[Resolved] Justanswerscam and inflexible customer service

R Jul 14, 2019

So far the worst experience I have ever had with a company. I have never posted a bad review in my life. But JustAnswer is that one scamming company that's taken me there. I'm completely disgusted with this company and would advise anyone who reads this to not use.
I had paid $5 to have one question answered, this was an offer on their website. I got answer and was billed $5 immediately. A whole month later, I see new charge on my account, they took $46 out of my account without notifications! I immediately called as I was horrified. I was told that this was a membership fee that was coming with the $5 question I had asked a month prior. What?!? At no point they clearly stated I would also be enrolling in such scam. They're offering you the opportunity to pay for a one time question at $5 but on top of that you're paying a secret membership? it makes no sense! Anyone with a brain who then pay for the membership alone and ask as many questions as they'd like. I spent 20 minutes over the phone with the supervisor who was very determined to hold on my $46 as if her life depended on it. They made me want to vomit. They stole my money and never sent me a heads up either.
Gross company, do not recommend. You will be met with nasty surprises like this one.

• JustAnswer's response · Jul 15, 2019

Hello Romain,

Thank you for letting us know about this. we're sorry to hear about any frustration caused by the membership billing.

It sounds like you accepted a free trial offer to try our membership program. At the end of the trial, the membership bills automatically to avoid disruptions in service. There is messaging on the payment page about the membership billing and the 7-day trial. As well, we send out several E-mails about the membership benefits during the trial week along with a billing reminder 3-days prior to membership billing being processed.

Please reach out to our Customer Care team and we're happy to take another look at your account.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,