Menu
KitchenAid
reviews & complaints

KitchenAid
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

329 complaints
122 resolved 207 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of KitchenAid. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
4:46 pm EDT

KitchenAid - refrigerator repair

This is how you lose customers. Just letting you know in the vain hope that at some point American companies will care about customer service.

In January the cooling system of our 9 year old Kitchenaid refrigerator failed. Your authorized service company in this area, Potomac MD, is called VIA. VIA charged us $120 for a service call to tell us what we already knew, said the labor to fix it would cost $500. They returned a couple days later, installed the new parts which were covered by Kitchenaid's warranty. When I noted that $500 seemed an awfully high labor charge for 1.5 hours of work, they agreed to reduce the charge to $375.

At the end of April we returned to find that the cooling system had failed again. Kitchenaid Service again referred us to VIA, which again charged us $120 to tell us that the cooling system had failed. They told us that while the parts were still under warranty, their labor is covered by warranty for only 30 days and that the labor charge to re-do the repair that had failed would be $550. We protested that it was reasonable to assume that their repair in January had not been done properly, rather than assuming that the new parts were defective, and asked VIA to perform the repair again at no cost to us. After reviewing the matter, they refused.

As a result, we have bought a new, non-Whirlpool, refrigerator and won't be looking to buy any more Whirlpool products for a while.

1 comment
Jun 12, 2019 4:23 pm EDT

We apologize for any frustrations that you have experienced with your KitchenAid® Refrigerator. We regret to hear that we have lost favor with you. We wish you the best with your new Refrigerator.

3:32 pm EDT

KitchenAid - Kitchenaid grill

I was recently given a Kitchenaid grill for Fathers Day and I am frustrated with how quickly this grill became worthless. Upon opening the box and assembling it I noticed that certain parts were dented in (Which ultimately lead to water seaping into these areas). On top of that the hood of the grill has become rusted even after carefully covering the grill. This grill has been used a maximum of 5 times since I received it and this is unfortunate. I have pictures to prove my claim.
Hello Jamar Greene,
Thank you for contacting The Grill Services. I do apologize what you are experiencing with the grill. I would like to look into your warranty and try to assist you with this matter. Please fill out the below information to register your unit. To fully complete the warranty registration, a copy of the proof of purchase is required; you can attach this to be uploaded to your profile.
First Name:

City: Brooklyn
State: New York
Zip: 11226
Serial#:
Not sure where to find the model # and serial # as I no longer have the box or manual. Receit attached.
Hello Jamar,

Thank you for information. However, the invoice provided does not have a description of the item and I do not have access to enter into the Home Depot accounts.

Hello Jamar,

I do apologize you did not receive the emails. However, you can locate the model number and the serial number on the grill itself. You will see a manufacture sticker on the grill.

As for the parts that need to be replace. I could provide the items under warranty, since the items have a one year warranty. Please note, if the items are under warranty you are not responsible for the cost of the parts just the shipping and handling.

Sent: Friday, December 28, 2018 11:08 AM

Hi,
There was no sticker found on the grill. However, the model number is 810-0021 and the SKU number is [protected].
I do not think parts will fix the problem because the inside and outside are both rusted. Also the pull out tray and pit fills with water. A new grill would be the best solution as this one was poorly manufactured and the overall grill warranty is for one year.
Hello Jamar,

Unfortunately, we do not replace grills. We only offer replacing parts and technical support. If you wish to replace you will need to contact the vendor and follow their return policy.

Show quoted text
Ok so I contacted the vendor and they said that they only offer 90 day returns. So since they seem to be unhelpful my only option now is to replace the damaged parts. How do I start this process? I would need a new hood, a new chimney, and bottom plate where the charcoal goes because all of these items are rusted and bent I assume due to poor manufacturing (delivered this way).
Show quoted text
Please advise status of below request.
— Forwarded message —
Hello Jamar,

I do apologize for what for what this may have cause. Please contact our Parts Department at [protected] to place an order. Please have your model number and serial number during the call.

Jessica Garcia | Customer Service Representative

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018, 11:29 AM CustomerService

K
3:05 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My husband and I purchased a home in November, 2018 where the home was only 4 years old. Last Saturday I utilized the self clean option on our lower oven. Half way through the cycle the panel went completely black and the oven stayed in the locked position. I had a Kitchenaid repairman out here yesterday to look at the oven. We now have to have our complete...

8:15 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We purchased this refrigerator a year and a half ago and had service july of 2018 for a broken waterline in the door and the service guy replaced the motherboard, a fan and the ice-maker as a warranty / upgrade. The refrigerator died two weeks ago... Three boards went out leaving us with out a refrigerator. The service company is supposed to come out today...

7:39 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased the machine this month Jan., 2019, and did not use it until 2 days ago. I was using the dough hook, kneading bread dough and everything seemed to be going OK. After about 5 minutes, the device started to smoke, so I tried to turn it off. The on off power control switch had no effect on the operation of the machine and I had to pull the power...

4:46 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I cooked a dinner at temp of 425 and had a spill over into bottom of oven. After I let it cool I attempted to wipe it clean with plain water and dish cloth as instructed in manual. The finish is ruined with pitting and discoloration. I am furious. I am quite sure there is some explanation. Please let me know what can be done to make this right. The range was purchased December 2016 and actually used very little since then.

A
10:07 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I'm incredibly disappointed in this product and these companies. Over the holidays (Dec. 25, 2018), my just under 4 year old dishwasher leaked into our basement. Turns out, it had been leaking for a bit; building up water underneath the unit until it went into the basement. Our very good and reliable local service technician immediately identified a faulty...

3:08 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had a refrigerator, 1 1/2 years old, break (motherboard x 2, motor and fan) in the past 2 months. Kitchenaid customer service was cordial and professional. They decided to replace the entire refrigerator because our model (KRFC704FBS) was notorious for poor quality. I was told it had been discontinued for some time while it was redesigned and was recently...

12:11 pm EST

KitchenAid - gas range architect series ii/ dishwasher

In 2012 we purchased a gas range Architect series II Model KG55907SSS02 Serial# D04392752 in Dayton, Ohio for $1, 500.
In June of 2018 the oven failed to heat to temperature -- the "spark module" was not sending a signal and the rear computer panel needed to be replaced for $450 (including $273 for the part). Two months later, the front panel failed. Additional repair cost: $400.

Having to make a major repair on a 6-year-old high end domestic range does not reflect positively on the quality of the product. To have it happen with two separate parts, reflects poorly on the company that made the product: Kitchen Aid/Whirlpool.

Along with the range, in 2012 we also purchased a Kitchen Aid dishwasher whose top rack we've had to reinforce with wiring, and whose grinding mechanism we had to repair because a piece of plastic from the upper rack was caught inside it... we also continue to have electrical problems with that product.

1 comment
W
Dec 03, 2018 1:42 pm EST

Dear Lauren Heaton:
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your Dishwasher concerns. We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at [email protected], with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase, the website that you submitted your inquiry, and a brief description of the issue. We look forward to your reply.
Thank you.
KitchenAid® Social Care

3:15 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

KitchenAid - kitchen aid classic nylon slotted spoon

I received this spoon as a Christmas present, purchased from Kohl's Dept. Store. I have found it to be dangerous, it is to heavy on the handle end. I have had it flip out of pans when I tried leaving it in after stiring, I have had it flip out of dishes when trying to serve with it, I have had to clean messes from the floor as well as my stove, luckily no one has gotten burned while using it. I think it is definitely a bad design and undoubtedly it was never texted before it was sold to the public.

S
4:19 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I got this item along with other appliances and furniture about $40000 on and stove got on aug repaired in less one year and whirlpool came and change some parts and again I have issue here and there and again sep 27 it got repaired and after 3 weeks they changed the parts now by bad boys and again Nov 1st 2018 stoped completely gone no power i called bad...

V
4:10 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Kitchen AID Refrigerator Complaint 553 Benson Road Mail Drop: 8060 Benton Harbor, MI To the Kitchen Aid Consumer Complaint Division: Very disappointed in my Kitchen Aid Refrigerator purchased in 2011. Always had problems with water leakage. Had it repaired several times (see below). Still have the problem. The company from where I purchased (Bray ...

5:07 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi I am emailing in regards to my kitchen aid mixer beater. The beater has been used a maximum of 5 times with no issues. However after it's last usage and washing it, it became extremely tarnished and the protective silver coating came off. It is no longer usable as with the protective coating off it leaves a residue on my hands and I now cannot use it...

G
1:17 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have had 5 service calls to our house regarding the ice maker not producing one cube of ice. Also, the ref. is not cooling past 50 degrees. This problem has been going on for the last three months. The service tech has replaced every component related to these problems. Some components twice! I am asking (Nicely) to have this refrigerator replaced. It i...

6:09 pm EDT

KitchenAid - knife set

I have an 11 piece Knife set in a wood block holder. The smallest knife, the paring knife, the blade recently became loose due to the plastic cracking near where the blade is attached. Soon the blade will break off and will be unusable.

The knife has not been abused, but it is the most frequently used. Can the knife be repaired? Is there a warranty on your knives?

Please respond a.s.a.p.

Marge Walker
[protected]@aol.com

7:10 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I purchased this electric oven for my wife on 1/21/2012 from B&B Appliance in Cleveland, Ohio. Paid over $2200.00. The oven has worked until August 2018. Service was called and they diagnosed a relay board was bad. A new one was purchased and installed after waiting 2 weeks. The board did not correct the problem of not completing the preheat cycle. A main...

T
2:23 pm EDT

KitchenAid - dishwasher

I purchased a Kitchen Aid under counter dishwasher( Model #KUDE48FXSS, Serial # F11901477) in January of 2013 and it was delivered and installed on February 18, 2013. Since then I have had to have service twice for the same problem which is that the dishwasher simply will not turn on and just stops working for no reason.
The last time this happened was a year ago in September 2017.

Today, again, I tried to start the dishwasher and nothing.
I bought this appliance from Henry's Electric Inc. in Lee, MA when we built our new kitchen. The cost was 1299.00. I now have spent 500.00 so far in house calls and parts and labor to have it fixed twice. Now I have to spend another 250.00 in a house call parts and labor.

So I now have 2049.00 into this dishwasher and it doesn't work.

I think you appliances are extremely inferior because I had a microwave that
I got rid of after three years because it was too costly to fix. I bought that in 2013 as well and had to purchase a new one in December of 2016. I did not buy Kitchen Aid.

Lawrence Bell
P O Box 865
Stockbridge, MA 01262

email: [protected]@msn.com

8:12 am EDT

KitchenAid - bbq cover

To whom this may concern,

I purchased a KitchenAid BBQ cover in summer of 2017 and not met up to my expectations. It is just over a year old and has several rips due to the vinyl drying out due to the Sun. Many are located where the seam meets. I bought this cover as I liked the look of it and it was fairly expensive which I thought would last over many years. I am now looking at getting another cover however, I wanted to reach out to KitchenAid to see what can be done before hand. The cover costed me roughly $80 taxes in. Again, I had many choices to choose from however, I decided on this cover because I thought a higher price one would exceed my expectations and last for many years as apposed to a cheaper one which perhaps wouldn't. I'm asking KitchenAid to replace my BBQ cover and stand by their products.

D
12:19 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I call back in June due to my fridge not cooling at this time my fridge was under warranty today sept 12/18 my fridge finally got fixed this is unacceptable. Because I waited so long when the technician was taking fridge apart there was mildew everywhere they knew back first visit that this was happening because they replaced ice door due to mildew on it ...

6:30 pm EDT

KitchenAid - artisan stand mixer

I bought the Artisan Stan Mixer at Kohl's for my daughter for Christmas in 2017. There was supposed to be a $60.00 rebate and I sent everything required to them for the rebate Dec. 31, 2017. Never received the rebate and when I called to inquire about it, was told they never received it. Sounds like it was just a scam because according to reviews, neither did anyone else

KitchenAid contacts