sincerely,

Sue Trenier

Email sue.[protected]@worldteam.org
                  Address til 6th August c/o wood 33 Gordon Rd. Edinburgh ED12 6NB
                  Tel:[protected]

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines — terrible klm flight

Dear KLM Authority, I want to describe you what I have experienced during my flight with your airline 5...

KLM — cancelled flights

Dear all, Beware of KLM. They excel not just at bad service, but manage to be rude in the process. In our...

KLMdelay of 24 hours and loss of baggage

On 4th October 2007 i was scheduled to fly KL 1674 from Barcelona to Amsterdam and to connect with KL---that should have left Amsterdam for Nairobi at 10.15 the same evening. As fate would have it, this plane delayed due to what was explained as bad weather. We therefore arrived at Amsterdam at 10.30 pm. At this point an announcement had been made that those who were to connect with flight to Nairobi would not make it. Verdict: go to KLM desk at schiphol and get attention. At this desk (desk 2?) I was scheduled to fly to Nairobi the following day 5th October 2007 at 10.15 am via KL 565. I was given 10 euro for a meal, a voucher to make an international call and a promise in the same voucher that if i will be lucky to fly KLM in the future i would get a a discount of 50 euros (this was not going to help me) A place to sleep would have been more than what any money can pay. Accommodation? just sit at the airport for 10 hours until the following day because the delay was caused by bad weather or look for your own accommodation. I tried to look for my own accommodation and the aiport hotels were all booked at that late hour. Alternative? get out of the airport but you risk to be arrested if you are on transit have no VISA. I opted to sit at the airport and waited for the following day. The following day i boarded flight KL 565 that promtly left Amsterdam at the stipulated time. I arrived in Nairobi at around 7.20 pm local time but my luggage was missing. At this time i had missed my Kisumu flight operated by the East African Safari express. I went to KLM representative to ask if i could be accommodated. I found young man of arrogant dispensation called Eric who blatantly told me that KLM would not take responsibility because the flight to Kisumu that i missed was not operated by KLM, which was very true but why was i late in the first instance. To his credit this young man called Eric made an immediate telephone call to Amsterdam to try to locate the luggage. To my relief he said the luggage was left in Amsterdam. For purposes of clarity, i would like to point out that the luggage was checked in at Barcelona and if KLM is not responsible for my accommodation when i am delayed for 24 hours, i am still think they would be responsible for my luggage, at least in the court of humanity and good business practice. To date no one from KLM SYSTEM has called me brief me of any progress towards luggage recovery. It has hard to believe that KLM can bend so low.

• Updated by Nadine Van Hoffelen · Jul 10, 2019

Facebook case [protected]. I cannot get in touch with Rick (no reply mails) and waiting dor a final response.

• Updated by Nadine Van Hoffelen · Jul 10, 2019

KLM-treatmentsToAsians Nov 25, 2011

I flew from Birmingham to Amsterdan on 20th November, 2011. Due to bad weather my connection to Bahrain was lost. I had to be in the que for 9 hours to get into the their so called help desk. Just asked to go outside the Airport impliying that going to provide accomadation. Time was 3AM and the temperature is 0-1; I was already in the que for more than 13 hours. They selected people looking at skin colour and rushed all white people to hotels with much care. I was given a jacket which is even not adequete to cope the situation. The senior most officer told me no more hotel room available in the town. There were few more bleck people treated same put in the payment who belong to African countries. KLM gave me telephone and food vouchers which is still with me/ Also another 50 Euro voucher for a future flight. But will I be fortunate again go to Europe? Inever want to land in AMS even in an emergency and KLm is hated for life time for this type of treatment to Asian people. [protected]@live.com.uk

KLM-treatmentsToAsians Nov 25, 2011

Staff of KLM at Amesterdam is not customer focus and treat Asians similar way. KLM is not a good air line for Asians as us

KLM-treatmentsToAsians Nov 25, 2011

ALL ASIANS SHALL STOP USING KLM FOR THEIR RASIST POLICY. KLM HAVING ALL INCOMPETENT STAFF. IN AN EMERGANCY SITUATION, THEY ONLY KNOW TO STAND UP CHAT ON THEIR MOBILES. THEY DO NOT LISTEN TO PASSENGERS

• Na
                    Nadine Van Hoffelen Jul 17, 2019

Facebook case [protected]. I cannot get in touch with Rick (no reply mails) and waiting for a final response. This is already 3 months ago and I cannot get hold on someone. I need an urgent reply in order to claim with my insurance company. Reservation NAAUNO flights 6 june 2019 and return 27 of june

KLM Airlinecheating by klm in ghana

I want to share a bad experience I had with KLM, a supposedly good air carrier in Ghana. I bought for the first time a return ticket with them online in October 2005 for travel to UK in December 2005. During the transaction, I was asked to make payments at KLM head office in Accra. I went there with my passport and upon inspection of my passport was issued the ticket. I was however never told at that time that I required a transit visa for my travel even after inspection and therefore I thought I did not need one.

It was shocking to me that KLM refused me to travel to the UK on 21st December 2005, even though I informed them that I needed to travel at all cost on that day since I had a hospital appointment the next day to screen my blood as part of care being given to my pregnant wife in London. The KLM officials told me if I were a frequent flyer with their airline, they could have allowed me to travel but because I wasn’t they could not and as a matter of fact will not help. They informed me that Ghana International Airline (GIA) was also leaving to UK that night and I could buy a new ticket and join them if I wished as I could travel with them (KLM) only on 24th December 2005 after they have obtained a transit visa for me, in addition to updating my ticket with them and paying an extra $700 (my original ticket was $737, thus paying for twice the normal cost of an economy ticket).

I contacted GIA reluctantly but to my surprise I was able to buy a new ticket. Although I was able to get to the UK the next morning, I was not able to get to the appointment on time as GIA goes to Gatwick as against City Airport by KLM.

After arrival in UK, I made contact with KLM customer service for my refund and compensation for the stress they put me through. To my dismay, they told me I was not entitled for a refund even though I did not travel with them that night and did not also cancel my flight personally. As I write now they have still refused to pay me my money back and have not even apologized for their inhumane treatment meted out to me.

KLM in Ghana is blatantly cheating customers like me of large sums of money in the name of error.

KLM Ghana’s Head office checks customers’ passport before issuing tickets so why did they not tell me to get the transit visa before selling me a ticket if they are not trying to cheat.

As they have cheated me of my money, I am also going to discourage my client’s and other agents my company deal with from using them.

KLM, cheating is morally wrong and you don’t have to be religious to know that.

• Co
                      Collins Nkuah Jan 26, 2017

I was not alowed to checkin because I don't have a transit visa and they council my ticket that night and asked me to make a refund I did it online and they told me to go back to Ghana and make it and I need that money to buy a ticket back to Ghana KLM is not fair to me.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlinesrepeated lost baggage of checked in items & theft thereafter

A copy of email to KLM Royal Dutch Airlines / Northwest Airlines (NWA):

Klm mr. Frank de reij
                    Executive vice president
                    Klm ground services

Dear sir,

This has reference to your claim that klm is committed to achieving optimum punctuality and reliability. Inspite your best efforts it doesn't seem to be good enough. On a round trip of six days & having checked in three times my baggage was delayed & partially lost on all, three occasions. At gothenburg on 10 sep-07, delayed bag ref-gotkl-32451 had to purchase warm clothings & suits for conference there.

On 14 sep 07 lost baggage ref ams kl 84983. The two days trip was spent chasing lost baggage so had to buy lots of stuff but however medicines were in the bag which we could not get at amsterdam my wife got an allergic reaction which almost took her life. It was indeed a traumatic experience. Because of the continuous baggage problem our trip turned out to a waste of time & money. It is also very frustrating when there is no response on the phone specially in europe however i find the staff at mumbai quite prompt & responsive. Now coming to the last leg to mumbai again the baggage got delayed & partially lost as most of the stuff got stolen even the inner wears were stolen. I got the suitcase totally damaged-this has ref-bom nw 47273. I hope you understand & appreciate that our trip turned out to be a night mare i have made a claim for the two pilfered baggages.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlinesprice gouging

To whom it may concern.

A friend of mine from Accra, Ghana had made plans to fly klm to Dublin Ireland. He got a price from the airlines and proceeded to pay for his transit visa to Amsterdam. He paid for it but when he went to purchase his airplane ticket they increased the price by over 200 euros. Since he could not afford this price he went to another airline. KLM had given him a different price just a few days earlier. Now he is out the price of his transit ticket and went on another airline. There is something not right about this. Could you explain?

Sincerely, J Connick, Dublin