Complaints & Reviews

Helpline number never works and rude responses from anyone who happens to attend a call at Kenstar!

I had purchased a Kenstar washing machine in June 2006 installed in my house in Chennai. The first machine installed itself did not work and with lot of difficulty I managed to get it replaced. I had faced problems quite a few times and since I had the mobile number of one of the service technicians I managed to get it fixed each time. Now that person has left the company and I was given a Helpline number 3021066 to contact. Whenever i call that number, they say they don't take complaints of washing machines and ask to call another number [protected] - this number never works! Whoever reads this may try for themselves. I managed to get the mobile number of one of the executives named Mr Balaji - his response is that they will attend only if the complaint is registered through the helpline number - (which never works) and he is rude in his interaction. I am really frustrated with this company and their service in Chennai. I want this complaint to be recorded and action taken immediately. It's shameful that a company of international repute is providing this kind of poor service in India.

• Ab
    ABDUL MUJEEB Sep 04, 2007

My kenstar washing machine timer is not working. Service center not attending my fault.

• Dr
    Dr.P.Devadas Sep 16, 2007

Sir,I have bought a kenstar washing machine Top load , two years back.Since last two months its timer is not working properly.I made complaint to the shope Bagdi brothers,from where I bought it.They are help less.Mechanic comes and says that compny is not giving the parts.
    Please advise me what to do.If a standred co like yurs is like this then how can any one trust on Kenstar.
    waiting for your quick reply and action.
    P.DEvadas.Qr.No.L-5.MP,Housing,lalbag.RAJNANDGAON.(CG)491441.

satish manilal mehta Nov 21, 2007

Yes I also have KENSTAR washing machine and the rubber washer inside the adapter of the water inlet pipe, where the connection is made to its other part fitted to the water ###, got dried and fell. It has been a week since I am trying to get a replacement washer but I am informed that the company is not supplying such washers and it seems that ultimately I might be forced to go into a a big expense of abt Rs.1000/- since the inlet pipe complete with new adapter will have to be replaced. The company has changed the system of this adapter and is no longer supply the old ones as spares. Can anyone in his right senses imagine that for a part to be replaced and costing just Rs.1/- would be forced to go for such trouble and expense.

The company is arrogant and not helping at all!

• Ve
    Venkat7259 May 07, 2008

Inspite of lodging complaint on washing machine on 30th April 2008, which has got problem on closing Flap due to a failure of the springs that is affecting the flap function (not closing) due to a manufacturing defect, service personnel has just seen the machine on 5th may 2008 and till today no one has turnedup.

Unable to even contact the personnel or the service office as no one lifts the phone in the nos. given by the call centre people.

As such if it is not attended within a reasonable time to make it usable, i have no other option except to approach appropriate forum for relief.

All Kenstar users should form a group and pull the manufaturer to the court for relief.

• Th
    Thanveer Oct 17, 2009

Complaint not attended sofar inspite of several reminders

Not working

I have purchased kenstar little air cooler on june 2007. From beginning my cooler is not working , I...

Kenstar Smart Mixer Grinder not working!

My name is Vandana.Recently I bought a Kenstar Smart Mixer in India with American wiring system... as I stay...

Not working from date of purchase

I have purchased Kenstar food processor from a local dealer sub ham electronics, up pal, Hyderabad. From the day one while using some burning smell is coming, i have given several complaints to Kenstar authorized dealer and my complaints no's are HGR07B010060, HGR07C100018, HGR07D19009. In the first occasions Mr.Kiran service engineer visited the house and said that the motor having problem and he replaced the motor. Later at the time of using the same got smell and again i called the Kiran for repair. Mr.Kiran said that i have to speak to Mr.Deekshitulu in this regard. After three times mr.Deekshitulu informed me that if Kiran says it is really a problem with food processor he assured for replacement. The same was brought into the notice of Mr.Joshi of Kenstar but there is no use. I got fed up with the same and I handed over to Subham Electronics where i have purchased. In the presence of the shop owner also the smell being observed. Even though they dont want to replace the same. Can someone suggest me to whom i have to contact.

Regards
VARAPRASAD

mahi Apr 21, 2008

kenstar products are not worth purchasing i got kenstar food processor and microwave at my wedding ... its been 7 months and no body from the service senter has even bothered to give us a demo... wats the use of buying a product when u dont know how to operate it... my kind advice to all ... plzz do not buy products from kenstar..

Very bad customer care

I got Kenstar food processor last year in october and as luck would have it. It did not even function for...

Kenstar is No #1 Bogus company in India!

I have purchase Kenstar Water Purifier in month of August-2006. This Purifier was having problem of water...

Poor quality product!

Purchased Kenstar m/w a higher end product from a reputed indian company. But their services and support is really disgusting. No body knows where to contact for what. My details bought the unit on 19/10/2007 from TMC hyderabad. Was promised for a live demo and cooking of recipe at my place. Requested the same in 12/06 and then 03/07 but no body turned up. Reason given chefs are busy. Moved to mumbai trying for last four months to understand the idiot box functioning but of no use and nobody is listening. Called TMC seems they are also helpless open pathetic services provided by kenstar. Can somebody suggest me what to do. Feel i should gift the same back to Kenstar with all thanks for all inconvenience caused to me.

Constant noise from the refrigerator

Both my wife and myself are retired persons aged over 75. We had purchased a Kenstar refrigerator about less than a year ago and there is a constant noise from the machine. Numerous complaints to the service center is of no avail. Very poor product and service!

Thanks

• Ar
    Arun G Aug 24, 2007

I have the same problem with Kenstar service. My Kenstar 300L refrigerator is not working and my complaint number (BSE130030) has no t evoked a response from Kenstar service even after 14 days AND COUNTING. If you are looking to buy a product with responsive customer service, Kenstar is not for you.

• Pa
    Pawandeep Singh Sep 28, 2007

I bought kenstar refrigerator a year back. Till date it has worked fine no issues. But last month the refrigerator door got broken and i asked at there call center to send some one to fix it. But inspite of repetitive calling no body comes to the home. They will promise to visis but they never come. Service of kenstar is very pathetic or may be they don't provide any service.

this is i am talking about in bangalore.

• Kr
    Krishna Apr 28, 2008

Echoing same concerns, i hve a cooler to get repaired and since 2 weks I have been calling EVERYDAY, to no avail :(
    I have a request number, person to talk to phone numbers everything but whenever i call he just says that he would be without fail by evening, dont know if kenstar is really supporting these type of services, its sometimes makes me think like that

• Ar
    arun May 01, 2008

I brought a kenstar cooler 2 week back. It stopped working in 2 days. from then on i have been calling them. They promise they will come and repair it. But till now after repetitive calls nothing has happened. I have been checking their sites. There is no way to contact their escalation managers.

• Vi
    Vinay Kumar Aug 18, 2008

I agree with the views that after sales service by this company is hopeless. I have a problem with my microwave oven and while recording the complaint, I was told it would be attended in 48 hours. Nobody turned up even after 6 days despite me calling them every day and getting promises that the technician would come today !! Don't buy this company's products if you are looking for good after-sales service. They are pathetic. There are no proper systems to record your complaint. Even phone nos are not updated on their website.

No Service facility at Hyderabad

I am not able to locate the Service Facility at Hyderbad. The the firm M/s Krushi, which first installed M/O was contacted on (040) [protected] said that they have registered the with Complaint No as 1012 on21/06/07. After repeated requests on 23/6/07, 25/06/07 27/06/07 and 0n 28/06/07 for sending the person to repair, they informed that they are not authorized service center and hence they will not send.

I have also tried to call M/s Kenstar local number [protected], [protected], (040)[protected], the phone though rings not body attends to the call.

May somebody tell me how do I reach Kenstar at Hyderbad for servicing of Microwave Oven.

• Pr
    Pramendra Srivastava Jul 18, 2007

I purchased a Microwave from one of the retailer at Delhi and gifted it to a relative in Faizabad- UP. I was told 'Not -to open' the packing as company rep will come and explain it, other wise guarantee may not with stand.

However, despite having called up the shop keeper at South Extension and also the customer care number given by shopkeeper, No one from Company has visited so far.

This is Cheating and makes a case for consumer forum. The company's website never opens.
    If anybody is hearing this voice, let me know whom to contact in Kenstar to get things done,
    Should i open the microwave and start using - no patience any more. I don't care for guarantee from a cheat company.

Regards,
    Pramendra
    0-9818423498

Not working properly

I had procured 1 kenstar refrigerator around 1 year. Within 1 year itself its compressor got changed within 6 month & since then its problem started. By the time 1 year got over it got repaired 4 times. This means if a new item is getting failed 4 times in a year that mean that product has got manufacturing defect. I have written 3-4 mails to company, letter to regional distributor but no use.

Do not buy Kenstar products!

JOYDEEP MUKHERJEE Jul 02, 2007

I purchased the refrigerator one and a half year before now the compressor is gone. The customer service center of VISAKHAPATNAM in demanding 1500 rupees for giving new compressor. But how is it possible because compressor is having four year guarantee. I think it is ridiculous.