KLM Royal Dutch Airlinescompany logo

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Learn how the rating is calculated

3 83 complaints
36 resolved 47 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Go to website

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines reviews & complaints 41 - 80

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines complaints 83

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - air miles deletion

We have had 5000, 000 air miles deleted by KLM under a new condition in their T&Cs that was alledgedly advised via email - we did not receive any such email. this is the first change affecting validity for nearly 20 years so we had no reason to reveiw the rules - we only dicovered the deletion of all the miles when we attempted to use them
the Email trail below is the latest communication, any advise you have would be appreciated. When we joined the program it was a hard copy application with no undertaking to accept notifcations of contract change by email

Dear Mr Machin

Whilst your overly polite apologies for my experience are accepted; it is not your sympathy I seek but a truly fair hearing. I would appreciate the opportunity to talk directly either by email or telephone to a decision maker, in place of this disjointed method of communication.
I am unconvinced that the cancellation was not sharp practice, as I had no notification of the pending changes to your rules. Your verbal/email undertaking that we were emailed the information is incorrect and unfair, especially given the very high value of what you have deleted . It would be less patronising if you sent me a copy of the email you sent to us with the proof of receipt/read - I am sure that for such an important notification involving thousands of pound worth of air miles you will have had to include the need for a received and read receipt.
I have printed off your current site a copy of the new rules which states the date from which they apply - if the cancellation is from that date as stated . I would like to repeat that due to personal hardship there was a period in 2011 when I had no working computer.
Please review this decision, in the light of the above as I am not satisfied that I have been fairly treated or that you are giving any priority at all to the situation, taking over 10 days to respond with exactly the same message is unacceptable.
If you are unable to reinstate our former position please revert with the name of the person to whom I should escalate this predicament, otherwise you will leave me no choice but to examine other routes to having this case heard. I have no intention of letting this situation drop until I have exhausted every avenue available to me.

Kathy Jennings

To: k.[protected]@compass-hq.com
Subject: in response to your request dated 06 October 2012

Our reference: [protected]
Dear Mrs Jennings
Thank you for your email dated 6th October 2012, regarding yours and your husband's Flying Blue accounts. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you mention.
I understand that you have already been in contact with our Flying Blue department regarding the validity of miles on our frequent flier programme.
I have read your account of events and my colleague's reply to you and regret that you remain dissatisfied.
Having had the opportunity to review your file, I would like to offer my own apologies that you should have had such a disconcerting experience. However, I regret that I cannot add anything further to my colleague's previous letter as all details you brought to our attention had already been taken into account.
The content of the response from our colleagues at the Flying Blue department explains the reasoning behind your miles expiring, and this is correct as per the conditions of the programme. I am truly sorry for the disappointment caused.
Therefore, we will be unable to assist you in reinstating your miles, and as such, this matter is closed.
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us. I am sorry to learn of your present sentiments towards our services although I thank you for allowing me this opportunity to explain and apologise.
Yours sincerely
R. Machin (Mr.)
Customer Care Europe

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - telephone sales complaint

Recent phone call to KLM Customer Care. I had started an online booking on Opodo, but cancelled it because their site wouldn't let me buy a date-changeable ticket. So I went to KLM website to buy the same ticket (more expensive of course), and upgraded it to a date-changeable ticket and proceeded to checkout, entered passenger details, frequent flyer numbers, booked seats and then clicked on 'payment details'. The website then repeatedly said 'page not found'. After over an hour of trying I go back to the beginning of the whole booking process - where by now the price has gone up a further GBP200. So I call KLM customer care in the UK from abroad.

The rep finds the earlier booking made at Opodo and says that the KLM website is not letting me buy it because of the duplicate booking. I tell her I cancelled it. She recommends I phone them, but also that there are only 2 seats left at this price and so I'd better book them now on the phone, as I won't be able to find them again. I say that's great - but then she says she'll be charging the telephone booking fee. This seems rather unfair, so I challenge it.

Me: Excuse me? I don't want to make this booking on the phone, I want to make it on the website. But the website won't let me.
Her: That's not my fault.
Me: Maybe not, but it's certainly not my fault either. I cancelled the other booking.
Her: OK, but I will be charging the fee.

[...]

Her: I'm not going to waive the telephone booking fee, as there's nothing wrong with the website.
Me: You say the website is not making the booking because there is a duplicate booking there. However, the website is NOT giving me a message saying "Sorry, there is a problem with your booking, please call our Service Centre who will help you." It is saying "Sorry, we couldn't find the page your are looking for. You may have used an outdated link." This clearly indicates that the website is not working correctly.
Her: Are we now going to start discussing website messages or do you want to make the booking?

[...]

Her: shall we proceed with the booking?
Me: Yes please, I would like to pay immediately but without the telephone booking fee.
Her: There's no point in returning to that subject, that's not going to happen.

[...]

Me: Can I talk to your supervisor please?
Her: There is no supervisor, just me. You can't talk to a supervisor
Me: Really? In all my years of experience talking to companies, I have always been able to talk to a supervisor. I would like to talk to a supervisor in order to make a complaint.
Her: Supervisors are here to assist us, the agents, and not to talk to customers. There is no supervisor you can talk to.

[...]

Me: I know that it is entirely within your power to waive the booking fee. You are about to lose a customer waiting card in hand to pay you GBP2100, even though it is not my fault I can't pay via your website because it won't let me, and I'm already paying a fortune to make this telephone call from abroad?
Her: I'm not going to waive the booking fee.

[...]

Me: This is bad customer service.
Her: You are entitled to your opinion, I disagree.
Me: I'm the customer, and I can tell when I'm getting bad service!
Her: That's your opinion.

Final verdict: I really tried, but ultimately couldn't bring myself to give them my money. I realised I'd rather spend a couple of hundred more to fly with another airline. Despite me not just considering a large purchase but desperate to make one, KLM lost me permanently as a customer because their response to my minor problem was one big, resounding "get lost." Message received.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - wheel chair not provided

On May 08/2012.My Loving Mom frail 78 years was coming to meet us From India .We were so anxious.We talked to so many airlines but decided KLM.Made sure that you will take care.Alas made a wrong choice.Requested wheel chair assistance all the way.She did not get it anywhere. Air-hostesses allowed her to walk .This is nothing, at the Calgary airport she was handed all her belongings and left on the escalator where she fell and injured her head. Was taken to hospital .Nobody informed although telephone and contact numbers were there.Gross negligence.She was taken to hospital ER bleeding.I was left breathless and was like HOW COULD YOU DO THAT!! She is OLD .Was that because she is brown you didn t care to help her.I am not sleeping till I resolve this and fire that person who left her at the ESCALATOR.Only a ###ed person can do that.I want you to initiate the inquiry ASAP.I am calling KLM office they tranfer my calls to manager but they hang up??

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - racist

In Kenya and on tranfer from Lusaka t my daughter was first told that she did not have a visa to travel to Canada. Duh! how very stupid of this officer who obviously did not know anything about visa agreements between Commonwealth countries, so my daughter educated him, then realizing hoe stupid he was he decided to punch back and said my daughter's passport was not genuine and was a forged document. Thats it, she could not travel instead she slept at the airport and first thing in the morning called the embassy. the embassy sent a representative to the airport who verified that the passport was genuine and belonged to my daughter and that if there was any other problem they should be notified. She was told she would be on the next flight but lo and behold, when the time came she was told yet again by a different person the same ### and bull from the previous night, had no visa and her passport was fake, this time she was detained, the embassy was never told. When she did not arive in Canada I started calling only to find that she was detained for 4 days and the embassy never notified. She was in shock when the embassy went to pick her up from the airport, and nobody was able to explain anything to the embassy. It's simple, they just picked on her for no reason except that she is BLACK! She was not refunded for the ticket and I communicated with agency that sold me the ticket, who in turn wrote to the airline office in the US. After six months I followed up and they said they would not refund as it was the passenger's responsibility to make sure that her documents are in order before travelling. WHAT DOCUMENTS??? She did not need a visa to travel to Canada, the information is available on the internet if you dont know what agreements are there between Commonwealth countries, and her passport was verified by the embassy. How do you even detain someone for 4 days without a warrant, that is abuse of human rights. KLM is RACIST and RIP off living off selling tickets then refusing people boarding then refusing to refund. They should not be allowed to be in business because they are SHADY!!

KLM is racist. They did not allow my Cambodian family to fly after we paid for our tickets. They said it was because we did not check any baggage. WTF. No it's because we are browned skined and were Cambodian nationals.

L

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - false advertising

I tried to buy Award Promotional tickets in the KLM website together with my wife, we are both members of KLM program Flying Blue.

A desired flight was available in the web site, we went through all the steps to complete/buy the flight and in the end (right before inserting the credit card details), the flight ended up to not be available anymore! During the procedure, she was missing 500 miles so she bought 2000 more miles. However, since the flight suddenly become unavailable, we had to look for a new connection, which is much more inconvenient but cheaper, meaning that she unnecessarily bought 2000 miles (53 non refundable euros).

I strongly have the impression that KLM advertises Promo Awards but only makes very few seats (if any!) available. This strategy to *lure* the loyal customer is embarrassing and unfortunate. I understand that KLM does not guarantee a number of promotional seats, however, making them unavailable during *the entire* buying process and informing the unavailability only in the payment step is extremely sad and dishonest.

My wife and I feel fooled by the promotional propaganda of Promo Award tickets and very unhappy for having to pay 53 euros for no reason.

My wife contacted KLM and they simply reply saying that they cannot guarantee the promotional seats. I contacted KLM and haven't got any answer.

Different from some other airlines, the Promo Awards in the KLM/Air France Flying Blue program seems to be a scam (I wish I am wrong about that).

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - rude behavior of &ticket agent&

I will try to lay it out as much as possible... and try to give you the tone of the conversation as well. Quite difficult in a written version. It is lengthy... but it is necessary to explain the...

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - non-refundable tickets

I recently bought a KLM ticket to the UK from Japan, I do this at least 3 times a year - I spend an awful lot of money with KLM exclusively as they fly into Cardiff and it saves me from going through Heathrow.
When ordering a ticket online, did you know that they can sell you non-refundable tickets without telling you? No? Neither did I, until I tried to change the details after having an accident at home and not being able to fly.
When phoning KLM they told me that I had agreed to the terms on the website - but I didn't see anything regarding these non-refundable tickets - only to 'check my details carefully'.

So basically I have lost 600 pounds on an airline ticket if I decide to cancel and they will now resell to someone else and make twice the amount of money off. KLM doesn't mention any specific details of cancellations on the website either - and it's not written on my tickets or on any of my other e-mails.

Quite honestly, even though I have a leg in a cast I'm temped to board the plane and they will have to work stuff out for me - I dont see why companies can just take money away from you, it's disgusting.

Well KLM, if you are reading this - I normally spend about 4000 pounds a year with you guys, times that for all the years that I would go to the UK for the rest of my life (roughly another 30) and you have realised that you have lost 4000 x 30 = 120, 000 pounds. That's an awful lot of money just because you don't want someone to move a ticket!

Good luck to you, I won't be seeing you again - I'd rather fly to heathrow and commute home rather than to book a flight with you again.

C
Mar 01, 2012

On KLM.com they charge you a 10 euros booking fees. On airfrance.be you can book the same flights, same dates, same time, etc but with no 10 euros booking fees. This is the same company so why different rates for the same destination, dates, flights, etc according if you book on airfrance.fr, aifrance.be or klm.com??? KLM rip you off and is not worth it. Are we so different from a country to another???

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - website error

Beware before you use KLM airlines
I have written to KLM airlines to try and sort this unfair system that they operate within. We are an organisation that will never ever use this company again. Their customers service is appalling, rude and down right ignorant, they have not had the courtesy to reply, only pass this issue on to lastminute.com and after weeks of corresponding and telephone calls to them, they eventually informed me that they had nothing to do with this booking.

Customer Support Department
South Terminal London Gatwick Airport West Sussex, RH6OPU

May 31st 2011

Dear Sir / Madam,

Online flight bookings - Booking code: YWAZ2A and YWGASH

On Thursday May 27 2011, I attempted to book online tickets for 11 people through - Skyscanner flight search. The set-up on this website only allowed me to book a maximum of 8 persons and they then sent me to your website to continue with my request. Because of the set up I completed an identical booking on your site for 6 persons and 5 and sent them simultaneously to you. The first 6 persons were accepted and the 5 was rejected, the reason given on your website was that this e-mail address had already booked tickets and my request for the five persons was refused. I then reset the booking for the five persons on your site and unfortunately made an error in the booking time which you will see from the ticket reference numbers above. In a short time I immediately communicated through your website customer support section and pointed out my mistake.
On Friday and Saturday morning I received an e-mail (unfortunately I was away on Friday) and contacted your Customer Support Department on Saturday morning by telephone as requested and the lady on the line explained that she could only advise by the guidelines of the Company. I the asked her if I could discuss the matter with her manager and she said that she would place me on hold, I waited for approximately 20 minutes and without any explanation from her about the delay I replaced my handset. I am totally dissatisfied with this person arrogance towards me and would ask you through you phone call trace system to reprimand her.
Because of the genuine mistake that I made, I have now had to make an amendment to the flight booking code: YWAZ2A at £77 per person and would ask you to consider a goodwill gesture and waive these excessive charges or reduce them to cover administration costs only.
I look forward to hearing from you soon and would appreciate your help on this matter.
Yours sincerely,

Colin Thomas

Just to let you know that this is a website for people to moan on, this site is not managed by persons who can get compensation etc...
It's just for people to have a vent!!

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - pet cargo vs. excess bag

My dog has flown on KLM as excess bag in the past. Most recently from South Africa to the Netherlands. Now we are relocating to South Africa from the Netherlands less than a year later with KLM and I have purchased my ticket. After trying to get my dog tickets for the same flight as excess bag on KLM, customer care and reservations now says that my dog cannot come on board as excess baggage. I contacted South African and Dutch vets and authorities to clarify why KLM would deny my dog to fly as excess baggage. These vets and authorities clearly stated that my dog could fly as excess bag but that he had to go through the cargo department on arrival South Africa to be checked by a vet. KLM says that information from IATA and South Africa state otherwise. They say that all pets must go through cargo and never as excess baggage. But they do not want to read the rules (which South African and Dutch vets and authorities emailed me) that state pets can travel as excess bag then go via cargo to be checked by a state vet at the Johannesburg airport. I had more than 10 telephonic discussions with their staff and they did not even want to hear or read information from the vets and authorities. NOW, I am forced to pay more than 1, 200Euros to have my dog go in cargo with expensive cargo carriers. This is disgusting. KLM does not even listen to anyone especially its loyal customers. They have disappointed me on many occasions but now I'm furious and will be suing them for damages.

Below is quote from South African vet authority...

'All dogs and cats imported into South Africa must be registered, as manifest cargo and can not fly as excess baggage. The Directorate Veterinary Services does not have veterinary officials at the passenger terminal of OR Tambo (Johannesburg) and Cape Town International Airport to check the paper work of dogs entering South Africa via the passenger terminal of the respective airports. The dogs and cats can only disembark via the cargo terminal of the respective airports.

Dogs and cats may travel in the cabin with the owner, if allowed by the airline, but the pets must be registered as manifest cargo and the airline staff must take the pets from the owner on landing so that they can be off loaded from the plane via the cargo terminal. '

J
Jun 17, 2011

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - expensive with cheap services

I bought a round trip to ticket to Bangkok with Royal Dutch Airlines. Compared with other airlines
the price was higher but I was assured by the ticketing office that 28 kilos would be allowed as check
in luggage. During the flight, the food offered to the Economy Passengers was little and awful. We
barely touched the bland menu. On my way back, I checked in 26 kilos, the Ground Steward said I
was only allowed 23 Kilos. I showed my ticket which indicated 28 kilos check in. The Steward brought
it to his chief and I waited for ten minutes. The Officer said it was a mistake and I was forced to remove
three kilos from my luggage. When I asked for my ticket for check in. He could no longer find it. I was
detained at the check in counter and again at the Immigration.

Avoid Royal Dutch Airlines (KLM) at all costs. Do not be fooled by its incentives on additional check
in luggage. Middle Eastern and other Asian Airlines are generous with luggages. Furthermore, their
Ground and Air Services are excellent to be compared with this stingy Royal Dutch Airlines.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - unauthorized credit card charges

Dear KLM
In August 2010 I bought a return ticket to Peru from Sweden with the following route (Got-Ams-Panama-Lima). When I was in Peru decided to change the return date and the return destination for London. So I went online and try to book it but I would not let me so I had to phone KLM in Peru to check for available dates and prices. The customer person who answered me was very nice and friendly and informed me that if I decided to change my ticket to London on January 28th I only needed to pay 7.64 dollars (confirmation email). I could not believe my penalty payment was so cheap so I double check by asking her if this information was correct (calls were recorded by KLM), the person on the phone informed me that she was going to check if there was any problem with the system and ask why the tariff was so cheap.
After waiting a few minutes on the phone she confirmed the tariff and explained me that there were many reason why this new ticket was so cheap, the chosen date of return, flying direct with KLM instead of using partner airlines via Panama and apparently flying to London was cheaper than Sweden, so instead of refunding me this money I was deducted the penalty fee for changing my ticket meaning that I only own them 7. Usa dollars.
I didn’t buy the ticket immediately just because I had some business to solve. When I called back to KLM I had a different person on the phone (phone call also recorded by KLM), I asked her for the same thing (changing date and destiny) for which I had different news prices, so I explained her the deal I was previously told and it was still available. (Seriously what kind of system they use that gives complete different information according to user), anyhow, one more time after some minutes waiting on the phone she found the deal I wanted it but this time she told me that she need it to double check this information, if the system had collapsed again. I explained her that the other people on the phone give me those reason and if that could be possible and she agreed with me. Due to this reaction I asked her if she could send me an email confirming the offered rate (very lousy email confirming the price) and proceed to disclose my credit card details for the payment. I keep calling KLM to get a receipt from them for my payment (which KLM never bother to sent) since I could not see the transaction on my credit card and I was afraid they wouldn’t let me board. Great was my surprise when I check in and received summary receipt stating a charge of 134american dollars which I didn’t even know why, or when did I approve it. So guess what I never really even got charge this 7 dollars by KLM they just charge whatever they considered, without consulting me, informing me or approval at all. SO I went to KLM customer center in Peru and they just didn’t even bother to apologize just “let me know” that complaints were meant to be doing online so they could bother to help me. After sending claims over a month I receive the following “apologize” from Niels Nielsen (KLM Europe Customer Care)
Dear Ms Faura,

Thank you for your messages sent 29 January, 14 February, 16 February, 1 March and your telephone call 15 March 2011. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced when you rebooked the return leg of your flight to the 28 January 2011 from Lima to London via Amsterdam onboard flights KL 0744 and KL 1021 and the penalty fee you were charged.

It is always our intention to offer our customers clear and accurate information regarding our services, so I am sorry to learn that you were unhappy with the information provided by our Reservations staff in Lima.

However, theres seems to have happened a serious misunderstanding. The information you received was correct that your rebooked return leg was indeed potentially cheaper. On the 10 August 2010 in Sweden you bought a ticket with restrictions on rebookings which meant that it was cheaper then tickets with changeable return dates but also meant that you would not be refunded if your travelled on the same class, which you did (Q-class), although it might be changed to a cheaper trip.

Therefore the information you received that the penality fee could be deducted from the fare difference was a misunderstanding, because based on this fare basis you had to pay this on top of your original fare. The new ticket was automatically generated and it fully complies with the fare basis your original ticket was based on.

I can assure you that your comments regarding this matter will be forwarded to the attention of the Reservations department for internal information. Improvement to our service continues to be an ongoing process and I would like you to know that by taking the time to write to us you have greatly contributed to this.

I do hope that the above explanation will help soften the negative impact of this situation, and that you will afford us another opportunity to serve you to your entire satisfaction.

Yours sincerely,

Niels Nielsen
IF THIS WAS A MISSUNDERSTANDIDNG NOT BY ME, SINCE IM NOT WORKING FOR KLM AND GIVING WRONG INFORMATION, WHY SHOULD I PAY FOR THE CONSEGUENCES OF THEIR EMPLOYES, WHY”!!!
It seems like KLM is used to talk with mentally ###ed people unaware of their rights to give me that kind of answer including an invitation to keep using their service, so if KLM doesn’t return the illegal charge they made using my banking details for an UNAPPROVED TRANSACTION, you know where you can PUT that invitation.

atte
Faura Grissel

Happy ending
After submitted my complain several time, I finally got a travel voucher for the amount owned, so I d like to thanks KLM for this gesture of fairness, and also for showing that Customer Care do Care about your satisfaction, is only matter of finding the right person to heard you.
Thanks KLM, you are back to my TOP airline

S
Mar 02, 2011

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - vouchers cannot be used when booking online

I had bought an "option" (pre-reservation) for two KLM tickets and wanted to use two vouchers (so-called Travel Discount Certificates, that I had received from KLM last year due to flight problems) when I were to use my option and buy the tickets. These vouchers were each valid 50 EUR until 28 February 2012.

I then contacted KLM by phone and talked to one of their employees, but she told me, that I could not use these vouchers to partially pay for the tickets, because their web site wasn't able to receive information regarding these vouchers.

I disagreed very much with her, because nowhere on the vouchers there is an indication of, that these cannot be used for a web booking.

But she wouldn't let me use the vouchers, unless I bought tickets on the phone with a new reservation, thus not using the option that I had paid 20 EUR for. And if I were to buy tickets on the phone without the option, these would be so expensive, that the difference between these and my option ticket price would exceed the value of the vouchers.

She wouldn't let me talk to a supervisor, and if I were to talk with another agent, she was convinced that I would have the same answer as she gave me.

Neither from the information on the vouchers nor when I bought the option (made the pre-reservation), I had any information of that their web site lacked the possibility of using the vouchers as partial payment.

I am convinced that they have a legal problem, if they neglect a customer's wish to use such vouchers just because that they make an online booking instead of using the phone doing so.

I needed the tickets, so I had to use the options without using the vouchers.

I am working in an international company, where many of us travel by airplane. And I have a strong network to my colleagues in 15 European countries, and thus good possibilities for influencing these in which airplane companies to use. I am certainly going to use this influence.

Afterwards I filed a complaint and was informed on the web page, that "You will receive shortly an acknowledgement to: (my email address). If you do not receive this message within the day, the email address you entered may be incorrect. In that case please post again your request."

I am 100% sure that my email address was correct entered, but didn't receive any acknowledgement. The next day I contacted them by phone again, but they weren't able to assure me that they had received the complaint ...

After contacting them for the second time, I received an auto-generated mail from them: "Thank you for making your reservation on klm.dk. Having received the KLM newsletter email for a while and now that you have been on klm.dk, you’ve seen just how easy booking online with KLM really is!" ...

B
Mar 31, 2013

My daughter had a similar experience with KLM vouchers! Something should be done about it! If KLM is not honoring its vouchers it is committing fraud.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - bad company - dont trust it

KLM is a socks company...
My relatives bought a ticket in Panama Republica at Viajes y Destinos. S.A
Via Beneto to my brother that live in London...he suppost to travel on the
2nd of February 2011 but he had and inconveniant then he calls the
agency in Panama and they told him it was not a problem that to call few days before and it will be a little charge.So he did, BUT there start the problems...they told him that was not possible...that KLM dont acept it
and he will loose the ticket (USD 1450), so no travel and no money refund,
KLM will not negociated at all...he loose the ticke period.
Iam been a traveler person must of my life...I never ear such thing...this
COMPANY IS SUCKS!!!All the travel company can do it ...EXCEPT KLM
Now that we have this problem...I ear a lot of bad things about them
KLM IS A SHAME FOR THE AIR INDUSTRY!!! IM SURE YOU, I AND
AVERY BODY WILL EAR THAT KLM GOES OUT OF BUSSINES...
THEY DESERVE IT...IS LIKE THEY ROBE CUSTUMER THA WAY!!!
BEAUTIFULL!!! BRILLIANT.

C
Mar 01, 2012

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - klm lost my baggages

I am Mrs. Lee.
I and my husband(Mr.Hong), we went to London via Amsterdam for our honeymoon at 19 Dec 2010.
We arrived at Amsterdam, all airport in London was closed. We could'nt departure.
So next day, we decided to go to Birmingham by airplan, and go to London by bus that night.
But we arrived at Birmingham after waiting for an hour for baggage that it was not on board. With all personal effects in the bag, we had to buy all personal effects.
Despite numerous calls to the airport, airline and baggage handling company we are still no closer to getting it back.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - 14 hour delete of flight

3. of November 2010. Mombasa-Amsterdam flight had a delay of 14 hours. The flight was suppose to take of 9:25 AM took of 11:30 Pm! Flight number KL 1963 MP 0816, Typ Boeing 767-300/300...

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - lost baggage - bad service

I am not going into the whole lengthy story, but KLM canceled our connecting flight from Amsterdam to Heathrow, forcing us to find our own accommodations late at night and make alternative travel...

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - baggage damage

Why is it that every time i travel with klm, i am left with damaged baggage ? Klm has a definite need to improve it's shockingly poor handling of baggage .As a frequent flyer on klm, i urge all fellow passengers to reconsider using the services of klm as they are unable to deliver ones luggage without damaged .To compound maters, klm staff at jhb are simply not interested in replacing luggage .If i hear one more staff member of klm say oh >>>it"s wear and tear on a brand new bag used once or twice, i might scream . Thanks to the useless nico - manager at klm jhb, poor management allow klm to loose customers who travel the jhb -marseille route at least 5 x year . I certainly will not be using klm again ... After all it only adds to the airfare to have to replace a bag each and everytime one flies with klm . Advise :use virgin over klm any day

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - horrible customer service

My husband and I flew to Belgium for our wedding and decided to use my flying blue miles. We departed from Dubai via Amsterdam on Friday September 3rd 2010 and returned on Sunday September 5th 2010. Our wedding was on September 4th.
Needless to say the service provided by KLM ruined the whole trip. Thank you KLM for making me feel like a second class citizen because I had chosen to use my miles instead of paying a fare. Shame on me for being a loyal passenger instead of ponying up the cash.
Here's what happened.
We were seated in a row of 3. The plane was not full so we both took aisle seat. But alas, the comfort was reserved for paying customers and I was told (not asked, told) to go back to the middle as the aisle seat was for someone else. I thought someone was coming. A minute went by, then two. Then the woman sitting in the middle seat in front of me saw the empty aisle seat and asked the flight attendant if she could take it. "But of course!". I see. She could, but not me.
Later in the flight as I was sleeping they served the meal. The passenger behind me violently pushed my seat upright which woke me up. I looked behind me as he said something in Dutch. I turned to the flight attendant who didn't even flinched as she told me: "He needs space to eat". I told her I was sleeping. She just repeated he needed space. I guess he needed the space and comfort more than me.
A few hours later breakfast was served. How do we know? We were awoken by a putrid smell which we thought was the result of someone getting extremely air sick. No such thing, it was the eggs they served for breakfast.

I was glad to get off the flight.
We wed on Saturday and on Sunday dragged our feet back to the airport. At check in the young lady noticed we were on a short turnaround and asked us why. We explained about our wedding and she told us nicely she would put a note in the system about us being newlyweds and also give us front row seats so we could be comfortable adding that since the flight was not full we would get the three seats to ourselves.
In Amsterdam we eagerly boarded the plane. No one said congratulations though. We sat and were pleased with the legroom as my husband is very very tall. We both were in aisle seats. But shortly before take off, a cabin attendant arrived with a gentleman and proceeded to seat him between us. We explained we were newlyweds and perhaps she could sit him somewhere else? "No, I must accommodate this passenger so you sit in the middle" she told me. Thank you again KLM. The passenger in question wasn't pleased with the situation and spent the next 6 hours jabbing his sharp elbow in my rib cage hoping to get a reaction. I did not try to speak to the flight attendant as I knew they would just tell me as they had done on the previous flight that he needed his comfort.

I wrote to the airline. Here are some key responses: "
If some passengers decide to fully recline their seat then it is to be hoped that they will consider the effect on those behind them. Eating one's meal, enjoying a drink or working on a laptop can be uncomfortable without this consideration, and we are sorry that your fellow passenger had to push you forcefully.

We expect all passengers to show consideration in the cabin to all. Our crew will intervene in the event of a flight safety issue, however where flight safety is not put into question our actions can be limited.

Whenever possible, in order to resolve a situation, our cabin crew will offer an alternative seat in the same cabin. I regret to learn that this was not the case."

they did not offer any real apology for the rudeness of their staff and missed the point. For them it's ok if a passenger pushes your seat up. And wow, the flight attendant should have offered me another seat? You mean the one she declined me in the first place?

I disagree with you. So what you're having wedding? you need the WHOLE WORLD to celebrate with you? In respect to the seating, it's by right KLM has the right to seat you where they deem fit. Anywaycomes mealtimes, it's only standard procedure that seats are to be in upright position (as a basic courtesy to others same fare paying customers on board the aircraft) well if you are so not happy with the free-miles-usage-and-they-give-me-such-attitude, go fly first class then if you could afford it using your millege or else better still, go fly with other airlines then :)) I am sure KLM and other fare paying passengers like me would be happy with less one passenger like you. Good day :))

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - I have been trying to purchase my ticket online for over an hour now

I’m pretty frustrated at the moment I have been trying to purchase my ticket online for over an hour now. First the web page informed me that my banking details were incorrect, this led to a long process with my bank which proved that all details were in fact correct and everything was 100% following this and another long wait in the automated telephone queuing system I spoke to an operator who has sent me an e-mail and a payment request from Air France, but the site has an security warning stating it is an invalid certificate, and that they are unable to validate my certificate because no record was found for the supplier???

I’m certainly not entering my credit card info on an insecure connection. How hard is it to book and pay for a ticket.

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines - baggage damaged

Iam a KLM passenger dated Feb.28, 2010 from flight Amsterdam via Manila I and my companion was informed that our baggage was delayed on that day. So i was able to pick up the delayed baggage on the following day and when i came home i just noticed that my check in baggage was broke already, please sir, do something about this problem that it will not happend again to the other passengers so that we won't lose our trust to your company. Thank You!

i am a passenger from newcastle to amsterdam then to iran on 25th march, we arrived at our destination late at knight so when we got of we went straight to north of iran, which is really far from the airport, i arrived and the next day when i got there, i came to open my luggage and i saw that your workers have broken the keys of my luggage and took stuff out it, know when i think about it yous have took alot of stuff out of it. when i contact your office yous told me to call yous on saurday, because everywhere was closed for the new year, when i called on saturday and sunday nobody answered and on monday i called someone answered and they said you called to late, so what should i do, this is wasting my holiday so could you please do something about this, because am here only for a month and i cant keep on complaining and noone will answer.
my number is:[protected] - this is in iran.
my number is:[protected] - this is in england my daughter can answer.
my booking code is: Z76QXZ.
my email address is: [email protected]
please could you answer us as soon as possible.
your sincerly