Having problems with iTravel2000?

+1 866 969 3325 (Reservations)
+1 905 238 3399 (Head Office)
5450 Explorer Dr., Suite 400
Fri8:30 AM - 12:00 AM
Sat8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Sun8:30 AM - 8:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

did not cancel my trip after I asked them too

Hi Buchta trip with Hetal ( ex 2138 ) back in January and unfortunately I had to cancel due to my grandfathers death I emailed her the day before to cancel mine and my boyfriends trips and went through everything with my insurance company to get my money back and lo and behold she never ended up canceling my trip I'm not sure if she forgot or what happened. I have been waiting since the March 28, 2013 for a note from either Sunwing or I travel and to this day have not received anything therefore I have not received my money back it is a big hoax do not book with Hetal!!! My insurance company was kind enough to say that we just needed a note stating that we did not show and I told this to hetal and it is been three weeks now and I've not received any note yet and I left her messages through email and voicemail countless times and she has been very unprofessional and has not message to me back. I don't know if she's playing games but i advise all of you never to book with her she's very unprofessional very unorganized and if you have to cancel she will forget so do not book with Hetal if you want a successful trip.

cheap for a reason

I booked with itravel2000 for the first time and will never do it again. I booked a trip to Las Vegas with 3 other woman. I called a travel agent to book our flight.We told him we wanted a 3 day trip with a reliable airline. When we got to the airport we found out our flight was delayed 7 hours. We also had to pay for our luggage which we were unaware of. We bought tickets that night to see a show so we missed it. We didn't end up getting to our hotel in Vegas until 4:00 am which is 7:00 am our time, so our 3 day trip that we paid for turned to a 2. When we called itravel they were very rude and said it is not their problem. I even asked to speak to a manager and they said there manager was not there. It was a horrible experience and I hope no one makes the mistake we did by choosing itravel2000.

booking incorrect room

This is the worse travelagency I ver used. Stay away from them! They guaranteed us room with 2 double beds at time of booking and when we got there we got only 1 bed in a room for 2 women and a child. When we called them they told us to enjoy vacation. We filed official complain with them when we came back and they defended themselfs that they never guaranteed the 2 double beds in a room. 2 women in 1 bed and a child does not seem Canadian Standard...We will never use them again.

scam artists

I booked a trip to Mexico leaving March 15 and specifically to come back March 23 so I can get an extra day ... My flight was changed .. I recieved an email confirmation about the inbound flight and nothing about the outbound flight .. I went to check the flight time in the morning of the day leaving and found out that that flight was changed aswell from 5 pm to 10 am that morning . I called I travel and they told me that it was my resposability to check and yes I understand that so not only did I have to pay 350 to get on the next days flight I also lost a day since they did not let me stay an extra day . I have spoken to various people and all told me that ALL ther managers are ib the middle of important thing asnd could not be pulled away . One of them cofirmed to me that the flight change notification was also send out to the agent I booked with but since she had a day off I never got any call . They kept telling me I missed my flight because I did not check how about the fact that you have to reply to the email and confirm that you recieved the changes and I only replied to on since I only got one.. Buttom line is these people do not want to meet me half way and do anything whatsoever for me .. I travel 2000 is rude, unprefessional and never will I use them again. This is not my first trip and Im very well of how all this works . Do not use them period.

• Bj
    bjordi Oct 01, 2012

Not only that but this guys are such sharks. You get online to book a vacation, you check the price and agree about it because it fits your pocket. Save the search and go home few hours later, the price has gone up more than 25 %. Shame. I heard this bloodsuckers move the price up and down by the clicks of the mouse. Is impossible to find the same price two days in the row. I will never book anything with them. They SUCK !!!

overcharged

Was overcharged by $20 bucks, talked to 5 different people, on hold for over an hour...ALL FOR $20 bucks, after 2 weeks still not rectified, people on the phone just transferred me around like a hot potatoe...for 20 bucks..really. WILL NEVER BOOK WITH THESE PEOPLE AGAIN, it's not the money, it's the principle.

• Cr
    Cris11 Oct 06, 2016

I have been over charged $120 and nothing has been done as of yet. I feel you pain and will never use iTravel2000 for any services in the future. They promise to call back but nothing. I called several times and they say that they are looking into it. Maybe they will but I highly doubt it. It's sad that a company will lose a customer for $20 in your case and $120 in my case. Unbelievable!! Maybe they will redeem themselves today... I don't know. I will update when and if they do.

overcharged and no refund

I booked with ITRAVEL2000, the night before and the price changed (less than half price) and they didn't want to do anything with it, did not refund any thing. Please check some other travel agency's moneyback guarantee if the price go lower: Domestic Flights:
(Example) If you've purchased a Flight at $500 and the base price drops to $250, you can grab that deal and we'll give you $250 Price Drop Protection™ Dollars to spend on future Flight, Hotel, Vacation or Insurance bookings. Your protection per person is unlimited and you can grab a deal up until the time your flight departs.

International Flights:
(Example) If you've purchased a Flight at $500 and the base price drops to $400, you can grab that deal and we'll give you $100 Price Drop Protection™ Dollars to spend on future Flight, Hotel, Vacation or Insurance bookings. Your protection is up to a maximum of $100 per person and you can grab a deal up until the time your flight departs.

Vacation Packages:
(Example) If you've purchased a Vacation at $800 and the total price with taxes per adult drops to $600, you can grab that deal and we'll give you $200 Price Drop Protection™ Dollars to spend on future Flight, Hotel, Vacation or Insurance bookings. Your protection is unlimited. Price Drops on Vacation packages cannot be claimed within 31 days prior to departure.

If ITRAVEL did not refund me for the difference I will not be using their services for any booking in the future

• Og
    OGFoxTrot Mar 08, 2012

if they did not honor their price match guarentee or price drop protection and you printed the price as proof and it is the exact same package-you can contact your bank who will do a chargeback on the merchant for the price difference since it is not as described and false advertising. You do usually require proof in order for your chargeback to be accepted and then they will chargeback the merchant (aka Itravel) for the difference.

PAUL HOSKINS Apr 07, 2012

Did the same to me all they said we will take care of you on the next flight. LIARS

mine dropped 120 and they did nothing

fraud

This is my second complaint on same agency. Now the price has dropped $600.00 on the package that I purchased - I tried to claim - no soprry you can't do - you have 30 days before the trip to cliam (my trip leave on March 30 - today is March 1) but the wasy they count the days last day to cliam was Feb 27- too bad sucker fooled you again.

• Bj
    bjordi Oct 01, 2012

Not only that but this guys are such sharks. You get online to book a vacation, you check the price and agree fits your pocket. Save the search and go home few hours later, the price has gone up more than 25 %. Shame. I heard this bloodsuckers move the price up and down by the clicks of the mouse. Is impossible to find the same price two days in the row. I will never book anything with them. They SUCK !!!

price beat guarantee and their false advertizing

I booked through ITRAVEL2000 website and the price dropped overnight $50. They bluntly charged the price and refuse to do anything about price adjustment, they said the price only dropped by $50 and there is nothing they are going to do about it. I think their advertizing is very fake: "FIGHTING HARD TO SAVE YOU MONEY", instead it should read: "FIGHTING HARD TO GRAB MONEY FROM YOU WITHOUT ANY DELIGENCE TO THE CUSTOMERS"

I will not be booking anymore through ITRAVEL2000,

PEOPLE BEWARE OF THEM AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE

PAUL HOSKINS Apr 07, 2012

mine dropped by $100 and instead they said call us on the next flight we will take care of you

price drop protection

Price Drop Protection on itravel 2000 is just a scam to get the business. I booked 30 days ago at an Adults only facility, I specifically asked about the price protection I was booking early so that we would be able to get an adults only resort. The package I was sold was for a Superior Suite no other accomodation was listed on the site save villas with private pools - that I did not want. Within 3 weeks the package droped in price by $150 per person, when I applied for the price drop protection I was told that this was only for the Deluxe suites, the difference being only slightly larger in size - I was never even told about the deluxe suites - so now one can book 40 days out before the departure date and get a larger suite for $150 less - I will never book with this organization again - fraud artists of the highest order.

• Bi
    Bill Feb 13, 2009

These people are totally without scruples, they will knowingly sell ticket that are invalid for the purpose for which they were purchased. Left stranded in the Middle East and had to purchase a new ticket for the return despite making it perfectly clear to the agent selling the ticket that the itinerary should be flexible. Anyone purchasing tickets from these people should exercise extreme caution

last minute cancellation

On October 25, 2011 I booked a week long vacation for Dec 27-Jan 3 with iTravel2000 to Mexico. I received notification of a change in flight times Nov. 4, and my itinerary was electronically sent Nov.10. On it was information about printing off my e-tickets 7-10 days in advance. I printed the ticket on Dec. 20 and anticipated my vacation. At 6pm on Dec.22 I received an e-mail from iTravel2000 that my trip was cancelled. I have a narrow window for my vacations and asked if they could re-book in that time period. The earliest was Jan 13. The Tour operator Thomas Cook Travel said that the flight schedule on that particular day was cancelled Nov. 11, and that they had notified iTravel2000 at that time. One representative at iTravel2000 claimed they sent out a notification, and when pushed on this, said i should call back. Another claimed they just received the cancellation notice. Needless to say, I was not able to take my trip, and my travel companion, (who wisely booked with another company), had to spend time in Mexico by herself. I hope others will avoid this company, as they did not even bother to offer some type of compensation for their error.

price protection guarantee a scam

I booked a trip with itravel2000's "Price Protection Guarantee". Then a few days later the trip went down by $170 per person. When I called itravel2000 for my refund I was told that I did not quatlify for it because the hotel was booked, even though they had advertised it. In the guarantee clause it states same room type, same meal plan, same flight, same hotel, same date; no where does it say subject to availability. I tried to get the logic behind the availibility because why do I care if there is availability, I already have a room. They make it impossible to receive complaints, they don't publish thier email addresses - only one for customer service for people who have already done their trip. I mailed a letter and emailed the customer service twice and have never received a response. I will never book through itravel2000 again. And I travel a lot!!

• Ms
    Mserafin Mar 19, 2013

I'm going through the same thing as my family trip went down by $500.00 and was told the same thing. I will never deal with Itravel2000 ever again. They are totally misleading the public with their best price BS...

error in e-ticket

I booked a return ticket to Panama City for a friend and because I was paying with my own credit card, I was forced to deal with a live travel agent over the phone. I had sent detailed written (and accurate) information and spelled out my friend's name very carefully over the phone when dealing with the agent. Itravel2000 sent me the itinerary by email two days afterwards, with my friend's name misspelled. The same day I left a voice mail in the agent's mail box and followed up with an email to him and to [protected]@itravel2000.com
Three days later, no response. After three days, I called and I was told that the mistake could not be fixed and that the could not guarantee that my friend would be allowed on the plane. $1000 out the window because G. Alfaro, agent at itravel.com mispelled the name on the e-ticket. This is completely unacceptable. if you read this NEVER BUY anything at all from itravel2000.com

Customer care is non existent at itravel2000.com

misrepresentation

The bottom line with itravel2000 is if the don’t deliver what they promise, and bill you otherwise, i...

false advertising

The airlines had a weekend seatsale on and Itravel2000's website reflected these prices through the...

let it snow

How do these threads get closed. ? LET IT SNOW ITRAVEL2000

THE TECHNICALLITIES ARE FOR YOUR LAWYERS THAT YOU SAVE ON THE BACK OF YOUR EMPLOYEES.

The following thread got closed after a reply of from Itravel2000 how does this happen? Why close it to control the media? If somehow Itravel2000 invested this money to have this closed you guys are even lower than expected.

Anyways:

These people were from Quebec...and the reason why they didn't win was because the person that booked it was from Ottawa. Do you think that if your agent had told them that they would have still let the person in Ottawa book?

[B][/You claim the "related information" was on customer's invoice...the gentleman didn't get an invoice...just like I didn't get an invoice.B]

From some remote part of the internet?? You HAVE CURRENT AND OLD COMPLAINTS and you STILL run the campaign and YOU STILL don't properly disclose information sending the information in INVOICES AFTERWARDS, IF THAT!!!. You do wish the things you do to your clients are easily forgotten. That's what companies like Itravel2000 depend on.

Yes I did cover it and I will continue make it known to the public how your company operates until it changes. You will probably find multiple complaints by me now and as long as you operate under that name on the internet regarding your company's service. There is no limit to sharing on the internet. :0)

There are many like links but I didn't know that before I booked with your company and I wish I did. If you have nothing to hide it shouldn't bother you. You shouldn't be closing threads, deleting posts on your pages ect... I've gotten emails thanking me for my postings and sharing my experience. I couldn't have done it without you Itravel, thanks for your contribution.

Anyways...Freedom of speech and I am glad I live in a country that allows it even if your company may be big enough to buy some people's silence I can guarantee you won't buy mine like you attempted to.

@drdrma I am not looking for sympathy from anyone. I am looking to create awareness. This issue is ongoing with me and Itravel2000. I plan on updating their unethical practices as I go. They are currently under review with TICO, BBB and The Ontario Privacy Commissioner. Those guys can only suggest changes to the company and cannot enforce penalties, so we see how well consumers are protected in Ontario. Since they can’t really do anything I have taken it on myself to take the first step. Something must be done so corporations like Itravel2000 cannot continue to take advantage of consumers without consequences.

closed complaint

"Quebecers lose itravel2000 contest on technicality"

"the lead booker"...disclosure disclosure...so do you think the people that live in Quebec would have just called in and booked the trips themselves if this peice of information was disclosed?

NO INVOICE FOR THE OTHER TRAVELLERS...WHAT A COINCIDENCE

[CTV.ca News Staff

Date: Wed. Mar. 12 2008 10:17 PM ET

A group of travellers from Quebec say they're disappointed that an online travel agency won't pick up the tab for their vacations.

Dave and Pete Conlin believed they were winners in itravel2000.com's "Let it Snow" promotion after booking their vacation to Cuba. But the company says they've got it wrong and they're not winners because of a technicality.

The promotion -- which ran last year -- gave tens of thousands of itravel2000 customers the chance to win a qualifying vacation package if it snowed 12.7 centimetres or more on January 1, 2008, at four qualifying Canadian airports.

Airports in Alberta, Ontario, and Atlantic Canada were out of luck when New Year's Day snowfall in those locations fell short. But Quebec was a different story.

"Environment Canada reported and EarthSat officially confirmed that 14.8 centimetres fell at Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport in Montreal during the measurable timeframe on January 1st, 2008, qualifying all passengers who booked their vacation with itravel2000 under the terms and conditions of the 'Let It Snow promotion, '" itravel2000.com said in a press release in January.

The Conlins live in Gatineau, Que. and began to celebrate.

"We thought we'd won. How could we not? We're in Quebec, " said Dave Conlin. ...

• Lu
    Luv2travel113 Feb 11, 2011

As someone who also purchased vacations from itravel2000 under the "let it Snow" promotion three years in a row (and for the record have never won), I have to say that these are totally unfounded accusations. itravel2000 did state in the terms and conditions of the promotion (which have always been posted on the section of their website highlighting the promotion, as well as on each of our invoices), that the "weather station" used to determine eligibility will be based on the postal code of the "lead passenger" whose address is included on the reservation and invoice.

If you ( or other customers ) booked your vacations under someone else's name and contact information and failed to review the terms of the promotion you were entering, that is hardly their fault. It is common sense that they cannot register your address under the terms of the contest if you did not provide it and the terms were readily available to customers.

My company runs similar promotions and the reality is that they are often underwritten bu insurance companies with very specific terms for renumeration. It is very unfortunate for those who could have benefitted from the snowfall, but at the end of the day, if you failed to review the terms and/or take note of YOUR error prior to the deadline established by their insurance company, they cannot be held responsible. While I understand your disappointment, accept some responsibility for your own oversight. Your biterness is obvious but it sounds like a case of sour grapes...

Chris50 May 13, 2011

There is a new batch of complaints being filed against Karl/Filomena/global. It is important if anyone out there is thinking of filing to do so. It must be done formally. The first time in court the judge may be lienient but repeated offences while being in court could mean jail time. We have new info but it cannot be posted at this time. Trust that we are on this and file a formal complaint. Did I mention I got my $1500 back ?

Ministry of Consumer Services
    5775 Yonge Street, Suite 1500
    Toronto, ON M7A 2E5
    Office: 416 326-8660
    Cell: 647 237-8660
    Fax: 416 326-8633
    [email protected]

Chris50 May 13, 2011

@Luv2travel113 Sour grapes it may be however at the end of the day I got what I wanted after contacting the regulating bodies. I am sure after the poor service, unethical business and denying me my guarantee they didn't just decide to issue me the checks out of the goodness of their hearts. Thks for the input/experience from your company though.

price drop protection, l complaint, review

NO INVOICE FOR THE OTHER TRAVELLERS...WHAT A COINCIDENCE

[CTV.ca News Staff

Date: Wed. Mar. 12 2008 10:17 PM ET

The Conlins live in Gatineau, Que. and began to celebrate.

How do these threads get closed. ? LET IT SNOW ITRAVEL2000

@Itravel2000, since we are both bias why don't we leave it to the THIRD PARTY REPORTER: CTV.

pricedropprotection

Re: Disclosure, false advertisement, unfair business practices

Booked/and took money August 27th Invoice is printed and sent on September 28th

False ADvertising-Lowest Price Guarantee(Anil k) could not match price that redtag had to offer at the time of booking/in recording)

Price Drop Protection- Does not disclose/misleading from reasonable person's understanding. full terms and conditions.

Public's usual undertanding of Price protection is that the company will protection against the price drop of competitors (hence no shopping around or waiting) not their own prices:

The public's understanding should overule the Corporation's lawyer's intentional deception of the public.

Legitamate Price drop Protection Programs:

Please see definitions:

A price protection guarantee extends assurances to a consumer that upon buying an item, if the customer finds the same item cheaper from another vendor, the original seller will match the price by refunding the difference to the buyer. Some vendors advertise an even greater offer, such as a “115% price protection guarantee, ” indicating they will refund the difference plus 15% to give the customer an even deeper discount. A time restraint of 30 days is typical, and other conditions apply which can vary among retailers.

Full terms and conditions link is on the invoice which was printed a month after the date of booking and after I called numerous times for invoice.

ITravel2000 cancelled after already agreeing to retain reservation to save the cost of$150.00 reimbursement knowing they could sell the trip for more.

Other Links I found on ITravel2000

pricedropprotection

CTV.http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/200...ontest_080712/

THE TECHNICALLITIES ARE FOR YOUR LAWYERS THAT YOU SAVE ON THE BACK OF YOUR CUSTOMERS.

PAUL HOSKINS Apr 07, 2012

crooks==== they are unbelievable.

poor conditions and services

We got into our hotel lobby at about 7:30 pm, on the evening of January 19th, 2009.The smell of sewer was overwhelmingly strong. We got into our rooms which were not near the main building, thank goodness! The first thing we did in the morning is hit the beach..Since the hotel is known for some of the best snorkeling from the beach in the region, its the reason we decided on going there...
While waiting for our group to all show up that morning, I was taking pictures and enjoying the beautiful scenery and sunshine.I observed the jewel colored waters turn murky and caught it in my pictures.It was very disturbing to watch, because there were already people out snorkeling while this was happening.
No one from the Hotel staff came out to inform anyone about raw sewage being pumped into the ocean, and there was no signs, flags or warnings anywhere about it happening either.The only way we found out was from some other vacationers, who came down to the beach to warn us to stay out of the water.I observed 4 very upset swimmers walking up to the main hotel, and knew they were the ones who had to swim through the sewer to get back to shore.I know how I felt and I did not into the water, it was discusting!!!
No-one from the staff we talked to could explain why it happened other than it had to be done, so sorry.I do understand that this is the way its done, but late at night and when the tide is going out would be proper procedure.To do it at 10:30 am with so many people on the beach and in the water, with the tide coming in, was gross mismanagement to the max..
I did not go down to the beach again until the 25th, the weather was rainy and very windy so no snorkeling until our last full day there...I did manage to get 2 hours of pleasure snorkeling out of a whole week there.Even when the weather would have permitted us to go in the thought of swimming in an area where sewer in being dumped at any time made it unappealing and am very disappointed that my holidays were ruined, in this way.
This region could really be a great vacation spot but the level of safe clean beaches was very upsetting.Quite a few of my family have been to this resort in the past few years and recommended this trip to me .
They were very upset at how the level of service and accommadations
have slipped in just one year.Unless it improves I will not go back, thats for sure!!

wedding group deal ripoffs and customer service nightmare

After desideding to get married out of the country and talking to an itravel2000 sales rep in Toronto (Martino), we desided to book our group package. From that first phone call it became evident he would tell us exactly what we wanted to hear then just hang up, and never follow through with his work. He would not send bills in mail, would constantly raise and change prices higher and higher every time we called. For every guest who was booking, our fixed group rate was different. One of our guest was charged double and had her VISA unauterized billed. These people are crooks.

We demanded to deal with his supervisor, which we thought, 'finnally things will be solved'. They were not, Carolyn was just as bad. She would not solve any problems and although plecating us by telling us, he was almost fired... is was all lipservice, she proceeded to over change the other guest that called. When we called to try to pay, she would say 'i have no idea how much your trip is. I'll ask, and call you right back." Then she would never call back. You'd have to call again, and it would be the same response, and no call back. Over and over. Either thay have NO IDEA, or NO DESIRE to do their jobs, or this is a stall tactic. Four of our guests were stalled so they could not get the 'let is snow promotion'. But even after this promotion was no longer available, the same problem still persisted. Promises of sending bills by mail and itineraries, promotional reinbursments, but never recieving them. Even ater repeatedly DEMANDING them, we never recieve them. We would fax medical papers, and they would somehow not get them. We would have to constantly refax. Dealing with them is a nightmare. I suggest no one book any group packages. I hope they don't do this with all their customers. We still have not gotten everthing resolved, and they just keep hoping with will give up. They have begun to screen their calls, so as not to assist us. We have to use naighbours phone to get through, or call other agents and have them send our call through. It is rediculous and no way to conduct business. These people are not trainned. They are children. Heaven forbid that we have any troubles during our stay, I'm sure we will be stranded there.

• Br
    bridetobe Jan 29, 2009

I totally agree with what you experienced. I am currently planning my wedding through itravel2000 and have been for the last year when they took $6000 in deposits. On friday they charged us all in full and yesterday came to us saying that Transat has decided to no longer travel to our destination come April so they have refunded us all of our money. Meaning 2 months out from my wedding (April 17) they have canceled it with no real options for a resolution.

Itravel does not stand behind the travel operators they sell, if they cancel, they have no care for the clients and the fact that they have been holding our deposit money for a year. ITravel has just backed off and said, it's not our fault that Transat canceled.

Now we are scrambling to find someone who can help us out so that we can still have the wedding of our dreams in 2 months without causing our guests (40) to have to change dates or pay extra money.

bad experience with itravel2000.com

Initially, my boyfriend and I booked Hotel Sandos Caracol but decided to change to a different one after a fire burned down 2 of the bars. As soon as we found out about the fire, we contacted our agent, which took us forever to get a hold of. When we finally reached her, we expressed our concerns about the hotel.

Surprisingly, she was clueless about it. So, we just asked her if we could change our hotel and she was okay with it. She verbally informed us that there will be an additional charge of $300 for the new hotel - w/c was okay. Weeks later, my boyfriend got his credit card statement and found out that they charged us $400. We, again, tried calling itravel, left messages and sent emails, no replies. The agent called back and said that she made a mistake and was supposed to be $400 for real - she didn't bother apologizing at all!

Anyways, to make the long story short, I called the head office and wanted to speak to a Manager and complain about how unprofessional our agent was. The receptionist put me through to the manager of Customer Service, but unfortunately, I had to leave messages.

To this day, I have not heard back from anyone at itravel. This is very sad and disappointing.

They are not professional from the operator to the manager. They may have 100 people waiting to take calls, but how many will treat customers well?

Paul Dec 04, 2008

I am having the same problem, i was quoted one price and charged another, still awaiting an answer. (3 weeks now)

will update when i (if) i hear anything.

• Bo
    BobC14 Apr 30, 2013

I just know Royal Elite/Sandos Caracol has a terrible reputation regarding timeshares, that's the only reason why i would never stay there, and i would recommend you not to do it either. If you don't believe, , you should check out this forum with more angry royal elite timeshare owners:

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices