Menu

complaints

SkipTheDishes Complaints Summary

4 Resolved
276 Unresolved
Our verdict: If considering services from SkipTheDishes with a critical resolution rate, extra caution is advised. Examine detailed customer feedback to understand the severity and nature of unresolved issues. Be prepared for the possibility of unsatisfactory responses and have contingency plans, including seeking assistance from consumer advocacy groups if necessary.
File a complaint
Claimed
SkipTheDishes has claimed their business profile
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of SkipTheDishes. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages

SkipTheDishes complaints 280

Sort by:

Newest SkipTheDishes complaints

L
6:18 pm EST

SkipTheDishes No food delivered

On December 21st, 2023 I placed an order #[protected] and did NOT receive my food. I have sent emails to one "Sarneet K." from your operation team. Nothing has been refunded and I want it refunded to my credit card, I do not want skip credits I want it off my credit card. I have been patient to this point but now I am running out of patient.

Linda Hatch

877 Upper Gage Ave.

Apt. 709

Hamilton ON

L8V 4K8

Claimed loss: NO FOOD charged to my credit card $43.73

Desired outcome: Refund my credit card

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified SkipTheDishes representatives only. If you are affiliated with SkipTheDishes, please claim your business to access these details.

I
12:01 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We placed an order for delivery last night and my husband didn't realize an old address was selected. First, I can't delete that address so it always comes up as the default. This is a weird glitch that they need to fix. But ok, our fault for not checking the address. I realized about 7 minutes after the order was placed. I looked- no way to contact Driver...

1:00 pm EST

SkipTheDishes Pizza delivery (twice)

First time trying Skip The Dishes, horrible experience. Had company last night, ordered an artisan pizza at around 5pm. Absolutely ridiculous! First order was delivered to a different street. We went out looking and couldn't find our pizza. Later checked google earth and that’s why we know it was delivered to Watson Street (we are on Charles). We were hungry, assumed that the first order would be refunded, so re-ordered. That driver went to North Oshawa to pick up the pizza that was actually in downtown Whitby! He was driving around like he was lost. After considerable time, he was changed to a different driver. The pizza arrived at 8:11pm, stone cold and hard as a rock, not edible. We ended up making sandwiches as we were so hungry. Now I have to chase my money back as I havent received a refund of $67.00 and we had no dinner after hours of this mess.

Orders: [protected] and [protected]

Claimed loss: $67.00

Desired outcome: Refund to my Visa.

Is SkipTheDishes legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals SkipTheDishes as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 1% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, SkipTheDishes stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering SkipTheDishes should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

SkipTheDishes earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: SkipTheDishes achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

A long registered date for skipthedishes.com can be seen as a positive aspect for SkipTheDishes as it indicates a commitment to maintaining the website and its domain name for a long period of time. It also suggests that the company is organized and has taken steps to secure its online presence.

The age of SkipTheDishes's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Skipthedishes.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows SkipTheDishes website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

We looked up SkipTheDishes and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While SkipTheDishes has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 1% of 280 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to SkipTheDishes. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
2:59 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hey I made my order, it had a $5 coupon added for my discount. I add my visa into system and hit order, then the $5 coupon was removed and my order is $5 more? I dont want this order unless you can give me that $5 discount. Why did you remove it soon as I hit place order? Chat started Heer joined the chat Heer Hello jeremy, this is heer with...

M
10:02 pm EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

SkipTheDishes Meal order was not received by Subway, enwick Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

I sense I have am a victim of fraud and this is a great concern as I have for the first time signed up with Skipthedishes and made an order for food at a local Subway (on Fenwick Street, Halifax, N.S.). The order was not received by Subway and I sense I have been scammed in the name of Slipthedishes. Unfortunately II do not recall the exact details of my order despite it being established about two hours ago. ... I have recently changed my Visa number and certainly do not want to shut down banking accounts ... an outcome which would pose great difficulty as I am an elder and wheelchair dependent and there for cannot travel in person to my bank. Melanie Elliott carpe.[protected]@ns.sympatico.ca tel: [protected]

Desired outcome: It is my hope that my VISA number has not been unknownly sent to a fraud-ester and in the name of Skipthedishes which I am told Subway subscribes to!!!

K
9:10 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi there, I would like to share my very poor experience with the Skipthedishes customer service yesterday and this morning, which was very unprofessional. I am looking for compensation on an order I received yesterday. Please see my chat transcript below, which includes an explanation of my experience. Jass unfairly ended the chat. Chat started on 01...

7:31 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

SkipTheDishes My skip the dishes courier account got deactivated for no reason

Hey, I have been using skip the dishes courier application for 6 months, and my account along with my 4 homemates got deactivated on 5th of October,

Courier support is not even responding on my queries.

I have mailed courier support more than 50 times every time I get this response ,

Request #[protected] "Please Re-activate my courier ac..." was closed and merged into this request. Last comment in request #[protected]:

Please help me out with this issue

My contact information is

[protected]@gmail.com

N
5:49 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

SkipTheDishes Skip the dishes gift card

Good afternoon,

We purchased a $250.00 Skip the Dishes Gift Card for a co-worker, paying cash for the transaction. When he scratched/peeled off the activation code strip it took off the activation # underneath it.

We purchased the GC from Shoppers Drug Mart in Lake Country, BC, Canada.

The card has been activated at purchase but it can NOT be used. Please advise how we proceed. Shoppers Drug Mart has refused to refund and says Skip the Dishes is responsible for assisting.

I expect you can see that the card is activated and has a balance of $250.00 remaining.

The Card # is 076750522216399030048223589741

Purchased on 23/09/11

Authorization #919981

Reference #[protected]

Merchant ID: [protected]

Terminal # [protected]

Thank you for your attention to this,

Nicole Gazley

Respond to nicole.[protected]@rcmp-grc.gc.ca

Desired outcome: Please either refund or offer a voucher for the value of what we are unable to access from this purchase.

I
10:46 pm EDT

SkipTheDishes Delivery

On September 28, 2023, ordered from OPA through Skip The Dishes. After waiting for an hour, the app said that it had been delivered but no order arrived. You can't talk to them, customer care is NOT answering on the chat. Called the 2 different nearby stores that was supposed to be picked up from, and they said that no order had been placed from them. $80 is gone.

12:44 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Please read email thread below and call me asap. Thank you  This message was sent with High importance. This message was sent with High importance. rehana Alli [protected]@skipthedishes.com;[protected]@skipthedishes.ca When you call me at [protected], please bear in mind that if it was the intention to have the order which was placed on September 14, 2023 picked...

9:57 pm EDT

SkipTheDishes I did not get my food since it went to the wrong address

Receipt #[protected]. I placed my order and I did not check my address on the order since I have been ordering from skip and my order was delivered at my home address. For some reason it went to my old work address and the service person on the app name Konami. He would only credit me 50%. So I don’t get my food and I have to pay half the order. Does this make sense? Do I have to. Go to court to get the balance of what you owe me. Plus your lovely worker just cut me off with an email address [protected]@skipthedishes.ca and ended the chat. Is this how you treat your customers. I think your company needs to learn what customer service is all about.

Desired outcome: I want a phone call from a manager and refund in full.

10:13 pm EDT

SkipTheDishes Calypso and delivery

I waited 20 mins for an 8 min drive to be delivered while the driver took a joy ride downtown despite clear instructions In the notes and that’s not the worst of it.

The food was terrible. Burnt chicken and potatoes. Sour soup. Dip was rock hard. Tzatziki was garlic, nothing close to tzatziki. I asked for a refund and had to fight tooth and nail just to get $30 back from the $60 bill and credits that I will not use since I’ll no longer be using this business.

The CSR refused to provide me with contact information for her head of department to put in a formal complaint. Claiming they don’t have any one I can contact which isn’t true.

I’m never using skip again. Horrible CSR and they don’t stand by providing good customer service. It’s now 2 hours since I first order and the CSR took an hour to give me the bare minimum.

Desired outcome: I want the rest of my money refunded to my card. Otherwise, this is robbery.

5:54 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

SkipTheDishes Billing my credit card on the premise that my order was accepted and the food was being prepared but I did not get an sms msg on my cell phone

I hope that two sets of meals were not delivered and that two sets of charges were made to my account - I called customer service and they would not speak with me I was referred to chat and chat does not work I will dispute one of the charges if there are two because of a glitch and I will not accept the second set of food if two were delivered rehana alli

[protected]

Desired outcome: I would like a refund and an apology - i am a long time customer

2:07 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

SkipTheDishes Skip the dishes robbed me

ORDER #[protected]. Took an hour and a half to be delivered. Food was so cold I thought it might have been made yesterday. I can’t eat this food as I am concerned that it is not safe to do so. They gave me 50% refund. They took half of my money and gave me inedible food in return. This is theft. I order from them all the time and have never had an issue like this.

Desired outcome: The rest of my money back… and an apology for the way customer service treated me

6:12 am EDT

SkipTheDishes Stolen Food

I contacted Skip several times that I only received my drinks, I didn't received my breakfast bagels or my hash browns, I only got my drinks. When the delivery driver arrived I asked her what are you doing because she came across me weird 😐 " her response I need to prove that the food was delivered. I was excited when I got the to open the bag to just my drinks, not even a straw or napkin in the bag. Right away I tried to contact skip, and the driver. Skip was so unprofessional to help me. I contacted McDonald's, they ensured me that they put everything in one bag, the took the food outta of my bag, I don't even want to touch my drinks 😑 this is horrible 😫

Desired outcome: Refund for my order and the worker to be fired

M
11:12 pm EDT

SkipTheDishes Delivery Driver

Maybe you should test or tell your immigrant drivers that they must pull over to the curb to make the house delivery. This guy I’ve seen him twice on Ashworth rd SE in Calgary stop in the middle of the main road put his hazards on and leaves vehicle WTF! Next time he won’t get into his vehicle as I will block his door with my truck and chew him/ her a new [censored]. I should’ve got his plate # and next time it will all be recorded! Training is key here!

Richard

3:30 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

SkipTheDishes Order was never received and 4 days later no solution have been made

I ordered from the Earl of Sandwiche on August 10th, 2023 in Kelowna BC to be delivered to the Manteo at Eldorado Resort (address 3762 Lakeshore road) and it was never delivered. I have the conformation email that the order was placed the order number was #[protected]. When I placed the review and messaged the customer support team I was told it would be looked into and I haven't heard anything back since then. I am extremely disappointed in the customer service that was nearly nonexistent.

Desired outcome: I would like a full reimbursement for the money I spent as well as the points I used to discount my order

C
5:33 pm EDT

SkipTheDishes Food delivery

I ordered McDonalds food last night while at work. I ordered a filet o fish meal that included a filet-o-fish sandwich, medium fries and drink as well as 2sets of 2 apple pies (4 total) and a Big Mac sandwich was included as a free deal because I spent a certain amount. When I received my food from their delivery, I realized that I was missing all 4 pies and my medium French fries. I sent them a complaint by email and was told that there was nothing that they would do. I paid for items of food that I did not get and will not be compensated for. Not a lot of money, but it is the principle of it.

Desired outcome: To be paid back for items I did not recieve

H
10:08 pm EDT

SkipTheDishes Driver theft

Skip the Dishes' drivers (couriers) frequently commit theft. The company never acknowledges this.

My most recent experience was on June 15th, 2023. The driver located my building correctly, located the instructions that gave the buzzer code, buzzed my apartment, was let in, then never delivered the food, despite my receiving a notification that the delivery was complete. I checked outside my door and in the lobby of my very quiet building, and there was nothing there.

I contacted a support agent on their chat. Their training is clearly to gaslight the customer into believing that they: a) received the food and just can't see it somehow, b) gave incorrect delivery information, and then circle back through these two options endlessly. I wanted basic answers like, "where did my food go?" and "have you contacted the driver to ask?" and could not get an answer beyond "well, the driver says it was delivered, so it must have been". They behave as though granting a refund is the utmost in service, when it should be the very least a customer receives. I followed up with a complaint through Skip the Dishes' support centre and received the same run-around from the agent: no accountability, no explanations, no acknowledgement that their employee stole my order, and altogether dismissive treatment. No attempt to perform any sort of "service recovery" or apologize for the experience. I am furious and fully finished with this company.

Desired outcome: 1) I want an honest explanation of where, precisely, my order went. 2) I want the theft acknowledged. 3) I want my refund credited back to my credit card rather than store credit. 4) I want additional compensation for the terrible service.

C
6:58 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

SkipTheDishes Someone has used my bank card over the past few months and has used almost 600 with this company.

Hello!

I’m writing because I would like the money that has been taken out of my bank back as someone has gotten ahold of my bank card and has used spent almost 600 with this company. I live in a very small town called Perth Ontario and we do NOT have anything like this here. I have contacted my bank also as I have just noticed this. I have been sick so I never noticed before as I didn’t or wouldn’t think to check for something like this. I can send Al the pictures of my account where it has been used. I can be contacted by email at

[protected]@gmail.com

I would very much appreciate the money back as I am off work due to medical reasons and that’s Al the money I had.

Christine

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

SkipTheDishes contacts