InstacartOvercharged

W Apr 23, 2020

I was feeling desperate about getting groceries delivered with everything going on right now, and amazon prime not being available due to so many bookings, so I was thrilled to find Instacart had available delivery windows open. I have been disputing the amount they charged to my card (a debit card, so asking the cc company to refund is not an option for me), but the only way to communicate is through their chat system. I've gotten no where. I was charged $249.99, but it should have been more like $210. I understand they upcharge a certain amount on each item, have a service fee, and a delivery fee, but I got items in smaller quantities, sizes, etc., and was literally double charged on multiple items. I did not get what I ordered. I don't want to shortchange the delivery person, and I don't think he should be punished by me taking away his tip... but I don't know how to get a refund. I've gotten nowhere with their lack of customer support. I will never use this service again.

Comment Guidelines