iTravel2000Service and product

C Nov 17, 2020

Purchased two tickets from ITravel 2000 to travel to the Dominic republic end March 2019. Due to so much going on about COvid at that time we opted not to travel. We purchased insurance for the tickets to ensure we would get our money back in case we could not travel. Upon discussion with the ITravel 2000 representative, we were advised we could not get a full refund but would have to take half in refund of Air Canada and half in a travel voucher. Even though I received an email from Itravel 2000 the travel coupon was only good for one year. I discussed this further with the representative and was advised not to worry as they were extended for two years now, however I never got any email indicating such. I recently contacted them again and was told it was only a year and that I must have misunderstood. Given the Covid situation at this time there is no way I can see being able to travel within the next 4 to 5 months. I saved this money for quite some time to take this trip and now if I don't travel I lose 1899 dollars which is a lot of money for a senior to lose. I was led to believe that my insurance I purchased would cover all my cost if I were to cancel. This did not happen and I had to fight to get the 1899 back which was half of my ticket cost. I want the balance of my money refunded as that was why I purchased insurance in the first place. I should not lose a penny from this purchase and if I cannot get a full refund I should get a travel voucher that has no end date that I can use and that is what I am seeking. Either a full refund or a open voucher for the balance owing. Shame on Itravel 2000 for not explaining to customers that they are not responsible for anything even if you purchase insurance. I would never had purchased had I know I was not going to get my full refund, I am discussed that this company takes advantage of seniors in this way. I expect a positive result.
Regards
Caroline Vokey
reference number see below email

From: Rita Sanduja
Date: March 3, 2020 at 10:08:34 PM NST
Subject: Re: Trip Statement... Trip #: 556317/ bkg # [protected]

your trip is cancelled now.

1899.00 - future travel voucher, travel must be completed by 25th MARCH 2021 with air canada vacations. New trip cannot be rebooked before 19th March 2020.1899.00- will be refunded back to the credit card - may take up to 10 business days to show refund on your card.

118.00 - option flex - non refundable.

Admin fee is waived to rebook your trip. Pls call me once ready to book.

• Cu
    [email protected] Nov 24, 2020

Thank you for providing our office an opportunity to address Ms. Caroline Vokey concerns.
    Ms. Vokey called our office on February 19, 2020 with the intent of booking an upcoming vacation. When Ms. Vokey decided on which vacation package to book our agent then offered travel insurance, as well as, the Air Canada Vacations CAREFLEX plan. The Air Canada Vacations CAREFLEX plan allows clients to change booking, transfer package, and cancel with an in-house travel credit and/or a partial refund. Ms. Vokey was provided this information and made an informed decision to purchase the Air Canada Vacations CAREFLEX plan.
    Please note, we verified that during this call our agent advised Ms. Vokey on several occasions that if they chose to cancel their vacation and use the CAREFLEX policy their voucher would be valid for one (1) year with an expiry date of March 25, 2021.
    Ms. Vokey contacted the agent on March 03, 2020 to cancel the reservation. Air Canada Vacations CAREFLEX plan was applied for Ms. Vokey and her travelling companion and they were provided with 50% monetary refund and 50% future travel voucher. Ms. Vokey was advised again during this call that voucher states travel must be completed by March 25, 2021.
    On November 17, 2020 Ms. Vokey contacted the agent again to discuss expiry timeline of their Air Canada Vacations voucher. Ms. Vokey states she was advised the voucher would be valid for two (2) years. Our agent informed Ms. Vokey that she was never advised of a two (2) year expiration date for the voucher. Our agent offered to contact Air Canada Vacations on behalf of Ms. Vokey’s to inquire if they would allow a six (6) month extension as our agent had seen supplier do this for other passengers due to the current pandemic.
    Air Canada Vacations authorized an extension with the new expiry date of October 02, 2021. Ms. Vokey was sent an updated Client Statement including this information on the same day, November 17, 2020.
    Please feel confident, we value Ms. Vokey’s business and assure you of our very best intentions at all times.