Having problems with Otel.com?

Otel.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 3, 2009. The latest review cancelled trip in May 2020 was posted on Mar 3, 2021. The latest complaint Refused to settle claims for airfares and out of pocket expenses was resolved on Nov 07, 2014. Otel.com has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 72 reviews. Otel.com has resolved 15 complaints.

Otel.com Customer Service Contacts

Yıldız Teknik Üniversitesi Davutpaşa Kampüsü, Teknopark D2 Blok, 2.Kat
Istanbul, New York
Turkey - 34220

Otel.com Complaints & Reviews

Otel.comcancelled trip in May 2020

booked a trip to Florida in February of 2020. Pandemic hit and I called and cancelled my trip. Waited for a response or a refund but the otel.com home page asked us to be patient due to the enormous amt of cancellations from the pandemic. I was patient for another 2 months but then started with a string of emails requesting a refund or even a credit.
I checked my acct frequently and it kept saying my case was closed.
One year later I have still not heard from them nor received a credit or refund.
I have contacted my credit card company but they are saying it is too late for them to offer me a credit. I was trying to be nice and patient in the beginning now I am irrate that they are taking advantage of people who used their booking service.

Otel.comAccommodation covid 19 refund

Buyer Beware I am like everyone else booked Accommodation with Otel.com which is part of Met Group pty Ltd Trump Hotel Hawaii for June 2020 $1496.20 notified in March due to COVID 19 I would not be using accommodation and cancelled as per web site instructions after an awful lot of emails was told refund would be paid by years end 2020 contacted hotel and no money was never paid this company hardly acknowledged any correspondence difficult to deal with never ever again This is international stealing

Otel.comHotel closed due to Covid 19 not received a refund

I booked Hotel Delhi Aranci in Rome for 5 April 2020 via Otel .comThe hotel was closed due to Covid Otel .com did not inform me I found out by contacting the hotel through their Facebook page I have made several attempts to get a refund or voucher and they just say due to high volumes of calls be patient ! it has now been over 9 months which is an excessive wait for a refund !!it is impossible to contact anyone at Otel. com and manage my bookings is not working!!

Otel.comRefund on accommidation Due to Corona Virus 19

Booked accomidation 31/10/2019 for 3 nights Trump Hawai reservation 7363ED1 $1496.20 notified ote.coml in March 2020 would not be using booking in June due to Virus and asked for a refund after a lot of corespondance and contacting Trump Hotel no money was ever paid and email sent to Otel asking to fast forward refund otel.com sent an email saying money would be refunded by end of 2020 there are 3 days to go

Otel.comHotel cancellation without notifying me and payment not reimbursed

Hello,

I made a reservation in Els pins resort & spa hotel located in Ibiza for 4 nights from 7 to 11 October 2020. When I arrived there, the hotel told me that Otel.com had cancelled my reservation on 2 October 2020 and I was not made aware of anything. I tried to call Otel.con and an automatic voicemail says that they are not taking call these days due to the coronavirus situation and suggest to do everything via its website. I raised several tickets/cases in their website more than 2 weeks ago and so far I have not received any response.

Looking online, it seems they have done this multiple times to other people and it is a scam. I'd like to be reimbursed my money asap as well as the difference in fare from the amount that I paid when i made the original reservation and the money I paid when I arrived at the hotel and I had to make a new reservation on the spot.

The original reservation reference was 7D6E382. See booking attached.

Hotel cancellation without notifying me and payment not reimbursed

Oct 16, 2020

Otel.com — Not refunding when countries on lock-down for covid-19

Don't book any travel with Otel.com, they are very dishonest and will steal your money! In January 2020...

Aug 10, 2020

Otel.com — Canceled my reservation and did not refund the amount charged to my credit card

Here is the letter I received I would get a refund of $621.35 for reservation number 0841807. It has now been...

Otel.comCancellation not refunded

I booked my vacation on line with otel.com. I called hotel directly about 3 weeks before I was to go to verify my reservation and they stated I didnt have one that it had been cancelled by otel.com - I went online on my acct at otel.Comit was still showing active on my end so I cancelled it which was well with the period to ge a full refund - I have sent numerous email complaints they have offered me a credit voucher which I refused over 90 days ago I filed a complaint with the better business which is pending but they again offered me a credit voucher which I again refused - I want my money back please help me to get this money from this company who is a fraud company!!! All the comments on their facebook page are the same as mine they will not refund anyones money!! My agreement was if I cancelled in time which I did I would get a full refund on the cc that was charged! They have my money!!!

Otel.comBilling

I had paid for four days and three nights at best western in pinetop-lakeside, az. The confirmation number is tracking number : og-[protected]. On my bank statement, I was charged twice for the time, then one was cancelled. In addition to this, best western is not receiving any money at this time. I think otel should refund my money for the embarrassment and inconvenience and certainly pay the best western in pinetop-lakeside the monies they took from my account.

Walter metrick
              [protected]@aol.com

Otel.comCancellation not refunded

I had reservation that I booked on otel.com booking number 4e02823 kim ford I called ahead of time to the hotel itself to verify my reservation they stated otel had cancelled I got on line my reservation was still showing active so I cancelled and started the process off trying to get my refund as I was well in the cancellation period — I have sent like 10 email to otel, com to no advail they tried to give me voucher I said I dontwant that then almost 30 days later again they tried to give me voucher I am like I want my money it had been over 60 days and I want my money back!!!

Otel.comRefund process

Our booking was cancelled due to Covid19 back in March. We had free cancellation anyway and the hotel was booked for April. My sister made the booking and has been trying to get our refund from otel.com since April. We have all the original correspondence stating that our refund would be processed in 60 days. As we are now in the middle of June I'm losing patience with this company. They have stopped responding to our messages and phone lines are not working. We had booked through the trivago website and they are no help whatsoever. What's our next step. Our booking reference is OL-[protected].

Otel.comHotel stay in NY

I booked a room for 2 days at the Hotel at Times Square through Otel.com. Due to the COVID19 pandemic my plans were cancelled. I had to cancel the trip. When I tried to get ahold of the website (numerous times) I received no answer or response. One number was in thr US but was dissconnected, the other out of the country and always busy. Due to COVID19 I would think getting a refund should be no problem, I just wanted to wait and rebook when safe to do so. These people are just ignoring me and will not answer. I found numerous complaints of the same nature on Facebook. What do I do? Using a pandemic to steal from someone should be a crime.

• Updated by rounse7 · Apr 07, 2020

I booked a Hotel for 2 days at the Hotel at Times Square thru Otel.com. Due to COVID19 I had to cancel, hoping to rebook at a later time when safe to due so. I have gotten no response from them about a refund or rebooking, cannot get thru to them. One number in the US was dissconnectd the other outside the country and always busy. It should be a crime for someone to make nmoney off a pandemic. They also have numerous complaints on Facebook for the same reason, no reply or contact. What do I do.

Feb 09, 2020

Otel.com — Hotel booking issue

Jacqueline Fraser Reference 82E8669 I booked with otel.com back in June 2019 for 5 nights in Miami Beach...

Dec 16, 2019

Otel.com — Mistake in the booking

Good afternoon I hereby expose an unpleasant experience that happened to me when I made a reservation on the...

Otel.comBooking hotel rooms

Otel. com stole my money from my checking account. They offered a special room price/rate for the Sagamore Hotel in Miami. Otel never procured the room but, Otel took money out of my checking account. That is stealing! So, basically the money was stolen from my account via Otel. What is the penalty for stealing in your country for stealing? Please let me know. I need the money back as soon as possible! I cannot afford to give away money.

Otel.comMisleading prices

Dear Team,

I am writing this email with great disappointment. I have been trying to book hotels using your website and unfortunately, every time I see a competitive price, I go to book the hotel and then the price increase drastically.

I am sure you can imagine, how frustrating that can be- I think your web prices needs to be reviewed.

Kind regards,

Alma Begum

Jul 12, 2019

Otel.com — Hotel room

Booking Number: 242971D Hello. I had originally entered a complaint via the otel.com website on the...

Otel.comNo refund despite not delivering accommodation

Otel.com left me standing outside our hotel with no available room and after three months is still refusing to return my money, even after the hotel confirmed to me in writing that they have returned my money to them. They have now just stopped responding without resolving the issue.

The hotel I booked that same morning was overbooked and basically sent me on my way. Otel.com can't be reached but on a Turkish number or a long wait on a chat. On the chat I did get the confirmation that a refund would be issued. We're three months on now. Ultimately I paid Otel.com for something they didn't have. My booking ID was E810236.

I'm looking to get a response and an issue of a full refund.

Otel.comHotel booking # 812d727

I booked a hotel on your website on 30/4/19 to Sorrento. It clearly stated and also did in my confirmation email, that no money would be taken.
                            I cancelled the same day as I found a room in the same hotel with a balcony.
                            I was told my card had been charged and it would take 7-14 working days for me to get my money back. I was devastated as I am a single parent on a very low income.
                            It meant that I had to cancel my trip and lose my flight money as I don't have the money to book 2 hotels. Otel.com completed ruined my trip. I needed a break so much.
                            I have no had a refund, I have been to my bank 4 times and am there now.
                            I'm so devastated by this. I have been talking on live chat to Hillary and she was so unhelpful with no customer service skills what so ever.
                            I want an investigation launched immediately.
                            I have seen all the awful reviews online about Otel.com and wished I'd seen them before I booked.
                            I have all this stress and didn't even go on my much needed trip.

Otel.comHorrible customer service

This is the live chat, please review and decide for yourself:

Welcome to LiveChat

Tolga
                              Support Agent

Tolga 21:32
                              Hello Loren S Allen. How can I help you today?
                              Loren S Allen 21:32
                              High has my reservation nature 1st and last name been updated
                              Reservation voucher - [OL-[protected]]
                              It was listed as home home
                              I called in earlier to make it be changed to Loren Allen
                              I did not receive a confirmation that the change had been made yet

Tolga 21:34
                              Have you sent us query about it?
                              Loren S Allen 21:35
                              Yes this morning at 12:15 pm Eastern standard time
                              I was told you would be making the change and sending me a confirmation when complete
                              I am following up because I did not receive the confirmation email yet

Tolga 21:35
                              Then, please wait for the email of my collegue.
                              Loren S Allen 21:35
                              My slightest tomorrow I'm going to need some verification now

Tolga 21:35
                              She is not here at the moment. She may have received a reply from hotel.
                              But, I do not have accesss.
                              Loren S Allen 21:36
                              When will you have an answer for me
                              I get my flight leaves at 1:00 p.m. tomorrow out of the country

Tolga 21:36
                              Loren, you spoke to my collegue.
                              Since I cannot see her emails, I cannot say anything.
                              You can contact us 9 hours later.
                              Loren S Allen 21:37
                              Who is the supervisor I'm about to call in you should have a ticketing system and not rely solely on emails I've already spoken to the hotel and they are aware of the issue but your customer service should have some other type of way to track these type of incidents
                              Your answers are not acceptable
                              Loren S Allen 21:38
                              Will some type of confirmation or status update this would not be an issue
                              You have failed to supply me with any information
                              So again when will I receive a status update

Tolga 21:39
                              Loren, we are here trying to fix your mistake.
                              If you did not have troubles, you should have checked name and last name before you complete the booking.
                              Loren S Allen 21:40
                              My mistake?

Tolga 21:40
                              So, now, you need to wait for update.
                              Because my collegue is not here. and I do not have access on her emails
                              Since you did not send a query through contact form, I cannot track anything at the moment.
                              Please wait for my collegue's reply.
                              Loren S Allen 21:41
                              Tioga, I will make note of the response you have given and make sure you receive the appropriate action
                              Delivered

Tolga 21:41
                              I have also sent an email to hotel from the system, they must receive it from the system.
                              Type in your message here and press Enter to send