JFK Airporttheft

D Review updated:

We dropped our luggage off, where we were told to drop them off by the security. We dropped them off at JFK. We were travelling to Brussels, with a stop at Dublin.

When we arrived at Brussels, after over 9 hours travelling, we got our bags, to find that they had been opened, and things had been stolen.

We bought 2 pairs of Ugg boots, and a pair of Minnetonka boots. They were brand new. We had them for exactly 1 day. We put them in a bag, not a suitcase, but an ordinary travel bag. We had put a lock around the zipper, so that it couldn't be opened.

When we got our bags, the lock was gone, as were our 3 pairs of boots.

They were stolen at JFK airport, and there is no way possible that nobody knew that this was going on.

You can't even trust security. They are willing to look the other way, if you give them some money..

We lost $ 560 worth of boots.

This is just a small thing, but if they are willing to look the other way for this, who knows what else is going on in the "secured area"..

All I know is that my trust in JFK airport and in security, is exactly where my boots are.. GONE !!

• Gs
    GsARt Jan 18, 2012

A padlock of my suitcase was cut off, suitcase was opened and my Samsung camera just has gone. I found out this as soon as arrived to Las Vegas on 14.01.2012. Flight
    DL 1729. The worst airport I have ever visited.

• Ji
    jill morrison 66 Aug 15, 2012

We have just arrived home from a lovely honeymoon from mexico & new york to find 3 t shirts ( superdry ) presents have been removed form our bag ... Its disappointing ...
    jill ( scotland )

• Ba
    baskell Jan 04, 2013

I was in JFK airport when I decided to buy a sandwich from Sandwich Heaven. I saw the little sign that said 7.69. I told the cashier that she charged me extra, and then she rudely told me it was plus tax, which made no sense to me. I took the receipt and then pointed out the mistake.

• Yo
    youknow00 Sep 29, 2015

JFK needs to call a meeting with all their employees ..I asked question, trying to find out where to find a terminal and no one could tell me where to go...they were so busy on their cell phone.. finally i went outside to the parking lot and an atendent give me directions where to go.

• Re
    Regina M. Ernst Aug 15, 2018

Im a citizen, my husband is a resident. I'm standing in this unmoving line with my husband for US residents forever! Why do you only have 2 officers in the US citizens and residents line?! We haven't moved in an hour!

June 24, 2018. JFK is the absolute worst!

• Va
    Vanessa Cunningham Oct 14, 2018

I am complaining to say you have a thief on your hand Don't trust him he can steal . He still my laptop .

• Lu
    Lucas264618 Oct 27, 2018

The Latin attendant is so mean and she isn't willing to help you. She shouted at me for no reason. The service is so shit that I don't even know why you created a welcome center.

• Po
    Pod39 May 11, 2019

Thursday May 2nd the security line at JFK is currently really unacceptable. I was at the AirPort almost 3 houdt before my flight but I still might miss my flight. If JFK can't handel the passengers they should facilitate less flights

• Gb
    GB631 Jun 23, 2019

I live in Huntington NY and have been seeing an increase of airplane traffic over my house. It seems to start on late Friday and continues though out the entire weekend. This is not an isolated incident and it has really gotten to the point where I have to complain. Please divert. Thank you.
    George Boshko.

• Al
    Alessandra Russo Jul 24, 2019

I was awaiting for a cousin coming in from Europe. The flight was delayed by 45 min. That is fine, but his flight was "holding for a gate" for two and a half hours. It was not until 12:20 am, 5 hours from the original landing time, that i was able to greet him at the arrival gate.

Unacceptable!

• Pb
    Pbermudez Aug 17, 2019

They do not service my international flight because the airline change gate???? Even 2 hrs before departure!
    WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A DUTY FREE IF THEY DONT SERVICE A FLIGHT!!!
    It's discrimination!!!

• La
    Lamia Ahmed Aug 24, 2019

August 18, the air train lady agent working in terminal 1 at 8:15 am, was really rude when I asked her if trail was running. Please see if you can take any actions. i expect the customer's service agent to be nice when at least I am not rude and asking for help. The lady was just awfully rude, arrogant and ignorant.

Thanks

• Ir
    Irina12345 Sep 17, 2019

Mrs. Livingstone part of airport security at the check in gate was extremely rude and unprofessional to people working at the gate on 9/10/19. This reflects very poorly at the airport image. People like her probably will benefit from additional professionalism training.