JustAnswer.combilled and no service

N Review updated:

I needed some advice on a wound my cat received by a raccoon. I needed the information immediately and this seemed like a good option. I asked the question and was asked how much I would pay - I chose 13.00. It directed me immediately to paypal where I paid the amt.In full using my bank acct. Received the receipt and waited. About an hour later I got an email that I had a response. I went to retrieve and it asked me to pay... I contacted customer service and they said I had not paid. Checked paypal and it was received by them - also deducted from my bank acct. I sent them the receipt and went back and forth with about 20 emails. Got no where but the run around. I asked for a phone number - I called, no one answers... So left a message. 2 days later and have gotten nowhere. I am really ticked off - not even just the money - but the principal and the time I have taken on this! Ridiculous... Do not use this company - you will be sorry!

• G
      Aug 04, 2009

I was also billed with no service. Paypal paid them and my bank account was decucted the amount. I called and they could not figure out why I did not recieve a answer... Right!!! I would not use this site. Now I am in the process of getting a refund. Filing a dispute with paypal so we shall see.

• T
      Aug 13, 2009

I've used them many times without any issues. You dont pay unless you get an acceptable answer to your question. You do pay a deposit if you want your answer quickly, but the deposit is refundable if you dont get an answer. Simply email them for a refund. First time I used them I didnt get any answer at all and requested a refund, the refund was given within 72 hours. I've used them several times since and was happy with the service. One thing to note, there are good experts and some not so good, they have an option to "opt" out of expert that is assisting you if you feel that they dont have the knowledge to answer your question, this is a great feature, I've opted out several experts that just didn't have the knowledge in my opionion, then another expert came along and answered my question that resolved my boat issue. Just be sure that you are satisfied with the expert that is helping you, or opt him or her out until a better expert answers your question. I hope this helps.