Jared Galleria Of JewelersCustom ring setting

I got a beautiful promise ring from my then-boyfriend, and I absolutely love it. So when the time came to custom design an engagement ring, Jared's was the first name that popped into our heads, for sentimental reasons and practical. It turns out that the 'craftsmanship' that we loved about Jared's is only for ready-made pieces. We ordered a white gold band and bought four little diamonds, .1. We had the store replace the head of the ring to fit my 1 carat sapphire and put the diamonds in. When I went to pick it up, all the diamonds were crooked. Even after looking at them under the microscope, the sales woman had the nerve to tell me they were fine. I finally called for another sales person who took one look with her naked eye and said, "wow, those are crooked!" So they agreed to fix their defective craftsmanship, and I was to pick it up the next day. I went in to pick it up, and not only was one of the diamonds still extremely crooked, but there was a visible gouge in the gold AND there is no "14K" stamp on the band. I didn't notice if it was there before, but I am assuming not. They had the nerve to tell me that it was a custom job, and no custom ring will ever be perfect. We are still in the process of trying to sort it out, almost two weeks since ordering it. They take no returns on custom work so we may have to take the loss, even though their work is what is at issue. I will never buy another piece of jewelry from there as long as I live! Buyer Beware! I had another jeweler look at it and it is going to cost several hundred dollars to fix it, and they noticed scratches on the prongs as well.

• Nw
    nwte Jun 15, 2016

I have a Tag watch which is still under warranty. I took it into Jared to send onto Tag as the battery needed replacing. They took a copy of the warrenty card to send off with the watch. This is the third watch we have sent to Tag through Jared so are not new to this. None of the previous watched - one for more serious repairs has taken more than 6 weeks to return to us. I took the watch in on Nov 17 and called just before Christmas. I was given the standard company line of if we do not have it back yet it is still with Tag. Ok I bought this as it was still only around the 6 week mark. I called again just after Christmas - same line but I pressed them and they said the watch was definately with Tag - not sure how they confirmed this. We then went in on Jan 6th and was given the same speal - but again made them confirm that the watch was definately with Tag - bearing in mind this is now the 3rd time and no-one has actually contacted Tag on any of these occasions. I called again last week and insisted that someone phone Tag to find out where in the process the watch was. Cathy called whilst I was on the phone and said that Tag had never received the warranty and had sent Jared an estimate that they were waiting on confirmation to continue the work - Jared claim they sent to the warranty and never reecieved the estimate - very hard to beleieve either of these. I was promised a call back with an estimate of when to expect the watch back - no call. We went into the store a few days later and spoke to the assistant manager, who again promised to call me yesterday - you guessed it no call!! They really are unbelievable, the services is shocking and a watch that was sent in on November 17th is still not returned to me on January 25th - needless to say we will be contacting the Jared Head office, I am contacting Tag and if the watch is not back in 7 days I will be taking legal action! Terrible - if you have a problem these are not the company you want to deal with.

• He
    heather9876 Jun 15, 2016

Bought a Levian ring only to find it elsewhere for $1300 cheaper. That's right $1300. Upon going back to the store I was told I could receive a refund of about $250 which was not acceptable so I gave back my ring and was told I would receive a check in about a week and my original ring within two weeks...This wont be happening because now I'm told it would be about 4 weeks for my original ring and my refund now needs to go back on my visa card. ( I did not have that card with me at the time of the return) That would be great except that I have paid off my visa card and now will have to wait an additional 30 days for my visa card to send me a check...It seems everyone I spoke to had different answers..Futher more my Jared account which was charged $581 was credited back but my 12 months interest free payments would of been $70 a month. You do the math..Thats $860.. Never will I set foot in Jared again.

• Ph
    phuong thach Jun 15, 2016

on july 27-2010 i went and purchases a watchbend for the price of 85 and it was final.on the day i went and pick it up they told me is 150. I have the bill of sale for 85dollar no where on the paper work does it state that the watch is for 150dollar. i talk with sale lady and ask why did this happend she told me if i dont like it they can return it. I find that very rude. In the past 3year i have spendCASH over4grand at this store. the sale person number is 547671. I would like for everyone to know that if you were sold the item for that you should be able to go with a peace of mind. I have all my paper from them with the amount that was soldas or for in the amount of 85dollar.

• Bu
    builderbob Jun 15, 2016

I purchased a Tissot watch in August. This watch needed to have time reset every time I wore it, the store explained that this watch needed a movement box to keep watch in motion when not worn. I purchased one at a different store and used when not in use, but the watch continued to have same issue. I returned it and they sent to factory, after three weeks I was told it will need a whole new movement and will take another three weeks. Now this is the most expensive watch I have ever purchased and believe they should replace with a new watch as it was apparently defective from the start. The Manager said they are just middle man with Tissot and could not help me, I told him that if that was the case I would never purchase another item from Jared, he agreed that I would just have to wait and get my watch back from repair. Note all my cheap watches have worked fine for the past ten years, my suggestion stay away from Jared and Tissot.

• La
    LaBresha Mar 03, 2016

21 August 2012 I purchased a setting from Jared store number 0436 in Georgia, the salesman told me I needed to change out the head on the setting cost me $389.99. Found out when I made a resent purchase of another setting at Jared's the changeout was not needed. When I called customer service, James told me, there was nothing they could do because the person no longer worked at that Jared's, when I called, Loretta (manager at Georgia location) she said he was still employed. I informed James, he does not have to still work at the store, just have the manager do an audit, and see if it was a normal practice for that salesman to try to up the total sale by misleading the customer, James said "I have no way to confirm this". I guess that is the best customer service you get at Jared's. Jared's charged me a late charge for February 2016, they received the check on time, but because the bank only put the last four of my account on the check, they mailed the check back to me and charged me a late fee, when I called customer service, Jame said they have no way to identify the account, since multiple people have the same last four account numbers, James refused to reverse the charge. I paid off my account, I know that does not phase Jared' s, I will never do business with Jared's, again, I have purchased over $10, 000.00 from them in the past 5 years. They damaged a perfectly good diamond when they set it in a setting ( has a haze over it), said some times that happens during the process of setting since they use heat.
    9 December 2015 Michelle said she would call me back about my complaint against the Store in Georgia. Still waiting for that call. Like several people said, they treat you like a jewel when you are in the store, but when you leave, you are a nobody. Seems like something should be able to be done about the way Jared's does business.

• Ye
    Yellow Ring Nov 26, 2014

I am completely disgusted with Jared Jewelers. My fiance bought me an engagement ring from them about a year ago. I had to have it custom made since my ring size is too small for what they had available. When I received my ring, the center stone had a yellowish tint compared to all of the other stones surrounding the center stone. I have since then complained about it, have taken it to get cleaned way too often, and even called the corporate office. All they can tell me is that the stone they put in it matches the same characteristics as the one I paid for. All I can do is upgrade it for a stone double the value as the one we paid for. My center stone looks dirty, foggy, and yellow. It is not what I picked out. I'm furious. On top of all of this, the salesperson that attended us managed to secretly sign us up for some insurance that will continue to pay for your ring in case that you lose your job. My fiance is a federal agent, so we were quick to decline that offer when she mentioned this to us at the store. Months later we found out my fiance had been paying for this insurance. I wish someone had warned be about the despicable way that Jared Jewelers treat their "valued customers" I will never go back to this place again!!!

• Fr
    Fred starcher Oct 20, 2014

I bought my wife a bracelet, didn't last 6months and broke. Took in and they repaired it. It broke3 more times. I went to take it back, they said I would have to upgrade to something of greater value. So, I bought a gold diamond bracelet had it less than a year and it broke. Had them repair it, didn't last a week and broke again. Went into the store to return it. They said that I would have to purchase something of equal value. The manager talked to the corporate office and they told him I could buy any pieces in the store to add up to the purchase amount. Went today, that manager wasn't ther, when they called corporate found out if I didn't purchase diamonds I would lose 150.00. I am contacting corporate office myself. Not right! Also bought a diamond ring, had it less than a year. Took in for inspection they found a couple diamonds missing. After 2 weeks I had to contact them on the status. Found out the ring I had bought about 6 months was no longer available. They woul not refund me, I had to purchase different jewelry. Do not recommend thi place to anyone! They are rip offs and customers after they purchase do not come first!

• 2n
    2ngigo Jul 09, 2014

Jared's is supposedly creating a custom ring for me and have been doing so for over 4 months and they can't seem to understand a very simple design or finish one of the two wedding bands. I was ready to pay cash ($4k) but they talked me into an interest free for 12 months loan so I went with it. Turned out, it did have associated fees, which they stated it wouldn't. So far I have $1500 into the project and no sign of jewelry. I know their refund policy but I haven't even received merchandise. How would it apply?

• Sc
    scooby do Apr 14, 2014

i am employed at a jared store in Pittsburgh were i have noticed several sales assos and managers commit fraud when filling entering credit apps in store computer they would increase the monthly income to get more line of credit which only hurts customer. Also i have witnessed sales asso and managers looking thru computer to see other customers line of credit so they can use there line of credit to help the customer in store buy his ring and then hope they bring money in so they can change the charge so the unknow cutomer wont se it on a bill. Also i have witnessed from managemt to sale asso. looking thru computer using other people reward points that they earned on purchases and using themfor there customer.Then when u come in store to use your points you are told there non available or they hurry up and try to takes points from someone else. I have reported to hr several times they do not care since i was never contacted bewarenow im just being harrased and discriminated against was told today i should just leave

• Kk
    KK7235 Jun 01, 2013

Min's the worst...My fiance bought my ring in March and proposed to me in March. I noticed over the next couple of weeks that my "diamond" had cz written on it. I didn't know what this meant so I asked somebody and they told me cubic zirconia. I almost hit the floor in shock. So my fiance calls Jared and they have no idea where my diamond is that he purchased. They wanted to give me 300-500 compensation in Pandora. I said hell no I have pandora I want my ring! Then we went to another jared store I told the manager the whole story she told me #1 your ring now is a 61/2 in size and you ordered a 5 and when jared orders rings and diamonds together they come back together. So the lady let my fiance walk out of the store with the show case (model) band instead of the one he ordered. I have been walking around for 3 months with a fake ring and my fiance is comepletely ripped off. Trying to fix it now but of course they are a bunch off ###s. So I WILL be writing to their attorney and taking this further.

• Nj
    N Jacobs Jan 16, 2013

What I think we should all do is make some money of these; I'm have law firms that I work with all over the United States and if we get enough of us we could generate a Class Action law suit against them. I'd recommend calling either Kristen @ x.[protected] or heather [protected] x.5816

Annette58 Jan 16, 2013

WOW!!! after reading ALL these posts, I realize I am NOT alone and probably NOT going to be Satisfied. THIS is very upsetting...I guess, we got sucked in by their commercials. :( I've been waiting over THREE months for my ring that is less than TWO years old, to be repaired! I've had AND reported SEVERAL times about the white gold turning yellow and I got the SAME replies reported in previous complaints. I had TWO chipped diamonds and a lifted prong..(I work in an OFFICE!!!) I can't recollect hitting my hand on anything hard enough to chip two diamonds AND lift a prong...but I thought I must have. I've made several call to corporate as I was initially told 6 weeks...I've been told THREE times that it was being shipped to the store where I bought it...well, I'm STILL without my ring!! Has anyone reported this to their Attorney Generals office. I'm told I should do that. FYI Jared's is NOT affiliated with the Better Business Bureau...hmmmmm, I wonder why?? AD from New Hampshire

• Nj
    N Jacobs Aug 29, 2012

I've got the best "horrific" story about Jared Jewelers. I had a mens custom wedding ring ordered. Pictures, stone sizing, stone clarity, stone color, gold type and turnaround time were all negotiated at the store with more than one person one being the manager. I was asked to pay an additional $300.00 to insure that I get my ring before my wedding date. I did in fact get the ring but the stones were not what was ordered and it wasn't even polished nicely. Jared Jewelers attemped to scam me with some garbage diamonds which weren't the correct color nor clarity. When I came back from the wedding I gave Jared the ring so that they could correct the situation. Two weeks went by and I was told come pick up the completed ring. I drove another hour to get my ring "again" to find out that they had the incorrect stones and had to re-order. Two more weeks went by, I was told to pick up the ring again. When I arrived I was given the ring, observed the stones under the microscope and realized the same old, incorrect stones were still in place? The new stones that came in were too small this time but yet I was told everything was corrected? Two more weeks have gone by and I still don't have a ring and nobody knows anything at all. I've called customer service and the merchandise department and all they do is contact the same idiots who know nothing about custom jewelry nor do they know how to manage. What a scam!

• Dr
    Dr. Carole Mar 25, 2012

I've been to Jared's in Cincinnati a couple of times, and the sales staff has been friendly. However, when I wanted something that I purchased there repaired, the manager (owner?) became abrupt and abrasive. I love diamonds. I won't buy from them again. - Dr. C

• Pa
    Patrick R Mar 13, 2012

Seems like the stores are staffed with incompetent help. Recently went in for a watch band replacement on a Tag Heuer which I purchased at Jaded. This simple task was bungled in every way possible. No one followed up as promised. Deadlines were missed and phone calls unreturned. Long story made short; I had to wait over a month for the band (sent to Towson, MD from New Jersey) and continuously hound the store for answers. There is no sense of accountability. However, each trip I made to the store to have the band replaced seemed to be an ideal opportunity for some sales clown to try to sell me something else.

Angry in AZ2011 Nov 22, 2011

Jared's credit is a rip off!! My young son was approved about 2 years ago for a credit card from Jareds. He never used it until about 6 months ago. Between the time he received it and the time he used it he had lost his job and suffered some set backs on other accounts he had with another retail store and a bank visa card. He ended up losing both of those accounts. Luckily he found another job and was back on his feet. He went to use his Jareds card for the first time in May 2011 with no problem. He made a few other small purchases over the next 6 months, and always, always paid his bill on time. His balance was never over $500.00 as he was being careful about not getting in over his head. He was working very hard to rebuild his credit and protected this account by never charging a lot and always paying it on time. Well to his horror, he went to purchase a $40.00 Pandora charm for his sister for Christmas yesterday and his card was declined. Not only was it declined but they had closed his account! They told him that they periodically review credit reports and because he had delinquency from those other account (all of which are from over a year ago and none of which were affliated with Jared's) they closed his account even though his account was and always has been in good standing with them. I called to discuss this with them (I'm authorized to discuss his account with them) and was told the same thing. I guess Jared's could care less about their customers. When next month's bill comes (there is $373.00 on the balance) we will send it back to them with a note that they can wipe their ### with it. Had they kept his account open they would have been getting a check like they always did.

• Dr
    Drillnpick Apr 26, 2011

My boyfriend bought me a very expensive LeVian diamond necklace from Jareds to wear for my daughters wedding. I wore it that day, then once or twice again in the next two years. It is a very unusual piece and not something that you would wear everyday. I took it to Las Vegas with me last summer and when I took it out of the bubble wrap bag I had it placed in, it was in pieces! Needless to say, I was totally in shock that it had broken since I had only wore it a total of maybe 3 times! We took it back to Jareds and they only offered to fix it where it had broken apart. We had them do so and we only had it for a few months, never took it out of the bag that Jareds had put it in since we left the store. When I did try and where it to a friends wedding a month ago I went to put it on and it was broke again! I never got to wear it once since the repair that Jareds did! Now Jareds is telling us, once again, that they will repair it. We want a replacement piece being that this piece of jewelry has been so unreliable. They refused, told us they would get in touch with LeVian and get back in touch with us and then never did. When my boyfriend contacted them asking if LeVian was going to allow us to exchange it the manager said "you can forget getting your money back or another piece to replace this one. The necklace had a 30 day guarantee, that's it!" We are talking about a $13, 000.00 piece of crap now because who wants to wear a necklace that is constantly breaking and take the chance of losing it? They are so nice to you when you are in their store to buy something and the minute you come back in with a problem, which is their fault not mine, they treat you like a second class citizen. I will never, ever buy another piece of jewelry from them!!! My boyfriend has bought many items from this store in Houston, Texas on FM 1960. They should roll out the red carpet for him when he enters the store! He alone has kept this store from going under in a terrible economy! Idiots!!!

• Da
    Danastarz Jan 06, 2011

UGGG! Im having problems with Jared too! (the one in Waldorf, MD)My boyfriend bought my ring and diamond band from there. When I took them in to be sized and put together they chipped one of my diamonds! I am so mad. They are ordering a new one but what would they had done if it wasnt something that they could just order. Then I notice a scratch on the inside of the band!

• I0
    I'm just fine Oct 20, 2010

"You get what you pay for", now that is true, but how about asking all the right questions, before you purchase. All retail is the same, from jewelry to furniture. You have to do your homework and expect that services rendered after the fact, is only as good as you give instruction for what you expect the outcome to be. If you want apples, you imply that is what you want, not oranges. You all sound like you care more about someone hearing your views, and less about what injustice, you think you've received. Buy where you will, but this country and all that it's about, comes with no guarantee. Stop crying about things you can't change and get-a-life.

:Intent on living, instead of complaining

• Hm
    HMcD Oct 31, 2009

VERY SIMILAR STORY!
    Please don't buy from Jared's. It all started back in January 2009. I bought a new setting for my engagement ring and I also bought our wedding bands. We were married in February. By April the engagement ring began to turn yellow and by May a diamond had fallen out of the wedding band. I went to the store to complain...thankfully I had purchased the insurance. So they told me that white gold can turn yellow and that they could rhodium dip it (Not sure how it could turn yellow in just three months.) So they dipped the ring and repaired the wedding band. I got both back in about two weeks. Within a week two more diamonds fell out of the wedding band. I decided to e-mail customer service. The customer service person responded that when a ring is sized under a 5, it compromises the setting. She stated that she spoke to them at Jared's in Lake Grove, NY and that they put an order in for a new ring. This ring would be custom ordered in a 4 ½. That was June 23rd. I went to the store to confirm the order. I called them August 23 and stated that I was upset that it was taking so long. The woman looked up my file and then asked if she could call me back. When she did she stated that it could take up to 16 weeks for an overseas order. I have never heard of anything close to 16 weeks for a delivery. Needless to say I was upset. I emailed customer service to ask if this statement was correct and surely it was...special overseas orders could take 16 weeks. Amazingly!
    So the ring comes in, in the beginning of September and I go and pick it up. When I looked over the paperwork I noticed the order date…August 23rd. Wow….the day I called. When I asked the saleswoman if this was correct she said yes. I couldn’t even argue anymore with the salespeople at Jared’s so I took my ring and left. Today is October 30th and as I'm driving to work I notice a diamond has fallen out of the band once again.
    I can't explain my feelings of dissatisfaction and regret. I plan to visit the store tomorrow and ask for a full refund.
    Oh, before I forget, the engagement ring has turned yellow again.
    PLEASE DON'T SHOP AT JARED'S. VERY POOR CRAFTSMANSHIP!

• Ni
    NicoleAmber Oct 09, 2009

I have had the worst experience with Jareds. My husband bought a promise ring for me 4 years ago. He bought the warranty just to be safe. Within a year 2 diamonds fell out. The first time we had to pay for it because they did not record my first 6 month inspection. The second time they replaced it for free because it was covered under their warranty. About 2 months later another diamond fell out. At this point we wanted a new ring or our money back. After many complaints to 3 managers they finally let us exchange the ring for a different setting. Several months down the road, a diamond fell out of this ring. I was furious, 4 diamonds in two rings, what is wrong with their quality? Again, they replaced the diamond free of charge. I have gone back every 6 months for a check up and the past 2 times they have noticed a loose diamond. 2 weeks ago I went in for my 6 month check up and low and behold, another diamond fell out. This time, I did not have my warranty paperwork on me. They pulled up my maiden name and married name and was unable to locate our records. They are not going to replace my diamond because I do not have my paperwork (which was misplaced). Their customer service is terrible. When they say they are going to follow up with you, I never receive a call, I have to call them and stay on top of the situation. PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANYTHING AT JAREDS. THIS IS A TERRIBLE ESTABLISHMENT!!!

• Em
    emhoughton Jun 16, 2009

I am in the same boat as the person writing the original complaint here. My husband has spent $1000's at Jared/Mark's & Morgan/Kay (all the same) and every time I send my stuff in for repair it comes back worse. I'm in the middle of that right now AGAIN. I'm looking online for how to contact management. If you have any pointers I'd love to hear them at [email protected]

• jamesisajeweler Apr 09, 2009

@ "BUZTER" LOL, LOL! you have me crying laughing at your comment! i truly hope Jared's is not doing business in this manner? if so POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS OF JARED'S BE WARNED!

Stay away. Company sells itself as one thing but definately is not what it portrays. Jared is owned by Sterling Inc. they own Jb Robinson and Kaye also. Their MO is to trap potential buyers in the malls. Those who have more money buy at Jared. Jared prides themselves on offering jewelry to a higher brow customer than their ugly cousins. If you think they treat the customers bad, do a little inquiring on their staffs, you'll find they move thier management teams and associates around like a baseball order. Demotes and Promotes strickly based on how much credit they can suck out of you, and sales #'s. Look at your local stores you'll find 4-5 management changes in just the last 5 years. I as a former DM even sat in on a meeting where I was told put the time into your stores, it doesnt matter that little Timmy has a game or Mary has a recital, GET THE SALES. We were also told the recession and homeloss has nothing to do with jewelry sales. Meaning those poor souls never had the money to spend anyways. Jared is happy when they get a $20000 credit approval than a $10000 sale. I guess all I am saying is they dont treat their (family) employees very well, why should a customer expect more? My concience is now clear so make your own decision!!!

• Bu
    buzter Apr 09, 2009

• jamesisajeweler Apr 03, 2009

ATTENTION: HERE'S SOME ADDITIONAL HELP FOR YOU AND I'VE PASTED THE LINK BELOW FOR YOU TO VISIT, THIS ORGANIZATION IS CALLED "THE JEWELER'S VIGILANCE COMMITTEE" AND THEY WILL WORK WITH YOU ON THE PROBLEM YOU'VE HAD WITH THIS SHADY JEWELRY STORE.

VISIT http://www.jvclegal.org/Consumers/index.php

• jamesisajeweler Apr 02, 2009

Hello to you i'm James The Jeweler in Atlanta, Ga and i was reading your complaint here, and let me first say that CUSTOM JEWELRY is a NON-REFUNDABLE line of jewelry due to the fact that CUSTOM JEWELRY is your own design or vision of what you'd like to wear that no one else has. What i don't like is how Jared's treated you when it came down to giving you the ring you thought you'd be paying for, and i will tell you Jared's could've handled your matter MUCH BETTER than they did.

In the future get it in writing that regardless of whether you're getting jewelry CUSTOM DESIGNED or not that any defects of the jewelry you're paying to have made will be repaired IN A TIMELY MANNER at the jeweler's expense not yours, and if any jeweler can't give you that warranty leave their jewelry store. A WARRANTY is an IRON - CLAD way to assure you're not going to be scammed, and you can use this WARRANTY in court if you should have to take a jeweler to court.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me, and you can also visit my jewelry blogs at http://jamesisajeweler.blogspot.com