Menu

Intoxalock  -  Unauthorized charges

M
Author of the complaint
1:01 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I should have taken jail time.

They tried to scam me out of two $75 lockout fees while I had the device (car was being serviced both times, and Intoxalock had been properly notified). Now, over 3 weeks after the removal of the device and the closure of my account, Intoxalock is still charging me a "Roadside Assistance Fee". I find this criminal, given that they never provided me with any assistance whatsoever, roadside or otherwise, nor did I ever request any such assistance from Intoxalock. Buyer beware. I do not recommend. If you have any other option to using Intoxalock whatsoever, even if the non-Intoxalock option includes jail time, take the non-Intoxalock option. By the way, their idea of "Roadside Assistance" is telling you to pay for a tow and pay any charges from a service center and telling you to trust Intoxalock to reimburse you for the charges.

Update: Intoxalock account is still showing these unauthorized charges quite faithfully every 2 weeks — over a month after an Intoxalock representative promised in writing that there would be no more charges. At this point, it's irrelevant, since I've had my credit card company place a vendor block on Intoxalock, and I've changed the credit card which Intoxalock has on file to a dead card.

More Intoxalock complaints & reviews

Intoxalock - hidden fees
Intoxalock - rolling requests
Intoxalock - do not sign the agreement
2 comments
M
Apr 02, 2022 12:56 pm EDT

My law firm has been investigating Intoxalock for potentially fraudulent "roadside assistance" charges that they continue to charge consumers after the device has been removed from the consumer's vehicle. If you would like to discuss the issue, please contact McMorrow Law, P.C. at [protected], or contact us using this form: http://mcmorrow-law.com/index.php/contact-us. You can also email me directly at [email protected]

U

Oh by the way if you pay out of pocket for towing . Read the fine print. They only will pay up to fifty dollars for the reimbursement from towing. Where can anyone get there car towed for fifty bucks?

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

171 complaints