Having problems with KitchenAid?

8800 200 2720 (Russia)
+1 800 541 6390 (Countertop Appliances, Kitchenware & Kitchen Tools)
+1 800 422 1230 (Major Appliances and Microwaves)
+61 249 026 500 (Australia)
+32 51 280 906 (Belgium)
+45 43 420 010 (Denmark)
+353 18 474 313 (Ireland)
+852 29 262 300 (Hong Kong)
+63 26 348 587 (Philippines)
+65 65 428 383 (Singapore)
+27 215 550 700 (South Africa)
+82 24 308 852 (South Korea)
+66 225 355 124 (Thailand)
+54 114 932 6154 (Argentina)
553 Benson Road

Industriestrasse 48, 70565 Stuttgart, Germany

Ireland
Fonthill Industrial Park, Fonthill Rd, Yellow Walls, Dublin, Ireland

Italy
Viale G. Borghi, 27, 21025 Comerio (Va)

Russia
ul. Chernyakhovskogo 5, str. 1, 125319, Moscow

Spain
C/Beethoven 15, Ático 3º, 08021 Barcelona – Spain

China
Room 101, No. 3 Building 10,Enzexi  Garden, Linglong Road, Haidian District, Beijing

Hong Kong
Unit 1917-1920, 19/F., Tower 2, Grand Century Place, 193 Prince Edward Road West, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong

India
Plot № 40, Sector 44, Gurgaon - 122002,Haryana

Japan
Yodoyabashi Flex Tower 4th Floor, 3-11, Koraibashi 3-chome, Chuo-ku, Osaka 541-0043

The Philippines
15th Floor, Twenty Four McKinley Bldg, 24th St. corner 7th Ave., Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City

Singapore
71 Ubi Crescent, Excalibur Centre, № 06-02 Singapore 408571

South Korea
15, Seolleung-ro 112-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul

Thailand
Ploymitr Building, 4/F., 81 Soi Pha Suk, Sukhumvit 2, Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok, Thailand, 10110

Complaints & Reviews

Kitchenaid Convection Oven / Microwave Convection Oven Combooven is a lemon

We bought the ovens   ( model #kems308sss and serial # xw3809795) through a local appliance store, bray and scarff.  my son had purchased the same model oven and had many problems with his unit. however, his oven was about 8 years older than the one I was about to purchase. I spoke with the appliance salesperson, aaron carter, (no longer employeed with bray and scarff) who assured me they were having no complaints with the kitchenaid ovens, and if after three occurrences of problems bray and scarff would simply replace the unit.  I purchased the 5 year warranty to be on the safe side. I have learned this is not the case and was misled by the sales person.

In june of this year I attempted to clean my oven.  I had used the cleaning feature in the past with no problem.  this particular time, the oven did not clean and after the cleaning attempt, the oven would not heat.  bray and scarff repair people diagnosed the problem.  it took a month from the first service call to get the part and have the oven repaired.in november of this year, my microwave quit working.  again, it took over a month to get it repaired.  two days after the microwave was repaired, I attempted to clean the lower oven using the self cleaning feature.  the oven quit just as it had in june.  it will not heat.  I have no faith that I will have a working oven in less than a month, and I fear I will never be able to use the self cleaning feature.  this is a problem since it clearly states in the appliance manual that oven cleaners should not be used.  regardless, the self cleaning feature should operate properly.

I called kitchenaid and was told they could not help me.  it is up to bray and scarff.  obviously, bray and scarff is not having success in repairing this oven. no one will take responsibility for this flawed oven.  there is something very wrong when a $3000. + oven ceases to be reliable after only 2 1/2 years.  either the people sent to repair the oven are not qualified to do the work properly, or the oven is a lemon. the oven should be repaired or if it cannot be repaired, bray and scarff should be willing to negotiate with kitchenaid and have the oven replaced.

Bray and scarff is located in virginia and maryland. they should be reporting these problems to kitchenaid.

KitchenAid kitchen aid blender part

Harry,

I received your email today, we are not KitchenAid, we are just a service center that fixes their machines. Depending on how often you use your blender and what you use it for it may fail more frequently.

Usually the drive coupling last 5+ years for most people, other customers have to replace theirs once a year or more.

Most likely if it is damaged within 3-4 months there is going to be something wrong with how you are operating the blender or the way you are using it.

Always make sure there is liquid in the blender jar, when you first start blending use the “Pulse” button on your blender for a couple seconds, it helps to slowly break up ice or frozen fruit and doesn’t put as much stress on your drive coupling.

Also you want to store the blender in a cool dry place. Storing it next to a heat source, like an oven can cause the drive coupling to become soft, which will make it strip faster than it should.

I hope this is helpful, if you want to file a complaint, you would need to go through KitchenAid directly though.

Have a Wonderful Day!

Subject: COMPLAINT
    - Show quoted text -

Forward

[Available] Harry Dill to CustomerService

show details 10:36 AM (2 hours ago)

Dear Colleen;

I talked to a representive at Kitches Aid on the phone and wanted to file a complaint with them, but they told me that they had nothing to do with making the parts for the blender. I told them that they had referred me to your company when I first called them for the part. They won't even let me file a complaint and said they don't even manufactor the part someone else does. Could tell me who? I am sorry to say that I am just left out in the cold I guess, and don't know what to do about getting another good part for it.

I thank you for telling me about the care and operation of the blender and I have been doing that already. I only have to use it once of twice a week as I have difficulty swallowing and need to liquidfy food with it.

Have a good day, and God Bless you and yours. Have a Nice and Happy New Year!!
    Harry Dill

- Show quoted text -

Forward

Customer Service to me

show details 11:21 AM (2 hours ago)

Well KitchenAid is owned by Whirlpool, but I’m not sure who actually manufactures the product or where. I know we order all of our KitchenAid products and parts from Whirlpool, but that is the same company as KitchenAid.

They still manufacture the part, but they do not use it in their new blenders. They now use a drive coupling that is steel reinforced, but it doesn’t fit onto the old style blenders, like you have.

I’m not sure what you should do if KitchenAid wont take a complaint from you, all of the drive couplings are going to be the same though, they are identical to the one that would have originally been on your blender.

Have a Wonderful Day!

Colleen Jerman

[protected] Ext 1

[protected]@mendingshed.com

Hours: 7:30 am- 4:30 MST M-F

KitchenAid all my kitchenaid products keep on breaking

When we bought our house 6 years ago we upgrade the kitchen applicances to Kitchenaid through the home builder. Big mistake because each and every kitchen appliciance (stove, oven, dishwasher & microwave) we bought has broken down. We have spent so much money on the repairs and today I called Kitchenaid and was told that they would make a record in our file but their final answer (exact words) was they can't help us. Basically they will continue to make horrible products that breakdown as soon as the warranty is over, fun how that works.

• Updated by Wp2008 · Oct 17, 2011

Hi my name is Jordan and I am a representative of KitchenAid. I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your appliances. If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via e-mail at KitchenAid.[protected]@KitchenAid.com please include your user name, the site we contacted you on and your complete contact information.

KitchenAid mixer

I bought a kitchenaid mixer from Kohls, $350, and it's leaking oil. I called Kitchenaid in Canada and of course it's out of warranty and was told by the rep if I sent it back along with a check for $50 they would look at it. It weighs a ton and by the time I paid all the fees plus shipping and handling I should just go out and buy another mixer. Who in their right mind would pay $350 for a mixer anyway. I thought the warrantee was lifetime. Big mistake. I'll never pay that kind of money again nor buy anything else from Kitchenaid . I'm so disappointed and furthermore I saved for a great deal of months just to buy one of these so called fabulous machines. Grrr !!! Not happy.

• Bo
            Bob Garret Oct 10, 2011

Kitchen Aids are expensive and I've had people communicate their problems with the product as well.

Kitchen Aid Cookie Panhassle free replacement warranty does not exist

Anyone buy a Kitchen Aid Cookie Pan and they claim Hassle Free Replacement Warranty? I bought this at Target recently and when baking in the oven below their recommended temperatures, the pan warps. I contacted customer service at kitchen aid and i mentioned their hassle free warranty and she asked me if i had the receipt which i threw away and so i mentioned what's the hassle free warranty for? she told me that i had to send in the defective unit; it costs about $8 to ship with signature when i bought this pan for $8.99 at Target. What a joke! anyone else had a similar experience? i told the lady that i will throw away this junk and never buy kitchen aid again.

KitchenAid — identity theft

KitchenAid transacted an unauthorized charge against my debit card on or about September 9, 2011. When I...

KitchenAid electric oven

Like thousands other people my kitchenaid superba oven (Kebs177dbl7, serno: xj3101002) refused to heat up after I used self cleaning feature for the first time since i've bought a house with it. Of course it was the infamous blown thermostat. I contacted the ka customer service providing links to other complains about the same issue and asking just for a new part. They said that even though I am 'a valuable customer' they can't help me since the oven is out of warranty. Fine, I asked to redirect me to a supervisor and finally she called me. I told her, that everybody knows about this problem but ka and that should be a recall. She kept repeating 'your oven is out of warranty and we can't help you'. I said fine, i'll join the army of unhappy customers in the internet and will just spread the word about how badly ka design their products. She said again that she can't help me. Oh, well, apparently ka doesn't care.

I am going to buy the part off the amazon ($34) and install it myself, not a big deal, but this is definitely the last product of kitchenaid in my household. I'll never buy anything else from them and will continue to tell everybody about my experience with ka.

Kitchenaid Builtin Refrigeratorbad refrigerator and bad customer service

Kitchenaid buyer beware!!! This is long, but if you are considering kitchenaid, you should read!!

We moved into our newly constructed home in april of 2009. We purchased all kitchenaid appliances for the kitchen. The built-in refrigerator is a kbr036ftx and cost $5, 000 in addition to the $2, 000 worth of custom cabinetry it sits in. The horrors start when you call the kitchenaid “experience center” …

On june 15, 2011 (2 months out of warranty) it started to “warm up” … neither the fridge nor freezer could maintain the correct temperature. I immediately called kitchenaid and they sent a repairman the next day.

June 16 – (Day 2) he turns it off and on and said that sometimes that fixes things. It didn’t so he ordered a “dryer” and “access valve”. The parts took 7 days to arrive. He was not aware kitchenaid would expedite and kitchenaid did not offer it! (First clue ka does not put customer first)

June 23 – (Day 8) parts are replaced but nothing changes freezer was 21 and fridge was 45 degrees. I called kitchenaid, repairman can’t arrive until the following monday.

June 27 – (Day 12) repairman shows up at 4pm and on the phone with kitchenaid decides it needs a new compressor.

July 1 – (Day 16) 4 hours to install new compressor, new tubing and compressor didn’t “match up” so repairman had to “modify” all connections. Three hours later the fridge had warmed up dramatically … I called kitchenaid and they said that was normal, give it 24 hours. I asked for a supervisor and was told “supervisors are not available to customers”. (Second clue) he said they prefer same repairman finish the job (Third clue that customer comes last).

July 2 – (Day 17) fridge is 71 and freezer is 73, was partially usable before but now completely unusable. Company arrives for 8 days.

July 5 – (Day 20) told kitchenaid we would give the repairman one more chance and to get him out here.

July 6 – (Day 21) repairman arrives and now it is the inverter. I said “isn’t that quite the coincidence”? And he said that since the compressor is working great now, it was probably too much for the inverter. What? Part is not under warranty so I have to pay for it. They won’t even pay to expedite shipping. They clearly have no interest in helping me get this resolved quickly.

July 8 – (Day 23) I hired a new repairman. After time on the phone with kitchenaid, they determine it is the compressor (Again!) … inverter is fine, there was no need to order that but kitchenaid tells me it is non refundable and non returnable! Kitchenaid offers me $100.00 to buy a “dorm” fridge. Asked for a supervisor again and was put on hold for over 45 minutes and had to give up.

July 12 – (Day 27) third new compressor arrives, new repairman changes out and fridge starts to cool, but by next day is back to 70.

July 13 – (Day 28) new repair company is taking charge and will contact his representative since kitchenaid is doing nothing for me when I call.

July 18 – (Day 33) new repair company is trying to get it exchanged, they feel the entire system is contaminated. Kitchenaid says no way, it’s still repairable and they want the original incompetent, unreachable, part time repairman to complete the job. I called kitchenaid and demanded an exchange and that they work with the new repair company. I also asked again for a supervisor and was told someone would call me back in two business days! I gave two phone numbers so I wouldn’t miss the momentous call.

July 20 – (Day 35) super only called one of my numbers and left a voicemail. I called her back and left a voicemail. (Sigh …)

July 21 – (Day 36) still no word from supervisor, but new repair company has “made a deal” with kitchenaid and will be “allowed” to do my repair. Parts will arrive july 25th or 26th and repairs will be scheduled at that time.

I’m sure there is more drama to come, but wanted to get this posted so that no other potential buyers would buy kitchenaid unawares and unadvised.

Kitchenaid Refrigeratorassurant solutions

Exactly 2 years ago we completely remodeled our kitchen and purchased over $10, 000.00 in KitchenAid appliances. Our French door refrigerator never sat right. It always looked like it was falling into the wall. My husband tried to level it and was frustrated that there was no way to level this fridge from front to back. He went on line and called customer service and was told there was no way to level this fridge. Upon moving the fridge out we also noticed that there was a bolt on the left side of the bottom of the fridge that was sticking out and gauging our hardwood floor when moved. On several occasions when I had KitchenAid repairman out to my home I would mention the leveling issue on the fridge and kept getting the same answer. One service company told us that you had to put shims in to level it. I have never heard of putting shims in a fridge to level it. We called KitchenAid and told them our situation and that the fridge was also at this point making a lot of noise. This was a few months ago. We did opt to extend our KitchenAid warranty through what I originally thought was KitchenAid directly but it is a third party company called Assurant. We were frustrated that we were stuck with a less than 2 year old $2, 500 refrigerator, that we had to put cardboard in for shims to try and make it level and were now making a lot of buzzing noises. I called the warranty company and they told me they don't come out for noises. Next I called KitchenAid directly and they advised us to call the warranty company back and ask for a second opinion company. While we were on the phone with KitchenAid my husband realized that the noise was coming from the under belly of the fridge. It was vibrating on our floor. After calling Assurant they scheduled an appointment with a service company who never showed after we waited from 8 am - 5 pm on a Saturday for them. I called the warranty company back not to happy but they scheduled Quaker City repair service to come out. They actually had been the company assigned to us by KitchenAid under the first year manufacturer warranty period. I was not very impressed with them from the get go. The repairman came, and looked at my fridge. After looking at it, I asked him what he thought and he refused to tell me anything. He said I would have to wait for a call for his report. He wanted to consult with someone else. I persistently tried to get some information out of him. I have never had a repairman not tell me what the problem was with an appliance for a service call. This only confirmed my poor impression with this company. After one week of waiting to hear from them I called the warranty company who lied and told me they had no report from the service company. The only thing he told me was that the noise it was making could not be addressed until somethings breaks and he told me to put a shim under the part that was making the noise underneath. What professional repair people. I called the service company and they read me the report and confirmed that the warranty company had a copy of the report. The service representative did read me a copy of the report which stated "Base of the unit is bent and preventing left right wheel to be on floor causing unit to be unbalanced." They told me that it was not able to be fixed. Assurant the warranty company will not fix the fridge or even address the issue because they are saying that the fridge was like this from the get go and KitchenAid says that it is out of the original 1 year warranty and will not fix it. We have spent countless hours on the phone with KitchenAid and the extended warranty company that KitchenAid uses and have gone round in circles. Neither will take responsibility for it. So right now we have a pretty new fridge that has shims under the back to try to level it and shims under the belly pan area to keep it from making loud annoying constant buzzing noises. Which is still does constantly. I am ready to kick it to the curb. We are totally frustrated. Every time we call we have to go through the same story and you would think that after 10 or more phone calls it would be on file. Somehow KitchenAid and the warranty company can't find our information each time. We are probably posting this on this website in vain but I am on a mission to post this information everywhere until someone listens and does something about my defective refrigerator. We are very unhappy with the lack of professionalism from KitchenAid's customer service, the repair companies that they use and the extended warranty company that KitchenAid offers.

• Updated by Wp2008 · Feb 09, 2014

Hello gmy4. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of Whirlpool. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your refrigerator. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (Customer Services Scoreboard), your user ID name (gmy4), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and ticket number (142928) to Whirlpool.[protected]@whirlpool.com . Please be sure to include all of the information so we can get back to you in a timely manner. Sincerely, Melanie

• Ju
                    Judy Trenhaile Aug 12, 2011

I have a refrigerator (KitchenAid) that has a crack in the inside wall on the right as you face the fridge. It looks to me like the insulation is settelting down on that side and has made the wall crack. Has anyone ever heard of this? It happened when the refrigerator was about 5- 6 months old. I couldn't believe it. I am not happy with putting a skin piece over the crack, as I don't believe this will remedy the problem and I bought a new fridge so I didn't want cracks in it. [protected]@myclearwave.net

• Am
                    amvanpelt Dec 27, 2013

I am also on a mission to post this information everywhere until someone listens and does something about my defective refrigerator. I am very unhappy with the lack of professionalism from KitchenAid's customer service. In April, I unfortunately spent $9, 000.00 on kitchenaid/ whirlpool appliances. Since then, I have had problems with the refrigerator. 3 service calls! Now it is Christmas Eve and the refrigerator is not cooling. I am having 22 people to dinner on Christmas. The repair man came and told me that it needs a new compressor. To make matters worse...it needs to be ordered. A 6 month old refrigerator should not need a new compressor! Obviously it is a lemon. Called Customer Service. Apparently Kitchenaid has no customer service. I requested a new refrigerator because I do not want to keep fixing a defective product. What happens when the warranty runs out? Spoke to a CSR and her supervisor. Just kept reciting the script. Under my warranty...the compressor is a replaceable part so I can not get a new refrigerator. I know that the CEO Jeff Fettic wouldn't want the repaired defective refrigerator either! So then I asked Kitchenaid to find a compressor and install it so I can host the XMAS dinner. I was told that is not possible. Best they could do was overnight it and since tomorrow is Christmas the part would not be shipped until Thursday. Kitchenaid is not only ruining my Christmas dinner. But it sounds like I won't have a working refrigerator for a while. Not even sure if they really are having the part overnighted. Bottom line...Kitchenaid does not care about a customer once you buy their products. No effort on their part, no matter what the circumstances! I am up the creek regarding my Christmas Dinner and they don't care. Additionally, Kitchenaid probably doesn't want to replace the refrigerator because they will get more money for all the parts the defective unit will need in the future. Or maybe I will buy an extended warranty! Do not buy Kitchenaid. It is Dec 27 and still no compressor. Supposedly if the compressor comes in... it will be installed Monday. Kitchenaid refuses to replace the refrigerator. It is not what they do! Any suggestions on how to get KitchenAid to replace the lemon?

• Ha
                    Halunen_Law Apr 11, 2014

The class action law firm Halunen & Associates is investigating Kitchen Aid Refrigerators for possible design flaws. If you have experienced such problems, please contact us at: http://consumer.halunenlaw.com/contact-us/ or call [protected]. [Advertising Material].

KitchenAid dishwasher not working

We purchased Kitchen Aid Dishwasher from abt.com and after 6 months it stopped working.
                  After our call to KitchenAid, they send a support person from A&E and the first guy came and he did something to make it work once and it did not work after that. After the 2nd call to KithcenAid they resend some other technician from A&E and this guy opened the control panel and tested something and said that there is something wrong with some control panel and he ordered parts and one of the parts are in back order for few weeks. This is so frustrating that we are unable to use the dishwasher for 1 month now...

The model no from inside the dishwasher is KUDS30IXSS0 and model no I purchased from abt shows KUDS30IVSS.

• SearsCare Jun 15, 2011

Dear LNA:
                      I came across your post and I wanted to reach out and offer our assistance in getting this unfortunate situation resolved. We’re very sorry to hear about the service you have received from our team and we apologize for the frustration this has caused you.
                      My name is Susan and I am part of the A&E Solutions team. We understand your frustration and do want to see how we can be of assistance to you. At your convenience please contact our office at [protected]@aefactoryservice.com so we can further discuss your concerns. In the email please provide us with a contact number and the phone number the (dishwasher) is listed under and we will contact you directly. In addition please include your screen name (LNA) in your email for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.
                      A&E Solutions Team
                      A&E Cares

KitchenAid esspresso machine

So, having purchased a top of the range Esspresso machine from Kitchen Aid, two months out of warrany, I am sat in my Kitchen, and thank god I was, when said machine started to smoke and burst into flames. This is not good, I thought, and contacted Kitchen Aid who promptly arranged for collection to 'service' the machine, with a normal 10 day window. Five Months later, having been informed that the machine was behond repair, having chased several times to be told 'awaiting parts from the US', I finally get the New machine.

This morning I plugged it in, added the water and sat back waiting for magic... Nothing. Lots of noise, whirring, clicking, spluttering, but... No water. It would appear that the during the manufacturing, some idiot must have forgotton to connect the hoses to the pumps. At least that is my assumption without opening the damed thing up.

So. Kitchen Aid. This has cost you:
                    - One new order for a mixer
                    - One new order for a grinder
                    - One new order for an ice cream machine

And... Money, as I fully intend to make sure that you pay for my waisted time.

This is the first ever time I have posted to such a BBS, and this only goes to show just how miffed I am with your rubbish products and services.

KitchenAid — refrigerator

We spent over $11 thousand to buy our appliance package when we built our home in August of 2000. We take...

Kitchenaid Kusc35fxss Dishwasherunequal pricing nationwide

Kitchenaid is one of only a few major appliance manufacturer's left in the US - most appliances are made in China, Japan, or Korea, and some in Europe. I wanted to keep my business in America and show some patriotism with this major purchase, so I selected to buy a Kitchenaid, made in the good ole' US of A - in Ohio. When shopping online for it, I noticed that the east coast dealers were offering the model I wanted for $717 including free shipping and no sales tax, delivered to my door in California. But they couldn't sell to me because they said "Kitchenaid has a manufacturer's restriction on selling more than 150 miles from our store, and they are the only manufacturer that does this. I can sell you any other model and ship it to you - just not a Kitchenaid." I went on their website, and their website actually says this 150 mile limit when you try to look up dealers that carry their product - so the dealer told me correctly. When I contacted all of their dealers in California, the best price I could find was $953 delivered, including sales tax, for the same model. The CA dealer confirmed for me that Kitchenaid charges higher prices in some parts of the country than others for the same models, and prevents transfer across dealers of equipment with this 150 mile restriction, to enforce those price differentials. I contacted Kitchenaid about it, they said "we don't have anything to do with dealer pricing, and we don't care if they sell out of their areas." I told them of what was on their website saying the opposite, but they said "if you are dissatisfied with our answer, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau". I did that, but the BBB can't process the complaint when it concerns merely pricing. So, basically, Kitchenaid gets away with it. This is so very wrong on every level. This American company is actually scaring away Americans who want to patriotically buy from our own countrymen, and they put obstacles in our way from doing so, and basically tell us they don't care about our concerns when we notify them. This is very bad behavior and policy by Kitchenaid. If all American companies behave this way, our country is doomed. Kitchenaid deserves to go out of business if this is their customer service attitude.

unequal pricing nationwide

• Updated by Wp2008 · Apr 11, 2011

Hi I am a KitchenAid representative and you can purchase appliances directly from us over the phone. Please contact us at [protected].

Kitchen Aid Gas Cooktopdangerous

Gas stove central burner shoots up a flame 6-inches high! It looks like a Bunsen burner from chemistry class. - And that is on the LOW setting. When used with the outer ring it shoots up 8-inches. We have called to get it fixed but KitchenAid sent the wrong parts. It is now one year later and we STILL do not have a fully functioning cooktop.

dangerous
                        dangerous

Point & Click Appliance Parts/Kitchen Aid Parts — does not honor refund policy/poor business practices

I ordered repair parts from this company in October 2010. I eventually received the merchandise, but they...

KitchenAid refrigerator compressor not replaced

I have KitchenAid refrigerator KSRG25FKST17 side by side and it is not quite 5 yrs old. The compressor has started making LOUD clunking/clanging noises for 5-10 seconds whenever the compressor shuts off. I can produce the noise by rocking the compressor on its rubber mounts with my hand. It also sometimes makes wheezing, squeaking noises.

I talked to KitchenAid and they said the compressor is not considered bad as long as the unit is cooling on both sides, which it still is. Warranty on compressor is for 10 years.

Do I have to put up with this for as long the compressor or refrigerator lasts?

KitchenAid blender broke for no reason

I purchase blender about 2 to 3yrs ago. I have all of your small appliance. I am not a person that uses them they are more for show. A couple of week ago I purchase a breakfast drink and I got out the blender to mix it. After it mixed up the drink I picked up the jar to pull out the drink and notice that the black connector that connects the base to the container was all broke up. This is suppose to be a high end item can someone please tell me what I can do. I am so upset at this because its only been used about three times which includes this last time.

KitchenAid poor quality

I purchased a high dollar, stainless steel Kitchenaid dishwasher ($600-800 range) less than a year ago (2010). My wife and I figured Kitchenaid has a good reputation and should have good quality. Well, think again. Two of the four roller wheel brackets on the bottom rack bent out of shape from less than normal use. The wheels now fall off every time the bottom rack is pulled out to load or unload the dishwasher.

Fortunately, the dishwasher is under warranty so a repair guy came out. He told me Kitchenaid makes its own parts and they probably don't want to make good brackets so they can sell more spare parts. As once a mechanical engineer, I reasoned that the brackets were not supporting the load of dishes on the bottom rack under the high temperatures during normal washing cycles. I think I could have easily designed a better part that could last 5 to 10 years without problem. How could Kitchenaid design rollers that last less than a year? All I can figure is that they must make good money on their spare part business at the expense of its loyal customers. As a not so proud owner of Kitchenaid, I now am fearful of what else will happen to the dishwasher when it is no longer under warranty (one year after purchase).

Note, I also bought a pricey Kitchenaid cooktop (over $1000) and already one of the six burner switches had to be replaced. Hasn't Kitchenaid heard of the big three car makers in the US who produced poor products and now they are playing catch-up to Japan's makers? Read "The Machine That Changed The World" by James Womack (from MIT) for that story. I imagine they will write a story about Kitchenaid someday as well.

KitchenAid small appliances

I purchased the three piece pasta roller and due to my own misuse I broke the flat sheet pasta roller. I tried to purchase only this piece and was told I had to buy all three - again. How ridiculous! The Customer "un-Service" department was no help at all. I wrote letter to both Kitchen Aid in Canada and the US over 2 months ago and have not even had the courtesy of any kind of response. The reason I couldn't buy only the flat roller - it was against company policy. That's a bit lame in my opinion.

• Ca
                                    Catherine Apr 03, 2011

I received a Kitchen Aid 14 cup coffee maker as a gift. It makes coffee just fine but only 10 cups at a time. If you try to make more, the grounds overflow into the pot. What a mess! I tried using the permanent filter. I tried using paper filers. Then I tried using both together. The results were the same. This machine should never have passed inspection - if in fact it really did. It is a big waste of money. It has gone to the dump. Don't buy this.

• I own only Kitchen Aid appliances and should really have been appointed their 'Good Will Ambassador'! My hunter green blender's rubber, (star shaped) coupler burnt out even though I rarely crush ice. I spent $11.00 for a new part & $30.00 for labour to have it removed and replaced. It lasted for less than a year. In between; I bought my mother a pink blender for Valentine's Day and, you guessed it; after less than a year, the rubber coupler broke. She didn't tell me in time to activate the warranty & was embarrassed, as it was a gift., as was I. I had hers replaced as well This time, I did the labour; but it was very, very strenuous and difficult.. Well, here is the kicker; neither one of us has a blender to date; as the parts are all once again defective & non-functioning.. I am so disillusioned, that by now, Kitchen Aid has not redesigned and improved this obvious inferior rubber part with metal. Shame on you K..A..! You have had several years to improve your product; yet chose not to. Simply stopped caring, have we? I haven't, as I am out at least $425.00. I just feel so duped . E-mail me please, so that you might redeem yourselves as a brand; and I might submit my personal contact information for complimentary blenders and/or refunds. Tthank you in advance. Regards, Liberty.

KitchenAid — scam

We purchased a Kitchenaid dishwasher and it was installed in July '08. The rack tines were never well...