Jetstarlost baggage

I came on the flight 3k402, on 21st january, from Auckland to Singapore and then I made the conexion for the flight 3k543 on the 22nd january, Singapore to Hanoi.

Arriving at Hanoi, I couldn't find my bagage. After filling up a form in Hanoi's Airport, the told me to wait, and I haven't receive any answer until now. I tried to call jetstar office in Vietnam, but even telling It's 24h/7days, the don't answer, and the telephone number in Singapore's is [protected], wich doen't work for skype calls.

I am in a tour, and we are leaving Hanoi today, to go to Hoi An. So I am concerned on how they gonna send me my lugage, and when.

• Te
    techsuptman Jan 25, 2012

Jetstar are notorious for late baggage arrivals as it appears that they do not even load your baggage on longer flights if the forecast in flight weather conditions are unfavourable. This is obviously to compensate for the possible increase in fuel burn.
    They don't care that you are left without your luggage for 24hrs or more standing in the same clothes that you were wearing at the commencement of your journey.

jacqueline marinkovic Jan 17, 2012

I am a mother that was travelling from Sydney to gold coast with five of my children, when jet star allocated our seat on the flight to the gold coast four of my children and my self were seated together in row 3A 3B 3C 3D 3E -they were not requested seating's.
    my youngest child being only six was seated in row 23D Which obviously meant i would have to request a different seat for my son to be seated with the rest of the family.i was then required to pay a additional fee of $16-00 to have his seat changed.

. How ignorant and unthoughtful are you twits, or was it are sure way to get more money out of a passenger?
    To jet star customer service,
    thank you for you rude approach. It is superior well trained to you all.

• El
    ElvaHutadjulu Nov 01, 2011

Hi Yuvita,
    The same thing it happened to me...I still following up to claim my baggage... I reach Jakarta last night from Bangkok, transit in Singapore, using Jetstar...The Airport Soekarno Hatta officer (Lost and Found officer) promise to me that they will contact me and inform me the progress. But, yes, like u told : Very hard for them to answer my phone...since 9 am this morning, I don't know how many times I called them..They finally pick up my phone at 11 am, until i said :Thanks for picking up my call this time...I don't know, same situation with Jetstar, hard to call them also..always the operator answer me that they busy so sorry to late answer my phone...I don't know what to do except calling them everyday.

• Yu
    Yuvita May 16, 2011

Thanks to all those who have helped to find my luggage... They did it, they found my luggage. I already pick it up.
    Thank you all...

• Yu
    Yuvita May 02, 2011

I lost my luggage when I traveled with JetStar on flight JQ115 from Singapore to Jakarta on Sunday, April 24, 2011. My luggage number #JQ871756.
    When I arrived at Jakarta, went to baggage claim, after 40-minutes waiting, I was lost my luggage.
    After that I contacted baggage lost and found at Jakarta arrival terminal, filling a form, promising to follow up about my baggage. Until now, I tried to contact them, they answered "still in process finding". Until when?
    I tried to email, haven't received any information.
    I tried to call, nobody answered the phone.
    Where should I email, call or do something to find out any information about my luggage?
    That was my first time using JetStar, I think I have to think twice to use it again.

• Je
    jetstar sucks!! Sep 07, 2010

I completely agree too!! The same thing happened to me, My flight was from Melbourne to Sydney, bag never arrived when I reached sydney, and jetstar customer service staff said it must be stolen by someone else, what a BS!! They lost your bag and put all the blame to someone else!! That's totally unacceptable. I emailed them my complaint form and after their first reply (only told me they received my complaint), I never receive another response for months. I think they just try to delay the process of compaint, and you will forget about this after few months anyway. Never take Jetstar again, low quality customer service and poor management system. It is a dishonst company (I took so many different airline before, this is the only bad customer service I have ever been experienced, no responsibility at all). Yes, they got cheap price but with cheapest quality customer service!!

• Jh
    jhon love Jun 17, 2010

i am jhon
    hi dear
    jetstar not good dont fly eny mor I also will never fly with Jetstar again, they lost our suitcase on a direct flight from melbourne to bangkok

Maya26 Apr 18, 2010

I agree but at least you got your luggage back! I flew from Melbourne to Hamilton Island in Queensland. I put a case weighing 17 kgs in at the check-in and when I got to my destination it didn't come. This apparently happens often out of Melbourne. They told me they would deliver my bag to my house the next day when it came up from Melbourne. The lovely Jetstar lady did but my case weighed less than 2 kgs! All of my belongings and presents for family were gone, bar an old t-shirt and a few pairs of undies. My bag had obviously been cut as it had a small tear in the bottom corner but all the liing and pockets inside were torn and everything removed. Jetstar in Melbourne told me they usually bag items that have fallen from bags but in my case there are none! I have to ring the manager in Qld as they've palmed it off to him. No contact number for me in Melbourne or any inkling that they might look into what has obviously been a theft. Great that they have thieves working for them and they let them get away with it! I am DISGUSTED!

• La
    Lani Liljeholm Mar 27, 2010

Dear Jetstar,

My husband were satisfied with your service and the friendly staff. We boarded JQ 140 from New Zealand on the way back to Sydney We were given seats no, 28 . I think I accidentally left my prescription sunglasses [ with multifocal lenses] on the seat or in the magazine holder. The brand is Vogue and it is black with little sparkling tiny stones on the sides near the lenses. Can you please help me find them. We inquired from the lost and found section at the airport on the day we arrived 27th of March Saturday We were told to go to different sections and levels and inquired but to no avail. Please help me as I may not be able to buy a new pair of the same kind.
    My name is Lani Liljeholm
    39 Monica Ave.
    Hassall Grove 2761
    NSW, Australia

Thank you very much in advance.

Jo11 Nov 24, 2009

I completely agree. I too lost my luggage on a flight from Sydney to Honolulu. It has now been over a week since I returned from Honolulu and I don't have my luggage. The baggage services representatives were very rude to me (and at the time I was very upset because it was all of my baby's luggage that they had lost - so she had no formula, no clothes, no toys - nothing). I swear I had to tell them 5 times the contents of my luggage and my contact details whilst overseas and they still got it completely wrong. I was also lied to about the status of my luggage. They gave me false hopes and told me they had found it and it was enroute to Hawaii. When it did not arrive and I rang and questioned them they said no they had not found it and that I had been misinformed. To date they still have not located my luggage. I have complained about the baggage services staff and to date no reply or apology. My husband and I run quite a sizeable business and client service is paramount. If we treated our clients like that we would have no clients left.

• Lo
    Lost Luggage Oct 21, 2009

I flew back from Auckland NZ to Sydneyon Sunday 10th October. On arrival at Sydney airport my luggage wasn't on board. Lodged notice of lost luggage and left airport. Next day recieved ph call that they have not located luggage. Thursday morning recieved a phone call from Auckland baggage handlers. Luggage found, will be put on board next flight to Sydney (Air New Zealand) That afternoon rang Jetstar call centre to see if luggage had arrived. NO Idea, checked again Friday still NO idea. Contacted Auckland on Saturday and recieved details of flight, times etc. Informed Jetstar of details. Sunday rang to see if they had found my luggage in Sydney, nodetails even the information I had given them. Monday morning wife arrived back from overseas checked with Quantas, walked out with luggage. Phoned call centre that afternoon to let them know. Thanked me for informing them. Remember call centre is in India. If I hadn't chased for my own property it would still be out there. I have recommended to all my friends that it is not worth flying Jetstar

• Ha
    Hammo Jul 21, 2009

I also will never fly with Jetstar again, they lost our suitcase on a direct flight from Cairns to Narita airport in Japan, Cairns airport couldn't care less, we've been home 6 day's now, & haven't had a phone call.I'am very very disappointed.

• Ro
    Rob Halliburton Dec 28, 2008

Jetstar lost one piece of my luggage on a flight between Sydney and Honolulu. I was travelling further to the US on several other flights. They eventually found the lost luggage and forwarded it to my address in the US two weeks later. Due to jetstar having no affiliation with any US airline, it cost me US$20 to have my luggage delivered. This, and the horrible flight I experienced, have convinced me to never, ever use Jetstar again. They are a disgrace to Australia.