Jetblue Airways / discrimination

1 United States

On August 28, 2018, approximately 11:45 a.m., at Orlando International Airport,  1 Jeff Fuqua Blvd, Orlando, FL 32827, my husband, my son, and my grandson and I was racially profiled and targeted by the check bag person.

My family and I had just completed the check in at the kiosk, then went to check my bag. I was the only one in  my family to check my bag because everyone else in my family had a carry-on.

However, I was told that my son's bag had to be checked in as well. I asked the check bag person why did he have to check his bag in; when we arrived from Baltimore Washington International (BWI), his bag was a carry-on. Nothing has changed as far as the size or weight of his bag.

I was told his bag was too big to be a carry-on, which I knew it was a lie. Therefore, I had to return to the check-in to pay for another check bag fee, $25.00. Then, we returned to check his bag, the check bag person weighed his bag and it only weighed 32 pounds.

After, I arrived home I noticed a note in both of my checked bags stating that both of my bags were searched by TSA. My family and I never gave consent to have our bags searched.

So the discrimination and frustration you caused my family and I was to ultimately to get me to check my second bag so you can search it. This is the main reason I had to check in a bag that when I arrived to Orlando from Baltimore airport was a carry-on because they wanted to search for no apparent reason.

The check bag person thought we were carrying something illegal, I guess that was his reason to want to illegally search my two bags.

Our bags were not found to be carrying anything illegal. If this is your routine practice to stop and search individuals bags for no apparent reason, but, to be profiled, targeted and discriminated against  because of our race, than this is unconstitutional.

My family and I have the right to be free from "unreasonable searches." The Fourth Amendment protects our right to privacy.

The illegal search by the TSA determined that, my bags that led to the lying to have my bags searched were not a valid.

Lastly, I'm requesting a full refund in the amount of $ for mu family and I.

Ca