iTalk communications networkRip off / scam

D

I was conned into having italk as my phone company by false promises. I cancelled in april after 3 months overcharging by them. Later, they said my cancellation was rescinded externally (Alleged, no proof) worse was to follow. Notwithstanding the fact that i cancelled, and that their "service" was for calls only, and i was the only person in my house for 6 months, and i am a man of few words, they are now trying to get £517 from me! They even include a charge for september, a month after they themselves say the "service "ceased. Basically, they are lying about the entire matter. None of their figures are real. Figures have simply been "snatched out of the air", and the entire bill is a fabrication. They even phoned today pretending to be bt and falsely alleging that the £517 owed to bt! They will use any sly conniving sneaky swindling tactic to try to get peoples' money. I wish they would take me to court so that i can expose them to the adverse publicity they deserve. They are a bunch of scamming fraudsters, and it is long past time they were stopped. Be warned, don't sign up with italk, they will rip you off, and if you cancel, they will find some way of charging you an extortionate amount of money for nothing. I think they must only employ staff who have no principles, otherwise they would not work for such a slimy no - good bunch of criminals. If you have been ripped off, make it public, and if they are trying to rip you off, refuse to pay and make online complaints like mine. We can bring them down if we all fight them together. My next step is to go to the police to make a formal complaint against them for fraudulent business methods for which they already have a record in the usa.

• Ve
    veronica sanchez Nov 22, 2008

THIS OUTFIT (I-TALK) DEMONSTRATES A CONSISTENT "TO HELL WITH YOU" ATTITUDE WHEN YOU ATTEMPT TO CALL AND GET THEM TO RECTIFY A PROBLEM.
    A CLOSE FRIEND OF MINE PURCHASED THEIR DAMN SERVICE AND WAS UNABLE TO MAKE OR RECEIVE CALLS WITHIN SEVERAL DAYS OF ACTIVATION. SHE WAS OVERSEAS AND I REPEATEDLY CALLED THOSE ### AT I-TALK EXPLAINING THAT THEIR CUSTOMER WAS UNABLE TO USE THE SERVICE. I ASKED THEM — SEVERAL TIMES, DURING SUCCESSIVE CALLS — TO TELEPHONE MY FRIEND (THEIR PAYING CUSTOMER) AND RECTIFY THE PROBLEM. EACH TIME THEY PROMISED TO CALL "RIGHT AWAY" AND DID NOT CALL. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED A FORMAL COMPLAINT TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE AND TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND TO THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION IS AN EXCELLENT IDEA. I AM ADVISING AND URGING MY FRIEND TO DO THIS, HERSELF! THESE MONEY-GRUBBING ### SIMPLY WANT TO BILL AND COLLECT MONEY . . . THEY DON'T GIVE A S**T ABOUT SO MUCH AS COURTEOUSLY RESPONDING TO THEIR CUSTOMERS! A LOUSY, LOUSY, DISGUSTING, INCOMPETENT RIPOFF OUTFIT, IN MY EXPERIENCE. ATTORNEY GENERAL/BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU/FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION. THESE ### WILL HAVE TO SIT UP AND TAKE NOTICE WHEN PROPER AUTHORITIES CALL THEM TO ACCOUNT FOR THEIR REPREHENSIBLE, UNETHICAL MANNER OF DEALING WITH PEOPLE. GO GET 'EM!

Nork Jan 06, 2010

Exactly. They will shamelessly find wired way to charge you after your contract expired. I was just charged 100 $ after a year contract and I told them I canceled my contract. They told me the phone call to cancel my service was not enough. Plus the phone can't call any number after my contract was up.
    I quite tolerated with their poor audio quality and didn't expect they have more stuff under their lousy services.

• Dc
    DCS150 Jun 14, 2011

Italk UK have tried to sue me on 2 occasions, both times they have lost, and has been struck out of court over a contract that I never agreed or signed upto. However, and here is where this really angers me, they have been putting defaults on my credit profile ever since, even though the matter was struck out of court on 2 occasions. I have now involved the Communications Ombudsman who are investigating my complaint, and for which will cost Italk £500 as the Ombudsman will charge that to them for the complaint. They are for sure the most terrible communications company to deal with, they are arrogant, lack communication skills, and there own legal department have no idea about the law. It most amazes me how companies like this are actually in business. They are a complete failure.

• Ku
    kulgan Mar 02, 2013

Italk communications where do I start?? My mother law who is an 82 year old lady lives on her own has a heart condition and other health issues who is currently on new medication which could have serious side effects so she needs her phone in case she is taken ill and needs to contact anyone, But her phone line has not been working for the last two weeks we have phoned italk every day sometimes twice a day to find out how long it is going to be till the line is restored at first we were told it could be three days possibly up to five days. But all we keep getting told is they are working on it. It has gone from a simple line fault to an underground fault to a fault in the exchange, From engineers to technicians you would think with all these people working on it they would be able to get a simple phone line working but no as of yesterday Friday the first of march they have still not repaired the fault and cannot tell us how long it will take. Every day they have told us they will phone with an update but we are still waiting. We lodged a complaint with Ofcom regarding this problem then we received a phone call from their ceo of the complaints department which I missed by one minute I called her back several times over the next two days only to go on her answer machine where I left a message each time for her to call me I am still waiting. So we have now contacted BT to go back with them we cancelled her direct debit with italk she then received a letter informing her of the charges she will incur for finishing her contract early ( eight months ) This contract was taken out over the phone nothing was signed If there is anyone who can give us any hints on how to sort this problem out we would appreciate your help. As the worry is making my mother in law ill I am totally disgusted with italk so when they tell you they are sorry they are not when they say they understand they don`t they do not know how to tell the truth and they do not give a ### about any one.
    Concerned son in law

• Ia
    Ian_Tumbos_Thief Mar 02, 2013

The same thing happned here. Ian Tumbos AKA Matthew Spencer AKA TelemaTechs ripped us off. He took our money and run away with it. BEWARE of Ian Tumbos AKA Matthew Spencer AKA Telematechs residing at Guzman Street, Mandurriao Iloilo City, Philippines. Phone number: +[protected].

Ian Tumbos AKA Matthew Spencer AKA Telematechs is running a scam from the Philippines. Ian Tumbos AKA Matthew Spencer AKA Telematechs will take your money and run with it.

Ian Tumbos AKA Matthew Spencer AKA Telematechs has a fake address in a run down building in the US: 610 S Coronado, Los Angeles, CA 90017.

Ian Tumbos AKA Matthew Spencer AKA Telematechs has a fake (magicjack) phone number in the US [protected].

Ian Tumbos AKA Matthew Spencer AKA Telematechs will not even run a campaign for you or your company. All Ian Tumbos AKA Matthew Spencer AKA Telematechs does is give you lies and excuses..
    ** Our company got called by Ian Tumbos AKA Matthew Spencer AKA Telematechs and sold us on 30 appointments for $1, 400 in a month.
    ** It has been now almost six months and Ian Tumbos AKA Matthew Spencer AKA Telematechs did not deliver any appointments.
    ** Ian Tumbos AKA Matthew Spencer AKA Telematechs is no longer taking our calls nor answering our dozen emails.
    ********** BEWARE OF THIS TELEMARKETING SCAM ***********************************

• Sp
    SpanHan Sep 23, 2014

Although ITALK have may not have a right to charge customers figures 'snatched' out of the air. They are not the only telecoms company of course who do this. However, if you are being charged a sum of what they have asked you have plain and simply broken the contract and every telecoms company will charge some sort of amount. They will find a large figure to charge you, normally this is just a scare tactic.BT are the worst for it. ITALK is a VERBAL contract and it is mentioned several times throughout the call, you are given a two week cooling off period the same as everyone else. Obviously I cant condone a few of the comments above, as I don't know the full story. It is a legal requirement at the end of the call that the adviser read to the customer "You are aware that ITALK is a separate provider, you will not continue to pay your current provide ... for the line rental and calls" How can they pretend to be another company with this question? The young lady I spoke to who set me up on a package was very efficient and helpful. She actually saved me a great deal of money as well. I have never had to ring customer service so I cant comment but I find it interesting when people feel they have been conned, They are regulated by off com the same as everyone else so take it up with off com.

Sazz77 Oct 03, 2014

ngvring the 14 day cooling off period I called italk and told I had changed my mind and wanted to stay with BT. The lady was very polite and asked me why and i told her i had changed my mind. She then passed me over to some rude, obnoxious man called Dave. Dave got really snotty with me saying he was just giving me correct information. I said i wanted to cancel and stay with BT. He decided to argue with me so i hung up.

• Ke
    Kevin 186 Oct 10, 2014

This is a latest bill my elderly father received from italk ( he can't even remember signing with them from bt ) he has cancelled his contract with italk but this is a parting shot from italk the number concerned is the local Drs surgery this is from his house phone

They are still trying to collect on the direct debit which has been cancelled at the bank but they continue sending letters and charging him £7.50p for unpaid direct debit take a look at the calls and let me know what you think

Thanks Kevin

• Ke
    Kevin 186 Oct 10, 2014

Sorry it won't allow me to send photo of the bill

Comments

• To
    Tori Anderson Nov 03, 2017

@Kevin 186 Ouch, those charges are obscene!

• Mi
    miss terri song Jan 13, 2015

ITalk contacted my elderly relative 5 days after his partner of 20 years passed away. He was interested in their deal and asked to see some paperwork and a contract. They then without his knowledge of permission switched his telephone over from his existing server and the first he knew of this is when he got a letter setting out the details of the direct debit payments. He wrote immediately telling them they he did not want a telephone service from them, all he had wanted was written details so he could assess their charges and make an informed decision. He heard nothing, and wrote again. Eventually he got a phone call from iTalk. They insisted that he had signed up with them and had a verbal contract. They informed him that he couldn't cancel it without paying charges. They have mentioned wildly different amounts. They now appear to be phoning on a daily basis Pressurising him for money, threatening to cut him off, etc, etc. I am disgusted with iTalk. Their actions have caused a grieving man, already in poor health, to become very worried and upset. He has not let us help up til now, but he has now agreed to place the matter in the hands of a solicitor. He has told iTalk this, repeatedly, amd given them the Solicitors details, but the phone calls persist. In my humble opinion the people at iTalk who have been handling his file are ###. I plan to report them to a regulatory authority as soon as we get the matter resolved.

• Do
    dougpark Jan 23, 2015

This sounds very similar to my mums experience with italk, our bank manager is currently battling with them, and the citizens advice bereau have opened a case against them. italk have the most vile kind of staff, I would hope that more people ditch them and report them for ripping off vulnerable elderly people, I am currently writing to the Ofcom ombudsmen, and considering sending this story to journalists, bbc rip off Britain etc, I would advise everyone who has been caught out by italk to do the same,

• Ju
    Judy Naylor Feb 11, 2015

My 82 year old mother who is also vulnerable received a call from iTalk. Luckily she put me on to talk to to the caller and did not give any details. He said that as her phone bill was over £30 per month they could reduce it. This fact is false. When I asked who he was and his company he accused me of being very aggressive. I asked for him to send us some details in writing and he said he could not do this until we had signed up. Once signed up they would send all the details through and "we would have a two week cooling off period - God forbid that we might want to cancel! " I asked why he couldn't send details in writing and he replied it would be a waste of money. At this point I told him there was no point in continuing with the conversation and put the phone down.
    Although my mother did not give any details I am now concerned that there might be repercussions from this call.
    Why can't our politicians doe something about these scavenging immoral vultures instead of bickering amongst themselves all the time!

• Kd
    K dodds Feb 11, 2015

I had a cold call from italk uK and initIally was very Interested as was assured the only difference in our combined tv, phone, broadband service would be our provider . I did have a 2 week cooling off and written brochure sent with details of our deal. This helped as it showed slow broadband speeds as italk use ADSL not fibre optic connections which our current provider uses. As such I called to cancel with italk and got a better deal with BT . Having heard above I will ensure my direct debit is cancelled. Not impressed with italk re not asking about nature broadband connection as it wasn't like for like as they led me to believe . So far though they seemed to accept my cancellation and did provide written information as to details of the contract .

• Da
    Dazza01 Feb 11, 2015

Hi
    Can anyone help me with cancelation charges from iTalk?

An iTalk sales man somehow managed to charm me into making the switch from BT to iTalk with the promise I would save at least £30 a month when in fact I was paying almost double. (I fell for it.)
    I cant help but feel like I was being ripped off after receiving my bills from iTalk. £53 in the second month and £70 in the third and I rarely use my land line if ever. These figure just don't make any sense.

I decided to go back to BT and now iTalk are trying to charge me a cancelation fee.
    Are they within their rights to do so? Do I have any ground to fight this charge?

Kindest regards
    Darren

• Bl
    Blar Mar 21, 2018

@Dazza01 Yh I am

• It
    Italkexemployee Apr 02, 2015

Hello,
    I use to work for one of Italks contact centres, it isn't exactly a con but the company targets elderly people to sign up to the packages customers prices do get increased and we are forced to do hard sales, effectively the customer believes we are there current provider then we explain to them we aren't, we just work on the same line ( so they still think we are the same provider) DO NOT GO FOR ITALK stay with the large providers !!!

• Ti
    tigger 1979 Apr 09, 2015

i am having problems with italk at the moment asking me for
    £86, 80 for cancelation fees as i went to back with bt they keep ringing all the time when i have no money i am on benifits and get carers allowence for lookin after my autistic son they are now saying if i dont pay the money i owe they take me to court my partner has seen the letter and he can tell they are a big con from heidi brooker in lincolnshire

• Lo
    LondonW10 Apr 16, 2015

Cold called by "Oli" 16 April 2015 who said "you have not registere yet for your free calls". "What free ca calls?" I ask. After asking four times what company he was from, he said iTalk. I simply told him to delete my number, that this was an unsolicited call (I am on call barring for the little it is worth) and hung up. A scam.

• Bl
    Blue85 Apr 16, 2015

My mum was contacted by this company today, 16/4/15. Believing they were from my BT, my mum agreed to sign upto this cheaper plan and unfortunately gave her debit details before realizing it was a different company called italk. Upon hearing about this I googled the company and found this page. She has since called them back and told them to cancel it as she wants to stay with BT, from which they hung up on her so I can only hope the cancellation will take place and nothing will get changed. I have advised her to make sure the direct debit is cancelled with the bank, and will see if any paperwork gets sent out, tho the cancellation took place within an hour of signing up and she is well within her 14 day cooling off period.

• Bi
    Bigjobird Apr 22, 2015

I've just been scammed with them too and I'm 43. They've just got very ### with me telling me that the complaints online were in 2010 and everything is better. That the complaints actually were against a company in the USA. Hadn't found this page then but had been emailed a link by a friend who had overheard my conversation saying that openreach will never contact you and the link he sent was a complaint in 2013. Since stumbling onto these comments I've called them and cancelled which led to the abuse to me and against BT, (They're clearly on commission). I've called the bank and put a block on my direct debits too. Steer clear me thinks. :)

• It
    iTalk-Scam May 08, 2015

My 92 year old grandmother was cold called yesterday despite being registered with the TPS (telephone preference service) by iTalk Communications. The women (Charlene) was so persistent that after more than half an hour she agreed to whatever she wanted, just to get her off of the phone. iTalk (we believe) have switched her into a contract that is more than twice the cost of her current contract (~£30 to £61.23) and left her shaken, confused, scared and unsure of what she had committed to. We phoned her current provider (TalkTalk - who were very helpful), they informed us that iTalk were well known for this type of scam. They have put a flag on the system so that when the request comes through to change the provider it will be denied.

We will be contacting Ofcom and the TPS (http://complaints.tpsonline.org.uk/Consumer/).

If anyone can provider any other or help, please post here, if not, hopefully this information is of use to others.

AngelicKaty May 12, 2015

I've been registered with the TPS for years, yet still I was called by iTalk twice today (12th May 2015). The first, a man, said "Hello Mrs Jones, I'm phoning to set you up with your unlimited free calls on your BT Openzone line". I said, "No you're not, this is a cold call which I don't want". He replied "It's not a cold call because I'm not selling anything". I said, "Do I have a contract with you? Are you a service provider to me?" He sounded incredibly flustered so I followed this up with "No, I don't and you're not. This is an unsolicited call and I don't want anymore of them. Remove me from whatever mailing list you have and DON'T call me again" and I hung up. Four hours later I received another call, with exactly the same introduction, from a woman. This time I asked the name of the company (iTalk), her name (Sophie), the company phone number [protected]) and importantly, the location she was calling from (Southend-on-Sea). Sophie used exactly the same tactics as the man, namely, trying to insinuate that she was working on behalf of BT (my real service provider) stating "we work on the same line as your BT Openzone line, the one you're talking on". I asked her THREE times what she meant by "we work on the same line ..." but she couldn't give me a coherent answer. I eventually put her out of her misery (once I'd had my fun with her, of course! ;) ) and told her that I'd already been called earlier that morning and as I am registered with the TPS and she was calling me from within the UK, she was actually breaking the law by phoning me and that she should not call me again. She apologised and the call ended. I'm fuming and have lodged a complaint with the TPS, but what really saddens me is that my greatest fear (that a vulnerable person could get suckered into signing up to a contract with them by this sharp practice) has clearly happened, as evidenced by some of the postings on this site. It also saddens me that so many people with poor career prospects (for whatever reason) are prepared to work for such an amoral organisation. SHAME ON ALL OF THEM!!!

john mantova May 15, 2015

about to contact I-TALK re contract end date / or cancellation of same Will post the outcome

• Ri
    ripperIt Jun 26, 2015

I have had exactly the same treatment - they phoned me making me think they were bt giving me a better deal than the current one and gave me a speel on how i would pay a £28 p/month package all inclusive broadband / calls package and as far as i am aware never mentioning weekend calls only. i would have told them i am never around at the weekends anyway. so why would i be interested in this. they have been charging me excessively ever since. no explanations and very very misleading. they then told me if i want to save money that i could pay £32 p/month for 24 months all calls including broadband but all mobile calls are charged extra. i am at my wits end to know what to do with them - i just dont trust them at all - i said right from the start i was not interested but some how they managed to convince me to get the information to view and there was a cooling off period. when i recieved some flimsy information a few days later, i immediately rang them again to tell them that i definately did not want to go ahead with them - they had the audacity to tell me that my cooling off period expired the day before and that i was now locked into the contract for 24 months and if i want to terminate - i would have to pay over £500 to get out of the contract, calls and broadband. i have currently changed to the £32 per month but i have to renew for another 24 months and i am very suspicious of anything else they may throw at me with their seemingly fabricated bills which do not add up properly. what should i do? should i terminate stupid contract and be done with it but do not want to pay an extortinate termination bill! can someone please advise??

• Cl
    Claudette Francis Feb 27, 2017

@ripperIt iAM IN THE SAME SITUATION WITH ITALK. TRYING TO CON ME AND WHEN I TOLD THEM I DIDNT WANT THERE SERVICE BECAUSE I WAS GETTING NO INTERNET WHATS SO EVER. THEY GAVE ME A COOLING PERIOD. WHEN I TOLD THAT I STILL DIDNT NEED THERE SEVICE THEY TRY TO GET 400 POUNDS OUT OF ME THEN IT WENT UP TP 500 -600 SOMETHING POUNDS I WILL NOT BE PAYING THIS BILL.

• Im
    Improperpatchworks Jul 24, 2015

24.7.2015 cold called by italk this morning claiming to be on the same provider as openreach. Guy spoke so rapidly I had no idea what he was talking about so much of the time. I stopped him 3 times to ask him to clarify where he was from and what was his relation to BT. He wanted me to tell him how much I was paying each month and if I has getting free calls all day. His tactics were confusing and persistent. On my final request he explain more slowly why he was ringing and where from he got very annoyed and hung up on me telling me I was wasting his time! He called me! I've read the above complaints above and think it's a very sad approach to doing business.

• Da
    Dawn Cawton Aug 03, 2015

I have just been contacted by iTALK, they have phoned 3 times now trying to get hold of me, they said they were much cheaper than BT and affiliated to them.They asked for my debt card details over the phone, I said I needed to check them out first, and to make sure they were legit.The man I spoke to was not really interested that I said this and still asked me for my details.I refused, so I have checked them out.Glad I was able to see the above comments.Needless to say I WONT be joining them.

• Ap
    a perry Sep 03, 2015

hi i received a call from italk the guy put on the hard sell but i told him i would have to think it over. i told him to call me back 4 days later after id thought about it, but i really wanted to do some research on them first. glad i found this site and definitely wont be signing up with them.

• Li
    LindaP5460 Sep 08, 2015

We were conned by italk giving the impression they were BT. We like a lot of people are pensioners. The day after the call we went on holiday for 15 days we told italk this but not once during the conversation did they say we only had 14 days cooling off period. On our return we decided to go back to BT but it was day 15, when we rang to inform italk a very rude young man said that we would be charged a cancelation fee of £132. What was the outcome of other peoples run in with this unscrupulous company.

• Ic
    Icarus89685 Nov 02, 2015

Regardless whether you think italk is a con or not they abide by the Distance Selling Regulations and the requirement for a 14 day cooling off period between the date of sale and live date (the date your line service switches from your current provider to the new one).

There is nothing dodgy or a con about this and meets current UK Law requirements for the trade of goods/services however if they present themselves as being affiliated as part of BT/Openreach this is completely untrue.

The majority of UK telecoms companies will be using the Openreach network the only significant exceptions to this is KCOM and Virgin Media as they operate their own network. Even large companies such as Sky and Talk Talk use Openreach to operate their lines. Openreach will never contact a consumer unless it’s in relation to a line fault or installation, even in these circumstances they will usually communicate to you via your phone provider.

If italk state they are going to ‘activate your free calls’ or work in ‘conjunction’ with BT/Opnreach they are talking nonsense, they merely lease lines of the Openreach network like Sky or Talk Talk would.

If you don’t wish to speak to them or engage with their services keep in mind the following:
    • They cannot take over your line service without your Post Code and landline Telephone Number; they may have you landline telephone number if they dial you on it but will not have your Post Code so they cannot do anything.
    • Cancelling your Direct Debit during the cooling off period will not cancel your contract, you must contact them directly if you wish to cancel or contact your current phone supplier stating you have been slammed by italk.
    • If they fail to action a cancellation request you can always reclaim any payments taken by Direct Debit under the Direct Debit Guarantee, as soon as they realise payments are being re-claimed they will investigate or take a complaint more seriously.
    • If you ask to see something in writing before switching this is no good, they will simply start the takeover process for your line as per the 14 day transfer process. Either proceed knowing that from the sales date you have 14 days to cancel the transfer otherwise don’t bother.

Most importantly their website is www.italktelecom.co.uk, judge for yourselves if they are a cheaper or better service option for you.

Mark Revell Nov 25, 2015

Just stumbled across this thread.

My parents are both in their 70's and despite being registered with TPS they consistently receive daily cold calls from various companies. If i'm around they're quickly informed that they're breaking the law and to remove our details immediately, but if i'm not, well, my dad is far too polite for his own good and has ended up signing up for various things in the past after speaking with a seemingly friendly sales person. This same thing happened with italk. They were previously with BT and then one day I popped round to discover that my dad had 'moved provider to save some money'. It turns out that was italk, and the first monthly bill was £152. One hundred and fifty two. I was stunned when I saw it, and upon inspection there were over £100 worth of charges to directory enquiries - including a 40 minute call at 40 minutes past midnight. I know for a fact that my dad is never up at that time, and having checked with my mum she's certain that it wouldn't have been her as she doesn't even know what the number is for directory enquiries. To my mind I guess it's possible that my mum called them and forgot to hang up properly, but I find it highly unlikely to be frank. And even so, that single call alone was charged at over £80! There was a separate 5 minute call to directory enquiries as well, at a cost of £11.

Now, as mentioned, I find this all; 1) Difficult to believe (that my parents would be calling directory enquiries, and certainly for that length of time. And; 2) Ridiculous in terms of charge, even if they have.

Has anyone had any experience of italk quite literally fabricating calls on the bill? Or am I barking up the wrong tree here? I had intended to call italk to discuss this with them but based on previous responses i'm not expecting much in the way of assistance from their end. It also sounds like should I attempt to cancel and move back to BT - which I absolutely want to do at this point - then again, i'm likely to find myself faced with a ludicrous cancellation fee.

Any advice would be appreciated anyway.

Mark Ashworth Jun 25, 2017

@Mark Revell Hi im one who as a complaint with italk myself if you've had any information in solving the matter please can you get back to me

many thanks Mark

• Sh
    Sharon Mills Dec 07, 2015

I talk broadband and phone service .we were promised a broadband service which should have started on 20-11-15 but never did, we contacted them twice on the 21-11-15 and asked there technical department to contact us about our broadband but no one phoned us on the Saturday so we had to wait till Monday 23-11-15 and spoke to someone again but was not getting any help or service from them so we decided to cancel our verbal contract within the 14 day cooling off period but on 27-11-15 we started receiving threating phone calls from italk as we were not satisfied with there service they told us we have not cancelled our contract but we asked the lady we spoke to on the 23-11-15 she said ok for us cancelling but again on the . on the 27 -11-15 we had a man called luke phone us saying we were going to have to pay a cancellation fee of £475.00 and I have refused to pay it, and again on the 4-12-15 and another man phoned us and tried bullying us into not cancelling our contract but we were totally pissed off by them so we phoned bt to go back with them again on the 23-11-15 and we had our broadband reconnected today 7-12-15 by them with no problems so be warned don't fall for it its totally wrong what they are doing coning people into something they cant provide and trying to con people out of money they are not entitled to

Philip Williams Jan 23, 2016

I have also experienced similar issues regarding Italk, it also strikes me that the general business practices employed to push customers in to paying out for one overcharged billing and the two year contract compared to that of one year with most other telecommunication companies . I have more recently transpired my telephone /Broadband account back to B.T with a cheaper tariff. It took about 6 attempts by BT to re-connect my land line back to their network. Why this took such a long time and the BT orders being placed and then cancelling out would appear that Italk were not relinquishing my land line back to BT is seems as if Italk were Blocking the transfer.

Also Italk claim that I did not cancel out the two year contract within the 14 day notice to withdraw period Italk claim that I was live with them back in May 2015 any yet as I recall and also have proof that I was still with BT until the middle of July 2015 when I became live with them. I only received the cold call from Italk on the 30th of June 2015. Italk are currently tying to claim a Balance of £462.65 for the withdrawal from the two year contract. I have informed Italk that I dispute the current charge and have contacted Cisas and Trading Standards of Brighton & Hove Council for Adjudication on this issue. I have of course payed the telephone/broadband utility bill for the time I was Live with Italk. Also the modem the I Italk provide is on copper wiring connection that is inferior to that of the BT modem of which provides a much faster connection in general. I regret agreeing to have Italk as my provider of Telephone and Broadband I will not transfer to any other telecommunications company from now on or that of any other utility services such as Gas / Electricity & Walter.

I would suggest that any past or current customer/s experiencing various issues with Italk or any business that appears to be a rogue trading company should report it to The Citizens Advice service of whom can help with these various issues. plus as far as Italk go I believe were possible and with individual proof of mall practice possibly try to join forces against any legal action by Italk should the company go this far. I suggest of individual security go through The Trading Standards of the above mentioned city council or possibly Cisas.

I wish all concerned parties in this matter the best of luck in perusing what ever is required in possibly naming and shaming company rogue practices. I for one believe that Italk should be forced to cease trading and a consortium of telecom companies that run a business with in the regulation.
    Signed Philip Williams

• Ba
    Barn!e Feb 09, 2016

To avoid all this type of nonsense sales calls I advise the following. Buy a BT8500 phone. It has call screening and unless they say their name and press # they will never get through. The phone wont even ring. If they do decide to give their name and press # you can still choose not to answer them and send to voicemail...Best 50 quid I ever spent. I had 5+ cold calls per day, from iTalk and companies like them. I now get zero cold calls because the auto diall systems they use cant get past my BT8500 call guardian. Its EPIC...

Auto dial is a system used in cold calling centres, the computer dials you and the second you say hello it connects you to a sales agent. BT8500 phones stop all this completely. I am not a BT sales man but they are so good I had to tell you.

Philip Williams Mar 03, 2016

I enclose a letter I sent to Italk last year, Italk claim that on their recorded system no record of any cancellation or letter was revived. I clearly remember sending them this letter and arranging for technical service on a date arranged. no technical service caller turned up on that date. Italk Breached the contract with me and later on in the year denied an appointment being made.

Why is the Italk contract a two year one? When other telecommunication providers are for one year. I also believe that Italk is scamming customers . and yes I for one would be prepared to join the list of complaints again I talk even in a court of law should it come to that. I would assume that in time Italk will be closed down from trading like this by Trading Standards. and presumably a consortium of other telecommunication companies will take over the business. Italk Limited should not be allowed to continue to trade when it is clearly in breach of the regulations.

• Te
    TeresaG01 Mar 09, 2016

Signed up to the UK iTalk broadband and phone calls because they promised unlimited internet at the same speeds I currently get for a cheaper rate.
    They didn't, however, mention their 'fair usage policy' which is in their small print referring to their website for more info. Since calling their customer services to ask why my internet had slowed down, they have informed me that it is because I have gone over my limit! and it will now be slow until I have used very little internet for about 10 days! or if I pay the additional £5 a month a start a whole new 24 month contract
    They wont allow me to cancel because it is over the 14 day period, which is completely against the consumer rights act which states i am not bound by the contract until it has been explained clearly to me. I AM GOING TO FIGHT THEM ON THIS, I WILL NOT BE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF!!

Philip Williams Mar 10, 2016

I have also experienced what also believe to have been a scam. I found that Italk would not except that I canalled out their two year contract during the 14 day cool off period. Also I did not receiver a broadband connection at first and I reported the fault to Italk and set up an appointed for a telephone technician on a set date, no technician called on this date. I reported this failure and Italk then informed me that their appointment/s system had for some unknown reason canalled my appointment out. Two weeks later I received an unexpected service call from the open reach and fixed the fault, however by this time I informed Italk that I had arranged for BT to take over, this took three months of canalled out orders on the BT system I can only assume that Italk may have been blocking the transfer back to BT. This meant that Italk could carry on charging me for my utility service. This was during June of 2015. I was eventually sent a bill for the two year contract for the sum of £462.65 plus utility charges that I found to be higher that that of BT. I did pay for the utility charge but not for the withdraw from the contract. I believe Italk have breached regulations of the telecommunications business practice. I did report them to Cisas adjudication but on paper they informed me that Italk had the right in this case to charge me.

I will not pay the two year contract charge when I know that Italk are exploiting me and obviously other past and present customers on their operational system. I would be papered to join forces with other members of the public of whom believe may have been scammed should Italk take legal action. From what has been in the internet media conserving the Italk company I would assume that Italk may have placed the company out of business and other telecommunication companies may take over from Italk eventually.

Ann Graves May 18, 2016

I talk are now using a phone no. in the south of England this is it.
    [protected]. I have had this no. Call me a couple of times but never answered it until today.
    The area i am in is hastings. East sussex.

• Ei
    Eileen tranter May 21, 2016

I too was sweet talked with lies by this awful company, promising that my bill would NEVER be as high as BT. For over a year my bills were paid by direct debit, I also complained about problems with broad band which they said they would check and never did to this day. When I said I wasnt satisfied with the service and wanted to change the provider I was told I would get a bill of 4oo pounds. Earlier this year I was checking my bank statement and noticed a charge of 57 pounds and 80 pence to some company I didnt know ( Zurich something ) I phoned the bank who put me in touch with the Fraud dept, they looked into the charge and could find nothing about this company and so repaid the money to my bank saying it was a scam. Last week I received a letter from I talk saying Owed them 57 pounds 80 pence plus 20 pounds for broken contract, I phoned them three times trying to explain what had happened only to be spoken to like a criminal by some woman with no customer service knowledge, ( bloody pig ignorant really) and I told her so and what a crap outfit they are. I have now received a letter saying that I owe 119 pounds 92 p and now my outgoing calls have been cut off. I am SO mad about this as I have always paid my bills on time. This really is the worst company ever and should't be allowed to trade

• Li
    Linda Smith121 May 26, 2016

I had a call today they wanted to know if I had community alarms I thought this very odd they told what a great deals they were offering how much cheaper it would be and then wanted my direct debit details I said hang on I don't know your company from adam and I have been with BT years send me details they said they don't do that so I said give me a call back tomorrow and I will research your company to that they said we don't do call backs we are a busy company in that case I said your not getting my bank details and as your so busy you don't need my custom and I hung up but I am very concerned that they wanted to know if I had community alarms as this would spell out that one is old or vulnerable and yes I am old and disabled

• Le
    Leo1994 Jun 02, 2016

I worked for italk and after reading a few of these comments i understand you may be misinformed. We had to go through training and all sales were recorded and sent to a compliance department, if it didnt meet strict requirements the sale was removed, also to the gentleman who had a call from us and hung up immediately im not entirely sure how you can call the company a scam? I no longer work at italk as i moved into a higher paid job but both my parents are still very happy in there contract, they only pay 14.29 for line rental and call very competitive compared to bt

Christine Richardson Aug 03, 2016

By 93 year old WWII hero uncle has also been scammed by Italk, when I called to talk to them I was just stone walled and they are blaming my uncle for everything saying he should have understood what he was agreeing too. This company is despicable he has a heart condition and is now very worried about all the money be taken from his account by direct debit, This company are robbing the elderly it is direct theft from people bank accounts . They are deliberatly targeting the elderly and then when they relise they have been ripped off want to impose extortionate charges to get out of the contract.