Kansas Department of Labor Logo

Kansas Department of Labor

Having problems with Kansas Department of Labor?

Kansas Department of Labor reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 31, 2017. The latest review 9 weeks of ui and fpuc weekly claims are pasted due was posted on Apr 26, 2021. Kansas Department of Labor has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 28 reviews. Kansas Department of Labor has resolved 0 complaints.

Kansas Department of Labor Customer Service Contacts

1800 292 6333 (Unemployment Contact Center)
+1 785 296 5000 (Customer Service)
+1 785 296 0901 (Communications / Media Inquiries)
+1 785 296 4386 (Industrial Safety and Health)
+1 785 296 5042 (Information Technology)
+1 785 368 6285 (New Hire Outreach)
+1 785 296 4000 (Workers Compensation)
+1 785 296 3609 (Unemployment Insurance Asset Recovery)
+1 785 291 6100 (Unemployment Insurance Benefits)
+1 785 296 1800 (Unemployment Insurance Appeals)
+1 913 596 3500 (Unemployment Contact Center, Kansas City)
+1 785 575 1460 (Unemployment Contact Center, Topeka)
+1 316 383 9947 (Unemployment Contact Center, Wichita)
205 S 4th St J
Manhattan, Kansas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Kansas Department of Labor Customer Service. Initial Kansas Department of Labor complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Kansas Department of Labor above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Kansas Department of Labor. Discuss the issues you have had with Kansas Department of Labor and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Kansas Department of Labor Complaints & Reviews

Apr 26, 2021

Kansas Department of Labor — 9 weeks of ui and fpuc weekly claims are pasted due

Hello, My name is Michael VanDeVyvere. I have been trying to log into my account without success. I have...

Kansas Department of LaborNo unemployment payment for 8 weeks

I have a legitimate claim which was filed was in January, 2021... I received my determination letter that states my total benefit amount of $13078.00
I received two checks in January, 2021. Then went onto the ‘new' website and put my information in. I did not receive payment for week ending January 30, 2021. The on February 10, 2021 received payment for January 30, 2021. And according to the website a deposit (payment) for week ending February 6, 2021, was deposited on February 9;2021, but that payment was not received at Bank of America to my debit account. I called Bank of America two times and each time spoke with customer service representatives and their superiors and both said there is no record of a transaction on February 9, 2021 to my debit account. And was told to contact Kansas Dept. of Unemployment, I was not able to reach anyone by phone, so I sent a letter (that was to be signed to receive) with copies of the bank account and my complaint . I paid for a return receipt where someone would sign and have never received a return receipt or acknowledgement . As of today's date April 25, 2021, I have not received 8 weeks of payments.
Now, I cannot access my account to update my password, because the website will not accept my old password, which has been the same for 5 years or longer.
I call the numbers listed but can never get through on the phone.
I live in Mississippi, but worked for a Kansas employer in the state of Kansas and all my benefits were paid to Kansas.
I tried to re-submit a claim, but the website does not have any counties listed for any other states, just Kansas counties.
My email is: [protected]@gmail.com
My telephone # [protected]
My name is Richard Henson
I would greatly appreciate help with this situation as of now, I have not been able to find employment .

Kansas Department of LaborFraud department

Hi I'm on regular ui benefits I got my first check around 12/14/20 and stopped receiving checks on 1/12/21 do to fraud I changed my direct deposit info because my bank was holding check for up to 5 days before releasing money to me so by me doing this it put my account into fraud I have sent a copy of ss card and dl three times I have talked to claim specialist a dozen times they say there's nothing they can do I've got to just sit and wait till the fraud department calls me a couple of the claim specialist sent emails escalating my account to have it reversed nothing has ever been done and I have never spoke with anybody from the fraud department and when I call the claim specialist says there's no way to contact the fraud department and there's nothing they can do there's nobody else I can talk to

Kansas Department of Laborgetkansasbenefits.gov Account Access

I received two weeks of unemployment benefits in February & March of 2020. I need to a reprint of my 1099-G form for my taxes because it was sent to the wrong address. I am locked out of my account and cannot access the Reprint option. I have reset my password but I am still locked out. My account is should be connected to my email address, [protected]@gmail.com. I have called every available phone number on the KDOL website at least 50 times, and every single time I receive the message that all call center representatives are busy and the waitlist is full and then it hangs up.

getkansasbenefits.gov Account Access

chlsfrnch Apr 20, 2021

I’m having the same exact issue, and am getting so frustrated. Literally just need my 1099 form, so I can finish my taxes. My login in for the new site is doing the SAME exact thing as well. Saying I’m unable to log in, even though I’ve been through the verification process. Literally don’t know what else to do as I sit and try to call any available number every day, and still have yet to get through to anybody.

• Sy
          sydneyluter Apr 20, 2021

@chlsfrnch I eventually got through, but it took constant calling for weeks straight. Apparently it’s auto dialers causing the problem. Just keep trying. Also, the log in issue is because their authentication system is messed up so it thinks that you failed to authenticate and you need to contact Lexis Nexis to access your account. Hope this helps (since no one that works for KDOL seems to be responding).

Kansas Department of LaborCan't actually reach anybody at the listed phone numbers

I've been trying to reach anybody at KDOL without success. I try for hours on end every day calling and then having to hang up because "all agents are currently busy with other claimants and the que is full". This system is the worst! I have been trying to reach someone since I lost my job at the beginning of March. I need to speak to someone at the Kansas Department of Labor. I was told to expect an email for next steps for claiming unemployment and should have received that email by 3/24/21. As of today, still no email. Someone needs to get their act together and fix this system. I would rather sit on hold for a couple of hours or be able to leave a call back number when it is my turn to speak to an actual human.

• Sy
            sydneyluter Apr 12, 2021

I am having this exact same issue.

Chelle B Apr 09, 2021

Don't Underestimate the power of ' We the People' and our ability to bring the human back to humanity!! If you want to know the truth about Kdol and what is really going on join this group!! Humanity over politics foundation is working for you to get all your answers! Here's the direct link to the Facebook group page!

Thanks for your time,
            Chelle!

Kansas Department of LaborUnemployment

Was approved for unemployment in January 2021. I'm a Kansas state worker and was out of working hours on November 3rd. March 1st. I have gone back to work. They sent me a letter on how much I was getting. I need paid soon so I can catch up within everything. Call Anna call and no matter what time of day it is their busy and the whole que is full. KDOL needs to be a lot more honest in their business. Fill like I should get a lawyer?

• Bd
              Bdd2361 Mar 24, 2021

I !like into getting a lawyer you can sue the unemployment. Its sovereign. Total [censored]. Not my fault they laid can need meanwhile I haven't received a dime.
              Barbara

Kansas Department of LaborCan't contact anyone via phone, email, or mail. No payment for over five months now

I have been trying to reach the call center since my payment was suspended last October. I have even tried to reach someone by uploaded my concerns in my documents and still nothing. I have went to the extent of calling the Kansas Legislator. No one has sent me any information as to why my payments were suspended or what I need to do in order to get my payments going again. I am unable to download a document that was sent because the link is bad.

Jo Mar 24, 2021

Joanna Gibbons. Been trying for months now to contact qell hours of day with no luck. I need someone to call me
                [protected]

Kansas Department of LaborI need to get paid my regular UI benefits

I am on regular UI benefits and I was approved for the new system on 2-8-21 and then I received an email from KDOL on 2-18-21 telling me that I was officially verified. On 3-6-21, after calling for 2 weeks straight weeks, I was informed by a KDOL operator that back on 3-1-21 the fraud department had accused me of fraud, but he did NOT know why or what exactly was the evidence against me. on 3-9-21, a message appeared on my online that said" "Payment for the week has been temporarily suspended because of a question regarding your eligibility. A determination notice will be sent to you." Well, today is 3-17-21 and I have NOT received any instructions on how to fight those bogus charges. I need someone from the "fraud department" to talk to me. Why do you accuse people when we are innocent and do not give us the right to fight back? [protected]@yahoo.com is my email.

• Bd
                  Bdd2361 Mar 24, 2021

Amen!

Kansas Department of LaborUnemployment conversation

What is going on with unemployment contacts and payments.
                Can not get through on the topeka phone # [protected]) no matter how early, how late or how many times you call. I have a wife and 3 children ages 4, 3 and 1. Checking on getkansasbenefits.gov.
                Shows "payment for the week has been temporarily suspended because of a question regarding your eligibility." I have downloaded the answer to the questions, but no response. Do you realize how frustrating and demoralizing it is to continually run into this "government stone wall"
                Get this corrected... And contact me on this issue at [protected]@yahoo.com.

Unemployment conversation

Kansas Department of LaborUnemployment claim denied

I filed my claim on the week of 1/26/2021 I answered a question wrong and that one was did I refuse work which is wrong I didn't refuse work I just separated from my employer which was cleared on a determination letter I just need to get the wrong answer off my claim for the week of 1/26/2021 and have that yes answer changed to No please I've call the last 3 weeks I can't get through. They said I have to appeal this but I would think they could fix this to keep from taking up court time. Since it's 2 months behind

Kansas Department of LaborUnemployment

I have been laid off from spirit aerosystems since October 14th due to the pandemic, I was receiving unemployment benefits but since the system changes I have yet to receive anything, I have not received anything since January 22nd, I have gone in and created a new account with the new system, filed claims for the last 3 weeks only for the system to automatically suspend my claims due to a question, what question I have no clue, everything I have tried either redirects me to the worthless phone number where nobody can get through, or the website which doesn't give me any of the information or help I need, I have called over 100 times each day with no success, I have no way to pay my bills, rent, or even put food on the table for my family, we need help and not just continually be set aside while we get farther in debt..

Kansas Department of Laboronline and phone

It doesnt make a difference how I answer questions for a weekly claim. It gets put on suspend every time forcing me to call. I spend all day for several days NEVER getting through to anyone. My information has not changed since I began drawing unemployment back in fall of 2020. Why have I not been able to recieve any money since one $4 deposit in January?

Kansas Department of LaborUnemployment Benefits

I am presently furloughed due to C19 and had was receiving benefits. Today I was asked to log in again and when I attempted to do so I was told my password was incorrect. It was the same password I'd been using the whole time. I asked for a reset code but nothing came through. I have never been able to reach the call center and the website gives very little help and what it does say is indecipherable given the jargon being used.
                        I want to know why my password isn't working and why I can NEVER reach the call center even when it first opens. I didn't choose to be furloughed and I'd rather be working but if I can't log on to benefits then I have no money for bills or food

Kansas Department of LaborUnemployment benefits

My name is Rodney Farmer and I live in Lawrence, KS. I have had to miss a substantial amount of work in 2020 due to Covid19. I applied for unemployment benefits and received paperwork not only stating that I qualify, but also the amount I am to receive. Some the claims go back as far as March of 2020. I check the website daily and is still says that the claim has to be processed. Apparently I had owed the state for an overpayment back in 2013 and the state made sure they got what it is that owed before they sent me anything. I am a single Dad who not only have my child's mouth to feed, but also who has bills that are still coming in.

Jan 05, 2021

Kansas Department of Labor — pua benefit direct deposit went missing.

After 6 months of battling with kdol said I was eligible for the pua benefit. They were to send it direct...

Dec 31, 2020

Kansas Department of Labor — Pua benefits

My name is Cynthia butner. I have not received the check in 12 weeks. They remove fraud off my case 2 month...

Kansas Department of LaborUnemployment

I have been calling for days 50 to 60 calls a day and only get a recording. I have tried chat but that is automated and no help. I have know way to request a call back, I need to speak with someone at the office regarding LWAP and why my benefits have apparently stopped. I really believe the system is broken and I really think at this point it's an excuse. Covid 19 is not a new issue and someone needs to figure out a workable solution. Cell number [protected]

Kansas Department of LaborUnemployment claim

I have been struggling to get unemployment compensation all summer. I initially was approved in June 2020. I took a temp job in late July and jAugust which didn't work out, and a 2nd temp job more recently and was fired. I believe I qualify to reinstate my unemployment claim from first application with Walmart in Newton Kansas. I have finally talked with a specialist today. She took the next steps needed to get my benefits. That has to be approved, and again I am waiting 6 to 8 weeks for an answer.
                              I am completely exhausted of funds and resources. I need help now. Is it at all possible to get my account claim processed immediately? I've been doing my best waiting on determinations since original filing. Since June, and August, and recent claim November. Please please contact them to rush my benefit claim. Can you let me know by contacting me asap?

My UID # is 1007101
                              Roberta S Weese xxx-xx-9818
                              Phone [protected]

Kansas Department of LaborLost wages assistance payment

I made a mistake when filing my weekly unemployment claim for the week ending 8/29 because the information I provided was incorrect I wasn't able to collect the $300 LWAP payment for that week. I corrected the mistake after speaking with KSDOL several times they assured me that the mistake was fixed and that my deposit should be in my account soon. Well it's been way longer than soon. I was told by KDOL that the government is responsible for issuing the payments. I was told by the government that the States Labor Dept. is responsible for the payment. Therefore either one is lying or both are lying. It's frustrating and I think the FEMA grant money is being mis-used. I know of several people that haven't even recieved 1 payment. There's corruption somewhere along the line, now that it's going to be December soon and there's no communication to the public from KDOL, which is not very professional.

Nov 04, 2020

Kansas Department of Labor — PUA unemployment claim

I am a self employed individual that has ran a small business for over a year now. My business was doing well...