Menu
Kansas Department of Labor
reviews & complaints

Kansas Department of Labor
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

83 complaints
0 resolved 83 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Kansas Department of Labor. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
D
6:12 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I'm told my representatives there's a code on my account waiting on a form that has been received but only that department can release the code and there's no way to communicate with that team. Meanwhile, my rent all bills are past due!! I need this taken care of immediately! Dora Lewis. [protected]

2:58 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

It is quite ridiculous that we have to sit through a 7 minute disclosure about the new debit card only to be told the hold cue is full every time. There is surely another way to get the disclosure information to claimants. Also it is near impossible to get through on the phone lines we don't appreciate being hung up on after 5 hours of calling

A
5:02 pm EDT

Kansas Department of Labor - KDOL Department of labor unemployment

I file for an Unemployment December 10, 2019 I was denied for no reason I won my appeal over a month ago and they had told me that I will be paid As soon as It get done with processing At the Payment Center, This has been stressful and unacceptable what the KDOL i've done too many Kansas people this is a horrible agency that needs to be overhauled KDOL needs to get their act together

W
7:09 pm EDT

Kansas Department of Labor - lack ofmy unemployment benefitsfraud flad

My name is Wendy Wagner my telephone number is [protected] and I have been waiting on my Kansas unemployment since December 26th they said I have a frog flag still no one there is doing your job it doesn't take this long for you guys to review it I'm a liver transplant patient who has lost her car because of you guys getting ready to lose her home and I just want somebody to take one second and review it I've sit in my ID I had to do everything they've asked me five times I faxed it I've even emailed Kansas unemployment I don't know what else to do I've written letters still they do not care if I'm homeless and I'm tired of getting food from the church when I am owed money I worked hard in Kansas last year and paid in a lot of taxes so I deserve my money.I don't know what else to do one call center representative so helpful in even suggested me going to Wichita I guess to sit outside the steps like they're going to let me in or something I don't know but I need your help badly I would greatly appreciate somebody listening to me for once
[protected]@gmail.com

Desired outcome: get my back pay I'm titled too, soon. like a week soon

R
2:20 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This has been an ongoing issue for my husband and myself since having to file for unemployment. In December 2020 after being unemployed for more than a month I tried several times to contact the KDOL using their phone number and Amelia the online assistant. Every time I call the customer service numbers the que is full and the call is disconnected. When I...

L
11:35 pm EDT

Kansas Department of Labor - Receiving payments

My name is lorena carter, I have not been paid since the last week of december 2020! My account has been "on hold" for fraud for over 5 months! I have emailed, mailed, faxed and even verified my identify with the police department! But somehow my account is still red flagged for fraud. More recently, I have received a letter about my unemployment claim for "this unemployment year" which began about mid june being denied and stating I am no longer eligible for unemployment from mid june on. But still no word about my 5 months of unemployment i'm owed! This is ridiculous!

Desired outcome: Being paid for my 5 months I'm owed

2:21 pm EDT

Kansas Department of Labor - Missing benefits and negligence

Problems started when benefits were extended on 3/14/21. I started work, thankfully, on 3/29/21. I have yet to receive my benefits for the weeks of 3/14 and 3/21 as well as 3 FPEUC payments. Spoke to two reps with zero resolution. One lied and the other filed a form. It's almost 5 months and missing $1806 that could really help get out of the rears.

Kansas Department of Labor - My back payment of claimed weeks

I have been waiting for my back pay of my weekly claims back in jan 16th to march 23rd I am missing 10 weeks of payments . I did my weekly claims with a worker over the phone she told me it will be 2 weeks when I will get my checks for the back payment its been 9 weeks now I been calling every week just to hear the same answer wait alittle longer call back next week . well its going on 9 weeks now I even faxed in my weekly claims to make sure they received it to process it . than some worker leaves me voice mail last week saying all my payments are up to date ! yes my weekly are up to date but my back pay an missing payments from jan to march I havent received yet ! they tell me everything looks good an to wait for my payments but how long I been waiting over 2 months for it now

Desired outcome: get my back payments thats missing

2:21 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Where to start? No one ever answers. No urgency to help. When you do get ahold of someone, they put you on hold and hang up on you. It's sad.

5:44 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi my name is Stacey Ott KDOL pretty much mislead me for a whole year before telling me I could not apply for PUA and I was not eligible for regular unemployment because I missed work due to my brothers near death experience and didn't file a appeal within 16 days of a letter I never received. Mislead me that I could still file a appeal even know I was not...

12:17 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My brother was in ICU for Gangrene very close to death and I was wrongfully fired from my employer In which I should of been covered by FMLA (family medical leave act) and KDOL denied my claim saying "it wasn't a good enough reason. Also never sent me the denial papers stating the reason and said they did disqualifying me from appeal.

G
3:23 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

ive been waiting on unemployment since kansas put new system in. i registeted the day it came on line and all i can do is log in i get server error after log in no mayter what browser i use. ive called and spoke with them over 20 times and get the same story it has been escalted to be fixed so the filed my claim over the phone and back dated the claim week...

3:30 pm EDT

Kansas Department of Labor - Unemployment

I am trying to get my benefits for PUC and was told that the DOL was waiting to receive "reassurance paperwork"--that I do not have a contract or other reassurance of being rehired for an old job. I was told they were mailing forms to me and old employers. The problem is that the GetKansasBenefits.com website still has an old mailing address listed for me and I cannot change it. I have tried multiple times for the last two weeks to go online and "change personal information, " but that page does not work correctly--I cannot get it to let me type over, delete, or in any way alter the old address that shows up. I do not know what they are mailing to that old address, but I'm not receiving it and thus have no way of sending it back! I have been trying to call the contact center, but of course, the queue is still always full! (I also need to speak to someone about adding the out-of-state job that is missing from my current "determination"--I am not able to do this online either.) I need help changing the address, recovering any forms that I am supposed to be filling out but do not have, and adding the job to my list of past employers.

Kansas Department of Labor - The kdol owes me over $11,000 back pay

Dec 2020-present
Pua claimant name: conder, valerie l

Pua claimant ssn: *-*-2482

Pua total quarterly income: $39, 700.00

Pua potential weekly benefit amount: $421.00

Lwap self certified: yes
Non-monetary issues

I have done everything kdol has asked me to do, they messed up with the pua instead of peuc! Resolutions they owe my back pay unemployment of $11, 000 & because of this I lost my house & live in my car & on foodstamps. I am still unemployed due to covid. Please god help me we are in the usa & as an american I should not be treated this way by kansas!

Desired outcome: BACK PAY OF $11,000 & COUNTING.....SO I CAN GET BACK TO THE WAY I WAS LIVING

May 26, 2021 7:10 am EDT

I applied for PUA because KDOL told me to; last Dec. 2020 instead of PEUC and I read Jerry Grasso’s – Head of communication on the internet; and your letter on line as to what is happening with PEUC; most citizens did the same as I did and applied for PUA instead of PEUC. Now I cannot find on www.GetKansasBenefits.gov where to apply for PEUC...I cannot get through to any one on the phone at KDOL or online. I sent a package of my forms and documents to KDOL in Topeka for someone to sign for Thursday, May 14, 2021, so I know they received it. I have not been employed since April 2020 to the present I am still unemployed because of COVID. I haven't received any unemployment compensation since Dec. 2020 and because KDOL owes me monies, I have lost my house and had to sell personal values to survive. Please help me sir...I don't know where to turn since I cannot get ahold of anyone at KDOL. Please, I beg you to help me, the monies KDOL owes me as of today is $11, 000 and counting, I am lost my house and living in my car and on food stamps; I need you help. we are Americans and work hard for a living and should not be treated this way. Thank you for your time and God Bless You!

A
4:14 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hello, My name is Michael VanDeVyvere. I have been trying to log into my account without success. I have spoke with KDL assistance with no help. I am unable to file a claim for UI and FPUC at this time. I have not received my claim payments since March 6, 2021 with no reason except my account has been temporary been suspended. The KDL assistant said my...

I
9:26 pm EDT

Kansas Department of Labor - No unemployment payment for 8 weeks

I have a legitimate claim which was filed was in January, 2021... I received my determination letter that states my total benefit amount of $13078.00
I received two checks in January, 2021. Then went onto the ‘new' website and put my information in. I did not receive payment for week ending January 30, 2021. The on February 10, 2021 received payment for January 30, 2021. And according to the website a deposit (payment) for week ending February 6, 2021, was deposited on February 9;2021, but that payment was not received at Bank of America to my debit account. I called Bank of America two times and each time spoke with customer service representatives and their superiors and both said there is no record of a transaction on February 9, 2021 to my debit account. And was told to contact Kansas Dept. of Unemployment, I was not able to reach anyone by phone, so I sent a letter (that was to be signed to receive) with copies of the bank account and my complaint . I paid for a return receipt where someone would sign and have never received a return receipt or acknowledgement . As of today's date April 25, 2021, I have not received 8 weeks of payments.
Now, I cannot access my account to update my password, because the website will not accept my old password, which has been the same for 5 years or longer.
I call the numbers listed but can never get through on the phone.
I live in Mississippi, but worked for a Kansas employer in the state of Kansas and all my benefits were paid to Kansas.
I tried to re-submit a claim, but the website does not have any counties listed for any other states, just Kansas counties.
My email is: [protected]@gmail.com
My telephone # [protected]
My name is Richard Henson
I would greatly appreciate help with this situation as of now, I have not been able to find employment .

Desired outcome: I would like to receive the money owed me and get my account information updated.

12:44 am EDT

Kansas Department of Labor - Fraud department

Hi I'm on regular ui benefits I got my first check around 12/14/20 and stopped receiving checks on 1/12/21 do to fraud I changed my direct deposit info because my bank was holding check for up to 5 days before releasing money to me so by me doing this it put my account into fraud I have sent a copy of ss card and dl three times I have talked to claim specialist a dozen times they say there's nothing they can do I've got to just sit and wait till the fraud department calls me a couple of the claim specialist sent emails escalating my account to have it reversed nothing has ever been done and I have never spoke with anybody from the fraud department and when I call the claim specialist says there's no way to contact the fraud department and there's nothing they can do there's nobody else I can talk to

Desired outcome: Get the money that is owed to me

12:12 pm EDT

Kansas Department of Labor - Getkansasbenefits.gov account access

I received two weeks of unemployment benefits in February & March of 2020. I need to a reprint of my 1099-G form for my taxes because it was sent to the wrong address. I am locked out of my account and cannot access the Reprint option. I have reset my password but I am still locked out. My account is should be connected to my email address, [protected]@gmail.com. I have called every available phone number on the KDOL website at least 50 times, and every single time I receive the message that all call center representatives are busy and the waitlist is full and then it hangs up.

Desired outcome: A reprint of my 1099-G form sent to 1772 Kircher Drive, St. Charles MO 63303.

View 0 more photos
1 comment
Apr 20, 2021 9:11 am EDT

I’m having the same exact issue, and am getting so frustrated. Literally just need my 1099 form, so I can finish my taxes. My login in for the new site is doing the SAME exact thing as well. Saying I’m unable to log in, even though I’ve been through the verification process. Literally don’t know what else to do as I sit and try to call any available number every day, and still have yet to get through to anybody.

1:15 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Kansas Department of Labor - Can't actually reach anybody at the listed phone numbers

I've been trying to reach anybody at KDOL without success. I try for hours on end every day calling and then having to hang up because "all agents are currently busy with other claimants and the que is full". This system is the worst! I have been trying to reach someone since I lost my job at the beginning of March. I need to speak to someone at the Kansas Department of Labor. I was told to expect an email for next steps for claiming unemployment and should have received that email by 3/24/21. As of today, still no email. Someone needs to get their act together and fix this system. I would rather sit on hold for a couple of hours or be able to leave a call back number when it is my turn to speak to an actual human.

2 comments
Apr 12, 2021 12:12 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I am having this exact same issue.

Apr 09, 2021 3:15 am EDT

Don't Underestimate the power of ' We the People' and our ability to bring the human back to humanity! If you want to know the truth about Kdol and what is really going on join this group! Humanity over politics foundation is working for you to get all your answers! Here's the direct link to the Facebook group page!

Thanks for your time,
Chelle!

K

Kansas Department of Labor - Unemployment

Was approved for unemployment in January 2021. I'm a Kansas state worker and was out of working hours on November 3rd. March 1st. I have gone back to work. They sent me a letter on how much I was getting. I need paid soon so I can catch up within everything. Call Anna call and no matter what time of day it is their busy and the whole que is full. KDOL needs to be a lot more honest in their business. Fill like I should get a lawyer?

Desired outcome: Payment in full

1 comment
Mar 24, 2021 4:33 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I !like into getting a lawyer you can sue the unemployment. Its sovereign. Total [censored]. Not my fault they laid can need meanwhile I haven't received a dime.
Barbara